• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thank God they reduced the amount of available crafting materials. That was definitely my number one problem with The Division: it was far too easy to craft useful gear and it was hurting my enjoyment of the game.
It's a good thing. It increases the need for players to extract more things from the dz, which will shift the strategy of people just going rogue and leaving items behind. Puts a stronger emphasis on getting things out.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Fuck the increased crafting costs. It's like we are all being punished because of the no lifers.

This is ridiculous.

Better clutch your contaminated bag tighter. Rogues coming from dem crafting mats. ;)

theWB27

AV1HgC3.jpg

My build. Pretty happy with the npcs dropping phoenix credits now.

Your health is good. But I'd try to get that dps up to 80-90 and play with understanding people. What system are you on?

PS4

The general census seems to be that if you have a full set of purples you can start doing Challenge Mode.

Just stay away from Challenge Mode in the Warren Power Station Mission because that one has an actual DPS checked since near the end of the mission you got 9 minutes to clear 5 waves of enemies which alot of players have a hard time clearing and that's assuming the group got past the shotgunner massacre at the start of the missions near the gates.

I have all purple gear but only one piece with multi-stat increases. Been grinding police Academy but had no luck on decent gloves.

You should be ok with that health but the others need upping since enemies will feel like brick walls.
I guess mods and better armor piece stats are the best way to achieve this?

Thanks for the replies :)

cakely

It's a good thing. It increases the need for players to extract more things from the dz, which will shift the strategy of people just going rogue and leaving items behind. Puts a stronger emphasis on getting things out.

No, it's shit.

Problem:There's too much grinding in The Division. Solution: Increase the amount of grinding.

Literally no one asked for this.

The Goat

Think I've finally hit the wall with the game. DZ rank 33. Not compelled to keep going. Loved the game to this point, but I need a break until the Incursion drops. Think I'll finish up some other games in the meantime.

Defuser

Why do they see the need to increase crafting materials? Is it in response to people farming bullet king,hornet and hutch? I'm already paranoid about my tool materials being low.

zarnold56

These crafting changes are sapping my joy in playing this game. Not once have I felt I had too many mats. The amount of crafts it takes to get good rolls ensures that on gear. If they make this change, they need to make the crafting not so much RNG based.

spyder_ur

It's kind of laughable that they increase the mats needed for crafting and yet nothing about a faster way to actually convert the materials.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yes. It's my favorite AR in the game, personally. Can't wait to infinitely reroll once it doesn't require DivTech.

Ok cool. My friend made once last night and said he prefers it over the AK-74 that he'd been using for weeks.

I've crafted one and it has Brutal, Swift and Balanced. I think this could be quite good.

Welp, time to go convert all that excess crafting material before those absurd changes hit.

Also while they're fixing things, maybe they can fix the Skillz achievement that has been glitched for a lot of people including myself since launch.

Tawpgun

On one hand I like the idea of crafting becoming less a part of the game

On the other, I hope the dz supply drops and drop chances at the highest bracket give useful gear. At that point you're min/maxing yellows.

deadduck

Ok cool. My friend made once last night and said he prefers it over the AK-74 that he'd been using for weeks.

I've crafted one and it has Brutal, Swift and Balanced. I think this could be quite good.

I use it as backup secondary, for when the sniper won't do. Get a ROF mag on it and it tears. Needs stability mods.

Thing I am most excited about are the DZ supply drops. Hopefully the loot is worth it. I will happily go rogue. My loot. Mine.

Agreed but the patch notes say it happens a couple times a day, not hourly like they said before.

I hope it's not like 3 times a day or something dumb. Maybe just the wording in the patch notes.

So more easily accessible blue prints, less PC emphasis, and crafting made more difficult.

Win some and lose some. Glad I got a mat stash from bullet king...

MikeyMike

Smart cover to no longer stack. Noooooo.

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
  • Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
  • Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

Lol... shitty decision to make the grind even longer.

If material conversion is more expensive, then the shitty conversion interface is automatically fixed since we'll be using it less! Genius!
/s

oakenhild

It's best to avoid killing any named Yellow NPC because at Lv.30 they may drop a HE drop and some Phoenix Credits.Because of this reason it's also best to avoid doing Bounty Side Quests until Lv.30 because you're always after a named enemy there.

Wish I knew this before I hit level 29...I've cleared out all quests in all zones but the last two. I assumed the named enemies would respawn at level 30. Welp...

Xbudz

As others have mentioned, I'm not digging the changes to material conversions.
They risk pushing me away with decisions like that.

Deku Tree

Horrible nerfs in those patch notes. Gear resets with each game world update so far. Severe crafting nerfs. No word on any increase in drop rates. Looks like the "incursion" is a one room Horde mode.

No word on the crafting requirements for ilvl 32 BP's... but the patch notes clearly pointed out only the crafting requirements for ilvl 31 HE BPs so ilvl 32 could have worse requirements.

tumblr_mhlncb8lrr1qen6qlo1_400.gif

April 12 is a good time to start DkS3.

Combining the new material rules with the fact that you actually need regular credits for stuff now is doubly bad. I currently deconstruct everything but if you need credits, you have to sell junk you pick up. Makes it that much more difficult to amass materials.

Tawpgun

The worrying thing is no word on increased drop rates. They SHOULD be steering away from crafting for end game, but they need to up drop rates in response.

Iceman829

Yep. Makes it go quite quickly. Though a batch craft would still be nice.

Don't worry I heard after the 1.1 it will go twice as fast :p

Good thing I stock up on all those whoppers when people thought I was crazy trying to get a Cadeceus. FYI it wasn't for that BS gun it was for the materials. 200+ gold mats all types except DT. If I learned anything from Destiny, get while the getting is good.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fucking hate people who put the shields in doorways on challenge mode. It always allows the mobs to push us.

TsuWave

so this week is basically just farming for materials and phoenix credits right? cause there's no point crafting anything when level 32 blueprints will be a go from next update (for people who are close to rank 75)

Is that High-End tactical ACR any good?

Yup first thing I did was buy all the high-end mods for armour. Once I got them on my superior gear my stats went up quite alot.
Good to know. Been debating what to spend my PC on. I have a couple of purple guns I really like (Aug and M1A) so would rather dedicate my limited game time to pushing what I have to the max and let RNG guide the next stage of my build.

Especially with economy nerfs happening. Extensive crafting is not going to an option for me. I'm just a casual :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom