• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Is the incursion gonna launch on April 12 at 8pm est (reset time)? Or did they only confirm the date not the time?
I didn't hear a time, just the date. But I assumed it would be later in the evening like when maintenance has happend - 12am PT, etc.

Klyka

Banned
Lfm people interested in chain running or attempting incursions on Xbox launch day, gt: melennia

Full 31 high end gear, support build with caduceus resets

fTTBLia.gif

lt519

So without a timer I'm assuming the first chees-y method will be to kill all enemies in a wave but one, let everyone's skills charge, start the next wave and sequentially use tactical links, leave one guy alive, rinse and repeat.

Hopefully the waves have waves within them to prevent this type of tactic.

since that's the HE gear score

so if you have all HEs then your gearscore will be 201

Level 31 HE will probably score differently than Level 30 HE? It should imo

The Incursion will likely go live when the weekly server maintenance is done, so 3am EST maintenance for 3 hours, with everything likely live at 7am EST just like any other time a massive patch was put in.

Macrotus

So Incursion is just a horde mode?

Disappointing. Not gonna continue the massive end game grind just to play some horde mode...

I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

If Incrusion is just walking down sewers killing some trash mobs and then fighting waves of enemies in that huge room and killing boss, I'm not sure if I would be satisfied enough with the amount of content.

If thats the case, the raid in Destiny was much better. (aside from the lock outs and stuff)

I'm expecting like, multiple huge rooms, like at least 3 of them each having a boss.
And the final boss would be like, the strongest and looking epic. Like the chopper boss in the last story mission. But I have a feeling thats not the case.

Klyka

Banned
Incursions are not raids guys. And they will never be.

They will be 4 player content featuring different mechanics per incursion.
I can see them focusing on very different things for each incursion, like this one being a horde mode with a big boss that can only be damaged through certain means.

Another incursion could be a defense mission where you defend a target against waves, etc...

What I feel is that Massive is going for things that can be done in 30min or less and they never want to get you stuck in something for hours AND they don't want mechanics that basically become boring and tedious once you do them once or twice.

Destiny's raids are fun the first three times and then everything in it like the jumping puzzles or the platform jumping becomes entirely mechanical and doesn't matter anymore.
I can do the jumps in my sleep, I will never fail them and never do and I basically don't even need to do them anymore, but the game still forces me to.
Same with "jump on platforms in correct order" that stuff is just tedious the moment you do it with a group who has done it once before.

So I feel Division is going a totally different path than Destiny and instead wants content that plays differently because of it's enemies composition and the AI mixing things up,instead of using fixed mechanics that don't matter after the first time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GA only gives level 28 purples.

What is needed for running dailies DPS/Health wise?
Honestly, the easiest thing to do is find someone to carry though through Lexington 6 times and hope you get 6 different HE pieces. You should also have enough credits to buy a weapon blueprint as well. 3 people can definitely carry an underleveled player without any problems.

I can see them focusing on very different things for each incursion, like this one being a horde mode with a big boss that can only be damaged through certain means.

Another incursion could be a defense mission where you defend a target against waves, etc...

What I feel is that Massive is going for things that can be done in 30min or less and they never want to get you stuck in something for hours AND they don't want mechanics that basically become boring and tedious once you do them once or twice.

Destiny's raids are fun the first three times and then everything in it like the jumping puzzles or the platform jumping becomes entirely mechanical and doesn't matter anymore.
I can do the jumps in my sleep, I will never fail them and never do and I basically don't even need to do them anymore, but the game still forces me to.
Same with "jump on platforms in correct order" that stuff is just tedious the moment you do it with a group who has done it once before.

So I feel Division is going a totally different path than Destiny and instead wants content that plays differently because of it's enemies composition and the AI mixing things up,instead of using fixed mechanics that don't matter after the first time.

But they kept priding themselves about their QC team taking several full work days to complete Challenging for this Incursion...

We NOW know it isn't a raid, but everyone expected it to be a big piece of content ala a raid.

Klyka

Banned
But they kept priding themselves about their QC team taking several full work days to complete Challenging for this Incursion...

We NOW know it isn't a raid, but everyone expected it to be a big piece of content ala a raid.

Developers talking about length and difficulty of their content is NEVER true, you know this :p

Macrotus

I understand what you're trying to say.
Took away some negative feelings about Incrusion.
I guess I'll actually see for myself if the content keeps me excited or not.
At least now I can wait for it with some positive hopes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Who needs a raid when there are 20 main cm runs...
I assume the drop rate for set items will be much lower in the CM. It has to be when people can farm Lexington in under 10 minutes.

Being able to to cheese ANY mission by bringing in 20 people into it? Yeah. lol

(I hope they don't fix it and the first group to finish the Incursion on challenging is one that has 24 people in it)

I assume the drop rate for set items will be much lower in the CM. It has to be when people can farm Lexington in under 10 minutes.

Being able to to cheese ANY mission by bringing in 20 people into it? Yeah. lol

(I hope they don't fix it and the first group to finish the Incursion on challenging is one that has 24 people in it)

I meant man.. The glitch is a joke.

Klyka

Banned
I understand what you're trying to say.
Took away some negative feelings about Incrusion.
I guess I'll actually see for myself if the content keeps me excited or not.
At least now I can wait for it with some positive hopes.

It's hard to properly explain for me, cause not native speaker, but basically we all know that AI can very often surprise you. Sometimes even just by glitching out or something.
We all know that one AI minion who suddenly showed up in a place no AI ever went to on the 50th run of something and going "woah wtf hahaha what was that?"

Of course we will all in less than 2 hours or so know where the enemies spawn,will then CC them to death and have everything figured out.
Thanks to streamers/youtubers who earn money from releasing this info and to the internet spoiling absolutely everything and posting the "most efficient" way as fast as possible, all this stuff will be figured out and on farm on Day 1. We know this.

I don't believe Massive made the waves random, which will probably be very sad and reminiscent of Destiny where you know exactly at what time how many of what type of enemy spawn where, but we can still dream.

I fully believe that any mechanics that rely on players doing a specific thing that never changes from run to run are completely useless and should not exist.

Randomization is THE number 1 important thing for me in games nowadays and way too few use it.

I meant man.. The glitch is a joke.

The glitch is gone tomorrow after the patch.

Patch Incoming Tomorrow - 12am PST Maintenance and Patch

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424068-Changelog-April-1-2016-Maintenance

Here is the list of changes implemented during the maintenance of Friday, April 1, 2016:

-Madison Field Hospital: The Elite NPC that spawns when Hutch is killed before jumping down from the roof will no longer drop additional loot when killed repeatedly

-Missions: Named NPCs killed from outside the mission area will no longer drop additional loot when killed repeatedly

-Fixed issues which could allow groups to bypass the limit of four members

I crafted the Liberator last night. It's a fine gun, but it's rather unstable, so it needs a fair bit of stability mods. My plan is to buy all of the high end AR blueprints, and test them all out.

I'm currently at Level 30 in the Dark Zone, and I think I'm going to grind to Level 40-something tonight. I have an abundance of crafting material and Division bucks, so I'm only going to pick up HE items and DZ bucks. Some of the blueprints I need are Level 50 DZ, so you know...

Speaking of Dark Zone, I extracted in DZ06 last night, and it was nice. It was a rooftop extraction, and there were 5 or 6 level 32 gold enemies up there. Once I took them out, it was an easy extraction. The DZ05 extraction was a bit tougher, as a bunch of enemies came out of nowhere during the home stretch.

void666

Banned
Patch Incoming Tomorrow - 12am PST Maintenance and Patch

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424068-Changelog-April-1-2016-Maintenance

Here is the list of changes implemented during the maintenance of Friday, April 1, 2016:

-Madison Field Hospital: The Elite NPC that spawns when Hutch is killed before jumping down from the roof will no longer drop additional loot when killed repeatedly

-Missions: Named NPCs killed from outside the mission area will no longer drop additional loot when killed repeatedly

-Fixed issues which could allow groups to bypass the limit of four members

I wonder how long it will take for someone to figure out a new farming method.

EL CUCO

Excellent post.

Klyka

Banned
Not New York, Midtown Manhattan and (for the intro portion of the game) a tiny piece of Brooklyn.

I can imagine them expanding the map to include more of Manhattan or even parts of other boroughs, but can you really see them adding other cities?

Never other cities, but other boroughs In can totally see.
I bet we will get a bigger slice of Brooklyn

Definity

Cant wait to grab the set items. The supply drops in the dz should be fun if a bunch of agents all show up ready to battle it out.

Deku Tree

Once an hour sounds too rare for the supply drop items. Should be every 15 minutes. Hopefully they increase the drop intervals. Also do the drops happen on the hour? Or do they happen at RNG time intervals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom