• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the official patch notes :p

I hadn't seen them yet. I miss pages of the thread here and there.

it was way too easy to craft dozens of high end items until you got a near perfect roll. this nerf makes sense.
How the hell do you figure? Maybe if you're playing 10 hours a day. It takes me a while to get enough crap to craft 5 items at a time, and as we all know, that's not nearly enough to get a weapon with good talents on it. And that's not even considering HE division tech which is so damn hard to get.

Well, maybe now it won't be so hard to get since so many people will stop playing :p

ISOM

I hadn't seen them yet. I miss pages of the thread here and there.

How the hell do you figure? Maybe if you're playing 10 hours a day. It takes me a while to get enough crap to craft 5 items at a time, and as we all know, that's not nearly enough to get a weapon with good talents on it. And that's not even considering HE division tech which is so damn hard to get.

Well, maybe now it won't be so hard to get since so many people will stop playing :p

I spent so much mats to craft like 10+ Vectors and other gear and still didn't get rolls I loved so when people say it was way too easy. :l

Maybe it was easy for the exploiters.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Leaf - Brown Camo

ttaeAis.png

This post from reddit sums up the problems fairly well....

Just absolutely brutal changes for anyone who didn't exploit farm hornet and have a massive stockpile of materials to burn to get the best rolls they cold already. Regardless without huge increases in resource gathering sources the changes are punishing to the least. Unfortunately those changes are going to be felt hardest by casual players.
Currently it costs 40 blue mats to create 1 HE item (20 purples items) Their proposed system increases it to 150 blue mats per 1 HE craft (75 purple items)

Wether or not it increases the longevity of the game by dragging out the process to craft for attempts at rolls it is done the wrong way.

A game never increases in popularity when drop rates are reduced. This limits crafting "drop rates." When you have a game with layered loot rng you need to find a balance of how many layers. Currently there are too many. You have to pray for a drop. Then pray that it's the right slot. Then the right model. Then the right talents or primaries. Then the secondaries and minor attributes. Then you need to hope all the stat rolls rolled high in their ranges or at least better than your current.
You need to do that all with laser focus on one type of build let alone having multiple sets to try different skill and roles specialties.

They could have seen the new recipes as a way to soft reset the exploited gear levels and have the new recipes with increased costs. This change only makes it harder for players to catch up to the top. It stultifies middle growth and entry level builds and will only result in an even more exasperated player base that already feels that drops are out of their reach, and now crafting too.

Regardless of crafting rates, exploits and new gear the fundamental progression concern has yet again been ignored. The best gear shouldn't come from spamming a crafting table. Let me go kill my way to power. I want to play the game! Let me feel like cmodes aren't only worth the named bosses loot. Every mob should matter and every combat activity should lure me with the hope to see that yellow beam. Loot is fun. Slaving away on material routes wether it is DT or now open world is boring, and unrewarding.

Ubisoft seems very out of touch with their game. 75 purple items per HE craft is only 1 example. They also have dark zone keys for 40 phoenix credits. Do they realize how useless dark zone keys actually are? I've opened countless chests and have seen 1 HE item pop out. I can't even spend keys faster than I get them.

I'm willing to bet that this nerf is a way to prevent people from buying low level green items to break down and buying HE items with DZ credits to break down. Neither of those I felt were very time efficient.... or fun. As a result, the game becomes even less fun. I just.... I don't know what they're thinking.

Man this games' player base sometimes makes me angry.

Im just trying to do these damn challenges for the phoenix points and support the team with my tech build, and some ass hat decides to kicks me because im doing so well, he and his butt buddy was saying in the game chat that, because im killing the enemies too fast and I was using my skills back to back so quickly, I must be cheating.

sKzsKOX.gif

........Im on the PS4.

Wow, build so good, im getting kicked because people think im cheatin.

Man, im done with this game, back to fallout for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[*] Being able to recalibrate with normal credits might mean re-rolling HE items (not weapons though) will be doable instead of just deconstructing and crafting again.
Well you'll want to keep crafting to get more affixes on your gear that are at least useful anyway. I don't think that's necessarily the problem.

Man this games' player base sometimes makes me angry.

Im just trying to do these damn challenges for the phoenix points and support the team with my tech build, and some ass hat decides to kicks me because im doing so well, he and his butt buddy was saying in the game chat that, because im killing the enemies too fast and I was using my skills back to back so quickly, I must be cheating.

sKzsKOX.gif

........Im on the PS4.

Wow, build so good, im getting kicked because people think im cheatin.

Man, im done with this game, back to fallout for me.

That is stupid on a lot of levels. Sorry to see that happen.

mackaveli

Why not just do greater rift mode from Diablo in this game for loot. Also why not increase loot drop. Chances you get anything good is so low at least it's nice to get yellow items.

So I grind General Assembly on Hard to get my first batch of HE gear/weapons. Where should my stats be (DPS & Health) to move on from Hard Mode to Challenging? I'm currently at 70k DPS and 55k Health, but only have Level 30 purple gear.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I grind General Assembly on Hard to get my first batch of HE gear/weapons. Where should my stats be (DPS & Health) to move on from Hard Mode to Challenging? I'm currently at 70k DPS and 55k Health, but only have Level 30 purple gear.
Grind Lexington on Challenging until you have a set of level 30 HE gear basically.

EL CUCO

Does challenging ever drop a level 31 Mission Reward? I dont think I've seen one...

Also, got my first HE gear from General Assembly today. Holster with only 2 stats :/

Ashtar

Wait Im confused how did they nerf crafting? I thought they made crafting easier by decreasing the division tech needed.... What's going on here?!

Wait Im confused how did they nerf crafting? I thought they made crafting easier by decreasing the division tech needed.... What's going on here?!

10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2 Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

I think purple items still yield 2 blue materials. So that requires 75 purple items to craft 1 HE item.

75. And that assumes the 75 items are the specific type that you need.

That's 8 and a half full extractions from the DZ. That would also require porting out of the DZ several times to clear out your stash. More loading screens and basically doing stuff that would be considered busy work and not actually playing the game.

The old crafting recipes with division tech will feel like child's play compared to this....

Ashtar

PREVIOUSLY: 1 HE item = 8 HE mats = 40 Blue mats = 200 Green Mats
NOW: 1 HE item = 10 HE mats = 150 Blue mats = 1500 Green mats.

*Slow clap*
Jesus Christ...... What have you done massive!? Seriously, I mean if you can't craft a high end weapon and you can only get them from challenge mode or buy the same two from advanced weapons... How can you even be powerful enough to get Hugh end weapons?! I mean it's insane!
I have like 120 hrs in game but all my high end gear came from challenge mission or crafting , but if I couldn't craft I couldn't craft I couldn't get high end gear to do challenges!?
On one hand I understand why you would want to nerf crafting... On the other hand unless they up the drop rate for high end gear all the new 30s will be under powered.
First big change that I think was completely idiotic

darkwing

hmm am I correct? you need almost 9 runs of General Assembly to craft one HE, granting you always get the specific crafting mat

catspit

I stopped playing a few days ago to wait for the Incursions Patch. End game for me was trying to get Division Tech (ugh.) and spam crafting to get better rolls on HE ilvl31 items I already have. I couldn't justify spending 5hrs to get mats for a few crappy rolls and 0 progress. With the new crafting nerf (which I think is over the top)... this really puts a damper on things. DZ is fun with a group but they need to patch the glitches. I will pick it up again when incursions hit to see how it is...but if it doesn't pan out Dark Souls 3 will be waiting for me ;)

spyder_ur

So what exactly are Phoenix Credits going to be used for post-patch?

Just BoO blueprints, which I presume will be changed in some way?

What do you mean? Are you mad about the crafting nerf? Content seems good for gold edition coming up

I'm mostly disappointed in how the end game and loot situation has been handled and haven't played in a while. This crafting nerf doesn't seem to bode well for how they're going to handle this game moving forward so I don't have a lot of faith in the season pass I foolishly bought.

I'm looking forward to the incursion and am hoping it's not just challenge mode on steroids and introduces some new elements.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
GA would be faster then, with the cover shortcut

I tested it out to see and GA seemed to get buggy with the cover glitch sometimes. Like one time the JTF officer wouldn't walk to his position so I couldn't open the final door. Then when I traveled out and walked to the chopper fight Bliss got stuck after death right above the crash site. Never crashed or dropped loot.

The way drops and crafting work in this game so far mean Division will be a slow burn for me.

And that it makes it hard to say if I will play it for long. I have a feeling DS3 will take over and when/if I come back, I will be so far behind. It's too bad, because I really like the game, just wish they set it up like Diablo 3 where play always feels rewarded.

Destiny had the same feeling in #forever29 days. Bungie did fix it (for a while) so maybe Massive will balance it all eventually.

Tawpgun

Hope theres some kind of response from Massive tomorrow. That caused a lot of ill will they need to address sooner rather than later.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Seems boosts like Smart Cover actually adjust the DPS numbers in the menus while active. Interesting to see how high you can go.

OkwyOSG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom