• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked back here. Next time let me know your request was from GAF. I'm still on but you appear offline.

If anyone else wants to trade rogue kills let me know.
Had to log off for dinner.

I should be back online around 8pm EST if you're interested/available then.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can someone explain to me the skills menu. In the list with attributes is base what we currently have and total is the maximum you can achieve?

Like sticky bomb base is 30,000 HP and total is 154,000 HP.

Does that mean at this moment I can achieve 30,000 HP to a player with my current setup right now but I could achieve 154,000 HP if I increased electronics and skillpower?

RyanDG

Can someone explain to me the skills menu. In the list with attributes is base what we currently have and total is the maximum you can achieve?

Like sticky bomb base is 30,000 HP and total is 154,000 HP.

Does that mean at this moment I can achieve 30,000 HP to a player with my current setup right now but I could achieve 154,000 HP if I increased electronics and skillpower?

Base is unmodified.

Total is the modified total representing your stats and gear.

Sane_Man

How are people cheating in DZ on PS4? Lag switching? Some dickheads were going rogue and just wouldn't take any damage at all and lagging all over the place, then I'd just suddenly be dead.

Man, getting booted from everything I've tried to play has taken any and all desire to play this game today. Honestly might just sit this thing down unless my friends are on. I really don't enjoy this game solo.

Does anyone know what the light beams are on the map? They appear only on specific missions, and at first I thought it was for the dailies but there's more than that.

Deku Tree

What are people going to say when they find out that the incursion is a one room wave based horde mode with a tank boss that is immune to bullet damage?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Base is unmodified.

Total is the modified total representing your stats and gear.

Ok cool. I'll have to try out the sticky bomb on some people in the DZ.

When you're extracting... Watch your back. ;)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wesley S Shark/video/16275797

Also just got my alt to 30. Time to start speccing a stam/elec build.

anigif_enhanced-3800-1402261402-19.gif

Poor bambi's.

What are people going to say when they find out that the incursion is a one room wave based horde mode with a tank boss that is immune to bullet damage?

I expect a lot of defensive pandas. I am really not expecting more than just a tank boss (after 15 waves) that requires you to do simple actions like activate rockets or move explosives closer to them.

The Division doesn't have fluid mobility for complex mechanics that require teamwork.

When you're extracting... Watch your back. ;)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wesley S Shark/video/16275797

Also just got my alt to 30. Time to start speccing a stam/elec build.
Yesterday as I was extracting my first HE gear that I got from a chest in DZ05, someone did that to me. I think no one EVER screwed me when extracting until now (~100h of play), and then when I get my first HE.......................... I rage quit the damn thing lol

Deku Tree

A strategy like shooting it, with a bullet mechanic? Or shooting it's tires? I noticed it can't really drive around in that room.

I am guessing. They said on stream there is more than kne stragegy. But based on the things you do in the game, I would guess that you have to carry a bomb from one location to another while your team protects you. And then you have to wait to set it off while the Tank is nearby. All the while you have adds that keep respawning. Then do that like four times.

I am guessing. They said on stream there is more than kne stragegy. But based on the things you do in the game, I would guess that you have to carry a bomb from one location to another while your team protects you. And then you have to wait to set it off while the Tank is nearby. All the while you have adds that keep respawning. Then do that like four times.

I hope we can actually put it down at times like when it's required in the story missions. Imagine if it can detonate from gunfire. That would be amazing.

Deku Tree

I expect a lot of defensive pandas. I am really not expecting more than just a tank boss (after 15 waves) that requires you to do simple actions like activate rockets or move explosives closer to them.

The Division doesn't have fluid mobility for complex mechanics that require teamwork.

Agree Darryl.

I hope we can actually put it down at times like when it's required in the story missions. Imagine if it can detonate from gunfire. That would be amazing.

Yup that would be amazing too. Maybe too complex though.

Deku Tree

Only the first two paid DLCs dated for "June" and "Summer" get a one month head start on Xbox. The two free DLCs and the fall paid DLC come out at the same time on all platforms.

Three reasons in particular...

One, it completely favors short range fighting rather than medium to long range fighting. Which is okay if you like the current SMG meta, but a little unfortunate if you want to favor medium-to-long confrontations. It's incredible difficult to take on a group of 3+ at that range and not end up in a situation where they can just repeatedly revive a member if you are running with a smaller group. This is especially true in the camp areas above DZ02 and near the DZ02 extraction zone. (This is the biggest issue to me to be honest... if you take out the same guy multiple times at range, why should you be forced to engage closer to ensure he can't duck behind cover to be revived?)

Two, if the game is going to allow large 'super groups' to form, with 8 or so people, any kind of skill gap that exists becomes heavily trivialized by having that number of people running around able to revive others.

Three, there are way too many revive skills available that work at distance. Reviving is way too easy in combat, and should be something that either takes longer to accomplish or is handled how I described above (with a bleed out time that reduces further and further).

Sure, there are ways to address the constant revives (flame grenades, explosive rounds, flame rounds, etc.), or other forms of CC... But regardless, when someone is downed like that, you shouldn't have to waste precious time engaging that target while another threat is still up. The priority should be taking down the other threats, but as the game is set up, it encourages you to disengage a lot of times to ensure that the other guy is dead dead.

If you are with a heavily coordinated group just stomping through others, this isn't much of an issue. But if you are in a coordinated group and you are going up against another coordinated group, the results kind of leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Just my thoughts. Don't know if I'm the only one who feels that way.

I agree with some of the problems you point out. Specifically that the game favors CQC much too heavily and that 'super groups' are a problem and honestly shouldn't be able to be premade. These things do make reviving easier than it otherwise would be but they're just big problems in general that muck up what I feel should be the intended flow of PvP combat in the game in general. As far as reviving goes, I think that if shooting someone who is down was a viable finisher at distance, that would help alleviate at least the issue they cause with revivals.

However I don't think Revivals in general are too strong or that the timer is too long. There are way too many ways to deliver an insane amount of burst damage in the game already as is (a lot of fights aren't even really fights.. they literally last seconds). Weakening revivals would just make that worse.

I've said this a few times on here, but you articulated it better than I. Quite frankly, for any form of even somewhat competitive PvP play (I don't think it exists currently in this game or even if they aspire to it) they need to tone down the revival and healing mechanics, IMO.

I can't agree. Burst damage is too strong at the moment and fights that should be an ebb and flow of movement, angles, cover, skill usage, etc.. too often just becomes which side can burst faster. Except in cases where the initial attacker has a significantly weaker build, the current best strategy really is be the first to shoot. And with this not being a twitch or arena shooter.. that doesn't make for good fights.

I feel like they need to make mid-long range combat more viable through to finishing the opponent and they need to tone either crit chance or crit damage way down. The game has all of these support options available for builds but the only things that are viable are things that either directly improve upon or assist burst damage. This is why Survival Link is so prevalent, because it's really the only thing players can do to effectively curb their opponents burst.

Found a good farm route in DZ this morning. Went from 33 to 37 IIRC.

Is there any way to change your DZ server? Sometimes there are big teams farming the same route so I get jack shit. Sometimes there are tryhards rolling in teams of 6+ camping spawns and other stuff. Would be nice to be able to try a different server.

Found a good farm route in DZ this morning. Went from 33 to 37 IIRC.

Is there any way to change your DZ server? Sometimes there are big teams farming the same route so I get jack shit. Sometimes there are tryhards rolling in teams of 6+ camping spawns and other stuff. Would be nice to be able to try a different server.
Go to a checkpoint and log out or switch into a friends server quickly.

What happens if you then switch to a different skill or cancel the mobile cover?
If you get rid of the mobile cover in any sort it's gone. But you can place the MC anywhere and it won't go away.
I found rolling/sprinting into and out does it a lot easier. It's hard to describe.

EL CUCO

First time ever doing challenging WarrenG, and I did it with 3 randoms from matchmaking. Nobody had a mic or anything. Took about an hour. Holy duck that was intense.

If I could give those guys a hug after it was over I could. Had some solid teamwork.

Wearing that neon green skin pretty proudly on my MP5 lol

RyanDG

Ok cool. I'll have to try out the sticky bomb on some people in the DZ.

With the sticky bomb, just keep in mind that there is a natural damage reduction to the total damage that you get for attacking a player. And this is then put up against any exotic damage resistances that they may have. Finally, the distance from the center of the explosion quickly drops damage off quickly as well.

I use the sticky bomb pretty regularly in PVP combat in the DZ and even with 300k+ total damage (multi target hit), in general I'm hitting for roughly 150k (still enough to one shot most people, but at 150k total damage, I would expect that your approximated actual damage would be roughly about half that). With a pretty sharp drop off from the center.

With the sticky bomb, just keep in mind that there is a natural damage reduction to the total damage that you get for attacking a player. And this is then put up against any exotic damage resistances that they may have. Finally, the distance from the center of the explosion quickly drops damage off quickly as well.

I use the sticky bomb pretty regularly in PVP combat in the DZ and even with 300k+ total damage (multi target hit), in general I'm hitting for roughly 150k (still enough to one shot most people, but at 150k total damage, I would expect that your approximated actual damage would be roughly about half that). With a pretty sharp drop off from the center.

ALL of this. Good advice.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom