• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this part a lot:

Balancing an online game is no easy task, and while we believe that these changes are a step in the right direction for the future of the game, we will keep monitoring the situation and address what needs to be modified. But more than that, we will have an eye on all aspects of your experience, and balance things when needed. Sometimes it means making hard decisions that might not be appreciated, and when this happens we will make sure to give you the visibility you need to understand why these decisions are made.

Iceman829

So is everyone still pissed, or nah?

I was never pissed to begin with. I was waiting to see how things shook out. More loot in a loot based game is always nice.

Side note. Ve3tro is a dirty cheater with the 1.1 patch already deployed on his console with all these M1A drops

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
: coming back to the thread from working :

welp, looks like I missed something

Update sounds good. Good going, Massive. 👌

Now... Why wasn't this explained at the same time as the rest of the 1.1 announcement the other day??

WipedOut

The HE drop will take place starting next week? Now I can understand why they nerfed the economy. We would be swimming HE parts with this Drop Rate. Well played Massive..

Lnkn52

I'll never doubt you Massive
ForsakenTalkativeAntelopegroundsquirrel.gif

Iceman829

Wait...I can attempt others?

I just attempt whatever the daily one is, now I feel dumb. I also have no idea how crafting or any of that stuff works. haha

Do yourself a solid and stop playing warrengate immediately :)

Load up Lexington Event Center or Lincoln Tunnel

People run these more often and much quicker. There are a total of 4 CMs (Russian Embassy being the 4th) that you can play any day and anytime. The only bonus you get from doing the daily CM is a bonus 20 pcreds on the base 30 pcreds you get. Doing any CM rewards you with a piece of HE gear and 30 pcreds.

If you need some tips or are looking for teammates post your version and ID and maybe someone here can help out. We can also give you some strats for the other missions if you would like.

Honestly. Best change to a loot game ever.

Dark Zone is going to be crazy. Running hard missions became really worthwhile. General Assembly is going to be heaven.

I am suuuuuure this was totally part of the original plan...

Seriously...they couldn't have had those two lines in the patch notes?

-Every named enemy will now drop an HE item
-Division Tech drops increased by 42% from enemies

Pls

Granadier

Time to buy an Xbone!

Join us Tec. There's bambis waiting for you.

---

The changes will be reallllly nice. Pulling the focus away from crafting is going to make the game far more interesting.
And now fighting in DZ05 / DZ06 will actually be worth it.
and killing players will be more interesting too

Iceman829

Since no one posted the notes I grabbed these off reddit since I can't visit the ubi websites while at work.
CONCLUSION

To sum up the list of changes brought with update 1.1 in regards to item drops and crafting, we will:

Increase drop rates of High-End items on named NPCs (100% drop rate, actually)

Increase drop rates of Division Tech, to make it less of a bottleneck than it currently is

Modify loot tables for each named NPC, to make the hunt for loot more controlled

Increase conversion costs of lower quality materials to high quality ones, making it harder to convert low quality materials into high quality ones

Decrease construction yields, making it less interesting to farm lower quality items in order to obtain crafting materials, and because you’ll get more High-End items as a whole

Increase cost of crafting High-End items, because High-End materials will be much easier to come by

These changes will not only make crafting and dropping more coherent towards each other, but will also make it feel much more fun and rewarding.

Balancing an online game is no easy task, and while we believe that these changes are a step in the right direction for the future of the game, we will keep monitoring the situation and address what needs to be modified. But more than that, we will have an eye on all aspects of your experience, and balance things when needed. Sometimes it means making hard decisions that might not be appreciated, and when this happens we will make sure to give you the visibility you need to understand why these decisions are made.

Tawpgun

Will there be certain pieces of loot though that are more rare than others? So one has a lower drop rate than other more common pieces.
They said each enemy has a certain loot table. Community will have to figure it out most likely.

Time to find that m1a boss.

One thing worries me though.... The new update will include level 32 items as blueprints.... Hopefully those will drop from incursions and dz6 also

In hard mode they're only level 30 though, right? or 31? seems the best drops are going to be from level 32 named NPCs
True but level 30 drops are fine for getting ready for challenge mode (which is what I am doing now) or getting materials.

Police Academy farm is like 3 minutes. One High End piece everytime is a good farm.

Granadier

One thing that they didn't directly mention, but would be nice to have.

Limiting blueprints to non-named weapons. Keep the named weapons a rarity so that they mean something when you get that drop.

This chart is misleading though because so many people crafted so many vectors because the most of the available talents are garbage.

No it's not. It directly shows that crafting was by far the most efficient way to become powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom