• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I see people recommending Balanced for it due to it's low stability.

Balanced would be more suited for an M1A, not the AK. If you are worried about stability you can look for Stable on it, but I would recommend getting that through mods instead.

that's because of all the farming exploits though. New players don't have it as easy.

Nah, I am sitting at a set of full HE gear with around 215k/75k/12k and I never used any of the exploits.
(extensively. I did try them to see what they were all about)

j-wood

Those changes are awesome. Loving this game so much, I played for like 6 hours yesterday, and I'm already level 30. Finally hit 30 in the DZ! Sucks I couldn't buy anything, so good on them for seeing that and changing it. Good job massive.

knitoe

Correct. The amount of "candy" you get in D3 is greater then this game. But that mainly changed with Loot 2.0. In Vanilla D3 the loot was often crap or subpar, and it was rare that you would get something interesting. Now you get a lot of shiny, interesting drops, but if you are working towards a specific endgame build it still requires a lot of grinding.
This game's grind to "top tier" gear is relatively short. Just ask anyone here that is sitting above the future 160 bracket. I wouldn't even be opposed to them extending the grind so long as they improve the candy like D3 did.

Wrong. I'll give you an example, let say I want a certain bow in D3, I'll run greater rifts. Maybe, I'll get lucky with a drop. If not, I'll gamble for it. Guarantee, I'll have one in a day. Now, after farming for days BK, Hornet and about 50 Lex CM, I still haven't found a single HE M1A.

So just so people know and we should keep reminding throughout the day:

Do NOT buy any blueprints or spend any Phoenix Credits or use Division Tech to craft anything until Tuesday.

Wrong. I'll give you an example, let say I want a certain bow in D3, I'll run greater rifts. Maybe, I'll get lucky with a drop. If not, I'll gamble for it. Guarantee, I'll have one in a day. Now, after farming for days BK, Hornet and about 50 Lex CM, I still haven't found a single HE M1A.
I still don't see how that's a problem. Rng is rng.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Target spotted.

I2k9osa.gif

Can't wait for the weekend bambi run.

Granadier

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking from experience, I have around 500 hours into D3, well over that into WoW. Never had a "top tier" build in either game.
This game I'm at less than 200 and am pretty much set.

Target spotted.

I2k9osa.gif

Can't wait for the weekend bambi run.

Oh baby.

knitoe

I still don't see how that's a problem.

Maybe, you miss the part where someone said D3 was more "grinding" than The Division. I was just saying that's wrong. Whether, you like more grinding is up to you.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking from experience, I have around 500 hours into D3, well over that into WoW. Never had a "top tier" build in either game.
This game I'm at less than 200 and am pretty much set.

I put in 250hrs HC last season only, and for people who don't know, seasonal resets quarterly.

deadduck

Nope. I'll give you an example, let say I want a certain bow in D3, I'll run greater rifts. Maybe, I'll get lucky with a drop. If not, I'll gamble for it. Guarantee, I'll get one in a day. Now, after farming for days BK, Hornet and about 50 Lex CM, I still haven't found a single HE M1A.

The Gjallarhorn problem.

If there's rare loot people are after, they will carry on playing.

So just so people know and we should keep reminding throughout the day:

Do NOT buy any blueprints or spend any Phoenix Credits or use Division Tech to craft anything until Tuesday.

I spent 500 PC last night. Fuuuuu

All the changes seem great, but it's really dropping the same day as Destiny?

#hailtotheking

Granadier

Maybe, you miss the part where someone said D3 was more "grinding" than The Division. I was just saying that's wrong. Whether, you like more grinding is up to you.

Go get a full set of Inna's or IK's or Zuni's, then report back how long it took.
I wasn't referencing the time it took to get one drop. I said "top tier build".

I put in 250hrs HC last season only, and for people who don't know, seasonal resets quarterly.

You're just providing more evidence against your argument...

theWB27

That was the mistake blizzard made with vanilla D3 they focused on the 5% and drove away 75% of their player base. This game has a 1 year plan so to go from 50 to 90 in month 1 was a mistake. They should of went to 65 for the first DLC that would of left room for the rest of the year. The grinders will still be rewarded because their gear will simply have much better stats like in D3. The top 5% don't need a whole different tier of gear to be rewarded. Getting an extra 30-50% power by having simply better stats is more than enough reward like D3. It be like blizzard locking ancient gear behind either GR103 or Paragon 2000.

I think the grind is exaggerated. I mostly run solo in the DZ and I went from level 48 to 49 1/2 in an hour when that maintenance timer came on last night.

I even took a week to mainly do challenge missions in order to get guaranteed HE gear and PC.

I then took those earnings to get better gear to survive better in the DZ.

I don't play those other games to know what they're like. My experience from grinding comes from warframe.

A game that makes you spend 15 minutes on a stage before you get a low low chance of getting a single part to a weapon that requires 6 pieces to construct. If you don't get that part on that 15th minute you have to go another 15 before you get another chance or start over and go 15.

The division feels easy to get good.

Deku Tree

Go get a full set of Inna's or IK's or Zuni's, then report back how long it took.

Starting on April 12 your build is not going to be top tier anymore. Let's wait and see how long it takes to get back to top tier while running only one character.

knitoe

I can show you may last season hunter where I have almost 3 of each top tier sets. Doesn't take that long when you can gamble for specific item slots.

fr0st

Banned
Thank god the red pandas a re dead now it got replaced by Bambi.
No point in spending PC right now at least, just need to get to DZ 50.

darkwing

I think the question is, would it matter if someone reaches the upper echelon/gear set first? you will eventually get it if you just play the game

So last night I made a few augs. Not too many because fuck division tech. But I got accurate, destructive, adept. And I will say this.... between my MP5, Vector, and Aug, I really can't tell a difference in how well they murder shit. Everything melts in the DZ regardless of which I use. But I prefer the MP5 and Aug due to the fact that I'm not reloading, reloading, reloading.... although the MP5 is the best in that regard.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I'm KINDA leaning towards the Aug being a good go-between for the vector and MP5 with regards to bullet damage and magazine size. I want to craft more of them but fuck fuck fuck division tech.

Have I mentioned that I hate division tech?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Thank god the red pandas a re dead now it got replaced by Bambi.
No point in spending PC right now at least, just need to get to DZ 50.
Make that 90 now.

Dark Zone changes
Items can be bought with these Dark Zone Ranks (15 / 25 / 40 / 75 / 90) more granular DZ Ranks.

So now the "worthy" equipment will no longer be Lv.50 but actually Lv.90 in the DZ starting next Tuesday.

How are you liking DkS3? Is it better than BB? Can't wait for April 12!
<3 dark souls 3. It's very good and consistent overall. Eh that's a subjunctive question that will vary between people. Imo it's as good as bloodborne and has way more replay value.
This aint Bestiny ;P
But but but...there's loot, a lot of time complaining, bugs, grinding, shooting bulletsponges, fake xur, a thirst for weapon parts, a lot of familiar gaffers and Dgaf? Amirite :p

fr0st

Banned
Make that 90 now.

Dark Zone changes
Items can be bought with these Dark Zone Ranks (15 / 25 / 40 / 75 / 90) more granular DZ Ranks.

So now the "worthy" equipment will no longer be Lv.50 but actually Lv.90 in the DZ starting next Tuesday.
Wonder how many people are in >90 lol. I guess they don't want everyone to get the gear sets immediately after the update.

I find it hilarious that only 37% of people who bought the game got to Level 30.

Would be very interesting to see that split even further with Level 30 and DZ Rank. If we use Level 30 and DZ 50 I'm sure it will be around 10% or less.

If Massive is going to cater to such a small % of the player base things aren't gonna get any better for people wanting to get into this game now.

Weren't the complaints all about how there's no point in playing DZ past level 50? And how it took a grind to get to the level of the people who early farmed PC and BK?

So, now we have a point in playing DZ past level 50. And now the people who early farmed PC and BK are in the same grind.

And they're adding PvE content. And they're making PC more accessible.

If I have to sacrifice my spent HE DT, PC and DZ credits for that, I'm cool with it.

Weren't the complaints all about how there's no point in playing DZ past level 50? And how it took a grind to get to the level of the people who early farmed PC and BK?

So, now we have a point in playing DZ past level 50. And now the people who early farmed PC and BK are in the same grind.

If I have to sacrifice my spent HE DT, PC and DZ credits for that, I'm cool with it.
This update is a point for point response to the most major complaints about the dz grind. But you can't please everyone, I guess. Haha

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Wonder how many people are in >90 lol. I guess they don't want everyone to get the gear sets immediately after the update.
I been slacking because I got distracted by the PS Vita port of XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus so I hit DZ Lv39 last night and the highest I seen is a Lv.72.

theWB27

I find it hilarious that only 37% of people who bought the game got to Level 30.

Would be very interesting to see that split even further with Level 30 and DZ Rank. If we use Level 30 and DZ 50 I'm sure it will be around 10% or less.

If Massive is going to cater to such a small % of the player base things aren't gonna get any better for people wanting to get into this game now.

If only 37% made it to 30, which was easy, how exactly is massive catering to anyone? That just looks like people didn't care to keep going.

I keep saying this, of massive makes it easier then they still have to reward the people who grind. Then those people who don't grind will still complain because they still won't be able to hang or have as good a gear as the grinders.

The biggest issue is that they went ahead and bumped the DZ limit required up by 40 and haven't added any content to help make the awful grind any better. Will supply drop success net DZ XP? Will the assignments weekly and daily give a decent amount of DZ XP to help with the grind?

Hopefully the answer to both is yes, otherwise this is going to be more of the awful DZ grind.

If only 37% made it to 30, which was easy, how exactly is massive catering to anyone? That just looks like people didn't care to keep going.

I keep saying this, of massive makes it easier then they still have to reward the people who grind. Then those people who don't grind will still complain because they still won't be able to hang or have as good a gear as the grinders.

So you want the game to die and not have any new players at this point?

I feel getting new players and player retention is more important to the long term survival of this game than catering to the hardcore that make up 3% of the player base likely.

mackaveli

So should I craft my green and blue division tech into weapon parts and other materials as it doesn't appear they will allow us to craft HE division tech?

No point in keeping blue and green division tech? Any change this changes in future?

The biggest issue is that they went ahead and bumped the DZ limit required up by 40

99 was always the max rank and it's silly to think that there wasn't going to be new tiers added. Was saying to someone in party chat last week that I hope massive was going to add higher tiered rewards for people who were at the top dz ranks.

And voila. &#128076;

They even spread out more tiers in lower levels as well, to make more loot boosts for people to get to along the way.

It's a good system.

spyder_ur

People say not to buy blueprints? I get that for DZ blueprints, but are they changing anything about the BoO ones?

I think the upgraded DZ ranks are a little fast. Personally it's OK for me - I'm around 65 or so. But a few people I play with are in the 30s, and now that they know there's even another hill to climb and it's not a flat one to get the best gear, I'm wondering if they'll bother.

Because despite what some say, getting to DZ 50 is absolutely a grind.

the thought about going into the DZ without everyone being a level 60 gawd is really exciting

Yes, this is really a positive in my mind. They needed to segment the DZ a little bit - I'd be OK with them flattening gear advantages in PvP too.

theWB27

So you want the game to die and not have any new players at this point?

I feel getting new players and player retention is more important to the long term survival of this game than catering to the hardcore that make up 3% of the player base likely.

I'm sorry, but if only 37% made it to 30 it seems like people didn't like the game and making it easier isn't what's going to bring them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom