• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, with the new update incoming, is PC worth saving up? I've got about 300 and would like to spend it if it ain't worth it (once the update comes around)

Clearly I wasn't talking about the scenario, but the dialogue and how the situations were scripted.

Half expected Brian's teammates to beg for their lives before he capped them.

"BRIAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I HAVE KIDS!!! I HAVE A WIFE! WE VISITED DENVER TOGETHER BRIAAAN NOOOO--" *blam*

Well, that's what I was getting at, it was acted out to show a scenario that could happen in-game.

Does the BoO vendor ever sell a holster HE BP or only in the DZ somewhere? It's the last equipment I need to have all HE.

My stats are still way off what other people post though. I think I am at around 110k, 69k, and 16k. I just can't craft or find weapon mods that make much of any difference. What's a nice way to increase DPS without having to lose health?

I found a Midas yesterday in the DZ, it has better talents than my Vector but hit for a little less. The clip is like 84 bullets though, its amazing. My Vector only has 35.

Kadin

Quick question, with the new update incoming, is PC worth saving up? I've got about 300 and would like to spend it if it ain't worth it (once the update comes around)
Doesn't seem like they'll have much use beyond buying the BPs in the BoO unless I missed something.

Iceman829

PC will be used to purchase the new BPs. Monopoly money will be used to buy the current BPs and to recalibrate items

Does the BoO vendor ever sell a holster HE BP or only in the DZ somewhere? It's the last equipment I need to have all HE.

My stats are still way off what other people post though. I think I am at around 110k, 69k, and 16k. I just can't craft or find weapon mods that make much of any difference. What's a nice way to increase DPS without having to lose health?

I found a Midas yesterday in the DZ, it has better talents than my Vector but hit for a little less. The clip is like 84 bullets though, its amazing. My Vector only has 35.

DZ06 Vendor.

Teaming up with randoms and actually getting shit done is such a gratifying feeling.

Until you get ambushed and destroyed by other randoms and lose faith in humanity.

Please tell me if I am playing this game right...

So, as I have previously mentioned. I got the game at release and have close to 20 hours invested.

I am only a level (almost 12) currently. In the dark zone I am level 7 or 8 I think.

So, I just go around the map and hit up encounters, echos, side missions and main story missions to level up. If I get to a point where I feel I can't progress any more (I play a lot of solo)... I hit up the dark zone and try to upgrade gear. Then head back into the game and see if my dark zone findings are enough to get me over the hump.

I have only crafted one thing to see the progress and I have yet to spend any currency (regular or darkzone) on anything...

Is this the general idea?
It would be great to get with a group that knows what the hell they are doing instead of playing the same missions over and over until I am successful.

cakely

Clearly I wasn't talking about the scenario, but the dialogue and how the situations were scripted.

Half expected Brian's teammates to beg for their lives before he capped them.

"BRIAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I HAVE KIDS!!! I HAVE A WIFE! WE VISITED DENVER TOGETHER BRIAAAN NOOOO--" *blam*

It made for a super-awkward conversation the next time that group got together to play DriveClub.

So, as I have previously mentioned. I got the game at release and have close to 20 hours invested.

I am only a level (almost 12) currently. In the dark zone I am level 7 or 8 I think.

So, I just go around the map and hit up encounters, echos, side missions and main story missions to level up. If I get to a point where I feel I can't progress any more (I play a lot of solo)... I hit up the dark zone and try to upgrade gear. Then head back into the game and see if my dark zone findings are enough to get me over the hump.

I have only crafted one thing to see the progress and I have yet to spend any currency (regular or darkzone) on anything...

It would be great to get with a group that knows what the hell they are doing instead of playing the same missions over and over until I am successful.

Yes, do any and all side quests missions etc. The real purpose of all these missions, outside of attempting to tell a story, is to get the player to level 30 and unlock all the skills so you can build your end game character. The second part of the game starts once you hit level 30.

The gear you collect between now and until you hit level 30 is just there so you can do enough damage and survive attacks to get to level 30. The gear you're really after doesn't come until after you're level 30, that being high end, power level 31 and beyond drops.

Once you hit 30 you're able participate in "Incursions," which is the end game challenge or raid. Incursion has two modes: hard and challenging. Both difficulty level requires a combination of "skill" and high level gear to endure what imagine will be hordes of high level enemies that output massive damage.

Trigonx

When matchmaking "fails" for me as in the instances are bugged. I try to refresh my instance with a log out or I join and quit a friend. After that I usually start the mission solo and then switch my privacy to open. This will make you party leader as well. When I play it solo I will still select the difficulty in the map before I teleport. I'm not sure if any of this will help you, but it worked for me in the past.

I highly recommend anyone starts the mission solo/with your party and then open up the privacy. Matchmaking seems buggy at the current time. You can also remove players not playing should that happen.

Just saw your edit. Don't MM when you return. Start solo and open up privacy as I stated above. MM needs patching

Thanks, got into a group that's working but i keep falling through the ground.

I got my HE holster from the BoO Adv Vendor. It's been a week or two now though.

Iceman829

It depends what you are trying to accomplish. If you are enjoying the way you are playing you are fine. If you would like to level up and begin end game activities my tips would be the following in the current state of the game:

Complete Main Story Missions. Just run them on normal. They grant the same xp and the goal is just beating the mission. You can also select to match make if you want to play with randoms. Try to play the mission once you are the suggested level or slightly above it.

Complete Side missions: Start with the lower level areas and work your way up. Completeing the White missions grant higher xp rewards and the select type missions grant rewards to upgrade your base.

Upon completion of the main story. Continue completing side missions to help upgrade your base and hit lvl 30.

Congrats you are max level. Now run the final story mission on hard a few times to hopefully get enough purples to replace all of those blues. You want to aim for about 60k health to be safe for challenge missions.

Run daily hard missions every day for 15 pcreds each. There are 2 and if you matchmake you will watch just about every team sprint through these.

Try running Lexington Event Center or the Lincol Tunnel Challenge Mission. Do not attempt Russian Consulate or Warren gate Power Plant on challenge as a fresh lvl 30

Challenge missions reward 30 pcreds a mission and an additional 20 (one time) if it is the current daily. You will also be giving 1 HE lvl 30 piece of armor.

Save up your pcreds and purchase something along the lines of the vector or black market ak blueprint from the special gear vendor unlocked in the tech wing.

Next week April 12th. Patch 1.1 is changing things up. You might be able to buy those blueprints with in game cash. So most likely just work on leveling up right now and check back in for the end game upgrade methods next week.

I'm sure I missed a few things, but those are the basics

Damn dude... it's just not your day

Kadin

I didn't do much with the DZ on my way to 30. I attempted it a bit but honestly I was more focused on simply getting to cap and having access to all my abilities, wings unlocked in the BoO, etc.

I don't regret passing on the DZ but it is a bit hard (especially solo for fresh 30s) with purple gear.

I'd simply do all the story missions as soon as you're on level with the next one and all your events and side missions. It doesn't sound like you're in too much a rush so continue to just take your time and enjoy it. There's a lot to see and enjoy if you want to soak it all in. There's no real 'right way' to play, it's all on the individual player depending what they want from the game.

There is a mission I was playing the other day... level 10-12 mission I think.. but not the Emporium. I kept falling thru the ground on that and could not complete it. I gave up and did encounters... but I still need to go back and do it. IS it a common bug?

I didn't do much with the DZ on my way to 30. I attempted it a bit but honestly I was more focused on simply getting to cap and having access to all my abilities, wings unlocked in the BoO, etc.

I don't regret passing on the DZ but it is a bit hard (especially solo for fresh 30s) with purple gear.

I'd simply do all the story missions as soon as you're on level with the next one and all your events and side missions. It doesn't sound like you're in too much a rush so continue to just take your time and enjoy it. There's a lot to see and enjoy if you want to soak it all in. There's no real 'right way' to play, it's all on the individual player depending what they want from the game.

Yeah.. I love playing with other people... but I get with random people and I tend to not be in good groups and just get owned.... no team work... shit like that.

Kadin

Yeah.. I love playing with other people... but I get with random people and I tend to not be in good groups and just get owned.... no team work... shit like that.
Groups in the DZ? If so, yeah that's completely 50/50 on how that'll turn out.

As to groups for stuff like story missions, I never had any issues. Well let me correct that, there were times when people were under-leveled by a good bit but we always made it through. I really like the matchmaking overall for this game, I've enjoyed most random pugs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
DPS, I got it wrong. I had a moment there where I thought I was badass, but nope, still slummin' it (have 140k dps on my vector though so not too shabby). Your shit must wreck. Is it High End?

Damn right you was wrong.

Thc1MMy.gif

Yeah High-End with Balanced, Brutal and Deady. Accuracy is 100% and headshot damage 240%.

I am confused about what to do next. I am 30 with all HE gear (picked up during the challenges, nothing special) I have purchased HE blueprints for the AK, vector and the HE magazine. I've got about 300 PC saved up

A) should u be spending those PC now, and if so what should I be buying at this point? (Mods? Equipment? Weapon attachments?)

B) or just save the PC until after the patch?

Just so I understand. If I am in the Dark Zone and extract some gear..... go back into the regular game and take it out of my stash... and say a few days later go back into the Dark Zone and get killed... do I loose what I have already extracted days earlier?

Do credits work the same way?

Trigonx

There is a mission I was playing the other day... level 10-12 mission I think.. but not the Emporium. I kept falling thru the ground on that and could not complete it. I gave up and did encounters... but I still need to go back and do it. IS it a common bug?

It happens to me like every other day. There was one mission that you go into the subway, and half of the floor never loaded for me, so i couldn't even play the mission.

Olengie

I am confused about what to do next. I am 30 with all HE gear (picked up during the challenges, nothing special) I have purchased HE blueprints for the AK, vector and the HE magazine. I've got about 300 PC saved up

A) should u be spending those PC now, and if so what should I be buying at this point? (Mods? Equipment? Weapon attachments?)

B) or just save the PC until after the patch?

C. Hoard materials

Last night my Vector DPS was 122k, this morning when logged in it was 131k, after running a hard mode it down to 123k.

Last night my AK-74 DPS was 189K, then I shot a couple of rounds and it went down to 132K and after some time it went up to 151K, which is were it's been at. Weird glitch.

Just so I understand. If I am in the Dark Zone and extract some gear..... go back into the regular game and take it out of my stash... and say a few days later go back into the Dark Zone and get killed... do I loose what I have already extracted days earlier?

Nah, the stuff you extract is yours forever. You only lose it if you're in the Dark Zone and haven't extracted. As for the Credits, I'm not sure if you're talking about DZ Credits or Phoenix Credits. DZ Credits can be lost whenever you die in the DZ, but Phoenix Credits are only yours. I've never had PC dropped after I died in the DZ.

Kadin

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dmanx/natchai_ubisoft_says_we_wont_be_disappointed/

On Natchai's live stream on Twitch just now, he said "you guys only have half the story on the crafting changes, trust me you won't be disappointed."

No idea what that means, but I hope so.
What's the logic in revealing something like they did in the patch notes, which they had to know would make people upset, and then hiding (or not disclosing) this other 'half of the story' which would make things better? I mean, are they purposely trying to piss off the community and then come back and try to make peace? Just reveal all you have to offer instead of playing these games...

Once your loot is extracted, it's yours. You can't lose it unless you dismantle it.

Every time you die in the Dark Zone, you lose some DZ xp, DZ keys (if you have any) and DZ credit. More if you die as rogue.

No. Extracted is extracted is extracted.

You lose credits on each death, though. Credits aren't extracted, though, they're just lumped into a pool like your normal cash.

Alpende

Are some of the daily missions bugged? I just tried the Time Square Relay mission and the Armherst one and they didn't start. Very annoying.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
It depends what you are trying to accomplish. If you are enjoying the way you are playing you are fine. If you would like to level up and begin end game activities my tips would be the following in the current state of the game:

Complete Main Story Missions. Just run them on normal. They grant the same xp and the goal is just beating the mission. You can also select to match make if you want to play with randoms. Try to play the mission once you are the suggested level or slightly above it.

Complete Side missions: Start with the lower level areas and work your way up. Completeing the White missions grant higher xp rewards and the select type missions grant rewards to upgrade your base.

Upon completion of the main story. Continue completing side missions to help upgrade your base and hit lvl 30.

Congrats you are max level. Now run the final story mission on hard a few times to hopefully get enough purples to replace all of those blues. You want to aim for about 60k health to be safe for challenge missions.

Run daily hard missions every day for 15 pcreds each. There are 2 and if you matchmake you will watch just about every team sprint through these.

Try running Lexington Event Center or the Lincol Tunnel Challenge Mission. Do not attempt Russian Consulate or Warren gate Power Plant on challenge as a fresh lvl 30

Challenge missions reward 30 pcreds a mission and an additional 20 (one time) if it is the current daily. You will also be giving 1 HE lvl 30 piece of armor.

Save up your pcreds and purchase something along the lines of the vector or black market ak blueprint from the special gear vendor unlocked in the tech wing.

Next week April 12th. Patch 1.1 is changing things up. You might be able to buy those blueprints with in game cash. So most likely just work on leveling up right now and check back in for the end game upgrade methods next week.

I'm sure I missed a few things, but those are the basics

Thanks for posting. I am sure that is going help alot of people. The part about watching teams sprint through them is surely true. As a fresh 30, I sit back and just try not to get downed, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom