• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the only way it would be a reset is if they took away the gear that players obtained using all of the methods you listed...

The guy at 450k dps is still going to be vastly ahead of me and my gear if not widen the gap further because he can kill much faster than I can increasing his loot/hr.

Totally agreed, I think this is what they are trying to do to help reduce the amount of players like that going forward but the damage is done.

Trigonx

So I teleported to a safe house last night after a daily mission. And on the floor of the safe house lie a dead agent, whom I then revived.

Dude then proceeded to go refill his ammo like nothing happened.

Like, at least tell me how did you die in a safe house.

When an agent teleports to a mission and falls through the map, on occasion he will be sent to the safe house in a downed state. Happened to me two times within 5 minutes trying to do a mission. Got revived both times and thanked the guys.

Avari

These changes are a kneejerk reaction to issues created by Massive and they are still recovering from it and its doing nothing but dividing the playerbase and making it more difficult for new players to enter this game.

From the 13-15 Pheonix Credits that were dropping in the first week from named enemies in the DZ to the ridiculous amounts of exploits and farming methods, people have become overgeared and stacked with materials sooner than they wanted players to be.

So Massive is basically putting down a blanket nerf to exploits and crafting and bumping up the DZ Rank requirements to get everyone to have to do the same grind and help get everyone back on the same playing field.

It really sucks we are all having to deal with these consequences because Massive fucked up and it seems like they didn't even playtest the endgame in any substantial way.

I look at this as a "reset" to the endgame and really hope it actually works.

If this is what they are trying to address I'm not sure it's possible for them to have tried a worse method. As others have said this will have minimal impact on those who are already flush with gear and components, and will disproportionately affect those who don't or who have less time to play. It will always be difficult to balance the game between "hardcore" players who have lots of playtime and those who play more casually. I think Massive will be taking a big risk if they gear the changes too much towards the hardcore to the exclusion of the more casual player who will be tempted to move on if progression gets too slow.

Got super lucky last night and had a yellow Aug, yellow Sasg, and yellow Socom drop back to back. The tension felt in extracting that was amazing lol.

Did Deej give Hamish a call or something lol? How is "too much gear" ever a bad thing. Let people have fun with the toys, jeez.

It's "too much gear" in light of how little gear and gear variety there is in the game, IMO. It's why they can't implement a D3-like system: the gear just isn't there.

Kapow

This game is just getting so insanely stale and boring at the end game. I'm DZ level 40 now and i don't think i can go on anymore. They need something more interesting like maybe an endless horde mode where there's a named boss after every round or something. It's a shame cause the game plays amazingly well imo.and i actually enjoyed the main quests too

This game is just getting so insanely stale and boring at the end game. I'm DZ level 40 now and i don't think i can go on anymore. They need something more interesting like maybe an endless horde mode where there's a named boss after every round or something. It's a shame cause the game plays amazingly well imo.and i actually enjoyed the main quests too
Incursion

Not sure if posted already, but the official twitter put up two screenshots of the upcoming Incursion

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/717722003319472128

CfXb3mgXEAI3yh5.jpg

too many shotgunners

Got super lucky last night and had a yellow Aug, yellow Sasg, and yellow Socom drop back to back. The tension felt in extracting that was amazing lol.

Despite this game's shortcomings that experience and tension is still one of the best gaming experiences of the year. My first HE drop as a young DZ agent was a Midas and extracting it solo was the most tense thing I have ever done.

Oh. A team of 8 rolling in DZ.

Time to reroll instances.

It really shouldn't be allowed, if someone leaves a group they should be entered into their own instance. Not then populate their group for an unfair advantage. This continues but crafting nerfs are more important right? I am sure many people here will complain about me saying this since tons of people use this exploit here.

Don't be proud you can survive a Manhunt or whatever because you make a group of 8 and exploit. Do it right, you'll be a better player for it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just have granadier run out there as a decoy first.

Everyone singles me out. It's not my fault.

---

The massive groups isn't an easy fix either. They want you to be able to drop group and kill your teammates if you so desire. Having dropped party members disappear right away would stop that.

It really shouldn't be allowed, if someone leaves a group they should be entered into their own instance. Not then populate their group for an unfair advantage. This continues but crafting nerfs are more important right? I am sure many people here will complain about me saying this since tons of people use this exploit here.

Don't be proud you can survive a Manhunt or whatever because you make a group of 8 and exploit. Do it right, you'll be a better player for it.

The massive groups isn't an easy fix either. They want you to be able to drop group and kill your teammates if you so desire. Having dropped party members disappear right away would stop that.
Yeah. Not an easy fix.

Leaving the dz on the fly is cowardice, and cowardice is its own form of griefing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The paid DLC will have this

Mission rewards for challenge mode are only item level 30 (which is bullshit and needs to change, should be item level 31 now and 32 after the upcoming patch), so it's not surprising that they are not good. Boss drops can however be item level 31, so those can be good.
I don't even mind that they are level 30 - I'm at a level where level 30 HE would be good...but right now, I just need anything BUT holsters to upgrade my dude. I'd be ecstatic with a level 30 HE vest or gloves, for example, as I'm still rocking level 30 purples.

cakely

This is a "feature".

Remember this ridiculously over-dramatic Dark Zone preview? Brian? What are you waiting for? Dude the clocks ticking, go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZigT9o6WU

A player can leave the group and go rogue on his former teammates (ermagahd!). A side-effect of this is that when you leave the group, you end up in the same instance. Of course it's now used as an exploit. Why wouldn't it be?

Haint

These changes are a kneejerk reaction to issues created by Massive and they are still recovering from it and its doing nothing but dividing the playerbase and making it more difficult for new players to enter this game.

From the 13-15 Pheonix Credits that were dropping in the first week from named enemies in the DZ to the ridiculous amounts of exploits and farming methods, people have become overgeared and stacked with materials sooner than they wanted players to be.

So Massive is basically putting down a blanket nerf to exploits and crafting and bumping up the DZ Rank requirements to get everyone to have to do the same grind and help get everyone back on the same playing field.

It really sucks we are all having to deal with these consequences because Massive fucked up and it seems like they didn't even playtest the endgame in any substantial way.

I look at this as a "reset" to the endgame and really hope it actually works.

I don't follow your logic. People who abused the earlier exploits are god geared from head to toe with 1000's of mats, and will just steam roll whatever content Massive gates even better gear behind. This doesn't harm them in any way. Meanwhile newer 30's have nothing but an even longer grind and more insurmountable hill. New content will also probably be balanced for the over geared exploiters on some level, which might borderline impossible for normies.

Trigonx

So what do I do when Lexington Event Center will not reset for me no matter what I do, i've logged out, quit the game, changed difficulty many times, went to different safe houses, did a different mission. Nothing is resetting it.

Iceman829

So what do I do when Lexington Event Center will not reset for me no matter what I do, i've logged out, quit the game, changed difficulty many times, went to different safe houses, did a different mission. Nothing is resetting it.

Are you matchmaking or walking up to the mission?

This is a "feature".

Remember this ridiculously over-dramatic Dark Zone preview? Brian? What are you waiting for? Dude the clocks ticking, go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZigT9o6WU

A player can leave the group and go rogue on his former teammates (ermagahd!). A side-effect of this is that when you leave the group, you end up in the same instance. Of course it's now used as an exploit. Why wouldn't it be?

Oh god. So cringey.

Cringey. But accurate.

oakenhild

I don't follow your logic. People who abused the earlier exploits are god geared from head to toe with 1000's of mats, and will just steam roll whatever content Massive gates even better gear behind. This doesn't harm them in any way. Meanwhile newer 30's have nothing but an even longer grind and more insurmountable hill. New content will also probably be balanced for the over geared exploiters on some level, which might borderline impossible for normies.

Yea, I'm hitting level 30 today. Probably not going to go much beyond that if the grind is too much to have a good time in the DZ, etc. I had my fun for 30 hours. Will come back in future patches.

Trigonx

Are you matchmaking or walking up to the mission?

I did MM, got grouped with someone with a bugged instance. And Then I did MM again, another bugged one. then i walked up to it and still nothing.

Gonna log off, take dog for a walk and hopefully when I MM again it works like normal.

Iceman829

I did MM, got grouped with someone with a bugged instance. And Then I did MM again, another bugged one. then i walked up to it and still nothing.

Gonna log off, take dog for a walk and hopefully when I MM again it works like normal.

When matchmaking "fails" for me as in the instances are bugged. I try to refresh my instance with a log out or I join and quit a friend. After that I usually start the mission solo and then switch my privacy to open. This will make you party leader as well. When I play it solo I will still select the difficulty in the map before I teleport. I'm not sure if any of this will help you, but it worked for me in the past.

I highly recommend anyone starts the mission solo/with your party and then open up the privacy. Matchmaking seems buggy at the current time. You can also remove players not playing should that happen.

Just saw your edit. Don't MM when you return. Start solo and open up privacy as I stated above. MM needs patching

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
YUUUP!
running mine at 45.8k with fierce and accurate atm. Plus the bonus effect of 174% headshot damage. :) love it!

The fact that an M1A can roll higher headshot damage than an M44 makes me question reality.

Hawk269

I wish you could share materials with your other characters or at least allow you to put crafting materials into the big chest and then access them with you other characters. I am rolling 2 characters, one of which I play exclusively with my wife, we are co-oping the entire game together so far. But I also have my other character that I play with friends and solo at times. I would love to be able to use my abundance of crafting materials for my other character.

Any word on an update that will allow this? It just does not make sense that this is not part of the sharing. I also don't like that if you have a different character, you don't get access to the Season Pass goodies for each character...was really disappointed when they dropped the latest giveaway, I ended up redeeming with my solo character thinking the one I play with my wife would also have it and that was not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom