• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
OYhyisp.gif

wow. savage.

*golf clap*

wait the raid is balanced for four players?

what a damn let down--thought we'd get epic 6-8 player shit

so basically just a more difficult challenge mode :/

RdN

wait the raid is balanced for four players?

what a damn let down--thought we'd get epic 6-8 player shit

so basically just a more difficult challenge mode :/

Yeah, I was disappointed to hear that Incursions didn't expand on group size, specially after playing with more people with the "bug" was such a blast.

Mossybrew

I finally just hit DZ rank 30 last night and man I dunno about grinding further. DZ has just been boring busywork so far. But if I don't then I'm clearly never getting high end blueprints? Meh.

So they didn't fix the mobile cover glitching?

I hope they don't for a while, I like the police academy farm. You matchmake and get 2-3 other people doing it. It's low key time and effort.

Probably not that efficient but enough for me.

I finally just hit DZ rank 30 last night and man I dunno about grinding further. DZ has just been boring busywork so far. But if I don't then I'm clearly never getting high end blueprints? Meh.

Aside from the craftin mats nerf, lots of changes (for the better) coming in 1.1 regarding this. Lower DZ reqs for high end blueprints, thank god.

k1t4j

I just noticed that steady hands + one is none + m1a (balanced & brutal) gives me almost double the clip size with how easy it is to hit headshots.

40 bullets m1a? yes, please.

Just need to remember to back out of cover and back in to keep the steady hands bonus going on.

Ghizz

I started playing way later than y'all. I'm level 15 and I read somewhere that I should stop at 19 to explore the Dark Zone? Is that recommended or should i just burst to 30 so I can play with everyone else?

Wolfe

Imagine this situation for a tick:

Player puts on police/paramedic backpack.
Player goes out and shoots some baddies, gets hit.
Player is a bk, so they've depleted 95% of their ammo and used 6 med kits.
Player decides to switch to their HE backpack that has neither bonus.
???

Do you remove 2 medkits from the players inventory and cause an underflow?
Do you remove 75% of their ammo and cause an underflow?

No offense but you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

For example, why would it remove 2 medkits when player already has below 5? Should simply swap to the 5 max limit and if they're over that limit then it would be reduced to the current max.

As for ammo? Yeah if you have 1000 rounds then swap to a piece of gear that doesn't give an ammo bonus then yes your total ammo count should drop down to the correct amount.

There is no reason you should be receiving bonuses for gear that you are not currently wearing.

IMO this feels like a very bizarre argument to even have to make.

HMD

I started playing way later than y'all. I'm level 15 and I read somewhere that I should stop at 19 to explore the Dark Zone? Is that recommended or should i just burst to 30 so I can play with everyone else?

Just take your time and have fun with friends, the endgame just isn't that great.

Bri

What you see now is what you get at 30 as well. There is no variety what so ever. It's quite amazing actually. You do the same missions over and over again. The weapons are the same, the enemies are the same. What will change is that the numbers get higher. It's cookie clicker in 3D.

So they decide to up the amount for crafting? Do they eat paint chips for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? It's bad enough with the current cumbersome way to upconvert the materials, plus the low amount drops. Especially lol at giving you 1 piece of green/blue material per hour at headquarters.

TimFL

I also don't like the PHC to credits/DZ credits change. Credits are harder to obtain than PHC. Why do they devalue PHC?

Watch that repeated recalibration cost climb to 250k or even 1mil. No one is going to sell items for credits with the crafting changes.

As for the crafting changes, I don't see them pulling through with it. The whole official forum is on fire, someone has to notice and go "whoops bad idea I guess?".

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No offense but you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

For example, why would it remove 2 medkits when player already has below 5? Should simply swap to the 5 max limit and if they're over that limit then it would be reduced to the current max.

As for ammo? Yeah if you have 1000 rounds then swap to a piece of gear that doesn't give an ammo bonus then yes your total ammo count should drop down to the correct amount.

There is no reason you should be receiving bonuses for gear that you are not currently wearing.

IMO this feels like a very bizarre argument to even have to make.

Ahh, but what if the player started at 7 medkits and then used 2. They'd have 5 medkits remaining, which is the normal max, so it wouldn't deduct from their reserves. That player just got 2 medkits for "free".
The same situation would be possible with ammo.

There's no reason to change it. If players want to carry around two extra items and spend 15 more seconds at the restock, so be it. Don't like that? Get a set of bags for yourself. ;)

---

Re: patch changes
There are some fantastic changes in there, but some of them make me wonder if Sweden has something in it's water.

The only good source of credits is selling gear. Now we need credits to reroll HE's. Also we need more materials to craft. Gear is also the main so of materials.
They've effectively made it so we need to choose between rerolling gear and crafting new gear. Meanwhile supply hasn't changed (that we know of)

Supply stayed the same.
Demand quadrupled.
Problems arise.

I also don't like the PHC to credits/DZ credits change. Credits are harder to obtain than PHC.

this is simply not true. you know you get like 30k credits for doing a challenge mission, right? I have 500k credits at the moment, and about 350 PC's.... which I have been saving for over a week now...

What's with the massive crafting nerf? ;_;

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
200 green to make iLVL31 item
5 blue to make 1 HE
40 blue to make 1 iLVL 31 item
8 HE to make 1 iLVL31 item
Now its going to be:

10 green to make 1 blue - 2x more - 200% nerf
150 green to make 1 HE - 6x more - 600% nerf
1,500 green to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 7.5x more - 750% nerf
15 blue to make 1 HE - 3x more - 300% nerf
150 blue to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 3.75x more - 375% nerf
10 HE to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 25% more - 25% nerf

Ahh, but what if the player started at 7 medkits and then used 2. They'd have 5 medkits remaining, which is the normal max, so it wouldn't deduct from their reserves. That player just got 2 medkits for "free".

There's no reason to change it. If players want to carry around two extra items and spend 15 more seconds at the restock, so be it. Don't like that? Get a set of bags for yourself. ;)

Can you still redeem Agent Origins codes? I thought that was over.

Or is there some other way of getting them? The third option could be that you're just being facetious, haha.

this is simply not true. you know you get like 30k credits for doing a challenge mission, right? I have 500k credits at the moment, and about 350 PC's.... which I have been saving for over a week now...

DZ Credits, not credits credits.

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
5 blue to make 1 HE
Now its going to be:

The theory is that daily and weekly assignments make up for this change.

If its not made up for somehow, this is a really ugly misstep, to me.

Deku Tree

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
5 blue to make 1 HE
Now its going to be:

But the game designers see that the average player is hoarding over 200 HE parts so the game is too generous. /s

EL CUCO

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
5 blue to make 1 HE
Now its going to be:

Blame Ruthless.

Granadier

Can you still redeem Agent Origins codes? I thought that was over.

Or is there some other way of getting them? The third option could be that you're just being facetious, haha.

I fail to understand how this is a serious issue.
It's like the people that claim the Rehabilitated glitch makes players, "invincible".

It's just bullshit being blown out of proportion.

Also, if you paid attention to my answers I was providing real issues that would arise if that change was made. Not opinions.

Lima

Absolutely disgusting. Well this just means I will play the operation Falcon once and then continue to player other games. I'm not making the same mistake I made with Destiny and just play for the hell of it. If they don't value my time then fuck it.

So I grind General Assembly on Hard to get my first batch of HE gear/weapons. Where should my stats be (DPS & Health) to move on from Hard Mode to Challenging? I'm currently at 70k DPS and 55k Health, but only have Level 30 purple gear.

cakely

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
5 blue to make 1 HE
Now its going to be:

Don't forget that dismantling weapons and gear gives you half the mats that it previously did.

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
5 blue to make 1 HE
Now its going to be:

Wow. This is fucking bullshit.

Granadier

Crafting a single ilvl 31 HE now will require 75 purples.
9 extracts and 2 stash clears.

Let that sink in.

Wolfe

Yes that would be the benefit of equipping that backpack, getting the two extra medkits. The sacrifice would be using a gimped backpack. Not really sure what point you're trying to make with that example.

There's no reason to change it? Well there's also no reason for it to currently work as it does.

I get that you think it's cool so I'll just leave it at that since my arguments aren't having any impact on you :p

Crafting a single ilvl 31 HE now will require 75 purples.
9 extracts and 2 stash clears.

Let that sink in.

Naw, I'd rather not lol.

Granadier

Yes that would be the benefit of equipping that backpack, getting the two extra medkits. The sacrifice would be using a gimped backpack. Not really sure what point you're trying to make with that example.

There's no reason to change it? Well there's also no reason for it to currently work as it does.

I get that you think it's cool so I'll just leave it at that since my arguments aren't having any impact on you :p

Give us an example of how your implementation would work then if you are so adamant that it is a simple, necessary change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom