• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo guys how is the cassidy shotgun? I was thinking about using that paired with the talent where you have a 50% to not lose a bullet on headshots. But is it worth spending 500k on it?

ChrisW

I hate all these changes! Makes me unsure what to do with my character, do I buy the mask I want now with PC or do I wait and farm my PC or do I farm mats or shall I craft stuff now.

Thankful that the mp5 can now be bought at level 25 instead of 50

The1Ski

PREVIOUSLY: 1 HE item = 8 HE mats = 40 Blue mats = 200 Green Mats
NOW: 1 HE item = 10 HE mats = 150 Blue mats = 1500 Green mats.

*Slow clap*

Damnit I just don't have time for that!

My 1-month old doesn't care about the fate of New York!

But seriously...

latest

theWB27

Nothing is irrelevant. All the gear you worked towards and crafted as you reached 50 will help you survive and complete the incursion. It will also help you should you decide to continue playing in the DZ where you will be leveling up killing mobs and other players. When you reach 75 you will have access to new loot to upgrade your character. Again at 90 new loot to upgrade or unlock.

If you don't want any of the new loot then continue playing the game as is. Nothing is forced on anyone, they are only adding in additional items for players that are playing the game and they will unlock over the course of normal play.

I really don't see how lemur keeps trying to separate gear and progression. They're one in the same.

If people got the same gear at 99 that they did at 30 then there wouldn't be a complaint.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Bungie school of making changes: "What can we do to make this more of a grind and less fun?"

I tried to tell you guys earlier how incompetent this developer is. The question is will they revert the changes before all the player base is gone or not. With a .05 percent chance to get anything good the crafting changes are just a slap in the face. It is like they are trying to get everyone to quit so they can pocket the season pass money with out making any of the expansions. Good job massive you are with in an inch of topping the Vanilla D3 team as the most incompetent in ARPG history.

fr0st

Banned
Yo guys how is the cassidy shotgun? I was thinking about using that paired with the talent where you have a 50% to not lose a bullet on headshots. But is it worth spending 500k on it?
Dunno about the shotgun but that talents is kinda broken with shotguns. Since it counts the pellets that hit the head and if you get all 8? Pellets to hit the head you have a ridiculously high chance of getting the bullet back. There is <1% chance of you not getting the bullet. The problems is now you're using a shotgun where's an smg can do better at anything that the shotgun has to offer.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How'd you get it ve3tro?

Dropped in Lexington challenge. The team I was with were terrible and I was gonna quit but glad I didn't lol. I fucking legged it when I saw the drop, didn't care who was shooting at me.

Gonna craft one of these. Been on an AR kick to break the monotony of SMG's.

Kinda acts like a big MP5 for me. Perfect for swapping to rather than reloading.

Had a guy trying to zip line up to escape. ..but. ...he fell.

We had a few guys drop. Someone must have tampered with the ropes.

Ban this kid

LULZ

IM COMING MFER!

giphy.gif

Let me just purchase X1 version and min/max it first

We'll be ready little bambi.

You like it more than AK? AK has stability problems I guess.

My AK was quite a beast up close but since I had the MP5 I wasn't using it too much. This seems better for stability and accuracy. The damage is lower but I was hitting way more crits with the ACR.

E92 M3

Don't worry buddy I hoarded all my materials like you taught me in Destiny

Makes me sad that hoarding is what developers want people to do, but glad you followed through. It's never let me down.

I tried to tell you guys earlier how incompetent this developer is. The question is will they revert the changes before all the player base is gone or not. With a .05 percent chance to get anything good the crafting changes are just a slap in the face. It is like they are trying to get everyone to quit so they can pocket the season pass money with out making any of the expansions. Good job massive you are with in an inch of topping the Vanilla D3 team as the most incompetent in ARPG history.

I think they are just being clueless and less malicious, but that's the optimistic side.

BondFancy

Nothing is irrelevant. All the gear you worked towards and crafted as you reached 50 will help you survive and complete the incursion. It will also help you should you decide to continue playing in the DZ where you will be leveling up killing mobs and other players. When you reach 75 you will have access to new loot to upgrade your character. Again at 90 new loot to upgrade or unlock.

If you don't want any of the new loot then continue playing the game as is. Nothing is forced on anyone, they are only adding in additional items for players that are playing the game and they will unlock over the course of normal play.

Where in the patch notes did it reference new DZ level gear? (i.e. DZ Rank 75 and DZ Rank 90 tiers)

hooooooly shit dude. lot going on here. wow.

theWB27

Holy hyperbole batman

EL CUCO

god damn the pitchforks are real today.
It's pretty wild. Lol

The patch notes are great up until the crafting conversion nerf. I'm going to reserve judgment until I can know for sure that they didn't up the material drop rates with assignments or elsewhere, tho.

Until then *shines pitchfork*

It's pretty wild. Lol

The patch notes are great up until the crafting conversion nerf. I'm going to reserve judgment until I can know for sure that they didn't up the material drop rates with assignments or elsewhere, tho.

Until then *shines pitchfork*

Who knows, maybe the daily assignments will rain mats for us.

The mats change is one thing, but if we start getting a decent amount of yellow Division tech from dailies then I wont be upset.

What am I even reading good grief

It is like they are trying to get everyone to quit so they can pocket the season pass money with out making any of the expansions.

Seriously. What even.

Who knows, maybe the daily assignments will rain mats for us.

The mats change is one thing, but if we start getting a decent amount of yellow Division tech from dailies then I wont be upset.

I really hope this is the reason why the crafting materials changes were made. They just noticed that the assignments and higher rates were giving a ridiculous amount so they had to bottleneck it in some way and upping the number needed for crafting was an easy way to do it.

If not, this slog fest is going to get even worse.

Get your hip waders! We might be waist high in bullshit in a week :p

RdN

Wow, the crafting changes is such bullshit.

Completely stupid and not player friendly move... Something taken straight out of the Bungie playbook.

Deku Tree

#2 Hot Post on the Division subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dh9ay/so_new_crafting_in_11_im_out/

Massive be shitting themselves

Already up voted that.

1) the change by itself is horrible.
2) if there is a corresponding change in the game "economy" that makes this change much less horrible than it sounds, then Massive should have put that in the patch notes too or they should have waited to post the patch notes until the patch hit and until they could reveal to us the rest of the changes.

Iceman829

Where in the patch notes did it reference new DZ level gear? (i.e. DZ Rank 75 and DZ Rank 90 tiers)

Blueprints
New Level 31 / 32 Blueprints

Crafting
Older Blueprints will not require Division Tech anymore
The New ones will need Division Tech

Dark Zone changes
Items can be bought with these Dark Zone Ranks (15 / 25 / 40 / 75 / 90) more granular DZ Ranks
New Dark Zone Brackets (below 160 / above 160)
160 = Full high end 31

Since everyone else loves to speculate, I did my best as well. Currently you can buy blueprints from either the BoO or DZ vendor. New blueprints and new DZ ranks. You would think new items would be sold at the DZ vendor no? Or do you expect all new blueprints to be sold in the BoO?

What asshole at Massive hired the former Destiny employee? *new hire sits down at first meeting at Massive* "Hey guys... I've got two words for you....'weapon parts'" *pulls down shades*

Already up voted that.

2) if there is a corresponding change in the game "economy" that makes this change much less horrible than it sounds, then Massive should have put that in the patch notes too or they should have waited to post the patch notes until the patch hit and until they could reveal to us the rest of the changes.

Yeah, we are all hoping other changes they made will make this massive crafting nerf easier to swallow.

I already felt the crafting was really poorly done in this game, this doesn't help.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Come to think of it, NYPD is very much like rank 99 DZ players, gank squad IRL
kill everyone and loot them with no penalty

BondFancy

Blueprints
New Level 31 / 32 Blueprints

Crafting
Older Blueprints will not require Division Tech anymore
The New ones will need Division Tech

Dark Zone changes
Items can be bought with these Dark Zone Ranks (15 / 25 / 40 / 75 / 90) more granular DZ Ranks
New Dark Zone Brackets (below 160 / above 160)
160 = Full high end 31

Since everyone else loves to speculate, I did my best as well. Currently you can buy blueprints from either the BoO or DZ vendor. New blueprints and new DZ ranks. You would think new items would be sold at the DZ vendor no? Or do you expect all new blueprints to be sold in the BoO?
Thanks! Didn't catch that!

Hahahahaha they removed that crafting post I just put up from reddit, along with others that have gone up. They are literally shooting up the Hot chart in 1 hour or less.

I wouldn't be surprised if Massive was in bed with the mods there from how I've seen that place run.

cakely

Already up voted that.

Yep. I'm really hoping there's some obvious reason that isn't visible through the patch why we'd need to craft less items.

I don't really want to say that "my pitchfork is out" but at first glance this seems like a terrible change with no real benefit.

Crafting change makes 0 sense. Making it more grindy is so lame.

I do love the credits use changes for buying in dz and rerolling. 5 steps forward and 4-6 steps back depending on if we can get mats from stuff like assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom