• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Good video. He touches on some of the current issues in the DZ. Would like to see what he would say in an extended video.

Shame. I'll just keep on the dz.

Does you group do the flash bang combo? I ran into a 4 man group last nigh or this morning that kept demolishing me with it.

The people I usually play the DZ with we just farm up in the higher DZ areas and they don't like going rogue. If I with ve3tro or some other people everything is fair game, but no I don't play with anyone running a flashbang combo setup

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Depends on what talents they have.

no you

Good video. He touches on some of the current issues in the DZ. Would like to see what he would say in an extended video.

Me too. The developers hold MarcoStyle in high regards as well, (his name is etched into a wall in DZ03), so I hope they take his criticisms into consideration for future Dark Zone changes.

Tawpgun

Pretty good.

A couple things tho, I'd put shock turret at tier 1 only if you run with a group. Sticky bomb with a tech build is insane too.

Definitely agree with the signature skill issue. Survivor Link is way too OP in PvP, and with a team of 4 you will always have one. Hell tonight we used it to just catch up to players trying to extract lol

I also agree the PvP combat in this game has a huge disconnect with the PvE. It loses all semblance of strategy and synergy and just become weird running, rolling, SMG fests. I think there are some ways around this but it would involve changing very core mechanics. Namely, PvP kill times and perhaps a cooldown/disablement of dodge rolling when being shot. Or even just slowing down a player as he's taking damage from an enemy player. This way fights are more about positioning and flanking. I'd even remove the movement penalty during cover to cover moves to emphasize that system more.

The rogue system does need changes too. While this iteration of the DZ is more fun than the rogueless DZ at launch, its still not perfect. I'll probably write more on it later.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

giphy.gif

Pretty good.

A couple things tho, I'd put shock turret at tier 1 only if you run with a group. Sticky bomb with a tech build is insane too.

Definitely agree with the signature skill issue. Survivor Link is way too OP in PvP, and with a team of 4 you will always have one. Hell tonight we used it to just catch up to players trying to extract lol

I also agree the PvP combat in this game has a huge disconnect with the PvE. It loses all semblance of strategy and synergy and just become weird running, rolling, SMG fests. I think there are some ways around this but it would involve changing very core mechanics. Namely, PvP kill times and perhaps a cooldown/disablement of dodge rolling when being shot. Or even just slowing down a player as he's taking damage from an enemy player. This way fights are more about positioning and flanking. I'd even remove the movement penalty during cover to cover moves to emphasize that system more.

The rogue system does need changes too. While this iteration of the DZ is more fun than the rogueless DZ at launch, its still not perfect. I'll probably write more on it later.

Agreed on all points.

bighotdog

Neo Member
12901385_256595834674180_3819055409034091224_o.jpg

100% upkeep on the action skills.

I would tell you how powerful and OP a tech build is, but actions speak louder than words.

Not only do you gets those buffs, but your entire team does too. And if they are running DPS builds, geezus. Dont even need a tank, when a single skill can turn the whole team into tanks with 70% damage reduction.

Get your Electronic to 50k and use the skills smart cover and pulse, try it. Boy oh boy, it will be HARD going back to a DPS build.

You probably answered this but how did you get 50k skill power with 3k electronics? I'm just over 3k electronics and am still under 40 thousand skill power.

You probably answered this but how did you get 50k skill power with 3k electronics? I'm just over 3k electronics and am still under 40 thousand skill power.

Backpack and mask can roll with +Skill power. Backpack caps at 5700 I think and mask around 4500, so that's an extra 10k skill power right there.

Plus, you could have mods that add +1300 skill power each!

bighotdog

Neo Member
Backpack and mask can roll with +Skill power. Backpack caps at 5700 I think and mask around 4500, so that's an extra 10k skill power right there.

Plus, you could have mods that add +1300 skill power each!

Ahhh yes thanks! Where do you find these 1.3k mods?!? The highest HE mods give me only 130ish to a stat

vctor182

So I read about the Pakhan that is on sell at the BoO today has the highest DpB, making it a good buy for PvE content, is it true?

squidyj

My skill build.
Sadly I've sacrificed Rehabilitated on my mask, rerolling from 571 elec and 4300 skill power with a burning mod and pulse chd skill is not something I'm too keen to do.
getting savage on my gloves has proven to be a massive pain in the ass too and I don't have much leeway left on firepower to avoid losing a lot of talents.

that 50k includes the 13% I'm getting from inventive on my backpack, which I think is worth it

TsuWave

got a HE classic M1A. not a first wave one but will have to do til i get one of those.

also i'm starting to hate the fact that in order to be able to use some guns to their effective best you are forced to change your build around

kriskrosbbk

got a HE classic M1A. not a first wave one but will have to do til i get one of those.

also i'm starting to hate the fact that in order to be able to use some guns to their effective best you are forced to change your build around

Yesterday one of my friends found HE FW M1A.I was about to quit the group and kill him for it.Few mins later he got the Midas as well.

knitoe

Yesterday one of my friends found HE FW M1A.I was about to quit the group and kill him for it.Few mins later he got the Midas as well.

Think, I am never going to get one. Before patch, farmed hornet for a few days. Nothing. Probably, did Alex CM 50 times. Nope. At this point, I'll settle for farming a lvl30 M1A from police academy.

Paertan

Nice. New gear for DZ rank 75 and 90. A reason to level up that rank. Sounds like a good update. But still hoping for some kind of hacker prevention and that most exploits are fixed.

deoee

Talking about cheating now https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

They know about the problem encourage to report people.
They have server tracking + ban waves but know that this isn't the perfect solution and are trying to figure something better out.
If you cheat after the 3 day ban again you're gone forever.

etc. etc.

Paertan

If I understand correctly there will be DZ brackets where you are put into Dark Zone with people with similar Gear Score. Which if true sounds awesome. Hopefully this does not stop you from playing with friends. Which of course can probably be exploited but still better than being all random.

bjaelke

If I understand correctly there will be DZ brackets where you are put into Dark Zone with people with similar Gear Score. Which if true sounds awesome. Hopefully this does not stop you from playing with friends. Which of course can probably be exploited but still better than being all random.

It will most likely put you in the bracket matching the highest gear score in the party.

Paertan

It will most likely put you in the bracket matching the highest gear score in the party.

Yeah that would be great. It would make it hard if onyl 1 player is top tier geared but sounds like hte best solution.

This could also help with hackers since they would probably be top tier geared fast. Meaning they would fight each other a lot. Sucks for the top tier legit players of course.

erawsd

Yeah that would be great. It would make it hard if onyl 1 player is top tier geared but sounds like hte best solution.

This could also help with hackers since they would probably be top tier geared fast. Meaning they would fight each other a lot. Sucks for the top tier legit players of course.

There are only going to be two brackets though. One for people who are basically fresh 30s and one for people with full ilvl31+ gear., which should be way easy after the patch Since ilvl 32 stuff is being added I wonder if they'll end up doing 3rd split.

knitoe

Nice. New gear for DZ rank 75 and 90. A reason to level up that rank. Sounds like a good update. But still hoping for some kind of hacker prevention and that most exploits are fixed.

Fuck no. It was boring enough grinding to 50. I wouldn't be surprise it takes 2x as long to 75 and 4X to 90. Once DS3 launches, I am out.

deadduck

One character at DZ80, only 10 to go :)

Wish blueprints and dtec was shared along with PhC. Pita transferring items back to the character that can make stuff.

Neil_J_UK

Might be a silly question - but is there a way to swap what 'server' you're in when in the Dark Zone?

Me and a couple of friends we're rolling around the level 14 dark zone yesterday for the first time and a group of 6 people all DZ rank 30+ we're just steamrolling us and following us around everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom