• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mob

Just did the RC hard daily and Hornet dropped a HE First Wave M1A.
Crappy talents: Toxic, Intense & Sustained but was nice to see a HE drop for a change.

The highest mag size I've rolled is 102.5%, so 98.5 is pretty good!

Its good but check your hit chance. No point having the damage if you have real low chance of using it.

My friend has high damage but 1% chance so at the moment its pretty worthless.

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I need to find some crit chance gear to help boost it a bit. My build is still work in progress as I'm only about 5-8 hours in since hitting 30.

What should I be saving PC for now that I have the vector and mag blueprints

ch4fx_

Looking forward to today's comments from Massive regarding crafting. I'm hoping for something along the lines of..

- They are raising the crafting cost significantly, but the trade off is you get to pick your rolls. Since you get to pick your rolls, you won't need to keep re-rolling gear/guns over & over, thus not having to burn through an insane amount of mats to get your ideal roll.

- Daily/Weekly Assignments will have us SWIMMING in crafting materials (hopefully).

I'm pretty sure the first one is a LONG shot with no chance in hell of actually happening, especially since Hamish made the comment yesterday that "perfect rolls weren't important" or "weren't the point" (or something along those lines). The 2nd one seems more realistic, although I probably should have used the term "SWIMMING" lightly considering the amount of mats we currently get from dailies.

All in all, I'm just hoping for some positivity to be generated so that the community (as a whole) can enter 1.1 on a good note.

EDIT; obviously a speculation post. I'm pretty sure both solutions have already been posted by other users, so please do not think I am posting these as my own.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I need to find some crit chance gear to help boost it a bit. My build is still work in progress as I'm only about 5-8 hours in since hitting 30.

What should I be saving PC for now that I have the vector and mag blueprints

Is there anything you want to get or are you happy with the setup your running with? If you can wait it might be best to see what the update brings before spending PXC.

Iceman829

Arch1 killed me yesterday I think.
Although he was called something archangel..
At least a Gaffer killed me. Lol

Archpath is his GT, so probably not

Last night, I shot someone three times in the head with explosive rounds from my m44 and he didn't lose even the slightest bit of health.

Hmmm.

There is a way to become basically invulnerable similar to the beta except its not a 100%. People are pretty quiet about it as it's not a widespread leak

Is there anything you want to get or are you happy with the setup your running with? If you can wait it might be best to see what the update brings before spending PXC.

At the minute I'm going firearms and stamina and have DPS at 90k (without stacking accuracy) and health at 70k. I don't have full ilvl31 gear. Got a mix of HE and Sup but do have armour at 50% mitigation.

Just feels like my stats are well below where most people say they are and I know where I need improvements it's just a matter of if they are worth buying or hoping for a drop.

For weapons I could probably use a decent marksman rifle / sniper

pubba

Man.. I'm loving this game. It's definitely one of the best ps4 games that I've played, along with shadows of mordor.

I'm level 20 now and just like wandering around doing side missions and running into random encounters. The graphics and sound are just jaw dropping at times. I don't have a gaming PC so this feels really 'next gen' for me.

I'd love to try the online stuff but I'm really short on cash at the moment. I tried the 14 day free trial but it didn't work. I guess that's only for new ps+ members..

TsuWave

Just did the RC hard daily and Hornet dropped a HE First Wave M1A.
Crappy talents: Toxic, Intense & Sustained but was nice to see a HE drop for a change.

one of these days i'm gonna read one of these posts and off myself. been chasing it for so long :/

Iceman829

Wah wah wah. 6-8 teams are glitchers in the DZ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dp34m/groups_of_5_in_the_dz/

I wish people would work out the fucking difference between glitching and taking advantage of something not designed properly.

Dirty glitching loot whores. Ban them all. It's not like there are laws in the DZ preventing a large group of random players from banning together to cause widespread mayhem and destruction. We need to try to get 3 groups of 3 in the DZ this weekend.

How is this scrub allowed to continue posting???

Ban him please. It's not fair he's playing the game when I can't and getting loot I can't obtain.

You guys last night have me thinking about buying an Elite controller for the XB1.

Any donations are welcome.

I'll take a HE M1A with some nice perks and then we can talk.

I have the X, A, Sprint and consumable buttons mapped to the paddles. It makes things much easier. Other games I remap B or Y to a paddle depending on the usage.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
At the minute I'm going firearms and stamina and have DPS at 90k (without stacking accuracy) and health at 70k. I don't have full ilvl31 gear. Got a mix of HE and Sup but do have armour at 50% mitigation.

Just feels like my stats are well below where most people say they are and I know where I need improvements it's just a matter of if they are worth buying or hoping for a drop.

For weapons I could probably use a decent marksman rifle / sniper

Ok you need to purchase the blueprints upstairs in the Base. I went with the AK-74 and Vector (both can be beasts) They roll at level 31. I also bought the high-end mods for my gear since that pushed up stats quite abit in terms of Firearms and Stamina.

I then started doing challenges alot to get the high-end gear rewards after each completion. Anything I liked I'd use and did some calibrations for attributes I didn't need. Anything I didn't need I dismanstled into materials which I could use to create blueprints.

Lastly it was time to venture into the DZ. You can get a High-End Custom M44 lvl 31 but you'll need rank 50 in the DZ to purchase. This will also require High-End Division Tech... ;[

Mod blueprints from the DZ seem worthless since they are worse than the ones from the BoO and also require Div Tech so dont buy them.

Maybesew

I'm not one to bitch about trophies, but this all hard missions at level 30 is driving me fucking crazy. I've done them all so many times, and I know now that in order to get credit, you either have to solo them or be the party leader, but I continue to run them over and over, and I have no idea which one the game thinks I haven't done. And to add to my paranoia last night I ran subway morgue by myself, and right as I get completion the game crashes. Now im wondering if that's the mission I need for the trophy and the crash prevented it from popping. I guess I will run it again tonight, but if they could add something in game so that I could have some clue as to what I need for the trophy, that would be really great.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It will be tomorrow so then they can avoid answering anything over the weekend.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My guess for the announcement: they are simply going to talk about how assignments and incursions are good modes to farm crafting materials, ensuring that folks give those new modes a serious try as they launch. Until there's a heavy dose of new content, they'll just be trying to balance the economy to encourage a little more variety in the endgame instead of everyone either farming the daily challenges/dark zone routes.

I would expect that at some point, there'll be a greater division (pun intended) of where you go/what you do to get certain items because they'll ensure that each currency/material type is useful in the end game. Challenging missions will be Phoenix Credit drop zones w/ random mission rewards, with new vendor items added that use Phoenix Credits. Dark Zone will be a combo of Division Tech + HE drops, with new items added at each level to encouragine using those. Incursions will be new special gear sets and assignments will be heavy on the materials, with some new blueprints added to encourage folks to farm 'em. I would imagine normal credits will become more useful with the recalibration change as well.

It will be tomorrow so then they can avoid answering anything over the weekend.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Its so half baked because I am sure they never actually had anything to announce and are now backpedaling behind the scenes because of the outrage.

Let's not forget we are paying with our time and money to beta test this game. This 1.1 Patch was in no way in development when the game launched (other than the trading and incursion), so you're looking at a patch with like 2 weeks of play testing.

What a crock of shit.

th3dude

Official post on 1.1 crafting changes: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

To sum up the list of changes brought with update 1.1 in regards to item drops and crafting, we will:

Increase drop rates of High-End items on named NPCs (100% drop rate, actually)
Increase drop rates of Division Tech, to make it less of a bottleneck than it currently is
Modify loot tables for each named NPC, to make the hunt for loot more controlled
Increase conversion costs of lower quality materials to high quality ones, making it harder to convert low quality materials into high quality ones
Decrease construction yields, making it less interesting to farm lower quality items in order to obtain crafting materials, and because you’ll get more High-End items as a whole
Increase cost of crafting High-End items, because High-End materials will be much easier to come by
These changes will not only make crafting and dropping more coherent towards each other, but will also make it feel much more fun and rewarding.

Horohoro

Got a second M1A last night in the dz... also finally hit 50 and bought attachment blueprints now Im at 386k headshot damage... and 47.6kbase dmg on the m1a...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom