• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

Except some people craft tons of HE gear to get the perfect roll. Now it's going to take 10x longer to do that, unless you're insanely lucky, and casual players won't be able to play this end game. If a casual player sees these patch notes, they are immediately deleting the game as soon as they've gotten to 30 or finished all the missions, it's a bad move overall, especially with all the other big games coming out soon like dark souls and uncharted, which will have even more people leaving.

There's other ways to get gear besides crafting.

KJRS_1993

That's really annoying.

I've got all High-End gear crafted from Base of Operations Phoenix Blueprints and I still run into rogues in the Dark Zone who I barely hurt, but who can take me down ridiculously quickly. I don't even know where to find better gear from.

This just makes getting to their level even more frustrating. Especially when there's going to be even better gear on offer for those people to get.

If it's too frustrating I'll just hit up Destiny again (or Dark Souls III).

oSoLucky

The only way that I could see this being okay is if all of the ilvl 30/31 blueprints get their materials reduced drastically.....to like 1/1 or maybe even just blues. That would allow people to play catch up and would slow the rate that 32s are crafted for everyone. Otherwise, it will just create a bigger gap. I, for one, am not touching a single BP until after the patch. Going to try to save up as many materials as I can.

There's other ways to get gear besides crafting.
Yeah farming hard missions for a small chance at a HE, or one guaranteed HE from a CM a day, and the casual player won't be doing many CM. That's going to take even longer. Crafting is the best source of HE and they made it extremely worse. Like I said, a lot of people will be leaving for dark souls and uncharted, and this will make the casual player base leave with them. The reason they are called casuals is because they don't have a lot of time on their hands and they don't have a lot of time to grind stuff, and this makes their situation even worse and they will just go and play other games.

SkylineRKR

That's really annoying.

I've got all High-End gear crafted from Base of Operations Phoenix Blueprints and I still run into rogues in the Dark Zone who I barely hurt, but who can take me down ridiculously quickly. I don't even know where to find better gear from.

This just makes getting to their level even more frustrating. Especially when their's going to be even better gear on offer for those people to get.

If it's too frustrating I'll just hit up Destiny again (or Dark Souls III).

Yeah they likely farmed hornet and BK for at times 15 PC per kill during the first 2 weeks, not to mention drops and materials. They could roll endlessly and buy all blueprints. People who were behind aren't going to catch up, especially now that its becoming even harder to do so.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
We need Wes. 3 guys will not fucking die on this server. Plowing them with everything but nothing affects them.

Edit: I honestly thinking they are cheating with something its a joke.

Edit 2: One guy was stood there flash'd and I put a whole clip with the MP5 (190k DPS) into his head and the health went down barely 1/3 then back up instantly. Theres no way the damage I was putting into him he should've survived.

I read on Reddit some people have found an exploit so its super hard to die.

Yes...

I've been crafting all HE items with ease. That's while barely playing the game. People just want it easy. Shouldn't have fucking used the exploit and played the right way. Maybe this wouldn't have occurred.

I don't want it "easy" and I'm sure most people don't want it "easy" they just want it to be fair and worth their time. I play grindy loot games like PoE almost daily. So i dont mind working towards something little by little but within reason as in a game like that you don't need top tier gear to clear most content without much hassle.

Unfortunately this falls on the exploiters ruining it for everyone else. I knew I should have found every exploit possible and done it to the max. If they do changes like this with each major patch to combat exploiters then I am sure as gell going to exploit the crap out of whatever is found next.

I don't want it "easy" and I'm sure most people don't want it "easy" they just want it to be fair and worth their time. I play grindy loot games like PoE almost daily. So i dont mind working towards something little by little but within reason as in a game like that you don't need top tier gear to clear most content without much hassle.

Unfortunately this falls on the exploiters ruining it for everyone else. I knew I should have found every exploit possible and done it to the max. If they do changes like this with each major patch to combat exploiters then I am sure as gell going to exploit the crap out of whatever is found next.

Exactly. All this does is gives the fan base more incentive to exploit glitches in the future.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Actually it is the developers at fault for the exploits. First they took their sweet time fixing them that is on them. Secondly they released the game before it was ready with lots of bugs to exploit. Lastly they made the normal game so unrewarding people felt like they had to exploit to get any sort of reward. This is all on the development team nerf crafting but raise drop rates 500% in the DZ and 300% else where that be cool.

oSoLucky

I hope the "and many more" includes Rehabilitated, Reckless, Mobile Cover glitch, Coolheaded proccing off of bleeds/fire, etc.

Actually it is the developers at fault for the exploits. First they took their sweet time fixing them that is on them. Secondly they released the game before it was ready with lots of bugs to exploit. Lastly they made the normal game so unrewarding people felt like they had to exploit to get any sort of reward. This is all on the development team nerf crafting but raise drop rates 500% in the DZ and 300% else where that be cool.

It does feel like it took them forever to fix some of the bugs. I know there's a process, but sheesh, every exploit ran rampant for nearly a week, and some discovered at release still haven't been fixed. I've read from some developers of similar games that it's much better to buff drops later, than have the rate too high and nerf later. Apparently the latter would cause even more balance issues, like the first weekend pitting people who farmed during the 10pc/kill days versus new 30s.

Frenden

Banned
Assuming they don't increase the drop rate to compensate for the awful crafting nerf, I'll probably be putting this down save for completing the Incursion. I just want to see that content and then I'm out.

ISOM

We need Wes. 3 guys will not fucking die on this server. Plowing them with everything but nothing affects them.

Edit 2: One guy was stood there flash'd and I put a whole clip with the MP5 (190k DPS) into his head and the health went down barely 1/3 then back up instantly. Theres no way the damage I was putting into him he should've survived.

These exploits are another thing that's killing my enjoyment of the DZ. It's irritating to see you unload a clip into a guy and it barely doing anything while they drop you in a couple of seconds .I never know if someone I unloaded bullets in survived because he way outranks my gear or because of exploits and hacking. This is on the PC so it's a lot more rampant.

Tawpgun

Rip Xbox dz

Agreed. Instead of making things right they took a pretty big step backward IMO. Hopefully they can make some changes before the content drop.

Mentok

Banned
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tawpgun/video/16347663

Trying out my new M44 in the DZ. 3/4 ain't bad. My heart was beating at the end lol. Dodge roll OP. Goodness starts 2 minutes in.

How do you have a clip with 9 bullets? Or can you add a clip with an HE 44? My purple only allows modding the scope and muzzle...*jealous*

Yes...

I've been crafting all HE items with ease. That's while barely playing the game. People just want it easy. Shouldn't have fucking used the exploit and played the right way. Maybe this wouldn't have occurred.

Except this doesn't make it any bit "challenging", just tedious. I don't agree that people want it easy, but rewarding. Right now there's nothing rewarding with going up against named bosses or even doing big events. It just feels like time-filler.

The sad part is that this "punishment" won't affect the exploiters who are already roaming with top gear.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
These exploits are another thing that's killing my enjoyment of the DZ. It's irritating to see you unload a clip into a guy and it barely doing anything while they drop you in a couple of seconds .I never know if someone I unloaded bullets in survived because he way outranks my gear or because of exploits and hacking. This is on the PC so it's a lot more rampant.

Rip Xbox dz

I sent them a message asking what there stats were. That guy I had shot at said he had 70k health. If thats the case I have more health than him and I drop way quicker than he was plus I used booster shot.

I started asking about the guys he was and he pretended not to know them yet the friends list showed they were all buddies.

Regginator

is there a way to access your stash while in the dark zone? i have some sweet loot but my stash is full, and obviously i can't leave without decontaminating them

Jafku

Looks like I've missed quite a bit in these last few days. My son was born April 1st (haha!) and has been the absolute focus of everything since then, he's a really awesome little dude :)

I probably won't be coming back to The Division (or any gaming for that matter) for a while. I've learned just how precious sleep is, and I miss it more than anything lol.

Anyways, just wanted to post a quick update. Take care DivisionGAF! I'll see ya, when I see ya!
A little late but congrats Noomi!

I sent them a message asking what there stats were. That guy I had shot at said he had 70k health. If thats the case I have more health than him and I drop way quicker than he was plus I used booster shot.

I started asking about the guys he was and he pretended not to know them yet the friends list showed they were all buddies.

There is a lot more in play and other variables that needs factoring in than just the health number.

Matush

So what should I do with my crafting mats? Convert all to HE? Came back home just now, don't know what to think about it just yet.

mackaveli

Any idea if two division tech will still be the same? It would be wise to convert Green division tech to blue mat pieces and then convert them to gold?

But keep the blue division tech as it will still only take two to craft a gold mat?

Anyone know?

BLunted

Banned
Smart cover to no longer stack. Noooooo.

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
  • Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
  • Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

Aaaaannnnd I'm done...Fun while it lasted.

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2

This makes absolutely no sense. What are you doing, Massive? FFS

Special C

Guys, the reason they are increasing the mats it takes to convert is because we were complaining about how long it took. It's really a buff when you think about it.
;)

Khaliss

Banned
Jesus Christ when I get new outfits I mix & match for 30 minutes like an 8 year old girl playing Barbie... Coming from a guy who spent 2 hours in the Dragon Age character creator only to find a helmet in my first 8 minutes of gameplay.

Crafting

Is this for real? lol Now I'm done with the game for sure, great job massive!!

mackaveli

Also is anyone spending all their credits on purple items to deconstruct? I have 600k. I'm not sure if I should keep the money or spend them for mats?

ISOM

Also is anyone spending all their credits on purple items to deconstruct? I have 600k. I'm not sure if I should keep the money or spend them for mats?

I thought about that but some weapons cost like 400,000k and with the incursions coming they may add new ones to the vendors list as something that you can buy.

I think people are getting bored with the game already. I had like over 100 people on my friendlist playing it daily, now I can see 10 people playing The Division. It will get worse after the patch and I'm sure of it.

soultron

Banned
Some thoughts on the crafting changes:

• You can now trade items in groups, meaning I could give you X amount of items. I can also give you a sweet item that RNG shone his holy light upon me with, while giving you nothing. You could keep this sweet item or break 'em down for crafting mats. This is something that does need balancing, which to me explains why crafting higher tier mat requirements were increased.
  • Drop rates might be tweaked without it being listed on the patch notes.
  • Being able to recalibrate with normal credits might mean re-rolling HE items (not weapons though) will be doable instead of just deconstructing and crafting again.
  • Maybe this is a hilarious way of "rebalancing the economy" by slowly destroying all the excess parts/mats for the top 5% of players who exploited the heck out of BK and CM when they were viable.
    At the expense of everyone else!

Not sure. I think the message attempting to be sent here is that crafting is being reduced as an endgame min/max avenue, and more ways (item trading, reg credits to reroll, etc.) to getting better gear are being introduced.

It's pretty short-sighted to look at just the numbers for crafting better mats. You need to think bigger picture and actually play the new patch to see how it gets better or worse, in my opinion.

If it doesn't work well, I'm sure more changes and rebalancing will occur for 1.2

Dude we are too. We've run into several servers where there were groups of eight+ that have folks who are taking absolutely no damage and as the ones who do go down get right back up. Head sratcher lmao

I've been able to tank a lot of their damage but I'm mostly having to run away and drop shock turrets to escape.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hit a dude with three direct M44 explosive rounds and he still stood.

Not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom