• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

So while I was sleeping I just missed out on people getting mad that players that grind in the game will be rewarded with better gear faster again? Don't worry about how well geared other people are. Just focus on what you can do. Gearing and leveling up your character. I'm in the middle of helping friends get better gear right now so they can be ready for the incursion. A new buddy just picked up the game and I'll take my free time to power boost him up if he wants. In my own time I can grind out DZ rank. I'm only 56. I won't be able to buy DZ 75/90 oh well. I'll get to it eventually.

Stop worrying about everyone else's progress and worry about yourself the only thing you can control. Also if you had such a problem with all these issues, maybe while you were doing QA testing for Ubisoft and playing the 1.1 patch before all of us you should've reported all of these problems... Oh wait you don't work for them and don't have access to the patch. Wait and see what comes around. The game will continue to evolve with every update and patch. Some for the better, some for the worse. The game is still in it's infancy give it time or don't and play something else. They are just video games you play for fun. People getting worked up about dtech farming or a glitchy mask people use.

Ve3tro, Wesley, Tawp I had loads of fun with you guys last night big game hunting in the DZ. That second server we switched to was loads of fun. If you guys ever need another one shoot me an invite

WipedOut

So while I was sleeping I just missed out on people getting mad that players that grind in the game will be rewarded with better gear faster again? Don't worry about how well geared other people are. Just focus on what you can do. Gearing and leveling up your character. I'm in the middle of helping friends get better gear right now so they can be ready for the incursion. A new buddy just picked up the game and I'll take my free time to power boost him up if he wants. In my own time I can grind out DZ rank. I'm only 56. I won't be able to buy DZ 75/90 oh well. I'll get to it eventually.

Stop worrying about everyone else's progress and worry about yourself the only thing you can control. Also if you had such a problem with all these issues, maybe while you were doing QA testing for Ubisoft and playing the 1.1 patch before all of us you should've reported all of these problems... Oh wait you don't work for them and don't have access to the patch. Wait and see what comes around. The game will continue to evolve with every update and patch. Some for the better, some for the worse. The game is still in it's infancy give it time or don't and play something else. They are just video games you play for fun. People getting worked up about dtech farming or a glitchy mask people use.

Ve3tro, Wesley, Tawp I had loads of fun with you guys last night big game hunting in the DZ. That second server we switched to was loads of fun. If you guys ever need another one shoot me an invite

Destiny was a grind, This I'm taking my time with, I don't feel this urge that I'm being left behind. I took my time to 30, I'm only sitting at DZ Rank 37 but I've been doing daily challenges and a little bit a DZ here and there.

I'm currently at 157KDPS, 65K Stamina and 21K Electronics, Only piece of gear I have that is level 30 are my gloves, they are just too good to upgrade yet, Crit Chance, Crit Damage and SMG w/ Smartcover. I think I'm good when it comes to incursions.

Tawpgun

I'm glad they are giving people things to strive for past Dz50 that isn't just dtech farming and crafting.

But I can empathize with the people who are feeling left behind because I know that feel. I don't play as often as some others and I can feel that power difference already (I only just got to DZ50) but this is a balance the devs have to hit. The hardcore players should be rewarded for their efforts. They are the most passionate fans of the game. But the devs can't forget the majority of players aren't that hardcore and don't have all that time/friend resources (is there an lfg site yet?)

I think they struck a nice balance. The dz rank progression is better now, assignments will boost it up. As someone who has solo grinded and group grinded, try and get in a dz group. Even if you're just killing ai, it goes by so much faster.

I think the state of the game on 4/12 will be solid.

I almost have full high-end gear, but a few of the pieces were just drops. I need to buy glove and kneepad blueprints.

My stats are 138K, 58K & 10K

This is enough for me to get through the dailies easily and some of the challenge modes, but my gear isn't optimized. I need to work on getting to Rank 50 because I need the chest and glove blueprints.

I'm glad they are giving people things to strive for past Dz50 that isn't just dtech farming and crafting.

But I can empathize with the people who are feeling left behind because I know that feel. I don't play as often as some others and I can feel that power difference already (I only just got to DZ50) but this is a balance the devs have to hit. The hardcore players should be rewarded for their efforts. They are the most passionate fans of the game. But the devs can't forget the majority of players aren't that hardcore and don't have all that time/friend resources (is there an lfg site yet?)

I think they struck a nice balance. The dz rank progression is better now, assignments will boost it up. As someone who has solo grinded and group grinded, try and get in a dz group. Even if you're just killing ai, it goes by so much faster.

I think the state of the game on 4/12 will be solid.

My issue is that they now demand another 40 level grind to 90 in the DZ without adding anything substantial to do to get there.

We don't know if supply drops will give any XP and the assignments might be marginal amounts of XP that don't help the grind much.

I find it ridiculous as the DZ is a barren wasteland of content. Manhunts and going rogue are only fun for so long...

I think the concern from players who are still low level DZ is what we are already seeing. Players who get to the cap quickly, gear up with some of the best gear that is limited to DZ blueprints, get bored, and hunt all the under geared players making it even more difficult to gain DZ ranks and get that top end gear. There is virtually no risk for players at the top going rogue.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I think the concern from players who are still low level DZ is what we are already seeing. Players who get to the cap quickly, gear up with some of the best gear that is limited to DZ blueprints, get bored, and hunt all the under geared players making it even more difficult to gain DZ ranks and get that top end gear. There is virtually no risk for players at the top going rogue.
Good thing that the patch will somewhat mitigate this issue by having any player over the Gear Score of 160 have their own DZ Area so they won't be wrecking brand new Lv.30s.

My issue is that they now demand another 40 level grind to 90 in the DZ without adding anything substantial to do to get there.

No one is demanding anything of you. Grinding to 90 is entirely up to you.

I find it ridiculous as the DZ is a barren wasteland of content. Manhunts and going rogue are only fun for so long...
For you, maybe. It's endless fun for others. The supply drops and additional daily/weekly missions will mix it up, for sure, but it is far from a barren wasteland right now. The dz, as of the present, is an ever evolving context for a unique pvp/pve hybrid zone. If that's not your thing, there's nothing wrong with that. That being said, you're blasting off as if this is some broken thing that needs catered to what/how you want to play, where everyone is on the same playing field and no one has the upper hand. That's not the dark zone.

Iceman829

We don't know if supply drops will give any XP and the assignments might be marginal amounts of XP that don't help the grind much.

I never saw them say you must grind out 40 more levels of DZ or you can't play this game. Get a grip.

Assumptions made on content no one but the dev team and it's testers are privy to.

The world is still evolving. 1 month in and they are adding supply drops to the DZ. Wait and see what they do with their world. If you are unhappy with the current content you can always play another game until something hooks you back in.

Good thing that the patch will somewhat mitigate this issue by having any player over the Gear Score of 160 have their own DZ Area so they won't be wrecking brand new Lv.30s.

It remains to be seen how effective that is. All HE gear of the same ilvl gets the same gear score based on the stream and we all know there is a tremendous range of gear quality.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
At what point can I start running challenge mode?

My gear/build is 68k DPS, 73k HP and ~10k skill.
The general census seems to be that if you have a full set of purples you can start doing Challenge Mode.

Just stay away from Challenge Mode in the Warren Power Station Mission because that one has an actual DPS checked since near the end of the mission you got 9 minutes to clear 5 waves of enemies which alot of players have a hard time clearing and that's assuming the group got past the shotgunner massacre at the start of the missions near the gates.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Not sure if it was one of you who I did the power station daily with yesterday, but if so thanks for carrying me like a baby. I wouldn't say I was completely useless but I was close to it. My gear isn't there yet and whoever it was completely mowed down the enemies and I just got the scraps. Though I did revive him once when he got surrounded! I really wish I had the time to grind for gear.

Xion_Stellar

It remains to be seen how effective that is. All HE gear of the same ilvl gets the same gear score based on the stream and we all know there is a tremendous range of gear quality.
Oh I know it's not a perfect solution and a player can always equip enough gear to only have a gear score of 159 if they want to wreck new players but at least something is better than nothing.

Cheers for posting.

For those unable to click the link

NEW FEATURES

Falcon Lost

Falcon Lost is a new incursion available in the Stuyvesant area
You must be level 30 and have completed the mission "General Assembly" to access this mission
The encounter is balanced for 4 players with high level gear
Gear Sets

Gear set equipment can be found by completing the most challenging activities in Manhattan
Collecting and wearing gear sets grant powerful stat bonuses and talents
Gear sets of varying gear scores can be found for many playstyles. Find the set that best suits yours
“Tactician's Authority” – enhances electronics and support capabilities
“Striker's Battlegear” – provide bonuses for assault capabilities
“Sentry's Call” – enhances marksman capabilities
“Path of the Nomad” – provides bonuses for lone wanderers
Trading

Items dropped by enemies can be shared with other players
Trade items by dropping them as loot from your inventory, so players in your group can pick them up
You can only share items for during the first 2 hours after you have acquired them
Items can only be shared with players who are currently in your group and who were also in your group when the item was originally dropped
Assignments

Assignments are automatically obtained when you log in and can be tracked from the map via the menu called “Mission Overview”
Assignments are available for a limited time (24h for Daily Assignments and 7 days for Weekly Assignments), after which, they will be replaced by different assignments
Assignments come in different categories:
Combat
Dark Zone
Crafting
Most assignments can be completed while playing alone but some will require enlisting other agent’s assistance to complete
Dark Zone Supply Drops

Dark Zone Supply Drops are a global event where the Strategic Homeland Defense agency airdrops multiple supply caches to assist Division agents
Supply drops will occur multiple times over the course the day
The supply drops will contain non-contaminated gear of all types that will be ready to use without the need for extraction
These supply drops will be heavily sought after by other agents and enemy factions that roam the Dark Zone, so be ready for resistance
Gear Score

Every non-vanity gear piece that can be found when your agent is level 30 has a Gear Score value. The higher an item’s Gear Score, the stronger the item
The overall Gear Score of your agent can be seen in your main menu next to your player level. Gear Score indicates the advancement of an agent
Other agents’ Gear Scores are displayed next to their health bars
Improving your gear and increasing your overall Gear Score will grant your agent access to the most dangerous high-end challenges
Group Spectator Camera

The Group Spectator Cam lets players spectate members of their group while waiting to be revived or the entire group to be down
Players can use RB/LB, R1/L1 or Q/E keys to switch between group members
New High-End Named Weapons

Added new High-End named weapons:
Warlord: Assault Rifle
Valkyria: Submachine gun
(Historian: Marksman Rifle) Please note that while the Historian will be implemented in the game with this update, it will not be acquirable in-game until update 1.2

Back to top!

GAME CHANGES

Gameplay

Turret skill can no longer suppress enemy NPCs, as this allowed named NPCs to be defeated too easily
Recalibrating High-End items will now cost normal Credits instead of Phoenix Credits
Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 named enemies:
Level 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
Level 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
Level 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
Dark Zone

The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits
Ranks requirements for Superior and High-End quality items at the Dark Zone Vendors have been adjusted:
Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50
Added a new Dark Zone bracket for characters with Gear Score 160+
Crafting

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints
User Interface

Added gamepad deadzone calibration in settings menu (all platforms)

Back to top!

BUG FIXES

Fixed a bug that could prevent characters from accessing the game if they had too many items in their inventory
Fixed a bug where sometimes the weapon talents would not activate if the player has the exact stat requirements
Fixed a bug where players could exit the Dark Zone on East 43rd street
Reloading stripper clips is now correctly interrupted by firing the weapon (marksman rifles and shotguns)
Fixed an issue where buying a weapon with a pre-attached scope using the buy and equip feature sometimes caused the scope to un-equip
Fixed an exploit where players could shoot through corners of covers
Fixed a number of locations where NPCs could shoot through walls
Fixed an exploit where players could ignore the fire rate of certain weapons
Fixed some locations where players would get stuck in Queen Tunnel Camp mission
Fixed various prop collisions so that players no longer become stuck
Fixed a bug where the final cut scenes would unlock before the final missions were completed
Fixed a bug where the Water Supply side mission would not activate
Fixed an issue where the Morphine Supply side mission sometimes would not complete
Players no longer receive too much XP for completing the Morphine Supply side mission
The buff from Smart Cover no longer stacks if multiple teammates are using it on the same piece of cover
Fixed some bugs where deployable skills would not activate under certain circumstances
Fixed a bug where voice chat volume indicators would overlap in the group UI frame
Fixed a bug where receiving a group invite via Matchmaking would sometimes not show up on the screen
Fixed a bug where the dead teammate icon would turn into a blue dot instead of a red cross if the players were too far away from each other
Fixed an issue where a player would be unable to inspect the appearance of his/her character while changing outfits
Fixed some UI elements for mission overview frame and adjusted some of the misaligned icons
Corrected the colors for the appearance items in the Mission rewards list
NPC’s will no longer ignore the player while they are attempting to interact with props (arming/disarming bombs)
Fixed a bug where a NPC would sometimes not leave its spawn area during the Morphine Supply side mission
Fixed a bug where NPC’s would sometimes not respawn at one of the landmarks in the Dark Zone
Several clipping issues have been fixed with various appearance items
Some tooltips have been updated with more clear information
And many more
PC specific

Added new resolution scaling and lighting options
Added support for reporting players on PC. Players can now type in chat /report
Improvements to resolution detection and switching between display modes
Fixed some issues with camera movement while using Tobii Eye Tracker
Fixed screen look for minimap when using Tobii Eye Tracker
Fixed several issues with Logitech peripherals
Fixed several graphic issues due to dual monitor display
Fixed an issue where players could move UI elements out of the visible screen area

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Smart cover to no longer stack. Noooooo.

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
  • Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
  • Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

spyder_ur

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2

Haha damn people are not going to be happy at all about those crafting mat conversion changes.

Oh I know it's not a perfect solution and a player can always equip enough gear to only have a gear score of 159 if they want to wreck new players but at least something is better than nothing.

For sure, it is a good start that they at least acknowledge it. Once gear score is live and they can start to see how indicative it is of a player's powers, they could tier it again. I think DZ needs to remain a risky place, for everyone. Right now all the risk is weighted against the lower players and non existent for the higher end players. If I am DZ rank 24 and I kill a DZ rank 50 person, I should get a shit ton of XP and they should get a shit ton deducted. It is hard to describe it as "going rogue" when it is now the most effective way to level up.

Xion_Stellar

Crafting

A fuck me...will make sure to convert as much as possible before patch

spyder_ur

Patch makes it sound like you can see other players Gear Score in the Dark Zone. It seems like that would totally change things - part of what I like is sizing up guys and not knowing how we compare or would fare in a duel.

Damn - recalibrating HE gear with regular credits instead of PC? That's pretty huge - seems like PC aren't going to be as important or rare moving forward. Wow and even the DZ06 vendor just takes DZ credits?

I'm rich, bitch!

Recalibrating High-End items will now cost normal Credits instead of Phoenix Credits

The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits

This is so good. Oh yes.

Paertan

Ah shit crafting becoming more expensive. Didn't see that coming. I don't see several exploits mentioned. Inifinte health regen and such.

"Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints"

+

Crafting assignments will award you Division Tech.

Oh, I missed the second one. Thanks.

This is so good. Oh yes.

Yeah that is really good.

Also interesting that they're lowering the DZ rank requirement for the high end stuff.

Tawpgun

Just had an idea for a high level dz activity. They should extend the dz out a tiny bit, maybe an area that's half a normal segment.

In this area is an encounter with lvl 32 (or higher) elite LMB enemies, with multiple named bosses.

Beating this encounter will give yellow drops... That you have to extract. It refreshes longer than every hour. Maybe every 2. No checkpoints, no safehouses. I want something incursion hard in the DZ with the added danger of other players.

cakely

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

Well, thank God they reduced the amount of available crafting materials. That was definitely my number one problem with The Division: it was far too easy to craft useful gear and it was hurting my enjoyment of the game.

spyder_ur

Um what exactly does this mean? I don't follow. What costs 8 to craft? Or is it cumulative i.e. 3 Fabric, 2 electronics, 2 DivTech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom