• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Or people will be more cautious because if you just worked together on a boss kill then you also have a HE and want to extract?

I dunno - we'll see. Stuff like this is why the DZ is cool.

Seems like the supply drops are kind of pointless unless they have gear sets, if every named level 32 is dropping 32 gear, why fight over those?

Items dropped in Supply Drops are unknown to use at this time. They could be rarer or high level drops (30/31 or 30/32 gear). They only said named enemies drop HE items. Have they said they would be dropping 30/32 gear? I doubt it. I'm sure there will be a wealth of armor mods, weapon attachments and other items rated 30/30 and 30/31 in the loot pools and if they indeed drop a 30/32 item it will be a very low %.

Maddocks

My question is, as it might have been answered, if it is 100% of the time does that mean named bosses everywhere including the dark zone?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think the current bracket divide is set so that if you have at least high end gear in every slot than you'll be in the higher tier.

Right. I meant more along the lines of if they notice that there is just unchecked brutal slaughter of lower geared players they may up the bracket so that fights are more even.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Deku Tree

Did they say the word "stash" or "inventory". I was unable to watch the stream, but your stash is different than your inventory you carry. Depending on the word you could manipulate the system if desired.

They said inventory, not stash. No way they're gonna force alts into the 160+ DZ bracket. As long as you can't access the gear during your DZ session there is no reason to force you into the higher bracket.

Kadin

Did they say the word "stash" or "inventory". I was unable to watch the stream, but your stash is different than your inventory you carry. Depending on the word you could manipulate the system if desired.
Honestly I can't remember and I'm trying to scan through the twitch stream to find it again and I'm not having any luck. I just remember them being very aware of people trying to falsify their gear score by doing what we're alluding to. I would THINK they'd also scan alt inventories but they definitely didn't say that, from what I remember.

edit: and then again Deku Tree brings up a good point above which I didn't think about.

spyder_ur

My question is, as it might have been answered, if it is 100% of the time does that mean named bosses everywhere including the dark zone?

I think it's pretty fair to assume they are mostly talking about the dark zone here.

Items dropped in Supply Drops are unknown to use at this time. They could be rarer or high level drops (30/31 or 30/32 gear). They only said named enemies drop HE items. Have they said they would be dropping 30/32 gear? I doubt it. I'm sure there will be a wealth of armor mods, weapon attachments and other items rated 30/30 and 30/31 in the loot pools and if they indeed drop a 30/32 item it will be a very low %.

From the post:

The gear score of said High-End will be determined by the level of the NPC.

I read that as 30 from 30 enemies, etc.

Iceman829

Right. I meant more along the lines of if they notice that there is just unchecked brutal slaughter of lower geared players they may up the bracket so that fights are more even.

The gear score line is something they can add additional tiers or raise over time as players grow stronger. With gear sets and new BPs coming in they will have to see how things shake out with the new system

fuzzyset

They didn't specify one way or the other, so I'm assuming every named mob level 30+ will be affected.

I hope someone can datamine the loot tables quickly. I understand the desire of the "mystery" of what NPCs drop what, but seems like just delaying the inevitable.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, what's the secret to taking zero damage in the dark zone? I've been bitching about it lately, because I'm running into more and more people who take next to no damage. I've got 170k dps and there are some people I can't even scratch.

The one night I'm pretty sure the group was cheating, they were just standing in an intersection, all of them on a manhunt, and nobody could even touch them. They weren't even fighting back, they were just standing there constantly in a health overcharge.

Am I missing something?

fr0st

Banned
Challenge mode named bosses is lvl 32 so you can also farm that.
Since there's loot tables now its gonna be easier to farm a specific one for what you want.

Simply raising it would create a larger divide in the lower bracket that would lead to more griefing there haha. They'd need to make a middle range bracket, instead.

We'll see how it shakes down, but no matter what they do, bambis shall continue to suffer.

patch 1.1 all named enemies will drop HE 100%

3xHjo5P.jpg

Tawpgun

Maybe I need to wait and see what the dz will be like now.

But given these changes, I'd probably support a higher rogue penalty.

EL CUCO

Lol people that play/played alot of Destiny need to take some time to let the 100% H.E. drop rate sink in.

Also, we'll be chasing after gear sets and a few new named weapons.

Deku Tree

Lol people that play/played alot of Destiny need to take some time to let the 100% H.E. drop rate sink in.

Imagine I was in the Destiny OT?
Imagine if every boss in Destiny dropped an exotic every single time you beat them?
Imagine it!

Serick

Married Member
*calmly puts his pitchfork away*

This is perfect.. Much closer to current D3's loot... Lots of HE drops you can use to hunt for those perfect rolls.

Chasing perfect rolls is so much more fun than chasing after shitty HE drops (aka D3 vanilla legendaries)

That change...

It's got to be reactive to the players' reaction to the initial patch notes. It almost seems overkill, but I love the fact that they're listening.

Bring on the Dark Zone madness!

As someone who has time to put in maybe 1-1.5 hours per session, this is a good change. Not sure how it'll impact the hardcore players who put in 5 hours daily or whatever.

spyder_ur

Is there a gun as fun as Destiny's in here somewhere?

In some ways, it almost feels like they're just replacing purples with golds in terms of tiers.

I guess there won't be any need for scavenging now

Ha, good point. What do I do with my 199% scavenging set that's been so good to me?

j-wood

To anyone saying this had to be damage control to the crafting changes, it can't be. This had to have always been in the patch, because the patch has to be in certification for consoles.

Serick

Married Member
To anyone saying this had to be damage control to the crafting changes, it can't be. This had to have always been in the patch, because the patch has to be in certification for consoles.

Drops are controlled server side. None of these changes would require a client side patch.

mosdl

Well in theory all these changes are server side, so they don't need console certification.

I can already imagine the chaos in the DZ after the patch....

Although, solo players will be hit hard as they will have a much bigger target on their heads, especially by players in larger groups.

mosdl

I can already imagine the chaos in the DZ after the patch....

Although, solo players will be hit hard as they will have a much bigger target on their heads, especially by players in larger groups.

1. Form 3 man team
2. Offer protection service in exchange for 1 HE item per extraction (since you can now trade in group).
3. Profit?

Or you can hit the boss once and you'll still get loot and everyone is happy.

Wouldn't you want to hide from the bambis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom