• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCYQ

Funny part:

While you get ilvl 31-32 HE gear from CM, you are still probably getting a ilvl30 HE armor piece for completing the CM itself.

I'm still concerned about the DZ being dominated by people who were able to grind their way to the top end gear going against people (like me) who didn't.

Oni Jazar

So I'm level 29 and I beat all the missions and not sure what to do next. Should I hold off on hitting 30 and level up my DZ level first or just jump into lvl 30 and group up for daily / challenges / DZ? The problem is its hard for me to play with friends given my schedule.

GazzaGSi

At least the new guys or those who can't play as much as others "shouldnt" have much to moan about now as the drop rate will be the same across the board on named bosses rather than people putting more time in to get more/better gear. Doubt it will still stop the I can't play as much as others so you shouldn't get better gear etc.

Tawpgun

One thing is to increase it, another to overkill it.

HE lost all its value now so I guess we get Gear Set weapons too
Depends how it's implemented tbh.

That's a lot of he, but rolls are still tough. Gear mods are in there too.

Hopefully the new high ends they add at lvl 32 and the new names items are rare.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm still concerned about the DZ being dominated by people who were able to grind their way to the top end gear going against people (like me) who didn't.

It will be split now so the top-tier players will be in their own DZ instances.

Would be cool if they respawn all the name NPCs roaming in the wild Street in pve such as bullet king etc time to time for the pve people. Make them 32 or something. At least the streets won't feel as empty

Iceman829

One thing is to increase it, another to overkill it.

HE lost all its value now so I guess we get Gear Set weapons too

It depends on the lvl of the HE items that drop. If enemies are dropping lvl 30/30 HE gear it helps fresh 30s gear up, but fully geared players will break the items down. If it drops 30/31 HEs then it will provide upgrades for most and materials for others. If it can drop 30/32 items then yea everyone will be even. I guess anyone that was mad they couldn't gear up to catch up to other players can calm down now.
but what about perfect rolls! waahhh

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
enjoying this so far...love the gun/cover play. do the combat mechanics inprove further down the line? havin guys in your face, twatting you and all i can do is (R3) gun bitchslap?

th3dude

Would be cool if they respawn all the name NPCs roaming in the wild Street in pve such as bullet king etc time to time for the pve people. Make them 32 or something. At least the streets won't feel as empty

I agree. I'm still hoping that making them disappear forever was just a bandaid fix until they put in proper respawn timers.

j-wood

I'm assuming the boss specific loot tables means like, a sniper boss has the chance to drop that really awesome HE sniper rifle, which makes sense.

EL CUCO

To sum up the list of changes brought with update 1.1 in regards to item drops and crafting, we will:

Increase drop rates of High-End items on named NPCs (100% drop rate, actually)
Increase drop rates of Division Tech, to make it less of a bottleneck than it currently is.
Bring on 1.1!
5bRKrc0.gif

Well, those people are most likely going to be farming the named enemies in DZ05 and DZ06 now, soo...
Well, everyone who is able is going to go there to farm...

Is this based just on DZ level or on this new gear score that they mentioned? I just hope people don't manipulate their DZ scores to sit in lower brackets, though I guess there will be enough rewards in those new higher DZ levels to keep people at that level, once they reach it.

Yeah they kinda had a knee jerk reaction to the whole BK thing.

Just put all of them all on a respawn timer.

JohnCYQ

Is this based just on DZ level or on this new gear score that they mentioned? I just hope people don't manipulate their DZ scores to sit in lower brackets, though I guess there will be enough rewards in those new higher DZ levels to keep people at that level, once they reach it.

But nearly everyone will be in the second bracket, because crappy HE is going to have the same gearscore as good HEs pretty much.

A fresh 30 just needs to farm General Assembly a few times to get a full set of HE gear. Guess which bracket he will be in, hmm?

Tecnniqe

Banned
This is the Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the annual purge. At the 12th, all emergency services will be suspended for infinite hours. Your government thanks you for your participation.

tumblr_n0v069BTiL1spo7o5o1_r2_500.gif

giphy.gif

the-purge-gif-3.gif

Granadier

The split will be based on gear score. Anyone above 160 will be in the upper bracket.
160 is roughly a full set of HE gear at 30/31.

Iceman829

So I'm level 29 and I beat all the missions and not sure what to do next. Should I hold off on hitting 30 and level up my DZ level first or just jump into lvl 30 and group up for daily / challenges / DZ? The problem is its hard for me to play with friends given my schedule.

Hit 30 so that you can start gearing up and running daily hard modes and challenges if possible. By the update next week you will be able to deck out your character in yellow.

Hard dailies at lvl 30 just use matchmaking. Just about every group sprints through these and the 2 you can complete reward you with 15 pcreds each. I would recommend teleporting to the mission selecting hard and then open your privacy. This makes you host and avoids the matchmaking bug that brings you into a broken instance or the chance of being dropped or kicked from the group.

The final mission of the game can be a great mission to run on hard difficulty after you complete the daily hard missions. There are 3 bosses and they can decorate you in purple gear. You can beef up your character to run a Lexington Eventer Center or Lincoln Tunnel CM. If you need group mates try posting here and seeing if someone can help you out.

fuzzyset

It's only gonna split at gear score 160. Considering it looks at your whole backpack and hard mode bosses will now auto drop 163 gear, it won't be that hard to bump yourself into the higher bracket with a subpar build. It'll definitely help the super fresh 30s, but there's a huge difference between random/poor rolls lvl 30 HE gear and good/decent level 31 HE.

I don't get it. "You have too much gear." "Here, every named enemy drops a guaranteed HE item now." It just means the DZ will be even more insufferable with rogues now.

Deku Tree

How many people are going to farm DZ06 with a 159 gear score? Put your higher level equipment in your stash or on your alt. Then be sure that you can't be ganked by severely over leveled players by staying in the lower tier bracket.

spyder_ur

This was always my point; that the crafting changes were part of a larger picture and thus the reaction here and elsewhere was absurd.

Really liked the way they addressed this in general, though.

fuzzyset

How many people are going to farm DZ06 with a 159 gear score? Put your higher level equipment in your stash or on your alt. Then be sure that you can't be ganked by severely over leveled players by staying in the lower tier bracket.

Could you even reliably kill those mobs with 159 gear score? 159 is gonna be like all ilvl 30 Superior. Seems like it would be not worth the hassle.

Kadin

They've already said gear score will be determined by gear both equipped and in your stash. You won't be able to simply unequip it to lower your score. Moving it to your alt's inventory might work though.

spyder_ur

DZ will be rogue zone because for each named NPC kill someone will be wondering what HE drop someone else got.

Or people will be more cautious because if you just worked together on a boss kill then you also have a HE and want to extract?

I dunno - we'll see. Stuff like this is why the DZ is cool.

Seems like the supply drops are kind of pointless unless they have gear sets, if every named level 32 is dropping 32 gear, why fight over those?

BLunted

Banned
So is everyone still pissed, or nah?

I am still out I think. Even now with the all the supposed info, the crafting is still seems nerfed, just not as bad as it was yesterday, but that wasn't the whole reason. I was getting bored anyway, and it appears this game is going to be anemic when it comes to content for the lifespan of the game.

I am strictly PVE, so all the DZ and division tech stuff doesnt affect me. I just run challenge modes ad nauseum, and all I have to look forward to is a single incursion to replace the 2 challenge modes I have been farming. To me, that is not net benefit. Assignments sound lame from what we have heard so far.

Even if bosses drop yellows all the time, fabrics and weapon parts were never my problem. I was always short on tools and electronics, and with the changes to breaking down/converting mats, it appears that it will still be harder to craft. I will just end up with even bigger stockpiles of fabrics and weapon parts now.

Bosses having specific loot tables? Wont affect me as all I have to do is a single incursion over and over and over again.

I will still follow the news as I am sure there are more revelations to come, but haven't been able to bring myself to log in for a few days now.

They've already said gear score will be determined by gear both equipped and in your stash. You won't be able to simply unequip it to lower your score. Moving it to your alt's inventory might work though.
Would also assume it scans all characters as well to calculate your best possible gear score. But with as many bugs as this game has I wouldn't be surprised if there are ways around it....
Not that anyone here would ever, ever take advantage.

Iceman829

Did they say the word "stash" or "inventory". I was unable to watch the stream, but your stash is different than your inventory you carry. Depending on the word you could manipulate the system if desired.

Or people will be more cautious because if you just worked together on a boss kill then you also have a HE and want to extract?

I dunno - we'll see. Stuff like this is why the DZ is cool.

Seems like the supply drops are kind of pointless unless they have gear sets, if every named level 32 is dropping 32 gear, why fight over those?
Because what you get from the supply drops doesn't need extracted. As soon as you pick it up it's yours to keep and use immediately.

Granadier

It's only gonna split at gear score 160. Considering it looks at your whole backpack and hard mode bosses will now auto drop 163 gear, it won't be that hard to bump yourself into the higher bracket with a subpar build. It'll definitely help the super fresh 30s, but there's a huge difference between random/poor rolls lvl 30 HE gear and good/decent level 31 HE.

If they notice an imbalance after 1.1 they will probably just up the gear score break point.

spyder_ur

Wait why does increase 100% drop rate mean guaranteed HE drops? What y'all on about? What am I missing?

It's increasing it to 100%. You will always get a HE from a named boss.

Because what you get from the supply drops doesn't need extracted. As soon as you pick it up it's yours to keep and use immediately.

Good point - I forgot about that.

If every boss drops HE, the first great farming routine someone discovers post-patch is going to be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom