• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Hahahahaha they removed that crafting post I just put up from reddit, along with others that have gone up. They are literally shooting up the Hot chart in 1 hour or less.

I wouldn't be surprised if Massive was in bed with the mods there from how I've seen that place run.

Wow R/Division mods don't like valid game criticism. They need to keep it all happy and fake corporate smiley face. Eh, I'll just go somewhere else for my division info.

Yep. I'm really hoping there's some obvious reason that isn't visible through the patch why we'd need to craft less items.

I don't really want to say that "my pitchfork is out" but at first glance this seems like a terrible change with no real benefit.

Doubt it. Massive wants to make the game more grindy. People reached the end game gear too quickly for the game designers in the first iteration.

Don't feel like I'm going to want to keep grinding the same four CM missions, and a one room incursion horde mode for too much longer.

40 minutes of crafting, what am I doing with my time :/

3sXhbDm.jpg

Axial

Well, people did ask Massive to convert all their green/blue mats with just one button push... Guess they listened.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pistol is really deadly up close, took me 19 bullets to kill a well geared person.

AK is wrecking as always.

Testing few guns is quite interesting, after exploit fixing they should up the player base resist a bit.

Macrotus

Well, people did ask Massive to convert all their green/blue mats with just one button push... Guess they listened.

lol good point.

Converting 100 greens in to blues currently makes you repeat the process 20 times,
but after the update, it'll only take 10 times. Thats like twice as quicker! =P

Wolfe

No, it's using your available items to your advantage. Guess "+% ammo capacity" should take away your ammo if you unequip? Nah.
There's so many issues that could arise by doing that, and there's no reason not to allow it.

What? No I'm sorry but that's exactly what it should do. If an item gives an equip bonus, you should only get that bonus while equipping it.

I personally don't care about the crafting change but I'd be surprised if they don't roll it back. The outcry is crystal clear already and something that gets this much attention definitely will drive people away if it's not addressed.

deoee

How do Makros on a Razer Blackwidow work?

Could I write a Macro for converting mats (holding space, pause, pressing esc)?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What? No I'm sorry but that's exactly what it should do. If an item gives an equip bonus, you should only get that bonus while equipping it.

Imagine this situation for a tick:

Player puts on police/paramedic backpack.
Player goes out and shoots some baddies, gets hit.
Player is a bk, so they've depleted 95% of their ammo and used 6 med kits.
Player decides to switch to their HE backpack that has neither bonus.
???

Do you remove 2 medkits from the players inventory and cause an underflow?
Do you remove 75% of their ammo and cause an underflow?

This game is looking like it's going to be even more brutal to keep up with than Destiny Y1. Rank DZ up to 90, farm three different kinds of credits, farm 10 different kinds of mats, incursions, challenges, etc.

I honestly don't know if I can keep up. I collected stuff for 3 weeks to build a good loadout and it's going to be beyond obsolete already in a few days. Especially with a new Destiny update coming to divide time between.

bjaelke

How do Makros on a Razer Blackwidow work?

Could I write a Macro for converting mats (holding space, pause, pressing esc)?

I have it for my logitech keyboard. Should be the same for Razer. Just set it to loop until another key is pressed.

darkwing

I personally don't care about the crafting change but I'd be surprised if they don't roll it back. The outcry is crystal clear already and something that gets this much attention definitely will drive people away if it's not addressed.

yup, I can see this happening , crafting something you want is already hard, and they are making it 4x longer

RdN

Not if they are playing from Bungie's playbook with Destiny...

Neil_J_UK

Items yea, use stash.
Money no.

Items yes, money no. PCs are account wide.

Thanks. Damn, I'm only level 20 but liked the idea of pimping out a level 14 character for the DZ.

Last question - can anyone briefly explain the player level limits for the DZ? It doesn't make much sense to me. I heard on here dz1 has a maximum player level limit of 14. But on the map it says level 14-16, DZ player bracket 15-19. What does this mean?

TsuWave

woah just looked at the patch notes for crafting. those changes are terrible. i mean i like the game and all but nah, just nah

RdN

Thanks. Damn, I'm only level 20 but liked the idea of pimping out a level 14 character for the DZ.

Last question - can anyone briefly explain the player level limits for the DZ? It doesn't make much sense to me. I heard on here dz1 has a maximum player level limit of 14. But on the map it says level 14-16, DZ player bracket 15-19. What does this mean?

The higher the DZ, the higher the NPC levels will be. Not sure on your level, but for end game it is:

DZ 1&2: NPC enemies lvl 30
DZ 3&4: lvl 31
DZ 5&6: lvl 32

The bracket controls the level of other real players, so that you're not playing against someone who's much stronger/weaker than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom