• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thank god the red pandas a re dead now it got replaced by Bambi.
No point in spending PC right now at least, just need to get to DZ 50.

You've made a mistake thinking they aren't just hibernating.

giphy.gif

EL CUCO

So should I craft my green and blue division tech into weapon parts and other materials as it doesn't appear they will allow us to craft HE division tech?

No point in keeping blue and green division tech? Any change this changes in future?
Just keep them until you have a specific H.E. material you need them to convert into. That's what it's good for.

I dont think we'll be able to convert into Gold Dtech.

The biggest issue is that they went ahead and bumped the DZ limit required up by 40 and haven't added any content to help make the awful grind any better. Will supply drop success net DZ XP? Will the assignments weekly and daily give a decent amount of DZ XP to help with the grind?

Hopefully the answer to both is yes, otherwise this is going to be more of the awful DZ grind.

They've bumped it by 40, but added pit stops along the way. With how plentiful PC seems like it's going to be, and with DT only being required for the new top tier, it's possible that the incremental points will have small bumps worth it.

As for the DZ grind, they only time I ever felt it was during the 48 -> 50 haul. But that one was on me. I went full Veruca Salt: "Don't care how, I want it noooooooooow."

I like soloing and small grouping the DZ. It's not so much a grind as it's been riding for the ride. Now that I've hit the destination, I still haven't gone full min/max. I like my item level 30 stuff. It's been tinkered into a (not particularly inventive) build that I want.

Dammit I want that green. Good thing todays daily is the tunnel.

I believe Lincoln gives you the Teal skin. I forget where I got the Electric Green, if that's the one you're referencing. Warrengate, maybe.

I'm sitting on 3 teals and like 9 pinks. Solid colors > the rest.

Tecnniqe

Banned
New info sounds good.

I'm assuming for DZ post-patch, you could always join a friend that is in a lower level DZ bracket and just wreck shit in there.

Or have an alt that is DZ level 15, go into the DZ, invite high level friends, leave and join back on them with your main character.
You can't join down a bracket, they get pulled up to yours.

Sorry, I haven't been following the farming strategies in this game too closely duei to being a silly casual but... let me get this straight.... once a named boss outside the DZ is killed, they are gone forever and you can no longer farm them for their unique weapons? And the reason they did this is because people were farming them over and over again for said weapons?

HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER PLAYED A FUCKING RPG BEFORE?

I can't think of a loot game where I DIDN'T do that. Hell, I can't even remember how long I farmed bosses in Borderlands 2 before I had every damn legendary item in the game. And to do that, you killed the bosses over and over and over again.

If the problem was pheonix credits, just don't have them drop after the first kill. But the items... fuck.

I'll probably never ever ever see a Caduceus now. Sucks to realize this stuff so late.

Granadier

This issue was with the boss positioning and the way they were handled. Bulletking took ~20 seconds to kill each time, so it was far outperforming any other farming method. Similar to the Loot Cave issue with Destiny.

I'm all for farming bosses. It's still possible in The Division. But farming them 180 times an hour is a tad excessive.

---

dp, damnit. post more you other people! :p

theWB27

there are probably similar stats for destiny tbh--a lot of people don't reach max level in popular games

Allot of people don't complete campaigns in popular games.

I honestly don't know how you keep people who don't want to finish your game around. I definitely don't know how you cater to them and not the people who stick around for the long haul.

fr0st

Banned
Sorry, I haven't been following the farming strategies in this game too closely duei to being a silly casual but... let me get this straight.... once a named boss outside the DZ is killed, they are gone forever and you can no longer farm them for their unique weapons? And the reason they did this is because people were farming them over and over again for said weapons?

HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER PLAYED A FUCKING RPG BEFORE?

I can't think of a loot game where I DIDN'T do that. Hell, I can't even remember how long I farmed bosses in Borderlands 2 before I had every damn legendary item in the game. And to do that, you killed the bosses over and over and over again.

If the problem was pheonix credits, just don't have them drop after the first kill. But the items... fuck.

I'll probably never ever ever see a Caduceus now. Sucks to realize this stuff so late.
Lol just remember they nerfed PC drops after one week but didnt lower the cost for blueprints or recalibrations.

Allot of people don't complete campaigns in popular games.

I honestly don't know how you keep people who don't want to finish your game around. I definitely don't know how you cater to them and not the people who stick around for the long haul.

I would be dissapointed as a developer knowing how few people actually stick around to play the game versus the dedication of small group.

I'm all for farming bosses. It's still possible in The Division. But farming them 180 times an hour is a tad excessive.

How is it still possible in The Division?

I must have killed bullet king randomly during my normal playthrough because every time I go to the location he's supposed to be, he's not there.

Granadier

I must have killed bullet king randomly during my normal playthrough because every time I go to the location he's supposed to be, he's not there.

I meant farming bosses. Not world bosses like before, but running missions on hard/challenging just to take out bosses is still possible. General Assembly especially since there are three of them.
DZ bosses are also very easy to farm.

They patched him out. He'll only appear once now, and once you kill him, he's gone forever.

Kickz

Whelp, DZ isn't doing as much for me as the missions did.. Even the matchmaking doesn't seem to work as well as in the missions.

Whenever I want to play in DZ I get paired up with randoms just traversing and the outside map and doing random encounters/missions.. Also is it me or not many people use headsets on PC and just use text chat.

Tosyn_88

Does anyone know where to get the high end M1A because for the life of me cannot seem to find it. Played lots of challenge mood and all but all I mostly get is purple gear, meh I dunno if I'm doing something wrong.

Granadier

Does anyone know where to get the high end M1A because for the life of me cannot seem to find it. Played lots of challenge mood and all but all I mostly get is purple gear, meh I dunno if I'm doing something wrong.

Random. Hornet, the boss for Russian Consulate CM, drops more M1A's than normal. Your best chance is probably with him.

Some nice changes in the patch notes, some I am a little more skeptical of. Kind of disappointed to see them doubling down on crafting as the prime end game. I don't like material farming, it isn't fun. I prefer to just play any end game content and get lucky with drops (that are in a horrible state right now) That is the thrill of loot games for me. Once you hit lvl 30, any level 30 mob should have a chance of dropping ilvl 30 HE gear. Any level 31-32 mob should be able to drop ilvl31 HE gear. Bosses should just have a higher chance of dropping it and targeted loot pools where certain weapons or gear have a higher chance to drop, or even unique named weapons tied to bosses is interesting. Farming for mats and PCs to buy blueprints and then click X a bunch of times in hopes of a decent roll is not fun. Crafting your mats should be the last resort for not being able to getting any decent drops for a few play sessions. I am really confused by the end game and loot system right now. They seem to be combining all the wrong elements from other loot games and none of them are harmonizing right now. The have the quantity stat rolls like D3 or borderlands but the Destiny quality style loot drip feed of loot.

New blue prints is not exciting. A global buff of like %250 scavenging would be exciting. Those orange beams of light should be the most exciting thing, right now they are a beacon of disappointment. I am fine with RNG being RNG, but right now it is drop rate that is my main beef with the game.

DZ Level 90?

Just thinking of the amount of pure grind that will require is making me queasy.

You could stick to the Incursions and the other PvE gear set pieces. There are supposed to be 3 of them. (Guessing DPS, tank and skill.)

The DZ90 stuff seems to be in place for the people who like the DZ. I'm inclined to believe that's where we'll find the PvP set that they've mentioned.

As for leveling, killing others is the way to go. Rogue hunting is great fun when solo because it makes me feel like Walker, Texas Ranger. I have to pick my battles, though. I don't want to end up as someone's bambi gif...

Also, let me use this as a shout out to anyone on PS4 that likes to DZ: add me, The_Letdown. I prefer small groups, trios are cool... duos especially cool, but I'm also down for a roving gang.

I'm sorry, but if only 37% made it to 30 it seems like people didn't like the game and making it easier isn't what's going to bring them back

Having 37% of people get to (essentially) the end of a game is a really high percentage, relative to other games. I'm always surprised when more than 25% of people make it HALFWAY through a game. Not sure it's fair to say they didn't like the game. Some people don't expect a $60 game to last them until the end of time.

Having 37% of people get to (essentially) the end of a game is a really high percentage, relative to other games. I'm always surprised when more than 25% of people make it HALFWAY through a game. Not sure it's fair to say they didn't like the game. Some people don't expect a $60 game to last them until the end of time.

That's 37% who reached Level 30, which is farrrrr from being in the endgame.

If the dog is being hostile, they get put down. If they are doing their own thing, they get to live. They should let us skin them for appearance item crafting. Collect dog pelts and rat ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom