• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta have fun while in the dz

rk7krp.gif

hahahahahah

FLAguy954

Smart cover to no longer stack. Noooooo.

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
  • Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
  • Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

I knew about the crafting nerf (and they better vastly increase the HE drop rates or I'm fucking out) but they also nerfed smart cover stacking? Goddammit Massive...

Was there a patch yesterday?
I thought there wasn't supposed to be a patch from yesterday's maintenance?

Edit: Apparently it's not up yet.

lt519

I just read the patch notes, holy shit haha. They can't possibly be serious with the crafting nerfs. What a horrid decision. Called it a while back all the fucking exploits letting people gear up to fast was going to hurt the average player in the end.

This is Bungie levels of ignorance. Reduce break down rewards, increase crafting costs...what?

I'm going to enjoy some other games and come back when they've figured it out.

Geneijin

I tested it out to see and GA seemed to get buggy with the cover glitch sometimes. Like one time the JTF officer wouldn't walk to his position so I couldn't open the final door. Then when I traveled out and walked to the chopper fight Bliss got stuck after death right above the crash site. Never crashed or dropped loot.
If you glitch before clearing the first area in front of the gate, you're guaranteed to glitch the final encounter as the JTF officers won't advance to the event trigger. Only way to go past that glitch is to suicide and respawn to refresh to the spawn point.

Navy Bean

I enjoyed the base game but frankly got bored of the end game leveling system - grinding out the same stuff for a few percentage points more in critical hit chance, etc. was just not fun. These crafting nerfs give me no real impulse to jump back in. I will try the new content but I'd personally hope that the loot drops become more interesting in and of themselves and less of a math test...

I just read the notes for next week's patch as well. Christ. What's the best way to stockpile on materials before the patch hits? Still the alt mule? Level 6, right?

spyder_ur

Do you think it's worth spending all current credits on vendor gear to turn into mats?

I think it's better to hold on to them for when the patch hits. You can definitely use them for recalibration (which seems like it'll be more important than before) and who knows what else.

There are other sources of crafting mats and people are acting like they're are going to be no sources for them moving forward.

What I'm wondering about is Phoenix Credits. What exactly are they going to be used for?

Cade

Man the shock turret meta is real. And it's so God damn useful in areas where you have sketchy players since they either shoot the turret and go rogue or go rogue on you and get shocked. Either way it's invaluable.

lt519

What I'm wondering about is Phoenix Credits. What exactly are they going to be used for?

Rerolling HE gear set drops? But mostly sounds like they want to do away with it after all the exploits. Reward everyone with crafting mats and level the playing field again. I wouldn't be surprised if most of those new blue prints they mentioned are better than what exists. Only way to wipe out the advantage people gained early and through exploits. Basically hit the reset button and make a different currency king. Destiny did this over and over releasing a new currency with every expansion.

It lets people catch up, but at the same time crafting is fun and unless the daily rewards rain crafting mats it'll level the playing field but make the game a lot less fun.

phen0m24

So I bought the mask with Rehab on it, but I should save my remaining credits and mats until the patch?

So come on I wanted to try the mask before they nerf it

J-Rzez

Hmm, definitely not counting my solo rogue kills. That kinda sucks.

Just read the notes, that's going to miss off a lot of people with the crafting nerf and people having to grind DZ now for what I'm sure will be some "must haves". It'll be less painful to grind boring pve than to suffer through the mess of the DZ getting griefed by, well, nearly everyone.

What glitch is that?

Rehabilitation proc from mask/glove (can't really remember).

When you get hit with any status effect, it'll proc and you'll keep being healed forever until you're dead. You can easily notice people who are on that effect by looking at the non-stop glowing green on the character.

Mullah88

The dz was spitting out HE drops tonight. Got about 7 HE within an hour of play (dz3-dz4) just farming short fuse, animal and zeke

Screenshot_2016-04-06-00-05-34_zpsy7mfg0jy.png

Also got my damage mitigation to 64.90%

milkham

Saw a rogue in dz06 being chased by a group by the extraction point. i thought i'd surprise him at the top of the rope but nope he just went up halfway and stayed there. couldn't aim low enough or high enough to hit him. Shot a bfb in the shaft and the explosion didn't seem to hurt him either.

Abilities should be barred from use while rogue in The Dark Zone. There really isn't a penalty for going rogue anymore. If they don't want to punish through XP and credits, abilities should be locked out.

darkwing

Abilities should be barred from use while rogue in The Dark Zone. There really isn't a penalty for going rogue anymore. If they don't want to punish through XP and credits, abilities should be locked out.

wat with the new patch, everyone will be going for lvl90

then again it's faster to gain xp being rogue lol

tosu

Neo Member
Does the health regen from rehabilitation stack for each status effect? We saw a group in the DZ throwing different grenades at each other. They went rogue on us and we could not touch them. Their health bars didnt move. We came up on them later and dropped them with ease. Im assuming they didnt have the health regen when we fought the second time.

RyanDG

I don't like the idea of abilities being locked out in the current game. Most abilities just provide too much of an advantage (to test this, see how much chaos a well placed flash bang will do in PVP when people don't have access to their skills).

What I would be okay with though is if the rogue's mini-map got scrambled and they get locked out of doing extractions.

ISOM

I don't like the idea of abilities being locked out in the current game. Most abilities just provide too much of an advantage (to test this, see how much chaos a well placed flash bang will do in PVP when people don't have access to their skills).

What I would be okay with though is if the rogue's mini-map got scrambled and they get locked out of doing extractions.

Wasn't a good portion of going rogue designed as stealing someone else's gear and extracting it? What would be the point of going rogue without extraction? Otherwise you would just be ganking players for no reason and at that point why not just build a true pvp mode.

RyanDG

Wasn't a good portion of going rogue designed as stealing someone else's gear and extracting it? What would be the point of going rogue without extraction? Otherwise you would just be ganking players for no reason and at that point why not just build a true pvp mode.

You could extract it in this case. Once you've survived your rogue timer.

Maybe it should be that they can't call the extraction.

Paertan

Crap the whining on Reddit about crafting nerf is terrible. Well at least it seems like they will all stop playing the game. Which I doubt they will actually do.
Yes crafting was nerfed. And if you want crafting to be the best way to get good gear then ok. I get that you think that sucks. I don't want that. I want crafting to be a way to get decent gear. RNG can shit on you.

It took me forever to get a High End Body Armor. So I crafted that so it didn't hold me back too much. That is how I feel it should be. Not crafting 200 of every piece of gear until you get a great roll.

So I never abused respawning bosses. I played Challenge Mode becasue that is what I think is most fun. DZ is also a lot of fun but too many hackers. And now I have a Caduceus and almost all iLVL 31 High end Gear.

I feel ready for incursion where I think I have heard the developers have said the best gear will drop.

The only things I have really crafted a lot is mods. So I can up my Firearms/Stamina/Electronics with 140 with a mod. Making it easier to use as many Weapon talents as possible. And also weapon mods to get Magazines with 100% Size and Weapon damage.

So yes I am really looking forward to this patch. just wished they would have fixed all broken talents and other exploits.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well I kill players and never pick up their stuff unless it's exotic

Reason; Fun and experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom