• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if daily challenge missions (and challenging missions in general) always drop the same item, just re-rolled? Wondering if I should farm some of the easier Challenging missions in order to try to find a better vest + gloves, when the last time I did the run I got the same holster with slightly different stats.

Natiko

Banned
And to think me and my friends had been enjoying this game and we're discussing buying the season pass. Thanks to these changes we might as well just stop. We don't play as much as those hoarding mats. We so far have managed to buy a whole two HE BPs of which we have crafted each one once. Fuck off, we would have to invest far more time now to catch up to the average person playing still.

Gator86

Ridiculous. It's like they made the game more grindier because they don't have creative ideas how to make the game better.

Yes, it's like that... and not exactly 100% that...I'll turn the game back on the run the Incursion once then I'm out again until the expansions in late summer. Game going nowhere fast.

the crafting nerf is fucking BS.

I have played this game for 150+ hours now and its about to be shelved.
The division has no life in it like Destiny did, it makes me sad and this nerf will kill it for a lot of users. I had high hopes for this game but unfortunately the End game seems to not live up to my expectations. Also PVP in DZ is like shit.

unless they start increasing HE Drop rates

it was way too easy to craft dozens of high end items until you got a near perfect roll. this nerf makes sense.

If you grinded and exploited hardcore then yes it makes sense. For someone like me who just started doing dailies this past weekend finally (played a little slower to avoid burnout due to putting in around 1000 hours in destiny and real life got in the way the last 2 weeks) I had enough to finally buy a blueprint and craft 4 vectors hoping to get a decent one to use. Now this change is going to make it very hard for me to get weapons with my play time available.

Out of the 40+ friends that I have that played this game on launch only about ~5-10 are on and if this changes takes effect without any other tweaking I am sure that that number will drop even more.

At this point I might even go back to destiny, which I haven't played in 6 months, after that content patch.

Yeah, the crafting nerf will definitely make me put the game away. The end game for me right now is running DZ (hoping for a good drop but not expecting one), getting mats, and crafting new weapons. I love that 1.1 is sensibly lowering the required levels, but with the nerf, it really isn't that much better.

it was way too easy to craft dozens of high end items until you got a near perfect roll. this nerf makes sense.

This nerf massively punishes everyone except the top .5% who were able to exploit the hell out of BK, Hornet, and extra man challenge mode.

Everyone else will just get further and further behind. This is exactly the type of thing that killed Destiny.

I don't understand this nerf at all. The only way this makes sense is if they buffed the HE drop rate by alot.

It doesn't have to be all extremes. A far more sensible nerf is possible.

Reducing the DZ rank reqs for crafting and HE items would definitely have resulted in more HE gear for all players, so they probably thought this would be a way to balance it.

Namikaze1

No problem guys.
Some advice for going faster in Lincoln tunnel. You can skip the whole first part by just going to the right and going up the stairs.
You can also cheese the timer thing by just leaving 1 person alive then killing it after the timer is over.
I know about the cheese. That's why I was running down the other side. :)

But we had that random staying back and also killing the last NPC in the tunnel.

This makes it look like they have no confidence in their own game. That people only play because they're on a treadmill, not because it's fun.

I'd be perfectly happy to play around in the DZ with everyone in similarly effective gear. I've been trying to work towards that, but now they're pushing me away even more. I just don't have the time for this.

Beta was more fun, just get to level 8 and let the rogue party commence.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I'll likely drop this. I was already short on mats, and honestly quite sick of DZ after grinding 36 levels. There is not much more to it than running landmarks, hoping for chests and bosses to spawn and being glitch fucked by others. I either steamroll undergeared guys, or I don't make a dent in others. The PvP is obscenely bad. Sounds so offputting to go for like 60 levels more, and having to grind and deconstruct like 3 times as many useless loot.

This game isn't anything like Destiny endgame, while the road to it and the co-op was much better in Division. Destiny has a solid separate PvP mode, thats been nerfed to shit but it was actually really fun once. And Vault of Glass seems to be better than the Incursion. Massive seemed to be clueless about the endgame of its product?

I guess you could make an alt and play up to level 14, and then wreck shop in DZ against similar players, that was kind of fun.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow at that crafting change, that like, really sucks ass. That's the sorta change that would kill the less than hard core fan base, it's bad enough how much you have to rely on RNG not fucking you over making something, but to then have far less chances just really sucks.

The Division |OT 3| Crafted from 150 OT 2's

If it isn't this one then there's no point having an OT3.

Gator86

Yeah I'll likely drop this. I was already short on mats, and honestly quite sick of DZ after grinding 36 levels. There is not much more to it than running landmarks, hoping for chests and bosses to spawn and being glitch fucked by others. I either steamroll undergeared guys, or I don't make a dent in others. The PvP is obscenely bad. Sounds so offputting to go for like 60 levels more, and having to grind and deconstruct like 3 times as many useless loot.

This game isn't anything like Destiny endgame, while the road to it and the co-op was much better in Division.

Destiny has a solid separate PvP mode, thats been nerfed to shit but it was actually really fun once. And Vault of Glass seems to be better than the Incursion. Massive seemed to be clueless about the endgame of its product?

Agreed with most of this but especially the bolded. It seems like no one at massive took ever a couple minutes to think through how the game would work after launch, especially in terms of the endgame. The same four missions and DZ farming is literally all they came up with? Game will be a goddamn ghost town by the expansions, especially on PS4 and PC. Even worse, the game population wl plummet as the unkillable, over leveled addicts feast on everyone who didn't hit 30 a week in.

deadduck

No problem guys.
Some advice for going faster in Lincoln tunnel. You can skip the whole first part by just going to the right and going up the stairs.
You can also cheese the timer thing by just leaving 1 person alive then killing it after the timer is over.

Didn't know about the right stairs trick, that's decent.

Thanks.

Liamc723

I won't be dropping the game, but the crafting change has really soured me.

The end-game sucks and the incursion doesn't seem to be anything huge. I know I won't be putting the same amount of time into this as I do for Destiny.

ISOM

You can blame all the people that exploited the shit out this game. I know a couple people at one point had max materials for everything. Burger King done messed it all up.

Yup. It seems like a big screw you to the people who didn't exploit the bosses much.

Deku Tree

You can blame all the people that exploited the shit out this game. I know a couple people at one point had max materials for everything. Burger King done messed it all up.

If the developers at Massive are punishing all players for the way that some people played the game then that's sad. They created the game the way that it was.

Dave1988

Destiny was dead to me after they nerfed weapon parts drops to hell and it looks like the Division will follow suit.

Oh well, at least there's Dark Souls III to look forward to next week.

Read all the patch notes. Good stuff except for the higher material demand for crafting. I guess the one way of not making the end game being all about crafting is to make it so bullshit nobody bothers with it.

Hopefully the drop rates for HE and vendor supplies for HE items are improved. I guess they figured that nobody was buying HE items, because the prospect of getting an HE blueprint was so much better. I guess not anymore.

deadduck

I'm 0.4% sure those (terrible) crafting changes are gonna make it into the version next week.

It's overshadowing the other great changes and I think they'll listen to feedback.

Pop

Crafting change isn't even that big of a deal. So it takes a couple of extra mats. Instead of crafting 10 gold items a day, you craft 5. Right now it's too easy to craft high end items and I only play a couple of hours a night if that.

Also division tech will be dropping more.

These nerfs took me from being a future season pass buyer, to potentially not playing anymore.

Will wait and see how the drop rates are.

I'm not making the same mistake I did with Destiny and buying the season pass.

k1t4j

Installing Quantum Break and both Alan Wake titles ATM just to get the installations out of the way.

Are you me?

I am kinda excited to try out Alan Wake I never got to play it back then, the fact they give the game out with 2 DLCs and American Nightmare is pretty crazy. And ofc Quantum Break looks ace.

Deku Tree

If they took out all the useless horrible talents and made it likely that most HE which you crafted were actually decent then I wouldn't mind the parts nerf. But yeah they aren't doing that so...

Crafting change isn't even that big of a deal. So it takes a couple of extra mats. Instead of crafting 10 gold items a day, you craft 5. Right now it's too easy to craft high end items and I only play a couple of hours a night if that.

Also division tech will be dropping more.

"couple extra mats"

What's with the massive crafting nerf? ;_;

Currently:

5 green to make 1 blue
25 green to make 1 HE
200 green to make iLVL31 item
5 blue to make 1 HE
40 blue to make 1 iLVL 31 item
8 HE to make 1 iLVL31 item
Now its going to be:

10 green to make 1 blue - 2x more - 200% nerf
150 green to make 1 HE - 6x more - 600% nerf
1,500 green to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 7.5x more - 750% nerf
15 blue to make 1 HE - 3x more - 300% nerf
150 blue to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 3.75x more - 375% nerf
10 HE to make 1 iLVL 31 item - 25% more - 25% nerf

oSoLucky

I don't think that the changes are going to make it live, or the nerf will be reduced somewhat. Also, none of it makes much sense to me as the easiest "known" farms to mass materials have already been nerfed and surely those players have already crafted most/all of their gear, or at least upgraded their materials. If that's Massive's reasoning, it seems a bit silly to me.

Punishment for exploits... Sucks that it affects the entire community. Could be better but it is the easiest way to try to get rid of hoarded mats.

Liamc723

Yes...

I've been crafting all HE items with ease. That's while barely playing the game. People just want it easy. Shouldn't have fucking used the exploit and played the right way. Maybe this wouldn't have occurred.

But now you're hardly going to be making them at all. It's a ridiculous nerf.

Are you me?

I am kinda excited to try out Alan Wake I never got to play it back then, the fact they give the game out with 2 DLCs and American Nightmare is pretty crazy. And ofc Quantum Break looks ace.

Alan Wake was one of my favorite 360 games. It's so good. I'm stoked to play QB but I need to set aside a solid chunk of time to dig into it. I'm thinking Saturday or Sunday.

Yes...

I've been crafting all HE items with ease. That's while barely playing the game. People just want it easy. Shouldn't have fucking used the exploit and played the right way. Maybe this wouldn't have occurred.

That's nearly five full extractions in DZ of the SAME items just to make ONE HE item. Yes. Just a couple more.

This drastically, drastically slowed down any progression for anyone who hasn't played this game for 100+ hours already.

Well HE is the end game gear. I don't believe they would want people just crafting them at will. It is ridiculously easy right now.
Except some people craft tons of HE gear to get the perfect roll. Now it's going to take 10x longer to do that, unless you're insanely lucky, and casual players won't be able to play this end game. If a casual player sees these patch notes, they are immediately deleting the game as soon as they've gotten to 30 or finished all the missions, it's a bad move overall, especially with all the other big games coming out soon like dark souls and uncharted, which will have even more people leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom