• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Groups of 4+ people running armor and health regen exploit in DZ is getting pretty old. I engage from a distance when I see manhunts, drop M44 on them and watch others engage. When their health doesn't budge, I log out. This game is so buggy and exploitable. Can't imagine what it must be like on PC with hacking thrown in the mix.

Scavenging helps alot, but yeah I basically have to get a fresh instance to have any chance at the crates. I cannot for the life of me figure out the respawn pattern or timing on them. I think part of it is that players and groups have gotten so damn efficient with their farming routines.

I think that's exactly what it is.

I have 181% scavenging when I'm hunting crates. It doesn't help.

theWB27

Get attacked by rogues, flip my specials and my controller disconnects.

Except my controller doesn't turn off and I'm left shooting at the ground in circles. My controller does this multiple times a day. That legit got me heated.

Paertan

Except my controller doesn't turn off and I'm left shooting at the ground in circles. My controller does this multiple times a day. That legit got me heated.

Meanwhile the Rogues are going "wtf is he doing?"

Am I the only one that rarely (If ever) uses consumables and special ammo? I forget I even have them most of the time. I think some of it is how cumbersome it can be on console to select them but I also don't feel like they help all that much when I have used them. Last time I used the water to up my damage the NPC sat in cover for like 10-15 secs and I don't think I even got to benefit from it.

Am I missing the boat on this or do other people ignore them as well?

Pixels

Am I the only one that rarely (If ever) uses consumables and special ammo? I forget I even have them most of the time. I think some of it is how cumbersome it can be on console to select them but I also don't feel like they help all that much when I have used them. Last time I used the water to up my damage the NPC sat in cover for like 10-15 secs and I don't think I even got to benefit from it.

Am I missing the boat on this or do other people ignore them as well?

Same, I always forget they're there.

Horohoro

Thats base. Total is 1600%

scrub

Sounds like we are running similar setups base on my m1a is 174%.
My total headshot damage with gear is pretty high haven't stopped to calculate exactly but I have multiple gears set with high headshot/crit damage... what kind of damage output are doing on a single headshot?
With my health and skill down pretty low between mods and gear I can hit near 300k on single headshot. probably more but idk... thats just from one time i kinda paid attention to that lol.

I find water + incendiary bullets to be incredibly good against named bosses in hard/challening dailies.
Soooo much this. and they are easy to come by I use them all the time in the dz too.

bjaelke

1. Assignments will hand out crafting mats.
2. Crafting mats can be purchased for currency.
3. Green and Blue items will drop more often.

Calling it now.

Already said that crafting assignments will give division tech. Phoenix Credit and Dark Zone(?) credit for the other two.

Kabouter

Already said that crafting assignments will give division tech. Phoenix Credit and Dark Zone(?) credit for the other two.

PC changes are bizarre to me, you have more ways to gain them (and gain them faster from 31/32 bosses) and less to spend them on.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Damn right you was wrong.

Thc1MMy.gif

Yeah High-End with Balanced, Brutal and Deady. Accuracy is 100% and headshot damage 240%.

There you go, just waving your high end dick around.

6935a8552e.gif

theWB27

Oh my. Just liked boomerang at the gas Depot and he dropped a classic M1A for me. First extraction point people went rogue and I high tailed it out.

Came up on an extraction that was landing as soon as I got there. Thanks DZ..I'm don't for today.

35k damage.
Harmful has a 13% chance to bleed.
Ferocious is 13% against elite and named.
Provident says the last bullet deals 56% more damage.

16% head shot damage on the 15x scope.
Muzzle is +30% crit hit damage.
Mag +13% damage.

I feel good about that.

madmackem

So last night our group killed the boss that's in the pit in DZ06 a random non hostile kept taking pot shots at the boss and kept hiding he was waiting for us to kill it so he could get his loot. Well we killed him grabbed our loot then the dude went in for his loot and he just stood there for a bit so I got a feeling he might of gotten something good. I went rogue and killed him and he dropped a First Wave M1A Lol! I couldn't have ran any faster to the extraction my hands were sweaty while waiting for the helicopter to show up. :D.
You dirty rat haha, I feelz when I see single players roaming the dz, often offer them to join our squads etc as it must suck to be out there on you're own.

PC changes are bizarre to me, you have more ways to gain them (and gain them faster from 31/32 bosses) and less to spend them on.

Agreed.

The intended effect is to create more than one bottleneck for each end goal the player has in mind. Buy the blueprint for DZ credit, build the piece with crafting mats, re-tool the piece with credits.

Now that they've reduced the role of PC into that mix, it's bound to impact desire to run CMs and Hard dailies. Especially once 31s and 32s in the DZ start dropping it much more rapidly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
One stacks the base pulse crit while the other its pure % of the pulse crit

I.E Pulse CHD = 30%(base) + 9% = 39%
Pulse CHDB = 30% * 2.5% = whatever

Thank you.

Sounds like we are running similar setups base on my m1a is 174%.
My total headshot damage with gear is pretty high haven't stopped to calculate exactly but I have multiple gears set with high headshot/crit damage... what kind of damage output are doing on a single headshot?
With my health and skill down pretty low between mods and gear I can hit near 300k on single headshot. probably more but idk... thats just from one time i kinda paid attention to that lol.

345,000 its coming out to.

There you go, just waving your high end dick around.

6935a8552e.gif

giphy.gif

Running with pretty mediocre HE level 30 gear aside from the VECTOR. Wondering if anyone has tips on how to get any of the following (or if I'm best off just grinding Challenging Dailies?):
1 - HE vest w/ mod slot
2 - HE gloves w/ mod slot
3 - HE sniper rifle (ideally the kind that can go through quite a few shots before a reload)

...feeling like those slots are really holding me back currently.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Reading that just depressed me. Why the fuck do we want to do this kind of shit? When did games not become fun!?@!

Players will always find the most efficient way to get ahead. It may not be the most exciting, but they will find the most efficient.

i.e. vanilla D3 pot farming

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ts_the_difference_between_pulse_critical_hit/

Do I wast the PXC to buy the new attribute and see if its better? Who is right lol.

Has it replaced the M44 for your DZ sniper, or is that thing still a beast?

I tried it on some bambi's last night who were rogue so getting good shots wasn't ideal since they were running down the road but body shots were taking there health down to nearly zero with 3-5 shots. I need to test out a headshot with explosive rounds and what a crit headshot does.

Iceman829

Running with pretty mediocre HE level 30 gear aside from the VECTOR. Wondering if anyone has tips on how to get any of the following (or if I'm best off just grinding Challenging Dailies?):
1 - HE vest w/ mod slot
3 - HE sniper rifle (ideally the kind that can go through quite a few shots before a reload)

1. DZ06 vendor sells Vest BPs, but you need to be rank 50 DZ. Also, complete random lucky DZ or PvE named boss drops said item
2. Don't believe gloves have mod slots
3. Random drop off PvE/DZ named bosses or crafting the Tenebrae from DZ06. I think the BoO vendor sells a police MK17, but it's not great. I also don't use the Tenebrae either. DZ06 sells the 5 round bolt action M44 sniper as well.

edit. I clicked post when I went to switch windows while at work :p

Deku Tree

Kinda Crazy IMO that Massive is completely re-doing how the "economy" in Division works just a mere one month out. Makes you wonder how long the new economy will last. As usual it's probably best to be a horder of all collectable stuff in the game to be prepared for the next nerf.

1 - HE vest w/ mod slot

1 - You can grind CMs (Challenge Mode missions) or you can try re-calibrating a major attribute to get a mod slot. You can also get 2 slots, and I've heard but not seen 3-slot chest pieces.
2 - Gloves can't get mod slots.
3 - For semi-auto types, it's drop only. Bosses of CMs, yellow guys in the Dark Zone. You can scoop up the blueprint for a named semi-auto called the Tenebrae, but you have to be DZ rank 50 to buy it. It's also not that good. You can also get an M44 blueprint, but it's bolt-action. (It rocks still, but better for PvP than PvE.)

1. DZ06 vendor sells Vest BPs, but you need to be rank 50 DZ. Also, complete random lucky DZ or PvE named boss drops said item
I'm level 19 DZ - would you recommend I shift focus from dailies for Phoenix Credits/Challenging for PC + high-end drop to instead focus on leveling up the Dark Zone?

Kinda Crazy IMO that Massive is completely re-doing how the "economy" in Division works just a mere one month out. Makes you wonder how long the new economy will last. As usual it's probably best to be a horder of all collectable stuff in the game to be prepared for the next nerf.

The game isn't designed to last longer than the 3rd dlc, that's not how Ubi games work.

TsuWave

i've got an extended mag with rate of fire and one with critical damage, both around 102% magazine size, i thought the critical damage one was the obvious choice but the rate of fire gets my dps up, which one is best/should i go for?

my crit damage without the mag with crit damage is 120% with it goes up to 155% my dps with it is 141K. with the rate of fire mag its 151K

my crit hit chance is at 50% with my primary

1 - You can grind CMs (Challenge Mode missions) or you can try re-calibrating a major attribute to get a mod slot. You can also get 2 slots, and I've heard but not seen 3-slot chest pieces.
3 - For semi-auto types, it's drop only. Bosses of CMs, yellow guys in the Dark Zone. You can scoop up the blueprint for a named semi-auto called the Tenebrae, but you have to be DZ rank 50 to buy it. It's also not that good. You can also get an M44 blueprint, but it's bolt-action. (It rocks still, but better for PvP than PvE.)
The problem is I don't even have a HE chest piece yet...still rolling with a pretty mediocre level 30 purple. Challenge missions have only been dropping holsters for me (I guess bad luck). Thanks for all of these other tips, particularly on the sniper rifle...great to know it's more of a drop situation and I shouldn't be hoarding to eventually buy a non-existent or mediocre one.

derwalde

i've got an extended mag with rate of fire and one with critical damage, both around 102% magazine size, i thought the critical damage one was the obvious choice but the rate of fire gets my dps up, which one is best/should i go for?

my crit damage without the mag with crit damage is 120% with it goes up to 155% my dps with is is 141K. with the rate of fire mag its 151K

Crit dmg imo.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

my crit damage without the mag with crit damage is 120% with it goes up to 155% my dps with is is 141K. with the rate of fire mag its 151K

What numbers do you get in the gun range? I was running with crit damage on my MP5 until last night when I got an extended mag with high fire rate and even though crit damage is down I feel it takes down enemies quicker.

For me these are the numbers. Now the higher RPM might be lower by 4,000 but due to the speed its gonna put same bullets into the target but quicker.

999 RPM is 38,000 at 10 seconds to empty 64 clip = 2,432,000
Crit Damage is 42,000 at 13 seconds to empty 61 clip = 2,562,000

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Do you have a wireless router? If so, is it located near your PS4?

What gun are you using?

I was in the same boat as you, nearly the exact same. I found that Crit Dmg helped the Vector more because it has such a small clip. ROF makes the Navy MP5 an absolute monster, bringing its rate to 1000. Clearing a clip of 60 in seconds when approx. half of your shots are critting is insane, and it feels like a better average than critting harder over a longer period of time.

The problem is I don't even have a HE chest piece yet...still rolling with a pretty mediocre level 30 purple. Challenge missions have only been dropping holsters for me (I guess bad luck). Thanks for all of these other tips, particularly on the sniper rifle...great to know it's more of a drop situation and I shouldn't be hoarding to eventually buy a non-existent or mediocre one.

I'd say to grind CMs for it. It's all luck and RNG, baby. I got my chest piece from there, so it's level 30, not item level 31, but it has the things I want on it so I haven't bothered rolling the 31 version. Specifically, it's got a mod slot and the +armor major.

shermas

Have you guys lost a gun when you had more than one version of the same weapon? I had two Vectors in my inventory (one had a slightly better roll, one had more stability) and I was messing around with my primary and secondary weapons.

After I stopped equipping different secondaries, one of my Vectors was gone. The one with the higher DPS and better talents seems to have just vanished.

Have you guys lost a gun when you had more than one version of the same weapon? I had two Vectors in my inventory (one had a slightly better roll, one had more stability) and I was messing around with my primary and secondary weapons.

After I stopped equipping different secondaries, one of my Vectors was gone. The one with the higher DPS and better talents seems to have just vanished.
Well, Hammish did say we have too much gear...

TsuWave

What numbers do you get in the gun range? I was running with crit damage on my MP5 until last night when I got an extended mag with high fire rate and even though crit damage is down I feel it takes down enemies quicker.

silly me, i haven't ran those tests yet but from killing ads in the DZ i also feel i'm melting enemies quicker with the rate of fire mag

i'm thinking its cause i'm dealing a bunch of damage in a shorter amount of time (50% crit hit chance with over 1K rpm) and it overcomes the 35% difference in crit hit damage

Iceman829

I tried it on some bambi's last night who were rogue so getting good shots wasn't ideal since they were running down the road but body shots were taking there health down to nearly zero with 3-5 shots. I need to test out a headshot with explosive rounds and what a crit headshot does.

RIP that poor test subject

Best I've crafted has been 2 mod slots. I'm not even sure I would personally want a 3 mod slot unless I had some awesome mods to equip on it.

I'm level 19 DZ - would you recommend I shift focus from dailies for Phoenix Credits/Challenging for PC + high-end drop to instead focus on leveling up the Dark Zone?

Sorry I got cut off earlier. If you are only DZ19 I wouldn't abandon leveling up. Mainly because with the incoming patch you may soon be able to buy a Vest from the DZ at a rank lower than 50 (possibly - who knows how the gear will be spread in the reallocation). It's really hard to say you should do "x" this close to a major economy change patch. If you can run CMs quickly it will give you a chance a various HE drops, but nothing is a 100% guarantee in this game.

TsuWave

What gun are you using?

I was in the same boat as you, nearly the exact same. I found that Crit Dmg helped the Vector more because it has such a small clip. ROF makes the Navy MP5 an absolute monster, bringing its rate to 1000. Clearing a clip of 60 in seconds when approx. half of your shots are critting is insane, and it feels like a better average than critting harder over a longer period of time.

yeah i'm running mp5 and those are the same conclusions i've reached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom