• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP that poor test subject

Best I've crafted has been 2 mod slots. I'm not even sure I would personally want a 3 mod slot unless I had some awesome mods to equip on it.

Sorry I got cut off earlier. If you are only DZ19 I wouldn't abandon leveling up. Mainly because with the incoming patch you may soon be able to buy a Vest from the DZ at a rank lower than 50 (possibly - who knows how the gear will be spread in the reallocation). It's really hard to say you should do "x" this close to a major economy change patch. If you can run CMs quickly it will give you a chance a various HE drops, but nothing is a 100% guarantee in this game.
Thanks! I'll probably stick to Challenge Missions with friends hoping for some HE drops that I'm lacking (vest/gloves/sniper rifle), but knowing that at worst, I'll be earning some Phoenix credits. When I need a break from that grind, I'll head to the Dark Zone, just trying to level to 30 (what seems like the next point at which I can buy some decent DZ items).

Dunfisch

Man, trying to get somewhere in the DZ, but I'm mostly running Solo and just getting fucked over by gank squads. Can't really outgun 3 people at once. And afterwards another solo guy was like 200 meters away and tele'd like right in front of me, followed up by what seems to be the super high ROF sniper hack.

Getting real tired of that shit :/ . Hurts losing out DZ experience that way. It really, *really* shouldn't be based on your total DZ exp ever gained, even at just 34 I have to kill like 6-8 guys to get back to where I was. Die a few times, and it's pretty much "Hey! You de-levelled, lol.". Being a player who hasn' gone rogue yet, ever,
the patch where Rogues got their punishments reduced like crazy hurts me :( .

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
About 5 feet away

Btw...is that don't die glitch in x1? I'm sure I just ran into some folks who couldn't be touched.

Edit- nm...they dropped

7 of us couldn't kill 3 last night on XB1. They sent a message before hand daring us to kill them and they would beat us. Well after like 20 minutes they got 2 in my group then the others kinda gave up and let them kill them because it became boring. It was obvious they were cheating.

Iceman829

10/11 is horde day.

If they have it in

I can't wait till the 18th. I won't have to work late anymore and can relax with some gears in the evening.

I also hope they bring horde back with some new changes. It was a fun mode, but sadly most of my friends were pvp players. So I stuck to chainsawing people in half and getting hate mail all night

Iceman829

My birthday is Oct 11th. The Coalition cares. :3

Yay!

7 of us couldn't kill 3 last night on XB1. They sent a message before hand daring us to kill them and they would beat us. Well after like 20 minutes they got 2 in my group then the others kinda gave up and let them kill them because it became boring. It was obvious they were cheating.

Yea that's something worse than what I messaged you about earlier. I've heard about this, but no one I know can replicate it.

theWB27

I can't wait till the 18th. I won't have to work late anymore and can relax with some gears in the evening.

I also hope they bring horde back with some new changes. It was a fun mode, but sadly most of my friends were pvp players. So I stuck to chainsawing people in half and getting hate mail all night

That's all my buddies are looking forward to is horde. We're still going on gears 3.

Yea wes...I know it's to know a developer cares.

Ve3tro....they're cheating. Ran into them again and they aren't even taking cover. Something has to wear off cause idk how we took them down last time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That's all my buddies are looking forward to is horde. We're still going on gears 3.

Yea wes...I know it's to know a developer cares.

Ve3tro....they're cheating. Ran into them again and they aren't even taking cover. Something has to wear off cause idk how we took them down last time.

Whats their names? I got the ones from last night here.

120v

god i feel so stupid. i thought for some lame reason i could only convert mats into HE mats (which are worthless to me right now) because i couldn't scroll down on the menu... turns out you need to click on the column then scroll down. i had like 1000s of greens to convert lol

well, at least i figured it out before the patch

Iceman829

god i feel so stupid. i thought for some lame reason i could only convert mats into HE mats (which are worthless to me right now) because i couldn't scroll down on the menu... turns out you need to click on the column then scroll down. i had like 1000s of greens to convert lol

well, at least i figured it out before the patch

If you aren't aware you can hold down the craft button and tap the back out button to upcraft your materials the quickest. Push A and tap B on xbox, I believe push X and tap O on ps4 (a bit rusty with that controller).

Who drops a HE M1A?

Ve3tro does. Let the manhunt begin!

DZ drop, Possible Russian Embassy (Hornet), Possible Lexington Event Center (Larae Barrett). That was the list from earlier I believe

edit. Thanks Death. Wasn't aware of the PA boss dropping it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well, Hammish did say we have too much gear...

They should probably just do a full character wipe and make everyone start over again.

"Introduction Division Seasons™!! You will now get the experience to see your character grow all over again*. With Division Seasons™ you'll keep your characters appearance and all cosmetic items, but your gear and stats will be returned to the beginning. Fight through Brooklyn again starting this Tuesday with the 1.1 patch. "

*character reset is mandatory. stop exploit farming

soultron

Banned
Additional crafting news incoming tomorrow.

holdontoyourbutts.jpeg

Oh. I'm still sticking to my earlier theory/theories that we're not getting the full lode of information on this one.

Some thoughts on the crafting changes:

• You can now trade items in groups, meaning I could give you X amount of items. I can also give you a sweet item that RNG shone his holy light upon me with, while giving you nothing. You could keep this sweet item or break 'em down for crafting mats. This is something that does need balancing, which to me explains why crafting higher tier mat requirements were increased.
  • Drop rates and loot tables might be tweaked without it being listed on the patch notes.
  • Being able to recalibrate with normal credits might mean re-rolling HE items (not weapons though) will be doable instead of just deconstructing and crafting again.
  • Maybe this is a hilarious way of "rebalancing the economy" by slowly destroying all the excess parts/mats for the top 5% of players who exploited the heck out of BK and CM when they were viable.
    At the expense of everyone else!

Not sure. I think the message attempting to be sent here is that crafting is being reduced as an endgame min/max avenue, and more ways (item trading, reg credits to reroll, etc.) to getting better gear are being introduced.

It's pretty short-sighted to look at just the numbers for crafting better mats. You need to think bigger picture and actually play the new patch to see how it gets better or worse, in my opinion.

If it doesn't work well, I'm sure more changes and rebalancing will occur for 1.2

another noob question:

at the advanced weapons vendor seems like around 5pm he restocks with different purple items..but the 2 yellow ones ALWAYS stay the same.. is it glitched?? Am i supposed to buy something so another takes its place??

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Someone mention me?

OYhyisp.gif

Ryhian

Anyone up for some DZ xp/dtech farming? I haven't played much in DZ so only rank 14. Just not wanting to do it solo if possible.

I'm on PS4 : Ryhian is PSN.

Kabouter

Oh. I'm still sticking to my earlier theory/theories that we're not getting the full lode of information on this one.

The respec one is weird though, it's not like anyone optimizing by respecing high-end gear was likely to be particularly short on PC.

Main thing needed is rebalancing of talents to be honest, if they balance those properly, almost any HE drop that isn't a performance mod could be useful.

soultron

Banned
The respec one is weird though, it's not like anyone optimizing by respecing high-end gear was likely to be particularly short on PC.

Main thing needed is rebalancing of talents to be honest, if they balance those properly, almost any HE drop that isn't a performance mod could be useful.

I still kind of hate having to burn PxC on respec for HE gear, especially when I'm trying to save to unlock blueprints to craft in the first place. Not like PxC will matter anymore though.

Iceman829

I wouldn't doubt that. I was never expecting to see something around the lines of "increase HE drops off lvl 32 DZ named enemies by x%". It would just be a clusterf up in DZ05/06 then. I've stood by the I'll wait and see approach. The drops rates / crafting isn't what keeps me playing. I've been having a blast with new people I met and some people I haven't played with in awhile. I'm the official tour guide in DZ 5/6 for most of my friends. Some probably would've never ventured up there if I didn't bring them.

Someone mention me?

Just move to the right just a bit... No that's not an m44 blaster cannon in my hands aimed at you...

I remember someone (probably ve3tro) posting he would have to spend over 500 pcreds to reroll a slot again. Not sure how much monopoly money it would cost though.

Is there a limit to how many times you can grind the daily "challenging" mission?

Does it make more sense to grind Challenging or mess around the Dark Zone with randoms?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just move to the right just a bit... No that's not an m44 blaster cannon in my hands aimed at you...

I remember someone (probably ve3tro) posting he would have to spend over 500 pcreds to reroll a slot again. Not sure how much monopoly money it would cost though.

I felt something hit me but I dunno health went back up like instantly.

I can reroll some gear and its gonna cost like 180 PXC but fuck that lol. I ain't wasting none until 1.2.

Mentok

Banned
Got an HE Tactical SRS from Larae Barrett...thank you very much lady! Hits criticals 50% of the time...now I just gotta pump up the crit damage (it's currently 125%).

Also yesterday my buddy and I chased after a rogue in manhunt named PureDex. Couldn't kill this guy no matter what we tried, so we joined him once the hunt was over. He was a skill build.....that thing is no joke, I'm seriously thinking of scrapping all I've done and trying for one of these but I don't know how to do it. Legit, he was popping heals with no need for a medkit, plus his damage output was pretty decent.

soultron

Banned
I wouldn't doubt that. I was never expecting to see something around the lines of "increase HE drops off lvl 32 DZ named enemies by x%". It would just be a clusterf up in DZ05/06 then. I've stood by the I'll wait and see approach. The drops rates / crafting isn't what keeps me playing. I've been having a blast with new people I met and some people I haven't played with in awhile. I'm the official tour guide in DZ 5/6 for most of my friends. Some probably would've never ventured up there if I didn't bring them.

Yeah, we just need to wait and see on this one. IMO, Massive should have detailed the Incursions stuff in their Incrusions Preview Stream and released patch notes for that, but nothing relating to crafting rebalances until the update in question went live. It gives too much time for players to negatively react -- without having the full picture -- when they could instead be playing and actually seeing the impact of the changes. We're all essentially just theorymathing and theorycrafting right now, speculating and reacting to what we do know.

I wouldn't be surprised if 30/31/32 DZ enemies drop more loot (the way that named elites often drop 2-4 items at a time), drop more frequently, or even raw crafting mats that don't need to be extracted.

It'd be cool if they refreshed a couple of non-DZ named elites every week, not saying who it was or where, so they community would have reasons to go back out into the OW and hunt for some more chances at good drops. But that kind of goes against the philosophy of the DZ (and Incursions) being the end game where everyone is supposed to be funneled to.

Deku Tree

Nah if Massive just hit everyone with the crafting nerf without warning it would have been a much bigger backlash. They did right by telling us ahead of time and giving us a chance to convert our mats using the old system. At least they did that right.

soultron

Banned
Well, if I found a duplicate Item that my brother has yet to get, of course I'd help him out.

Not sure of the exact specifics, but you could have a "hostage group invite" scenario where you (and 2 other players in a group) corner someone with contaminated loot, tell them to join your group and give you the loot or you'll kill them and take it. I'm pretty sure they mentioned you all need to be in the group when loot drops in order to do trading though... :(

Not sure of the exact specifics, but you could have a "hostage group invite" scenario where you (and 2 other players in a group) corner someone with contaminated loot, tell them to join your group and give you the loot or you'll kill them and take it. I'm pretty sure they mentioned you all need to be in the group when loot drops in order to do trading though... :(

I only DZ game with him and two other randoms. Going into the DZ with 3 or less is suicidal.

Iceman829

Got an HE Tactical SRS from Larae Barrett...thank you very much lady! Hits criticals 50% of the time...now I just gotta pump up the crit damage (it's currently 125%).

Also yesterday my buddy and I chased after a rogue in manhunt named PureDex. Couldn't kill this guy no matter what we tried, so we joined him once the hunt was over. He was a skill build.....that thing is no joke, I'm seriously thinking of scrapping all I've done and trying for one of these but I don't know how to do it. Legit, he was popping heals with no need for a medkit, plus his damage output was pretty decent.

I was always pretty high on the SRS. I know HE M1A is end game stuff, but in terms of the bolt actions I had a purple SRS that I really liked before upgrading to the m44. Hopefully I can get a nice SRS to drop to try it out.

A skill build might have lower base DPS numbers, but it draws it's strength from the skills abilities. They are more powerful, refresh quicker and last longer than non skill builds. You can also put a self heal on the build and with the right talent you can refresh your cool downs instantly by healing the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom