• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
GONNA DUAL WIELD THOSE M1's

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

man you have crazy luck with drops. i got a HE classic M1A but my superior FW M1A outperforms it due to the talents

Only my 3rd high end drop.

Deku Tree

Something going on with Ubi's servers? I noticed the last several days or so, stability has taken a severe nosedive. 4-person dailies and the framerate drops to stutters during intense firefights. Then running DZ with friends, two of us crash to PS4 menu (at two different times). The other day, I ran a daily mission via matchmaking and every time I tried to fast travel, I'd end up falling through the world and respawning in the safe zone.

What the hell is going on? Was the first two weeks of rock solid performance just a fluke?

I didn't have rock solid performance in the first two weeks.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
GONNA DUAL WIELD THOSE M1's

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Only my 3rd high end drop.

giphy.gif

TsuWave

has anyone asked massive for stashes at the DZ checkpoints? that would improve the experience immensely tbh

edit - i know it wouldn't make sense considering extraction system but its a videogame after all and it would just make it ten times easier for peop;e running DZ

Tecnniqe

Banned
has anyone asked massive for stashes at the DZ checkpoints? that would improve the experience immensely tbh

edit - i know it wouldn't make sense considering extraction system but its a videogame after all and it would just make it ten times easier for peop;e running DZ
I think they want people to leave the dark zone every now and then.

If that's not their reason it's a stupid system. Especially now that we got a crafting nerf and could use the materials.

soultron

Banned
Decided to spend my PxC on the HE Firearms mod BP and whoopee my DPS just got a nice boost since I crafted 5 and slotted them all.

Got a HE SCAR-L drop during CM today so that temporarily saved me from dropping all of my PxC on the Liberator or BM AK47 BP. I'll buy those eventually. I'm sick of crafting Vectors anyway.

axb2013

I need advice since I'm stuck with improving for about a week now.

I managed to get decent gear over time but even with calibrating, no items I looted and crafted since were worth it, not even if I wanted to shift the build away from DPS.
Armor mitigation is 65% with 4800 total, I keep hearing about people doing 74% 9K armor value while maintaining 350K DPS.

Anyway, here is my layout, all items have been calibrated already:

thedivision2016-04-06nvui1.jpg

Mullah88

Can't go above 65% armor mitigation. Finally got mine there (65% @ 4900) with 3700 firearms. I need to get my health up to atleast 75k currently sitting at 35k

fr0st

Banned
Can talents push you over the top?

Theresd one talent that if you stay in cover for x seconds you get more armor. I wonder if that could bypas the armor cap.

Can't go above 65% armor mitigation. Finally got mine there (65% @ 4900) with 3700 firearms. I need to get my health up to atleast 75k currently sitting at 35k

That's some serious glass cannon. I have 61% armor, 66k health, and ~3100 firearms. I can't really improve on this without division tech to craft more chests and gloves. And I'm not even going to try. Just screwing around until the patch to see how much better all the new gear is.

What I don't get is how you people can give up crit chance on the mask, crit damage on knees and backpack, and STILL get 200k DPS (unless you're just inflating with accuracy).

knitoe

Can talents push you over the top?

Theresd one talent that if you stay in cover for x seconds you get more armor. I wonder if that could bypas the armor cap.

Nope. I have it on one of my armor pieces, increase armor by 40% in while cover, but stats still only show capped 65%.

RedRum

Banned
That's some serious glass cannon. I have 61% armor, 66k health, and ~3100 firearms. I can't really improve on this without division tech to craft more chests and gloves. And I'm not even going to try. Just screwing around until the patch to see how much better all the new gear is.

What I don't get is how you people can give up crit chance on the mask, crit damage on knees and backpack, and STILL get 200k DPS (unless you're just inflating with accuracy).

I just learned of the accuracy inflation today. Took that shit off and just now concentrating on crits.

Paertan

After burning some Phoenix Credits since I was at max 1000 I am now at 65% armor mitigation!

Pretty happy with my character and feel ready for Incursion. Hopefully my friends will be as well. Otherwise I am gonna need som Gaffers to do it with. Probably will. Damn casual friends..

I have
113/112k DPS at 1952 Firearms with Caduceus/Vector
62k HP at 2070 Stamina
21k SP at 2068 Electronics

Crit chance 47,5% with both guns. Health on crit with Caduceus makes me prefer crit chance over pure damage.
Crit dmg +70%

When using Caduceus shooting heads to lower cooldown and using First Aid combined with other healing I am pretty much immortal.

elelunicy

So the AUG has been my favorite weapon throughout the entire game, and somehow the first navy MP5 I rolled ended up having better talents than all 15+ AUGs I crafted. Oh well I'll just stick with the MP5 now. It doesn't feel as satisfying as the AUG but I can't really say no to that 10% dps increase. I seriously hope the AUG is one of the these new level 32 blueprints.

Currently at 140k dps, 100k health, 22k skill power, and 65% armor mitigation. I'm 90% happy with where I'm at, and now I just need to grind to DZ 75 before the next Tuesday.

Wolfe

Do you only get the scope attribute bonuses when you zoom in? If so boy I'm stupid.

I just assumed it applied to the weapon as a whole, regardless of how you're shooting it at the time. Same as all the other mods which effect the weapon as a whole right?

Edit: as a fresh 30 I feel so puny compared to you guys postin stats all the time lol. I've managed to get 3 HE pieces so far, 2 gear from two different CMs and a single BM-AK I crafted thanks to barely having the mats. The sad part was the damage being 1000 more than my previous purple AR made me all excited... until I noticed it was just above the min damage range. Can't complain too much considering it has a couple decent/nice skills (that I still can't activate @_@).

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Just got to level 30, finished the main storyline missions. Still a truckload of optional stuff to do. Kinda interested in doing dailies, regular missions on hardest dificulty, or could dive back into the Dark Zone. But I guess my gear is pretty shit - I've got zero gold equipment, all purple. Is there any use going into the DZ like this? Going by this thread I'd just be another dead bambi, heh.

bjaelke

Just got to level 30, finished the main storyline missions. Still a truckload of optional stuff to do. Kinda interested in doing dailies, regular missions on hardest dificulty, or could dive back into the Dark Zone. But I guess my gear is pretty shit - I've got zero gold equipment, all purple. Is there any use going into the DZ like this? Going by this thread I'd just be another dead bambi, heh.
I'd suggest doing some hard missions now (General Assembly) and then venture into DZ on Tuesday when the patch arrives.

blacklotus

Guys, i bought the bugged HE item, both the vector and the AK blueprints, and the Extended Magazine blueprint.

I have all HE level 30 gear except for the bugged HE item which is 31.

I have 300 PC. Shall i continue to hoard and wait for patch or is there something i should buy from the vendor?

(Still level 22 DZ).

milkham

Guys, i bought the bugged HE item, both the vector and the AK blueprints, and the Extended Magazine blueprint.

I have all HE level 30 gear except for the bugged HE item which is 31.

I have 300 PC. Shall i continue to hoard and wait for patch or is there something i should buy from the vendor?

(Still level 22 DZ).

i'd say get the gear mods, they can help a lot if you get stuff with mod slots to drop

Ushay

So I'm hovering around 3500 Firepower, think I'm going into squishy territory haha. Better get some Stamina mods out.

By the way what's the best build for an Electronics build? How high can electronics go?

The DZ is quite fun after spending a bit more time at it.

I was running around last night when I saw a dude struggling with some lvl 32 mobs, so I helped out. He invited me to his group and so we rolled together for a bit.

Dude called for extraction and we waited. In like what I felt like a split second, I opened up the inventory to change weapons, I heard gunshots, and a dude's voice: "Wow nice loot mate, thanks". I was like, what the fuck is that and quickly closed up my inventory, to see my groupmate down on the ground, a rogue standing over him, bashing him to death

We then opened fire at each other. After a bit, he was losing so he ran. I gave chase, he cut a corner, took cover and so did I. His health was not full, dude probably burnt out his medkits already, he took out a grenade and in a split second when his head popped over the cover, I nailed him with an explosive bullet from my M1A. Dude went down instantly. Man that felt so fucking good, I didn't think I would land that shot. I bashed him and waited for my groupmate to come recover his loot. Felt like a fucking hero.

Then we were clearing some mobs in DZ06 when we got ambushed, again, this time by 2 guys. We each took one and started fighting. I was having a hard time killing this one guy, when the other rogue downed my friend (damn it you). Luckily he was underground, the rogue I was fighting rushed underground with his friends and they both went back up for me. I tossed an incendiary grenade, and caused them both to go up in flames, man, it was like a decision made right in a split moment, that gave me time to headshot them both to death.

I waited around for my groupmate to come again, this time feeling even more badass than before lol.

Alas. The glory lasted shorter than Summer in Finland.

I spotted 4 guys approaching and surrounded us, probably were waiting in ambush even before that as I literally didn't see where they were coming from, possibly with their ability to prevent being scanned. My groupmate promoted me to group leader then. And my first thing I told him was "Run". And so we did, but I knew that we were not getting out of there alive.

10s later or sth, I heard the sound of abilities being activated behind me so I turned back and faced them. A barrage of bullets down me instantly and I gave up before they could bash me. My groupmate somehow managed to outrun them and lived though. So that's ok. lol.

This game makes me miss Chivalry, where skills matter and not gears. I could have put up at least a decent display before they could humiliate me like that. But yeah, this game is still fun.

Maximus P

The DZ is a no go for my friends and I at level 30.

I've had 2 HE drops in total that have both been stolen. Today I logged on and found 8 people camping one of the checkpoint entrences....which was..nice, I even managed to get 3 explosive round head shots on one of them with my sniper but his health bar didn't move?

The divide between fresh 30s and those guys who seem to have the time to play 5+ hours a day is huge and when the end game content is focused on PvP then there's nothing much casual gamers like myself and my circle of friends can do. Massive have lost the sale of 4 season passes becuase of it. I'm not sure what they can do either, maybe put people that go rogue often on servers with other rogue loving players?

Saying all that. We do still enjoy running the dailys. We log on, complete the missions in under an hour then log off. Yesterday was a fun one

bjaelke

People in here were asking for a companion app (after they scrapped the old one). Hamish just said on the stream that it is not a priority for Massive right now.

Oh and someone just did a bit of hacking in front of the camera.

SeanR1221

So armor mitigation is how much reduced damage you take from enemies based off your armor stat?

Meaning overall armor is more important than firearms, stamina and electronics?

So if a blue print can't give me a higher armored piece of gear than what I currently have its not worth crafting right? I have some purple items that aren't topped by the HE vendor blue prints in armor at the BOO

GazzaGSi

So armor mitigation is how much reduced damage you take from enemies based off your armor stat?

Meaning overall armor is more important than firearms, stamina and electronics?

So if a blue print can't give me a higher armored piece of gear than what I currently have its not worth crafting right? I have some purple items that aren't topped by the HE vendor blue prints in armor at the BOO

Altered my gear alot to accommodate this, I'm now at 63.something % armour mitigation yet dropped around 18k in health but still survive fire fights more than what I used to. The first few shots from enemies seem to do no damage at all. Now trying to build the health back up but maintaining the armour percentage.

Had a great night last night/this morning in the DZ with mullah and Co. Lost my midas HE to some rogues who had a non rogue party with them but was hell of a lot of fun trying to get it back.

After that had settled down and we'd done afew more rounds of various landmarks every checkpoint said we were still in combat so couldn't leave but there was no one around. Ended up going on a manhunt ourselves and seeing it through, was awesome. After that we managed to leave :) Midas lost but hours of enjoyment.

And how quick time flies on this game, it was 3am here and I was like, I'm gonna extract and get off to bed. Next minute it was 4am then 5. Jeeez.

Last night, I shot someone three times in the head with explosive rounds from my m44 and he didn't lose even the slightest bit of health.

Hmmm.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Today's Challenge mode is so freaking hard eeks
Warren Power Station IS the only Challenge Mode Mission in my opinion because it has an actual DPS check thanks to having to clear 5 waves of enemies near the end of the mission within 9 minutes and the plethora of Shotgunner that come rushing at you in the Mission.The other 3 Challenge Modes can be clear if you keep bashing your head against the wall with either a bit of luck or some planning.

So I'm looking forward to how hard Incursions will be.

What DZ rank do you need to get the best gear in the 25-29 bracket? It's 30 at levels 20-24.

It's stays at 30 unless you want to buy new Blueprints in DZ05 or DZ06 at Lv.30 which requires DZ Lv.50 but just keep in mind these brackets are changing next Tuesday when the patch drops.

Definity

Last night, I shot someone three times in the head with explosive rounds from my m44 and he didn't lose even the slightest bit of health.

Hmmm.

Ha. Last night I used explosive rounds in my HE first wave M1A and dropped 3 rogues in under two or three seconds from a very long distance. They dropped a gold
performance mod
for my troubles.

Wolfe

Warren Power Station IS the only Challenge Mode Mission in my opinion because it has an actual DPS check thanks to having to clear 5 waves of enemies near the end of the mission within 9 minutes and the plethora of Shotgunner that come rushing at you in the Mission.The other 3 Challenge Modes can be clear if you keep bashing your head against the wall with either a bit of luck or some planning.

Yeah I've had no luck pugging it at all today. Out of the many attempts only one group got to the timed section but we ran out of time cause it was only 3 of us due to one guy leaving early on.

Ha. Last night I used explosive rounds in my HE first wave M1A and dropped 3 rogues in under two or three seconds from a very long distance. They dropped a gold
performance mod
for my troubles.
But then something like this happens... One shot's splash damage takes out two people at once. Something fishy going on with the agent from last night haha. BAD RAPPER was his xbl name.

HDg7tpq.jpg

Definity

But then something like this happens... One shot's splash damage takes out two people at once. Something fishy going on with the agent from last night haha. BAD RAPPER was his xbl name.

NICE. Not been that lucky to drop two at once. I did run into a couple people last night that refused to take damage AT ALL. No way in hell they are that tanky. I should've been able to take at least something off the health bar but nadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom