• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyi: The Star Wars Rogue One trailer just dropped and I'm overcome with the feels.

NICE. Not been that lucky to drop two at once. I did run into a couple people last night that refused to take damage AT ALL. No way in hell they are that tanky. I should've been able to take at least something off the health bar but nadda.

I'm pretty damn tanky myself but I'll still take damage, I can just sustain it for longer. This guy wasn't even showing any sort of registry that he was being hit.. And I've run into others like him before. Strange.

The divide between fresh 30s and those guys who seem to have the time to play 5+ hours a day is huge and when the end game content is focused on PvP then there's nothing much casual gamers like myself and my circle of friends can do. Massive have lost the sale of 4 season passes becuase of it. I'm not sure what they can do either, maybe put people that go rogue often on servers with other rogue loving players?

I'm in the same boat, although it feels even worse for me since I'm almost always playing solo. I only get to game in short bursts and it's usually at odd hours so I don't MP along with friends all that often.

In PvE, I feel pretty competent and can often at least hold my own, even in the DZ. But PvP is just absolutely no fun. It's actually the exact opposite of fun. I feel like even when I happen to get a break (which is exceedingly rare), another person will show up and ruin it for me. I have played the game completely clean and haven't used a single exploit or glitch and can't help but feel penalized for doing so. There is absolutely no shot in hell that I can catch up with the people running around the DZ just killing people for sport. It's almost literally impossible, given my limited game time.

Unfortunately, I did buy the season pass so I'm feeling obligated to hang on to the game and hope that they come up with something that either levels the playing field a bit or a mode for casuals to enjoy beyond running the same missions over and over. It's very frustrating because I really, really enjoy this game. I get the appeal of going rogue and whatnot and don't begrudge people that do it, but it's also the main reason the game is pointless for me.

Ugh. As soon as I asked, my friend had a HE M870 MC drop as we were farming the DZ.

So far he has as that, the Midas x2 and a Navy MP5 drop...and all I ever had drop is a mod.

Fuck RNG!!!!

Also had a Rogue attack us. 4 of us were emptying clips into him at point blank range and his health dropped by barely 10%. He then mowed us all down :/

That's some serious glass cannon. I have 61% armor, 66k health, and ~3100 firearms. I can't really improve on this without division tech to craft more chests and gloves. And I'm not even going to try. Just screwing around until the patch to see how much better all the new gear is.

What I don't get is how you people can give up crit chance on the mask, crit damage on knees and backpack, and STILL get 200k DPS (unless you're just inflating with accuracy).

Yeah, I'm fairly certain there's accuracy inflation going on. Armor is a major and to hit cap, you have to sacrifice a few key sources of Crit Hit / Crit Dmg, even with a full load of mods that give +armor as a secondary attribute (which I now finally have, after crafting maybe 2 or 3 fucking thousand of them.)

I've went a step further in hurting my DPS number by sacrificing my backpack to be Electronics-based, with an electronics mod inside. The hit I take to my Firearms bottom line is made up for through Pulse and First Aid - Booster Shot, at least through the "feel test."

I've went a step further in hurting my DPS number by sacrificing my backpack to be Electronics-based, with an electronics mod inside. The hit I take to my Firearms bottom line is made up for through Pulse and First Aid - Booster Shot, at least through the "feel test."

Is that to unlock more talents? I've been wondering about that myself.

I'd have to go from 1050 electronics to 1899, which would probably require a large sacrifice in firearms to get to.

Do all gear mods roll the same secondary attributes? Can I get crit chance and armor on stamina and electronics mods?

So I bought a HE mag blueprint last night and crafted 1. I got 98.5% mag size and 33% crit damage.

As HE rolls go how is this?

It will be used on my vector

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I bought a HE mag blueprint last night and crafted 1. I got 98.5% mag size and 33% crit damage.

As HE rolls go how is this?

It will be used on my vector

Its good but check your hit chance. No point having the damage if you have real low chance of using it.

My friend has high damage but 1% chance so at the moment its pretty worthless.

Is that to unlock more talents? I've been wondering about that myself.

I'd have to go from 1050 electronics to 1899, which would probably require a large sacrifice in firearms to get to.

Do all gear mods roll the same secondary attributes? Can I get crit chance and armor on stamina and electronics mods?

I didn't bump it high enough to unlock talents. I got it to around 1500, and used an electronics mod that gave me +Skill Power to get that number to around 20k. The cooldowns are better and my heal becomes a refill, which, with capped or nearly capped armor mitigation, can be a nightmare for other players.

I'm not 100% certain on the rolls for mods, but I'm pretty sure I have an Electronics mod with armor.

Tecnniqe

Banned
People and their clutch stations
cheryl-cole.gif

Got bored of the SMG/m1a meta so ran both hard daily missions with shotgun only.

Yeah, they suck.
In pve they do

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lore analysis of Aaron Keener
How many have you killed? Looters, Rikers, Cleaners and the LMB. Some of you have even fired upon your fellow agents in the dark zone, presumably for good reason.

I for one know that if my actions were taken into account I would make Keener look like a baby in a sandbox.
8,500 kills, 138 rogue agent put down, countless bambis slaughtered.

Got DZ50 finally with you dudes last night. Picked up the usual blueprints, was getting late so haven't had a chance to really dig in to see what type of rolls and loadout etc I'm going to use. So I'll check back with you dudes soon for your expert advice.

But then something like this happens... One shot's splash damage takes out two people at once. Something fishy going on with the agent from last night haha. BAD RAPPER was his xbl name.

HDg7tpq.jpg

Screw that guy.

Lion King FTW.

Anyone else feel a little skeptical of Hamish? He drops the awful patch notes on us, then tells us we will love him with this new mystery news. Abuse us then make us love it... this sound familiar? A little thing called Stockholm Syndrome!! Ha ha! We got your number you crafty Swede.

Fingers crossed for global scavenge buff.

Granadier

In the DZ, make it so contaminated items can be deconstructed for contaminated materials. Materials stack, but take up one slot for each type. You still have to extract them though and they drop on death, so the risk of farming increases the longer you go.

I think it would add a lot more tension to extracts, and it would make other players bags much more enticing.

darkwing

In the DZ, make it so contaminated items can be deconstructed for contaminated materials. Materials stack, but take up one slot for each type. You still have to extract them though and they drop on death, so the risk of farming increases the longer you go.

I think it would add a lot more tension to extracts, and it would make other players bags much more enticing.

just have players drop yellow DT

Tecnniqe

Banned
Lore analysis of Aaron Keener

I for one know that if my actions were taken into account I would make Keener look like a baby in a sandbox.
8,500 kills, 138 rogue agent put down, countless bambis slaughtered.

Game really needs a rep system.

After all I am more red than white.

Rogue Nation!

This is the Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the annual purge. At the siren, all emergency services will be suspended for 12 hours. Your government thanks you for your participation.

What skill is that rocket launcher type of weapon?

Side note: I must say, the XBO Dark Zone is way less aggressive than the PS4 Dark Zone. Like way more chill. Same amount of players. Just something I've noticed the past couple of weeks.

deadduck

I was also wondering about the price of new HE items.... With all the talk of slowing down progress, nothing to stop them charging 600k for HE stuff, like in the BoO.

Not sure we'll get any proper Crafting news until next week's sotg thing.

Is there any website that has a breakdown of all the possible rolls on gear mods? I crafted a bunch of HE Firearm gear mods last night but got a ton of x% skill haste. Are there other factors that come in to play when crafting the gear mods like your current firearm ratings and what not?

Granadier

This is the Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the annual purge. At the siren, all emergency services will be suspended for 12 hours. Your government thanks you for your participation.

Ugh, I need this. That short amount of time when the rogue system was broken was so damn fun.

I can get behind this idea.

Anymore, I don't go rogue for the drops or the XP. It's purely the fun of it.

Granadier

Wah wah wah. 6-8 teams are glitchers in the DZ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dp34m/groups_of_5_in_the_dz/

I wish people would work out the fucking difference between glitching and taking advantage of something not designed properly.

NO, you can't use something that is in the game to have an advantage. You must play the same as everyone else. Otherwise you are a glitching, cheating whore.
No backpacks with bonuses, no masks with regen powers, no ammo consumables, and ABSOLUTELY NO larger groups than 4 working together.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
NO, you can't use something that is in the game to have an advantage. You must play the same as everyone else. Otherwise you are a glitching, cheating whore.
No backpacks with bonuses, no masks with regen powers, no ammo consumables, and ABSOLUTELY NO larger groups than 4 working together.

Let me poor some salt on those wounds.

2IyWQRe.gif

Got another 10 minutes ago from Lexington LOL.

DasTanK

I don't even try Warrengate anymore because I can not find a public group good enough to beat it. Ever.

Did matchmaking last night and completed with just 3 members cause the 4th kept DCing but magically came back after the 3 guards and boss were dead. Super surprised we beat it as 3.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You guys last night have me thinking about buying an Elite controller for the XB1.

Any donations are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom