• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Got a little busy at work so couldn't post this sooner...

Natchai on stream Re crafting: "Hold off for the 2nd half of the story. I swear you'll like it. Just cant reveal it yet"

I mean, even it's damage control, wouldn't this mean dev is listening...? They've never really given a reason to think otherwise. That's how these types of games usually get better.

Seeing alot of "I'm out". If the game aint fun for you, then you should absolutely "Be out". Plain and simple. It'd actually help from making the OT an absolute poop show for those that are actually enjoying the game, as well.

But I dont see a reason why we shouldn't at least wait and see how Massive responds to the crafting community outrage. I'm actually looking forward to see how they treat this, as it gives us a clearer picture of what we can expect from them going forward.

...Back to work

Well said Cuco.

The game is designed for PvP to be the end game. I've just resigned myself to that.
I have no doubt that the DZ level 90 stuff is going to be the new end game gear to aim for.

Yeah, the DZ (if not straight PvP) seems to be the focus of almost everything. There doesn't seem like a ton in the future if you don't like the DZ. I have mixed feelings about this; on one hand I think the DZ is a really unique, cool area with the only dynamic gameplay in the game, but on the other hand I have always felt that it's going to be an absolute nightmare to balance.

Hamish saying, "The people have too much gear now" is a welcomed mindset from a developer.

I want them to make it hard as hell to get good gear, that's what keeps me playing.

I was furious when Destiny had Xur selling the best weapons in the game every Friday, removing the desire to keep playing in the hopes of possibly getting one.

So I teleported to a safe house last night after a daily mission. And on the floor of the safe house lie a dead agent, whom I then revived.

Dude then proceeded to go refill his ammo like nothing happened.

Like, at least tell me how did you die in a safe house.

this has happened to me once also. the agent was just down not dead but he was crawling toward other agents. funny thing is that no one was reviving him. they were (4-5 agents) just surrounding him watching him... Once revived, he just left running... no thanks, nothing...

weirdos...

deadduck

If there's a way to balance it, I'm all ears.

To be fair to them, releasing the patch notes early is a good (and hard) thing to do...

Hopefully they address the concerns sooner rather than later, because everything else they mentioned I thought was great.

Axial

Exploit all you want, on your own premise as long as it don't directly grief others.
Does the same apply to people who use third party tools to increase the hitboxes of player models to gain an unfair advantage? Reverse imagesearch on some of the screens you posted earlier came up with some real shady shit. Just sayin'.

E92 M3

Did Deej give Hamish a call or something lol? How is "too much gear" ever a bad thing. Let people have fun with the toys, jeez.

cakely

I'm about to drop my thoughts on what they need to do to fix the systems in this game.

Solid post, and I'm completely with you.

It's obvious that The Division was looking to Diablo III for its loot inspiration but they missed some critical elements.

One really obvious solution would be able to re-calibrate weapons. If you could change one useless talent to something great, it would make those incredibly rare HE drops actually useful.

spyder_ur

Noob question how do you know if your yellow gear is level 30 or 31?

If you look at the weapon (side note I think you actually have to 'compare' to look at an item, unless I'm missing something), scroll down to the bottom. There will be an "Item Level" which is what people are referencing when they say 31. There will also be a level required to use the item which is 30 for all HEs.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does the same apply to people who use third party tools to increase the hitboxes of player models to gain an unfair advantage? Reverse imagesearch on some of the screens you posted earlier came up with some real shady shit. Just sayin'.

Yepp I revesed them as well, or did you accuse me of using big head cheat?

Here is what I think might be appealing about it, though really my point is that it's OK to see how it plays out:

-I don't think the crafting table literally being the end game was very appealing. I'm open to solutions where you are actually playing the content to gear up rather than spending hours at the crafting table
-I think the idea that you're not going to be able to craft anything ever is ridiculously overblown.
-I respect the fact that the company is making bold changes to the game based on data and information that we don't have, even if they go against the mindset of internet mobs
-I like the idea that people may be using different guns rather than just the blueprints that everyone has and could craft basically infinitely
-I like the other changes in the patch generally

As ever, it's going to depend on the experiences, gear and progression that they provide in this patch. I'm just saying I'm OK with seeing where it goes.

I see that. Here's why I'm having a negative response to this crafting change. I'll go down your points in order:

- I agree. I've been saying for a while that a token system where you play the game, save up and buy the things you want would be so much better.
- The problem isn't that you can't craft at all. It's that there are no announced changes to the way crafting produces results. If I still have the same chance at getting a really good roll as I currently have but have to spend double or triple the amount of materials to try it, that's the problem.
- While they may have data and information, the players have first-hand experience. We're the ones already bummed out by a bad crafting system by actually experiencing it, and we're the ones seeing the implications of this patch's changes. I don't care about what the next guy has. I care about the day or two of game time that I've put in toward crafting guns that I have, not figuratively, nothing to show for.
- I like this, too, but buffing the guns that are currently outclassed is the way to do it. Nerfing the availability of the weapons that are objectively better only creates a disparity that will seriously be felt in the Dark Zone.
- Me too. This patch was a line-for-line fix to the complaints about the game. But then they threw in this crafting change.

I'm staying optimistic as much as possible. I'm not dropping the current game that I like in fear of a change toward a game I don't, and I'm totally open to the possibility that are things we just haven't been shown that will make this change better.

But the way it was presented, plainly and on paper, is totally deserving of a negative reaction. It's an awful change as presented. And I don't think it's outlandish that people wouldn't want to participate as it currently appears.

These changes are a kneejerk reaction to issues created by Massive and they are still recovering from it and its doing nothing but dividing the playerbase and making it more difficult for new players to enter this game.

From the 13-15 Pheonix Credits that were dropping in the first week from named enemies in the DZ to the ridiculous amounts of exploits and farming methods, people have become overgeared and stacked with materials sooner than they wanted players to be.

So Massive is basically putting down a blanket nerf to exploits and crafting and bumping up the DZ Rank requirements to get everyone to have to do the same grind and help get everyone back on the same playing field.

It really sucks we are all having to deal with these consequences because Massive fucked up and it seems like they didn't even playtest the endgame in any substantial way.

I look at this as a "reset" to the endgame and really hope it actually works.

Namikaze1

That was a fun run. I personally went in a manhunt 3 times. Successfully survived the first 2. Died during the second one due to entire team being ganged up on by like 8 folks. I left my team's corpses and ran around trying to survive long enough for the to respawn and back me up. Unfortunately, I ended up running too far away from most of them. Only Jafku was close by. We ended up dying to six of them.

Got a few HE. Ended up getting a double drop once.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, the DZ (if not straight PvP) seems to be the focus of almost everything. There doesn't seem like a ton in the future if you don't like the DZ. I have mixed feelings about this; on one hand I think the DZ is a really unique, cool area with the only dynamic gameplay in the game, but on the other hand I have always felt that it's going to be an absolute nightmare to balance.

Yeah. I said my piece about how I don't want to participate in the DZ in order to play the game, but I find it absurd that there isn't a private PvE area on the map that has DZ mechanics. The map itself is lifeless and empty and there's literally no reason to walk to any location unless you are collecting the 400 cellphones or echos on the map.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Massive seems to fix major problems with knee-jerk responses.

Launch PXC farm --> blanket nerf all PXC enemy drops, regardless of difficulty.

Bulletking/Hornet/Hutch farm --> blanket nerf all aspects of crafting.

Wonder what the next nerf will be.

Axial

Yepp I revesed them as well, or did you accuse me of using big head cheat?
Hey, was just sayin.
It did open my eyes though in regards to the cheating problem with this game and how Ubi/Massive dropped the ball on anti-cheat measures, as in there is no freaking anti-cheat in this game, smh.

Hamish saying, "The people have too much gear now" is a welcomed mindset from a developer.

I want them to make it hard as hell to get good gear, that's what keeps me playing.

I was furious when Destiny had Xur selling the best weapons in the game every Friday, removing the desire to keep playing in the hopes of possibly getting one.

The problem is that they opened the floodgates on release, now they're trying to go backward and clean their mess up and it's going to fuck over people who play less by not ever letting them even come close to catching up with those that have hundreds of HE crafting materials. It's also fucking over people like myself who play a decent amount but not a ton because I'll be stuck with the same shit forever since I have HE gear but it's not that great and I don't have that many crafting materials. So if I want to get next level gear I'm going to have to farm the shit out of it.

Also, it's now even more pointless to pickup greens and blues since their crafting value has turned to shit. If anything they should have gone the other direction so picking up any item regardless of its rarity has some level of value for endgame play.

In my opinion all they should do is continue to add higher tiered items that require more crafting materials, and then increase high end drop rates to help balance out the gap between crafting and drops. As of right now I prefer D3's auction house shenanigans over liquidating shit gear from the dark zone and attempting at a perfect roll.

Alpende

I think he is wrong. A small portion of people have too much gear, people who play 1-2 hours a day don't have too much gear. People who play 5-6 hours a day have too much gear. By making it even harder to get good gear, the more 'casual' players get shafted and I think that's unfair.

Kabouter

Hey, was just sayin.
It did open my eyes though in regards to the cheating problem with this game and how Ubi/Massive dropped the ball on anti-cheat measures, as in there is no freaking anti-cheat in this game, smh.

People teleporting around the DZ has become a pretty common sight at this point, and a non-looted division tech crate an incredibly rare one due to cheaters teleporting to all the div tech locations.

Ok thanks for the replies.

So second noob question where do you get lvl 31 gear?

So far my HE's have come from me crafting stuff bought from the guy in the tech wing or had drops in challenge mode/DZ.

Dang, it seems that everytime I want to visit the Dark Zone to pick up some Division Tech I find the place picked clean. I don't seem to have much luck finding a fresh server. What do you guys usually do in that case, log out and back in?

It was like that for me too. Pretty much why I gave up entirely. I went a whole day only getting 1 HE division tech.

So far my HE's have come from me crafting stuff bought from the guy in the tech wing or had drops in challenge mode/DZ.

Random drop from 32 bosses in CM and random drop from Dark zone chests or bosses, but the best way right now to get 31 gear is to buy the blueprints with Phoenix credits and craft them.

Kabouter

Have now completed 4 different challenge dailies. Got 300 armour HE holsters each time :(

Mission rewards for challenge mode are only item level 30 (which is bullshit and needs to change, should be item level 31 now and 32 after the upcoming patch), so it's not surprising that they are not good. Boss drops can however be item level 31, so those can be good.

Alucrid

Banned

he never sold "the best" weapons though

cakely

its-not-enough-that-i-should-succeed-others-should-fail-quote-1.jpg

spyder_ur

People teleporting around the DZ has become a pretty common sight at this point, and a non-looted division tech crate an incredibly rare one due to cheaters teleporting to all the div tech locations.

It was like that for me too. Pretty much why I gave up entirely. I went a whole day only getting 1 HE division tech.

Scavenging helps alot, but yeah I basically have to get a fresh instance to have any chance at the crates. I cannot for the life of me figure out the respawn pattern or timing on them. I think part of it is that players and groups have gotten so damn efficient with their farming routines.

I found a couple of Blue & Yellow boxes outside that map that leads me to believe there were, or will be missions in those areas.

I can't remember what the yellow one said, but it was human sized. The blue ones said CLUE PLACEHOLDER. I also found a bunch of building that you could enter, but had no interior and a sewer that let you get underneath the map. I'll post some pictures tonight.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the blue and yellow boxes brought up the INTERACT prompt.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hey, was just sayin.

Yeah, if anything that shit on that site should be easy for them to find out and detect

Serick

Married Member
These changes are a kneejerk reaction to issues created by Massive and they are still recovering from it and its doing nothing but dividing the playerbase and making it more difficult for new players to enter this game.

From the 13-15 Pheonix Credits that were dropping in the first week from named enemies in the DZ to the ridiculous amounts of exploits and farming methods, people have become overgeared and stacked with materials sooner than they wanted players to be.

So Massive is basically putting down a blanket nerf to exploits and crafting and bumping up the DZ Rank requirements to get everyone to have to do the same grind and help get everyone back on the same playing field.

It really sucks we are all having to deal with these consequences because Massive fucked up and it seems like they didn't even playtest the endgame in any substantial way.

I look at this as a "reset" to the endgame and really hope it actually works.

Except the only way it would be a reset is if they took away the gear that players obtained using all of the methods you listed...

The guy at 450k dps is still going to be vastly ahead of me and my gear if not widen the gap further because he can kill much faster than I can increasing his loot/hr.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

After the patch, grind to level 40 in the dark zone. It's the only way to complete a level 31 set without relying on drops.

I guess Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker were just complete trash then
He sold Gjallarhorn once at the beginning and then once right before they nerfed it a year later. Bungie may deny it, but it's clear they purposefully made it so that he never sold the Gjallarhorn.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
New blueprints every week.

Wow I can't wait to not have the materials for them.

🎉

vctor182

huh... I just realized that since I have the Paul Rhodes glitch I can't convert Division Tech to any other materials, not to mention not having access to the Recalibration station, extra 10 inventory spaces. I guess I'm gonna be done with this game next week, good thing I didn't bought the season pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom