• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Tonight's CM will be Lexington, correct?

Also, what exactly will require PC after the patch? Just BoO blueprints?

Looks like I've missed quite a bit in these last few days. My son was born April 1st (haha!) and has been the absolute focus of everything since then, he's a really awesome little dude :)

I probably won't be coming back to The Division (or any gaming for that matter) for a while. I've learned just how precious sleep is, and I miss it more than anything lol.

Anyways, just wanted to post a quick update. Take care DivisionGAF! I'll see ya, when I see ya!

Congrats, Noomi. Enjoy.

noomi

Looks like I've missed quite a bit in these last few days. My son was born April 1st (haha!) and has been the absolute focus of everything since then, he's a really awesome little dude :)

I probably won't be coming back to The Division (or any gaming for that matter) for a while. I've learned just how precious sleep is, and I miss it more than anything lol.

Anyways, just wanted to post a quick update. Take care DivisionGAF! I'll see ya, when I see ya!

For the new page:

So I grind General Assembly on Hard to get my first batch of HE gear/weapons. Where should my stats be (DPS & Health) to move on from Hard Mode to Challenging? I'm currently at 70k DPS and 55k Health, but only have Level 30 purple gear.

phen0m24

Best to you and your little dude, noomi!!!! :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Congratulations on becoming a father!!
Happy for you.

Noomini?

Congrats!!! A cool son is better than nerfed crafting mats!

EL CUCO

yoooo Congrats and God bless your family, Noomi! Awesome :)

WipedOut

Ridiculous. It's like they made the game more grindier because they don't have creative ideas how to make the game better.

You can blame all the people that exploited the shit out this game. I know a couple people at one point had max materials for everything. Burger King done messed it all up.

ODDI

There are people who have been locked out of the game for a month as well. Only to come back to this crafting nerf.

rip

Myself being one of them :(

And other folks on the official forums are PISSED some are even striking legal action against Ubisoft/Massive it's really tense over there. I just hope they give us some sort of compensation for all this time lost.

Maybe they forgot to add that all crafting materials will be consolidated to just green/blue/gold "crafting materials", instead of weapons, tools, etc.

I fail to understand how this is a serious issue.
It's like the people that claim the Rehabilitated glitch makes players, "invincible".

It's just bullshit being blown out of proportion.

Also, if you paid attention to my answers I was providing real issues that would arise if that change was made. Not opinions.

Whoa. I was legitimately just asking if I could redeem the Agent Origins thing since I missed it by like an hour.

I don't have an opinion on the issue since I a) don't have the stuff to do it b) have never been in a scenario where I felt would someone having it would be a deciding factor in winning or losing.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Extended magazine with 35% rate of fire on this ACR.

giphy.gif

Cat Party

I love when developers decide to punish me for taking my time and enjoying their game at my own pace rather than grinding.

Why would I ever keep playing this game if I'll never be able to catch up?

Just take your time and have fun with friends, the endgame just isn't that great.

That's what I've been doing, albeit solo.

Compared to Destiny where I was totally engrossed in it with 3 max guardians pretty quickly doing endgame content on farm, I'm just taking in the missions at my own pace.

I think i'm only about level 21 with a DZ rank of about 13, which is purely from going into the DZ and trying to kill people for fun, again solo.

What I will say though is that i'm fucking pissed that because I've been fully clearing every area before moving to the next one, that he named enemies will no longer spawn for me to kill at level 30. That's some straight up bullshit right there.

Edit: Congrats Noomi! Not sure if the new baby is a Guardian or an Agent! :p

theWB27

I love when developers decide to punish me for taking my time and enjoying their game at my own pace rather than grinding.

Why would I ever keep playing this game if I'll never be able to catch up?

Catch up to who? You're ahead of other people. Why is it a rat race? I'm level 50 and I see people 25-30 levels above me and it just doesn't matter.

Enjoy your pace.

Looks like the mods in the Division sub reddit did some damage control. those crafting threads were removed. welp.

edit: nevermind, they just moved them all to a sticky.

Cat Party

Catch up to who? You're ahead of other people. Why is it a rat race? I'm level 50 and I see people 25-30 levels above me and it just doesn't matter.

Enjoy your pace.
I want to be able to enjoy the end game but I don't have the weapons and gear to do it now. It's gonna be that much harder with this change.

Mentok

Banned
Some of the changes seem kind of neat, but the crafting ones are just plain stupid. I mean I already hate that the end game is SO craft-specific, but this just makes it worse. They should've had it switched where blueprints for OP gear is a rare drop and the vendors sell random HEs that rotate every couple of days vs the current system (where I don't even flinch for an HE drop because I've crafted something better). I just read a great article about the flaws in the Division's loot system, it REALLY needs to be revamped.

I mean I really love how fast Massive is making changes, but I think they're focusing on quick-fixes rather than the long-game issues.

EDIT: Congrats on the baby Noomi, parenthood is a LOT of fun!

k1t4j

Crafting a single ilvl 31 HE now will require 75 purples.
9 extracts and 2 stash clears.

Let that sink in.

Seeing that you are really good at math, how many general assembly runs on hard would this be?

Seeing that it might be easy to run that than extract 9 times solo lol

:p

Deku Tree

Congrats!

Congrats Noomi! That's awesome. See ya on the other DGAF side sometime too maybe haha

Granadier

Seeing that you are really good at math, how many general assembly runs on hard would this be?

Seeing that it might be easy to run that than extract 9 times solo lol

:p

Same amount of runs, just different time. GA gives ~9 purples per run.

Namikaze1

Congrats, Noomi!

Wolfe

@Granadier: I've explained how it should/would work...

You on the other hand have yet to explain why a game should allow a player to receive equip bonuses for gear they are not currently wearing, which would be the opposite of how most games do it.

Granadier

This isn't a good move imo. You're removing one problem and needlessly adding another. It's like trying to lose weight by dieting an exercise. Except the exercise is fucking 60 homeless men daily. You're diet's going well, but congrats, now you have aids, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. You could have just done the diet without the exercise and you would be just fucking fine, but your dumb ass decided to fuck 60 people and now one problem is gone, and another is started unnecessarily.

Pretty concise summary of Massive's apparent thought process with crafting.

@Granadier: I've explained how it should/would work...

You on the other hand have yet to explain why a game should allow a player to receive equip bonuses for gear they are not currently wearing, which would be the opposite of how most games do it.

Remove the backpacks entirely then. Oh wait then you'd have to remove the bonuses from chest pieces and other backpacks.

I'm saying that it's not a simple fix. You can't just flip a switch and magically have it "not count" anymore. The only surefire way to make players not receive the bonus after removal, (with the way the game functions currently), would be to remove the bonuses entirely from every piece of gear.

The amount of "negative" impact that this has is not nearly enough to warrant a complicated fix like what would be needed.

Mob

I fail to understand how this is a serious issue.
It's like the people that claim the Rehabilitated glitch makes players, "invincible".

It's just bullshit being blown out of proportion.

Also, if you paid attention to my answers I was providing real issues that would arise if that change was made. Not opinions.

The examples you gave wouldn't really arise though would they? Surely anyone using the paramedic & police packs switches to their HE backpack as soon as the restock is complete.

I haven't got a problem with the packs being used as they are just the examples didn't seem very logical to me.

Mob

Whoa. I was legitimately just asking if I could redeem the Agent Origins thing since I missed it by like an hour.

I don't have an opinion on the issue since I a) don't have the stuff to do it b) have never been in a scenario where I felt would someone having it would be a deciding factor in winning or losing.

You can't redeem the origins code any longer as far as I know but the items are included in the season pass.

Granadier

The examples you gave wouldn't really arise though would they? Surely anyone using the paramedic & police packs switches to their HE backpack as soon as the restock is complete.

I haven't got a problem with the packs being used as they are just the examples didn't seem very logical to me.

Edge cases are what determine if something works or is broken.
The multiple glitches and exploits of this game should have shown that.

it was way too easy to craft dozens of high end items until you got a near perfect roll. this nerf makes sense.

You're thinking about it all wrong. The hardcore will always get what they want, no matter how hard you make it they'll just grind harder. All this does is make it more difficult for people who aren't grinding like them to catch up.

What's with the massive crafting nerf? ;_;

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
200 green to make iLVL31 item
5 blue to make 1 HE
40 blue to make 1 iLVL 31 item
8 HE to make 1 iLVL31 item
Now its going to be:

10 green to make 1 blue - 2x more - 200% nerf
150 green to make 1 HE - 6x more - 600% nerf
1,500 green to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 7.5x more - 750% nerf
15 blue to make 1 HE - 3x more - 300% nerf
150 blue to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 3.75x more - 375% nerf
10 HE to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 25% more - 25% nerf

HAHAHAHA what? Where did you see this? That would straight up kill the game for me. I've already stopped playing because I'm at the point where my gear progression is stalled due to not wanting to farm crafting mats anymore....

Crafting being the end-game is so boring. I much prefer games where you get items simply by playing. Like Diablo 3. Or Borderlands 2. I haaaaaate crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom