• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Why would anyone Trade anything if your desperate for crafting materials?

Why wouldn't I? Over the course of a week I play with the same 8-10 people. If I don't need said item or gear for my builds I would gladly help out a friend. If they are stronger, I am stronger making our future times playing together better. I've had people willing to kill themselves in the DZ to pass a HE they didn't want to other people.

Just beat CM in <20 minutes with a bunch of randoms using remote play on my Macbook Pro Retina. Life is good.

Focus on shotgunners, snipers, and heavies and don't rush out to revive the fool who got barbecued with grenades are my simple go to tips for any challenging mission. Not that you need any tips from the sound of it.

Even with these full-proof survivability options along with "do the flanking and don't be flanked" the missions remain fun.

The only issue I have is when I'm with a group who runs past the first couple parts on Lincoln Tunnel. The enemies simply come up behind you making the third part harder. I instantly remove myself from any group doing this.

Is there a limit to how many times you can grind the daily "challenging" mission?

Does it make more sense to grind the Challenging Mission or mess around the Dark Zone with randoms?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dont use the Mobile Cover on the second roof elevator on Lexington before the wave after getting Ramos.

Shit happens.

Is there a limit to how many times you can grind the daily "challenging" mission?

Does it make more sense to grind the Challenging Mission or mess around the Dark Zone with randoms?

Nope. You get 30 PXC and a HE item at each completion. Doesn't just have to be the daily though. Lexington Event Center, Lincoln tunnel, Watergate, and Russian Consulate can all be run indefinitely for credits.

Deception

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. Challenging missions give at least 30 PC per run plus one guaranteed HE gear item and can be done in 15-35 mins depending on how good your team is. So if you are looking for PC and HE items do that.
Dark zone is getting a lot of changes with the new patch so if your not yet at lvl 50, try that to get as high of a level as you can when the changes take effect.

No limit, and honestly this is how I have gotten most of my good gear (with a bit of recalibration) compared to crafting or even the DZ. Hence why I don't think the new crafting changes are that big a deal especially without knowing everything about the upcoming changes regarding currency for other items/recalibration, etc. It just seems like a cycle with these types of character building/loot games that folks always believe the developer is always wrong and up to no good, want the best in the game and an easy way to acquire it.

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. Challenging missions give at least 30 PC per run plus one guaranteed HE gear item and can be done in 15-35 mins depending on how good your team is. So if you are looking for PC and HE items do that.
Dark zone is getting a lot of changes with the new patch so if your not yet at lvl 50, try that to get as high of a level as you can when the changes take effect.

Here's where I'm at now. In your opinion, I should work on leveling up in the Dark Zone then? DZ level 16.

12888529_1722388141371523_4548259304125307244_o.jpg

Here's where I'm at now. In your opinion, I should work on leveling up in the Dark Zone then? Dax level 16.

12888529_1722388141371523_4548259304125307244_o.jpg

I would do challenging missions until you had a full gold set that fit your skills and talents decently. Not perfect but at least making some sense with your build.

That said, don't be afraid of the DZ as a lot of the stories you hear are greatly exaggerated and/or isolated cases to some extent. Get to 30 so you can buy gear/weapon mods from the DZ vendors and then go for 50. Run with a group, matchmaking or friends, put on gear with bonus XP gains for kills, and earn XP for each group kill in DZ.

I would do challenging missions until you had a full gold set that fit your skills and talents decently. Not perfect but at least making some sense with your build.

That said, don't be afraid of the DZ as a lot of the stories you hear are greatly exaggerated and/or isolated cases to some extent. Get to 30 so you can buy gear/weapon mods from the DZ vendors and then go for 50. Run with a group, matchmaking or friends, put on gear with bonus XP gains for kills, and earn XP for each group kill in DZ.

Hanks for the input. Yeah, my goal was to try for an all HE build, then build around it. Obviously, you can see I want to try for a more damage/health build.

I've had my own ups and downs with the Dark Zone. Going solo isn't an option. I get rogue killed every time. 100% ratio. I've played a lot of DZ with randoms, but a group of 4 is key. Less than that and the odds of being hunted goes up. Just my personal experience.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Do they just glitch through the door or what?
edit: Oh I see where you are now. You skipped the dialogue and the mobs ended up spawning on you. So the elevator doesn't activate till that door opens?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do they just glitch through the door or what?
edit: Oh I see where you are now. You skipped the dialogue and the mobs ended up spawning on you. So the elevator doesn't activate till that door opens?

Yeah thought we could rush it up since Ramos is so fucking slow. We also glitched the exit and back through see if could activate the computer but that door which the computer opens we couldn't get through.

Why wouldn't I? Over the course of a week I play with the same 8-10 people. If I don't need said item or gear for my builds I would gladly help out a friend. If they are stronger, I am stronger making our future times playing together better. I've had people willing to kill themselves in the DZ to pass a HE they didn't want to other people.

* Wink *

Hey I offered that extra Midas up and nobody wanted it hah. Would gladly have traded it no doubt about it. It's a co-op game, as you noted the more my buddies and I have collectively the better!

Im guessing you can just start deconstructing all your yellow non used gear and weapons before the patch?

as they will be nerfing the amount of crafting materials you get by deconstructing.

Iceman829

Yeah thought we could rush it up since Ramos is so fucking slow. We also glitched the exit and back through see if could activate the computer but that door which the computer opens we couldn't get through.

When we ran lexington yesterday I was up at the boss platform and downed the 2 snipers and she was talking on the stage with her 2 heavy gunner bodyguards. I couldn't figure out if she was glitched or not and then she ran off. I guess I never noticed she started downstairs since I usually stock up on ammo.

* Wink *

Hey I offered that extra Midas up and nobody wanted it hah. Would gladly have traded it no doubt about it. It's a co-op game, as you noted the more my buddies and I have collectively the better!

I appreciate it. I honestly need to make a 3rd character this weekend to store all these items overflowing in my main characters inventory. I might need to do it earlier if DZ/ CMs drop anything of use

Mentok

Banned
I was always pretty high on the SRS. I know HE M1A is end game stuff, but in terms of the bolt actions I had a purple SRS that I really liked before upgrading to the m44. Hopefully I can get a nice SRS to drop to try it out.

A skill build might have lower base DPS numbers, but it draws it's strength from the skills abilities. They are more powerful, refresh quicker and last longer than non skill builds. You can also put a self heal on the build and with the right talent you can refresh your cool downs instantly by healing the team

The SRS I have is pretty beast. It has 46% increase chance of crit on 1st shot, increase damage on headshots (forget the &=%, but it's up there) and kills decrease cooldown of skills by almost 10%. I was always an M44 guy, but this changed me. All I need left is an HE pistol and then I'm all golden.

Iceman829

The SRS I have is pretty beast. It has 46% increase chance of crit on 1st shot, increase damage on headshots (forget the &=%, but it's up there) and kills decrease cooldown of skills by almost 10%. I was always an M44 guy, but this changed me. All I need left is an HE pistol and then I'm all golden.

My preference is the M1911. I crafted a few until I got one with Brutal. Only issue is the small clip size

bati

Manhunts can be amazingly fun. I've just survived one where 15 people chased me, it was crazy. My team couldn't help much because they're all undergeared but they did cause some chaos in the back lines when they respawned and flanked from behind. I probably took down about 10 players while running before someone in the pursuit group went rogue by accident and they all turned on eachother. The best part was that I managed to steal a high end M1A from a clan group when we killed them at extraction (they were actually pretty good, rinsed us two times when we went rogue before this last incident). I don't know if this was the cause of their relentless pursuit (the gun was shit, maybe they didn't check the talents, lol) or maybe they were just starved for some pvp action like most high level and geared players but they were on me like fricking bloodhounds. Emps, sticky bombs, all kinds of grenades, consumables, Survivor Link to close the distance, coordinated flanking, it was crazy. Crazy awesome!

I love DZ.

ch4fx_

WHAT IF...

tomorrows crafting pt2 announcement is that we get to pick some of (if not all of) the rolls on our guns & gear.

lol

jbortz78

This weekend I'll have enough PC to buy the vector blueprint, is IT still a great gun or should i buy anything else?
Running with purple aug and FW m1a, and purple gear with stats 95k dps/ 58k health / 14k skill.

bati

Vector is still great. Make sure you also get the scope (vector takes large optics), magazine and muzzle brake BPs, they all fit on a vector. Handstop from the BoO doesn't fit on vector if I remember correctly so you can save that for last. Also grab mask, gloves and backpack blueprints.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You guys gotta get on our server its empty at the moment.

WHAT IF...

tomorrows crafting pt2 announcement is that we get to pick some of (if not all of) the rolls on our guns & gear.

lol

Was just talking about that how theres a Weapons desk but you cant do anything at it.

so who are converting all your green Div tech, blue green crafting materials to HE crafting stuff before the Patch?

the crafting nerf will make everything cost more no ?

MikeyMike

so who are converting all your green Div tech, blue green crafting materials to HE crafting stuff before the Patch?

the crafting nerf will make everything cost more no ?

I was hoping you would be able to craft gold Div Tech from those but I doubt it will happen now... you should probably convert them.

LifEndz

Has anything been said of doing something to improve the matchmaking? I get home from work around 7pm est and have had no luck matchmaking into a game for a daily or challenge mode mission.

EL CUCO

Has anything been said of doing something to improve the matchmaking? I get home from work around 7pm est and have had no luck matchmaking into a game for a daily or challenge mode mission.
That's about the time I get home from work and haven't had any problems having randoms join my games or finding sessions to join. Make sure your privacy is set to open?

LifEndz

That's about the time I get home from work and haven't had any problems having randoms join my games or finding sessions to join. Make sure your privacy is set to open?

Are you talking about an in game setting or system based? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Yeah, I just went through pretty much all the privacy options on the PS4 and looked for anything that was privacy related in-game and found nothing that would appear to affect what I'm talking about.

EL CUCO

Are you talking about an in game setting or system based? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Yeah, I just went through pretty much all the privacy options on the PS4 and looked for anything that was privacy related in-game and found nothing that would appear to affect what I'm talking about.
Yeah in game, in the group management section. You hit the privacy key and select from open group, friends only, and private group.

Whenever I forget to set it to open nobody joins my game. Sorry if not much help :/

Regginator

i seem to be having this very annoying glitch where the stats in your inventory don't apply automatically. anyone having this too?

it's like, when you want to compare which gear is better and look at the numbers, sometimes the numbers are green or red for better or worse aspect respectively, obviously, but when i cycle between two different gear sets, both times it'll say the same amount of green stat regardless of which one it actually applies with.

when i log off and on again it'll work normally for a few minutes and then it goes to crap again. it makes comparing loot extremely annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom