• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakenhild

Can you currently inspect other players gear?

Sort of feel like putting the gear score of other players on the UI is going to make for annoying matchmaking for people gearing up. "Boot him, his gear score is too low." Welcome to the World of Warcr..I mean The Division.

Being totally under-geared is definitely bad. But players always take things to the extreme, and will want max gear players only, if possible.

That crafting changes are God awful. No mention of any of the concerns or suggestions from the community.

Destiny 2.0. Thats the route this game is taking.

Tawpgun

The worst part is that 80% of the HE drops you get are garbage as well.
But with increased drop rates that's fine.

It shouldn't be easy to get the top tier set. It's not even been a month yet.

You go into challenge modes and incursions for top tier gear. Hoping for that perfect roll. Recalibrate if needed.

Same with the dz

Tawpgun

He doesn't hesitate at all.
Wes, lets corner this dude when he comes down the stairs it will be funny.

Wes, that guy we killed 5 times to get manhunt, he's running away let's follow him and mess with him

Wes just guns people down on site. No time for theatrics.

But with increased drop rates that's fine.

It shouldn't be easy to get the top tier set. It's not even been a month yet.

You go into challenge modes and incursions for top tier gear. Hoping for that perfect roll. Recalibrate if needed.

Same with the dz

Increased drop rates is a players dream. Massive has said nothing about it.

What Deku said, there are no HE drop increased planned for this patch, that was last patch and it was marginal at best for Named DZ enemies and DZ Key chests only.

One thing that Massive has been sorely avoiding is any sort of balancing for weapons and weapon classes.

SMGs need a nerf, shotguns need a buff, ARs need a buff, etc. etc.

Iceman829

Isn't it going to be easier to get the current good gear though? Didn't they change the ranks needed, and increase PXC drop rates?

People are mad they are adding additional gear for DZ 75 and 90. They are mainly angry about it because other players have played more and will unlock said gear and weapons before they can. Everyone wants full gear sets day 1 so they can be mad there isn't anything else to do

Those daily and weekly assignments better rain materials. That is the only possible way this crafting and deconstructing nerf doesn't shit all over everything. I would be fine with making crafting more rare if they upped the drop rates to make normal gameplay more rewarding.

People are mad they are adding additional gear for DZ 75 and 90. They are mainly angry about it because other players have played more and will unlock said gear and weapons before they can. Everyone wants full gear sets day 1 so they can be mad there isn't anything else to do

Can you drop the incessant belief everyone is mad because of that?

People are upset about crafting changes and the fact that most people that play the game like a normal person reached Rank 50 over the past week and that has become irrelevant.

The turn over is too fast and it gives people very little time to appreciate what they grinded for. Without a positive reinforcement cycle people will leave. So I am mad because Massive is making changes that will continue to shrink the playerbase. No new or continuous players is not good for anyone.

He doesn't hesitate at all.

Wes, lets corner this dude when he comes down the stairs it will be funny.

Wes, that guy we killed 5 times to get manhunt, he's running away let's follow him and mess with him

Wes just guns people down on site. No time for theatrics.

When you zone into the DZ and hear the theme for jaws, just turn around and exit before it's too late.

My Aug and my m44 are hungry. They must be fed.

Wish I knew this before I hit level 29...I've cleared out all quests in all zones but the last two. I assumed the named enemies would respawn at level 30. Welp...
Damn it, I've been clearing side missions, clashes and main missions in each section then moving to the next one like you as thought the big named bosses didnt appear till you were level 30 (comments on bk farming said you had to be level 30 before he'd appear, so assumed its the same for all of them).

deoee

Overall really nice changes except the crafting ones.
I can understand the increase of green/blue --> gold but decreasing the deconstruction loot is a bit too much IMO.

Couleurs

The crafting double nerf is great news; I was previously trying to figure out how I would find time for the Division AND Dark Souls 3, but now I won't have to worry about that anymore.

Hopefully by the time I finish DS3, player outrage will get the changes reverted.

deoee

I bet they increased the conversion cost because they can't implement a "craft all" button. This way it won't take as much time as currently to convert.

Macrotus

The worrying thing is no word on increased drop rates. They SHOULD be steering away from crafting for end game, but they need to up drop rates in response.

Definitely agree.

I understand the reason why they increased the crafting materials we need,
since you could get majority of the BiS gear by just crafting.
And the game has become a crafting game, rather than a looter game.

But they seriously need to do something about the drop rates though.

I mean, I do notice the increase in HEs drop after they buffed it,
buy I've dismantled majority of them, except the hand gun I'm using right now.

So they either need to buff the drop rates of HEs or maybe they could make it harder for you to get good rolls by crafting, but give a much higher chance for drops from enemies to give you very good rolls.

(e.g. a crafted Vector might not get decent rolls even after crafting 100 of them, but a Vector from an enemy will highly likely have brutal and deadly on it.)

Iceman829

Can you drop the incessant belief everyone is mad because of that?

People are upset about crafting changes and the fact that most people that play the game like a normal person reached Rank 50 over the past week and that has become irrelevant.

The turn over is too fast and it gives people very little time to appreciate what they grinded for. Without a positive reinforcement cycle people will leave. So I am mad because Massive is making changes that will continue to shrink the playerbase. No new or continuous players is not good for anyone.

Nothing is irrelevant. All the gear you worked towards and crafted as you reached 50 will help you survive and complete the incursion. It will also help you should you decide to continue playing in the DZ where you will be leveling up killing mobs and other players. When you reach 75 you will have access to new loot to upgrade your character. Again at 90 new loot to upgrade or unlock.

If you don't want any of the new loot then continue playing the game as is. Nothing is forced on anyone, they are only adding in additional items for players that are playing the game and they will unlock over the course of normal play.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh my god what a gun. Wasn't expecting that to drop.

Balanced, Brutal and Deadly. First Wave M1A.

IM COMING MFER!

giphy.gif

Let me just purchase X1 version and min/max it first

fr0st

Banned
So what's the best place to farm mats? I wanna do challenge missions since it gives PC but it might take long for mats since it takes longer to do. Is it general assembly on hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom