• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Update looks good to me. Seems like they're continuing to tweek things in a timely and substantial manner.

Keep bringing it Masivo

Shame about the backpack bug taking as long as it has to fix, but since that needs certification through the client, I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

knitoe

Wow. I can't believe they are upping the DZ Rank requirements and making blueprints outdated in a month.

This is some really fast turnaround for a game like this. I'm glad I hoarded my PC and HE DT after the Incursion stream.

This is some ridiculous turn around for a games gear. Yeesh
Yeah. Usually, games like this wait until there's a big expansion, 6-12 months, to raise cap / item lvls. Makes all the item grinding seem useless. Why would I want to grind more for lvl32 items when it could be crap in the next month...

deadduck

Wow. I can't believe they are upping the DZ Rank requirements and making blueprints outdated in a month.

This is some really fast turnaround for a game like this. I'm glad I hoarded my PC and HE DT after the Incursion stream.

This is some ridiculous turn around for a games gear. Yeesh

Alot of people got on PhC and HE early with exploits.

I think Massive knew exploits would happen and it makes sense to hold back weapons/gear so the 5% wouldn't have everything in the first two weeks.

I think Massive knew exploits would happen and it makes sense to hold back weapons/gear so the 5% wouldn't have everything in the first two weeks.
This. And also being able to keep advancing your character is awesome. Using the same stuff for a half a year can get so stale.

FeD.nL

Yeah. Usually, games like this wait until there's a big expansion, 6-12 months, to raise cap / item lvls. Makes all the item grinding seem useless. Why would I want to grind more for lvl32 items when it could be crap in the next month...

I think 32 (or whatever the max gearscore is) will be the max. till at least the first major expansion in June(?). They kinda had to do this now since people were gearing up insanely fast and now the progression curve is going to be smoothed out.

Finally hit DZ rank 50 and got the Navy MP5 blueprint.

On my third roll I got 24.5% crit chance, Deadly, Destructive and Fierce. I think Im done crafting these now!

quest

Not Banned from OT

No matter what they do the top 5% will get geared up fast because they can play 10 plus hours a day. All this update does is alienate the other 95% who don't have 10 hours a day to get DZ 90 or elite crew for incursions. To lock anything behind DZ 90 at this point is just a slap in the face of the average player. This game has so much potential it is a shame that the development staff right now is so incompetent.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Division Tech
Can drop from NPCs

This isn't in now? I've been getting Div Tech this past week from mobs.

Crafting
Older Blueprints will not require Division Tech anymore
The New ones will need Division Tech

Finally make all those mods.

To lock anything behind DZ 90 at this point is just a slap in the face of the average player.

Lolwot

Yes let's make all of the best loot in the game available for little to no effort at all. It's tiered at 90 because it should only go to people who put in the time to get it.

FeD.nL

No matter what they do the top 5% will get geared up fast because they can play 10 plus hours a day. All this update does is alienate the other 95% who don't have 10 hours a day to get DZ 90 or elite crew for incursions. To lock anything behind DZ 90 at this point is just a slap in the face of the average player. This game has so much potential it is a shame that the development staff right now is so incompetent.

What?

Seriously what is wrong with people?

Finally there is a developer that keeps the community in the loop on a weekly basis. Listens to feedback. And now they are incompetent?!

The entitlement is real.

Seriously someone that can put more hours per day into a game should get rewarded for it. I only get to play in the evenings currently and I'm fine with my progression.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wes what did we do to this agent?

tv55E2f.png

Cheers again to ve3tro, tawp and iceman for the ridiculous manhuntpocalypse last night. That was such a good time. Went from 73 to 76 all from yesterday's antics hahaha.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Lolwot

Yes let's make all of the best loot in the game available for little to no effort at all. It's tiered at 90 because should only go to people who put in the time to get it.

I do love the elitist attitude of if you can't put in 10 hours a day you don't deserve anything good in a game. If you can't see that locking the good gear behind DZ 90 is off putting to 95% of the population that is on you.

I do love the elitist attitude of if you can't put in 10 hours a day you don't deserve anything good in a game. If you can't see that locking the good gear behind DZ 90 is off putting to 95% of the population that is on you.
Literally on me. As I will be wearing them. :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This is the good stuff. Based massive.

Hold me. Is this real life?
It's like Massive is listening to it's player base and actually making smart changes.

Player on the official division twitch channel was using 7 medpack paramedic backpack technique. Wonder if he will get banned.

What???? It's not a glitch or exploit. Just swap to the Paramedic backpack before restocking.

smh

Medicated

Neo Member

I don't have the time to play 10+ hours a day and I don't find this off putting. If anything it gives me a goal to slowly inch towards. You need to realize you don't speak for the other '95%' of the player base. Vast chunk of us will have no issue whatsoever locking gear behind the higher DZ levels.

ChrisW

Division Tech
Can drop from NPCs

Crafting
Older Blueprints will not require Division Tech anymore
The New ones will need Division Tech

Finally make all those mods.

Does this mean the Navy MP5 won't require Div Tech to craft anymore?

I'm gland that the level cap has been raised. I'm only 38 DZ, but it's nice to have something to aim for with the new gear sets, blueprints and other stuff.

PC increase from bosses is a welcome addition + the div tech drops(which I'm sure that I'm getting already)

Yibby

Grinding to DZ90 with like 200xp per mob ... They should offer more DZ pve activities, like daily quests or something.

quest

Not Banned from OT
What?

Seriously what is wrong with people?

Finally there is a developer that keeps the community in the loop on a weekly basis. Listens to feedback. And now they are incompetent?!

The entitlement is real.

Seriously someone that can put more hours per day into a game should get rewarded for it. I only get to play in the evenings currently and I'm fine with my progression.

Those who play more will always be rewarded for it. The issue is the average player won't be rewarded for their time thanks to the DZ 90 or Incursion progression. It probably take 500 hours to get the privilege of getting good gear now. The grind to DZ 49 has been just incredibly slow. I can't imagine doing that grind 10-15 more times to get to DZ 90.

kvn

Wtf is wrong with you.

Granadier

Those who play more will always be rewarded for it. The issue is the average player won't be rewarded for their time thanks to the DZ 90 or Incursion progression. It probably take 500 hours to get the privilege of getting good gear now. The grind to DZ 49 has been just incredibly slow. I can't imagine doing that grind 10-15 more times to get to DZ 90.

Holy shit dude. Read your posts before submitting them. You sound like a crazy person.

That or an 8 year old who's throwing a fit over not getting the candy on the top shelf at the candy store. Gotta have even shelves so everyone can get all the candy, amirite??

GmK

Neo Member
Division Tech
Can drop from NPCs

That reddit post is just a recap of what was said, not the patch notes (those come later today). The dev said 'And remember you can also get DT from NPCs currently, not only chests' as a way to remind people, not as an announcement.

Aw, bummer.

The official patch notes for the 1.1 update come later today, so you have a week to prepare ^^

deadduck

If you can't see that locking the good gear behind DZ 90 is off putting to 95% of the population that is on you.

The best gear right now gets cheaper to make and will not require going to the DarkZone to craft. A win for the 95%.

If you don't have the best stuff, they've made the DarkZone easier by putting the top people in their own instance. Again a win for the 95%.

Both great moves by the devs in a short space of time to make things better for the 95%.

Sure the new best stuff you will have to put some time in for, the new best stuff you'll need to get to a high level, but you're not gonna get insta killed by il32 monsters trying to do it and the game needs incentives.

So let's not reward the people who really enjoy the game and spend more time playing it. Shame on them. How dare they.

ChrisW

•There were also many false reports because some Players are very high geared (the new Dark Zone Bracket in level 30 will probably help the situation)

From the patch notes 1.1

I don't understand this, does that mean that DZ will be split into different gear levels? so that Bambi 30's won't get rekt by Elite 30's?

EL CUCO

IDK, I didn't really feel the grind to 50. Maybe that's because while all the cool kids were farming BK I was in the DZ actually having fun? :) I think I was rank 36 when I hit level 30.

Edit: ohhh top page? F**k it, we're going Rogue!
Get em, get em, get em

HMD

Rank 90 requirement just means I'll go on constant manhunts until I hit 90, it's surprisingly easy to rank up when you're constantly going rogue, I went from 62 to 64 in an hour by constantly going rogue and simultaneously hunting rogues, it was the most fun I had in the DZ.

Shoot on sight and flee, make sure to get Rouge level 03 or above first though.

Granadier

From the patch notes 1.1

I don't understand this, does that mean that DZ will be split into different gear levels? so that Bambi 30's won't get rekt by Elite 30's?

Essentially.

Maybe they'll rename the <160 bracket the "Light Zone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom