• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasTanK

Whelp, DZ isn't doing as much for me as the missions did.. Even the matchmaking doesn't seem to work as well as in the missions.

Whenever I want to play in DZ I get paired up with randoms just traversing and the outside map and doing random encounters/missions.. Also is it me or not many people use headsets on PC and just use text chat.

You should join the gaf discord so you don't have get matched with randoms. Im always down to run some darkzone. My UPlay is NOXPaNzEr

giphy.gif

tumblr_m3tnc7ZBuj1rvzu9do1_500.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Pro tip: Pistol whipping hostile dogs will make them run away without killing them.

You filthy animals.

theWB27

Just reached level 50. Yay except it time to wait until the update.

Guess my pakhan/vector combo is going to stick around a little longer.

They really need to up the amount of XP you get from killing mobs in DZ. Spent an hour in DZ got from 44 to 44.5.

Where's the incentive for those that don't want to deal with going Rogue. I get there needs to be incentive to go Rogue, but there isn't any to not and go after bosses. The loot is terrible, so doing that's pointless. DZ tech is so rare to drop off of them.

Now that I keep getting sent into instances with groups of 4+ with crazy good vectors all with survivor link and 70+ DZ rank. I don't stand a chance against that.

So I'm left running for my life 90% of time. Kill a few bosses get ambushed and get killed instantly then all of my progress is gone.

The pvp is way, way, way, too imbalanced and it's ruining the DZ for me.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They really need to up the amount of XP you get from killing mobs in DZ. Spent an hour in DZ got from 44 to 44.5.

Where's the incentive for those that don't want to deal with going Rogue. I get there needs to be incentive to go Rogue, but there isn't any to not and go after bosses. The loot is terrible, so doing that's pointless. DZ tech is so rare to drop off of them.

Now that I keep getting sent into instances with groups of 4+ with crazy good vectors all with survivor link and 70+ DZ rank. I don't stand a chance against that.

So I'm left running for my life 90% of time. Kill a few bosses get ambushed and get killed instantly then all of my progress is gone.

There is no incentive.

Right now rogue is the fastest source of exp, and with a good team easy

Neil_J_UK

Sorry, new player here - so about those named enemies (e.g. Bullet King) is it best to avoid killing these while levelling up, and save it until level 30 to kill them? Because I'm 75% sure I killed a yellow health enemy called Bullet King around level 16

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

How are you guys getting killedso much? If you watch the minimap you can avoid Rogues all day. If you want to extract go to the point farthest from the rogues you see and have survivor link ready.

If it's too dangerous don't pick up the item, wait till things cool down, pick up the HE and extract.

kagamin

On my level 19 character no one goes after me when I'm at the DZ04 extraction point, too much risk for too little reward for them probably. :p

How are you guys getting killedso much? If you watch the minimap you can avoid Rogues all day. If you want to extract go to the point farthest from the rogues you see and have survivor link ready.

If it's too dangerous don't pick up the item, wait till things cool down, pick up the HE and extract.

I know that. It's the ones that haven't gone rogue yet that always get me. And when I'm in a spot that has no bosses around because the landmarks are bugged and the only way to more is through rogues. What then? Can't avoid those that haven't gone rogue yet. Seems like every group of 3 or more I run across I get mowed down the moment they see me.

I don't pick up gear anyway. I'm not even trying to extract. Literally just trying to level up and I can't unless I'm in a group of 4 and even then it's still a rogue fest in every server in ever zone. I haven't gotten a single HE item out of the DZ as a drop anyway. I'm strictly trying to level up, that's it.
My point is that it's so ridiculously slow to do that when you're not going Rogue.

Zero incentive to even go for landmarks and bosses at this point. The XP and drops are abysmal. It shouldn't take two hours to go up one level.

Do challenge missions drop re-rolls of the same items? Got two near identical holsters from yesterday's, neither of which have a mod slot and wondering if I should bother replaying it or not.

Really needing a high-end vest, high-end gloves and high-end holster with a mod slot to up my character...currently at 124,000 dps, 47,000 stamina, 15,000 electronics.

I am only level 11 almost 12. I was doing the mission with the flamethrower guys after the emporium mission and I kept falling thru the gameworld. In fact.. I could not finish the mission so I left it and did a few other things.

I will say that as much as I like this game I feel that I am leveling way too slow. I have almost 20 hours played and only been in the dark zone like 2 times....

I just don't feel like I am leveling up like I should be......

I am only level 11 almost 12. I was doing the mission with the flamethrower guys after the emporium mission and I kept falling thru the gameworld. In fact.. I could not finish the mission so I left it and did a few other things.

I will say that as much as I like this game I feel that I am leveling way too slow. I have almost 20 hours played and only been in the dark zone like 2 times....

I just don't feel like I am leveling up like I should be......
If you stick to story missions that are around your level, doing side missions and encounters when you need things for your base, you'll level up really fast...

What do you guys think is better, the HE MK17 or purple M1A First Wave? It's telling me the dps is way more on the MK17 but I feel like a lot of that is due to magazine size. Headshots seem to be way higher with the M1A. Accuracy seems a ton better on the MK though (balanced talent).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Sorry, new player here - so about those named enemies (e.g. Bullet King) is it best to avoid killing these while levelling up, and save it until level 30 to kill them? Because I'm 75% sure I killed a yellow health enemy called Bullet King around level 16
It's best to avoid killing any named Yellow NPC because at Lv.30 they may drop a HE drop and some Phoenix Credits.Because of this reason it's also best to avoid doing Bounty Side Quests until Lv.30 because you're always after a named enemy there.

If you stick to story missions that are around your level, doing side missions and encounters when you need things for your base, you'll level up really fast...

That is what I have been doing, but I find myself not being able to complete missions....IT is really weird that I cant level faster. 20 hours.. and I am even going looking for encounters and echos and stuff. I think I need to get with a good group of people and really blow thru some content.

cakely

As for leveling, killing others is the way to go. Rogue hunting is great fun when solo because it makes me feel like Walker, Texas Ranger. I have to pick my battles, though. I don't want to end up as someone's bambi gif...

I've had very little luck hunting rogues solo. I'm trying for the platinum but so far I have only four rogue kills that have counted. I'll get there eventually, but it will take a while.

The rogues that are flagged on the map are usually grouped, holed up in some difficult to assault position, and well-geared. Occasionally I'll meet a couple of players that see that I'm solo and flag themselves to attack, but winning those fights isn't easy either, especially when they're getting the first shots in.

Also, this "bambi" shit is annoying. I've seen the youtube vids. Yes, groups of five buddies with navy MP5s are super-good at killing other players that aren't expecting it. I get it, that's fine. I got to see that in Ultima Online when it launched.

kagamin

I've had very little luck hunting rogues solo. I'm trying for the platinum but so far I have only four rogue kills that have counted. I'll get there eventually, but it will take a while.

The rogues that are flagged on the map are usually grouped, holed up in some difficult to assault position, and well-geared. Occasionally I'll meet a couple of players that see that I'm solo and flag themselves to attack, but winning those fights isn't easy either, especially when they're getting the first shots in.

Also, this "bambi" shit is annoying. I've seen the youtube vids. Yes, groups of five buddies with navy MP5s are super-good at killing other players that aren't expecting it. I get it, that's fine. I got to see that in Ultima Online when it launched.

Just get all your rogue kills in at lower levels like me, where you can easily outmatch other players if they're close to you by popping a damage boost/resist first aid after they start firing and shotgun them. :p

That's 37% who reached Level 30, which is farrrrr from being in the endgame.

Which is why I said essentially. It's not farrrrr, by any stretch. Totally depends on whether you do all the side missions in an area before moving on to the next, or replay missions on hard, etc. Either way, it takes a good chunk of time to get to 30.

Make that 90 now.

Dark Zone changes
Items can be bought with these Dark Zone Ranks (15 / 25 / 40 / 75 / 90) more granular DZ Ranks.

So now the "worthy" equipment will no longer be Lv.50 but actually Lv.90 in the DZ starting next Tuesday.

Waaaaait. Stuff we get with level 50 now will require level 90?

I'm not sure how those tiers will work. But I certainly will NOT want to grind from 61 (my current level) to 90 without any rewards in between.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Waaaaait. Stuff we get with level 50 now will require level 90?
No

Stuff you get at Lv.50 now won't be "optimal" gear anymore and you will be wasting your hard earned Phoenix Credits.New Blueprints will be added with better stats than what the current DZ Lv.50 Blueprints offers and those new Blueprints required a DZ Lv.90 to buy or if you want to go for second best gear it will be DZ Lv.75.

My guess is that the current DZ Lv.50 Blueprints will be lower down to the DZ Lv.40 Blueprints they mentioned in the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom