• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun1910

Also, what's stopping me from putting on low score gear and getting into the sub-160 bracket, then equipping my HE gear and wrecking everyone else?

The fact that its not based on what you equip.

The game calculates your highest possible gear score from everything in your backpack

erawsd

The fundamental problem is that unless gear score takes into account rolls, it's largely irrelevant to determining how well equipped a player actually is.

And thats the real problem with loot in this game. The acquisition changes are fine but all of it is totally undermined by the awful talent/stat balance and the amount of RNG on the loot. I'm all for putting in a bit more work to get HEs but I need some assurance that all that effort isnt wasted on an item that just arbitrarily has 150 less stats than it should. Every item should have a fixed stat budget, so if it is missing 100 stats then it makes up for it in another way like maybe having an extra major trait.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And thats the real problem with loot in this game. The acquisition changes are fine but all of it is totally undermined by the awful talent/stat balance and the amount of RNG on the loot. I'm all for putting in a bit more work to get HEs but I need some assurance that all that effort isnt wasted on an item that just arbitrarily has 150 less stats than it should. Every item should have a fixed stat budget, so if it is missing 100 stats then it makes up for it in another way like maybe having an extra major trait.
That would be a good way to at least even out the RNG. You still have to chase Armor or Crit Damage, but at least there's some measure of being even.

That feeling when you finally get a HE drop in the DZ, just to discover it's a performance mod.
That feeling when you finally get a good HE drop in the DZ, extract it and then you re-calibrate it but select the wrong stat. Congrats on your new mats!

Wish there was some sort of 'grace period' to cancel a recalibration.

That's a story moment right there, don't forget to tell all your friends about it. It's what the developers want.
Doing any DZ this AM (or whatever time it is in your future)?

Currently sitting at lvl 48.5 and want to hit 50 to check out those new BPs.

chogidogs

What are your thoughts on people who matchmaker for dark zone and reassign the leadership? I know it's now a big deal but own that shit, man.

Ushay

I would say you can troll a group of people with that drop, but now it's a good source of parts. Get it out and dismantle it!

Last night someone in my group said 'High end' out loud on proxy chat. Within minutes every agent within hearing distance went rogue. Was hilarious to see they only found crappy performance mods.

Deku Tree

Hamish on stream defended the crafting changes, said they wanted HE and even legendary drops to feel special so you would remember when you got them (Destiny pre-release anyone)?

Basically saying Division is not a loot game. :(

If they want that then they should create good special HE weapons, and make those rare, instead of creating HE weapons with random perks most of which are trash.

Yeah this doesn't sound like a game that I want to keep playing. DkS3 then...

Hjod

Banned
I took some time off playing some Dying Light instead, I came back and read the patch notes haha. What the fuck?

I have to admit I like the new blueprints for 75 and 90, gives me a reason to level up to 90 at least, guess it's time to grind the DZ again. Come at me rouges ;).

So beat the story missions and got to level 30. Played the daily missions is that really all there is to the endgame? I have wandered around the DZ a couple of times but it seems like that is all you do? Are there missions there or any encounters or anything? The drops in the daily missions seem to be 1000x better than the DZ but that may just be anecdotal. Am I missing anything else to do?

mintyice

Is General Assembly really the last main story mission in the game? I finally beat it last night and I'm fairly underwhelmed.

Namikaze1

Yeah i'll be on in about an hour..
yo, can I join in on this? I need to rank up some and in need of blue and green DT. Yes, you read that shit right. I at least can convert those to whatever mat I want. (I'm in desperate need of HE electronic mats). I'm good on everything else.)

M.J. Doja

Banned
Darkzone kinda boring me right now.

Does getting hit with incendiary ammo really make it so I can't shoot?

I was just on fire and unable to do anything. Either way its pretty meh soloing right now on PC. Stuck around rank 42 with little motivation to farm or gank or try to survive as rogue.

Macrotus

That's a good point that I haven't seen brought up.

The players who exploited and cheesed in the first few days who have everything and are decked out with the best possible gear remain as thus, which is fine... But the people who level slowly or only have time to play on occasion- their path to being powerful and being on par with other players just got 5x longer, essentially. This change is going to massively punish a lot of people who have been playing the game legitimately or at least, at a slower pace than others.

The more I think about it, the more obnoxious it becomes.

The gear score split in the dz won't help as much as they think it will. There's a lot of dividing lines with this crafting change, and it's going to break up the community in-game to even bigger extremes.

I couldn't agree more.

After my friend heard about this update, he said that he gives up.
I've played with him and his friends since launch. (he's a guy that doesn't want to use exploits)
And they are in the DZR50's, but they couldn't just take another 40 or so of just grinding in the DZ.
And my friend is a pretty hardcore gamer and he played since launch, but still feels this way. He's a guy who bought Dark Souls 3 Japanese version at launch and Platinum'ed it last week. A guy like that said he gives up...

I'm still going to try to continue, at least see how 1.1 is.
Maybe the assignments will balance it out by giving players enormous amount of mats or something.
But not sure if i'll be doing Incrusions though, now that my friends are going to stop playing. I know theres going to be match making, but don't feel like doing content which needs coordination via match making.

Jafku

yo, can I join in on this? I need to rank up some and in need of blue and green DT. Yes, read that shit right. I at least can convert those to whatever mat I want. (I'm in desperate need of HE electronic mats). I'm good on everything else.)

Mind if I join you guys?

I would have no problem with the crafting changes if they upped the HE drop rates. Haven't gotten a single yellow drop still; every HE item I've gotten thus far is either through crafting or through doing challenge mode. If they upped the drop rates it would make the Dark Zone a far less boring grind.

darkwing

So beat the story missions and got to level 30. Played the daily missions is that really all there is to the endgame? I have wandered around the DZ a couple of times but it seems like that is all you do? Are there missions there or any encounters or anything? The drops in the daily missions seem to be 1000x better than the DZ but that may just be anecdotal. Am I missing anything else to do?

you forgot the wonderful world of DT farming

Went 1v4 on some rogues in a fight that started in the Park, continued in the subway and ended with the last guy hunkering down near the checkpoint, hoping I didn't see him while his timer ticked away. They started it.

I'd like to give a shout out to the following MVPs:

Pulse, for being straight up OP in the Dark Zone. You put Crit Chance and Damage on a skill that gives you x-ray vision, which is also one of the most mobile skills in the game? How could I not use that?
Navy MP-5, for finally stepping up and letting me know that I need to stop crafting Vectors.
The melee rushing NPC in the subway, for setting up possibly the cleanest line of headshots on a single PvP target that I will ever have.
My duo partner, for totally not engaging at all, deciding to kill Torch instead. In his defense, he made it clear when he joined that he wanted no part of PvPing because he was so close to 50.

It's nearly time for me to finally cave in and buy the M44 blueprint. I don't need Balanced on that since it's bolt-action, right? I just want the headshot and crit stuff?

Natiko

Banned
https://mobile.twitter.com/hamishbode/status/717432008021032965

Hamish Tweeting he loves the new crafting changes. Hahahahahaha WOW
For how many things they seem to get, and all the changes they're making that are smart, how they can be so clueless on this is disappointing. I only hit level 30 half a week ago. Come next week I will be kneecapped and the grind to get higher will be unreasonable. RIP The Division, glad I hadn't bought the season pass yet.

Yeah i'll be on in about an hour..

yo, can I join in on this? I need to rank up some and in need of blue and green DT. Yes, you read that shit right. I at least can convert those to whatever mat I want. (I'm in desperate need of HE electronic mats). I'm good on everything else.)

Mind if I join you guys?

Are you guys PC? I'm hopping on in a few.

uplay: BlakStatus

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think he said he likes it cause it makes the gear and crafting feel more special :|

Yep. Which I would understand if this game had interesting and special guns (ala Destiny), but it doesn't.

UKUMI0

Anyone know anything about this?

@MarcoStyleNL: really on the fence on making a video about this sometime this week...
CfXBzEDXEAAmZpY.jpg

https://twitter.com/MarcoStyleNL/status/717692799508938752

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
"High End crafts now require 150 purples in response to you guys farming more. Stop farming. This isn't a loot game."
- Massive

quest

Not Banned from OT
Hamish on stream defended the crafting changes, said they wanted HE and even legendary drops to feel special so you would remember when you got them (Destiny pre-release anyone)?

Basically saying Division is not a loot game. :(

LMAO I will wait for the apologies from several people here. I told everyone this development team was incompetent. It looks like Jay Wilson found a new game to destroy with a horrible loot system. I am totally going to remember where that performance mod I got dropped.

Deku Tree

yeah i'm on now

Sorry I didn't respond to your invite. Was just doing a quick daily story and then logging off.

Think I'm going to step away from the game for awhile.

Yep. Which I would understand if this game had interesting and special guns (ala Destiny), but it doesn't.

Yeah feel the same way. All the guns are generic higher damage versions of other guns. And there are too many perks and abilities so that most HE guns and armor that drop are trash.

So now we are in a position where we mostly only get super rare hard to find things that are mostly trash.

So Massive thinks players will celebrate more (like people did in Destiny when their Gjallarhorn finally dropped) if HE things are more rare? Then put a Gjallarhorn and other unique special loot in the game first? In any case there will be nothing to celebrate if the size of the community tanks.

Glad I didn't buy the season pass.

Tawpgun

Wow at that dev response. Such a huge disconnect with their playerbase. And their own game.

Like others have said, crafting nerf itself is fine but not with the rest of the loot system the way it is.

They want high end gear to feel special? Like an destiny exotic drop? That's perfect. But the way their rng on loot is set up is terrible. There are so many parameters with a wide range of values.

To put it in destiny terms, it would be like if your friend got the homing, proximity explosion, Wolfpack round gally at 330 attack (like ve3tros M1A) and you got a 300 attack gally with no homing and cluster bombs (mostly useless)

The gear is even worse in terms of parameter rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom