• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

when the eventual HE drop rate nerf comes with update 1.3 because high ends lost value/game is saturated with HE FW M1A the posts that will ensue are gonna be glorious

banderas.png

Iceman829

I can already imagine the chaos in the DZ after the patch....

Although, solo players will be hit hard as they will have a much bigger target on their heads, especially by players in larger groups.

They choose to enter the DZ solo when the game provides matchmaking. It's the risk they take for being by themselves.

BLunted

Banned
It also occurred to me, that the people who will benefit the most, will be the hackers(at least on PC) and you will probably begin to see even more people hacking now.

"but they are introducing reporting tools" Those are already a failure. They are going to be inundated with reports from everyone crying foul by somebody who killed them in the DZ whether the killer was hacking or not. Mark my words, you are going to see posts like "I reported this guy 5 days ago and he's still playing!"

Defuser

Any word on the update fixing the rehab and reckless glitch? Me and a fellow gaf member got gunned down by one guy who felt the need to use glitch to inflate his e-penis. I got ranked down because of that.

So do mods get taken into consideration when calculating gear score? If not, what's the point? Two guys with full HE gear could still have a DPS difference of over 100k and a large health difference depending on mods and stats. So hopefully its deeper than "every HE had the same base score".

EL CUCO

Imagine I was in the Destiny OT?
Imagine if every boss in Destiny dropped an exotic every single time you beat them?
Imagine it!

Is there a gun as fun as Destiny's in here somewhere?

In some ways, it almost feels like they're just replacing purples with golds in terms of tiers.
Well, it kinda is replacing purples with yellows. Especially since we'll be chasing new gear sets. That's not to say they're making H.E. any weaker tho.

It's hard to say if there's a "fun" weapon with direct comparison to a sci-fi shooter like Borderlands or Destiny, since it's a completely different type of game. The fun for me is in finding the right weapon and gear with the best talents that suits the play style I'm going for, being stronger, and melting Rogue faces in the DZ.

Dark Zone is going to be awesome after this patch. Knowing every extraction is going to be filled with HE items will make them very tense.

This is what I was hoping they were going to do with these crafting changes. I feel like this wasn't planned at first, and they added this after the backlash from the community.

Iceman829

It also occurred to me, that the people who will benefit the most, will be the hackers(at least on PC) and you will probably begin to see even more people hacking now.

"but they are introducing reporting tools" Those are already a failure. They are going to be inundated with reports from everyone crying foul by somebody who killed them in the DZ whether the killer was hacking or not. Mark my words, you are going to see posts like "I reported this guy 5 days ago and he's still playing!"

Anyone who is gunned down will report other players. People will complain hopefully they have some way of determining if players are cheating and not going by the honor system. Just because you were hunted down and griefed in the DZ by a group when you were solo doesn't mean they were cheating.

On xbox isn't your best option to block the player to hopefully avoid matchmaking with them again? I know that doesn't apply to other versions. I was just wondering.

mosdl

Dark Zone is going to be awesome after this patch. Knowing every extraction is going to be filled with HE items will make them very tense.

This is what I was hoping they were going to do with these crafting changes. I feel like this wasn't planned at first, and they added this after the backlash from the community.

The other benefit is people who haven't played in a while (I know a few) will be able to gear up much faster and match friends who have played consistently.

theWB27

They choose to enter the DZ solo when the game provides matchmaking. It's the risk they take for being by themselves.

I've been solo in DZ since day one. I relish going after rogue mobs and the tension of running up on a group and not knowing if they're hostile or not.

Will be nice to actually have HE gear for multiple build types without poop socking. This drop rate also change will also scale better with the game. Adding new ilvls won't be the end of the world, just kill the new high level bosses. The stepping stones of lower level players to go from 30 to ilvl 30 HE's to 32's etc will be much better as well. Lastly, they can now just add in new HE weapons and gear or named weapons and there will be a legit means to getting them besides some shitty exploit.

Edit: Let's hope the armor and health regen exploits are fixed in the patch as well.

TsuWave

By 1.3 HE lvl 30-32 will be useless so everything starts anew.

and you think that will quell the outrage?

on another note, with this news i realize i don't really have to play the game now until the update comes, i got to rank 75 in the DZ yesterday and i was farming like crazy to get some better gear to prep for the 12th but seeing as now i'm gonna be able to get hands on HE reasonably easy it makes no sense to farm for gear or materials right now

Iceman829

I've been solo in DZ since day one. I relish going after rogue mobs and the tension of running up on a group and not knowing if they're hostile or not.

I'm not saying you shouldn't run solo, but the people that complain they are teamed up on when they are solo and just stroll around the DZ like it's a pve zone need to rethink things.

The other benefit is people who haven't played in a while (I know a few) will be able to gear up much faster and match friends who have played consistently.

Now if they just fix the broken landmarks.

This is a good system now. Gearing up is quick, but min/max will take a while. Marvel Heroes 2016 does this system really well.

Really quick to get full unique items. But takes a long time to get all of the gear to max iLvl.

Every Bambi is now a potential mini-boss with a bag full of golds. >:p

It will be a beautiful sight to be hold. Lions ripping through Bambi's to steal their guaranteed drops!

Pfft come on son. Boss hunting in the DZ while bambi hunting.

2 birds 1 stone

Yea really not much different than our usual routine, really. Except more DT drops too!

"Balancing an online game is no easy task, and while we believe that these changes are a step in the right direction for the future of the game, we will keep monitoring the situation and address what needs to be modified. But more than that, we will have an eye on all aspects of your experience, and balance things when needed. Sometimes it means making hard decisions that might not be appreciated, and when this happens we will make sure to give you the visibility you need to understand why these decisions are made."

I give them credit, game has been out just about a month and they are working a lot on balancing. Even if the community is critical of certain decisions, better that than a dev that doesn't even listen to its fanbase.

spyder_ur

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make a massive switch to the game economy in a day - this was always the other side of the coin, though I'm confused at why the didn't include it yesterday.

The nice thing about this change is it will push the top tier DZ players up into DZ06 more often. Right now, they all hang in DZ01-02 cause that is where the bambi killing fun is and where tons of people farm. Now that they have their own incentive to get ilvl32 HE's from DZ, they are more likely to head north. Will be nice to see some rogues and manhunts outside of DZ02 for a change.

Atkison04

Awesome news! So then, is there anything to pick up with phoenix credits before the update? I have been saving them up but it seems we are going to be swimming in high ends next week.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make a massive switch to the game economy in a day - this was always the other side of the coin, though I'm confused at why the didn't include it yesterday.

If this was the intended plan, why not include it in the initial patch notes? That would have completely negated the past two days of the bad press and the community outrage.

This is them listening to the community disliking a change, and them working on fixing it. The initial crafting changes without these notes madee very worried about the future because it felt like they were going down Destiny's path. Massive listening to the community like this proves to me that they actually listen to us, unlike Bungie.

The future is still bright for The Division, even after the light dimmed for a couple of days.

spyder_ur

Awesome news! So then, is there anything to pick up with phoenix credits before the update? I have been saving them up but it seems we are going to be swimming in high ends next week.

I'm also wondering this and have asked a few times; what exactly are PC going to be used for moving forward?

Not DZ06 vendor, not recalibration. Presumably still BoO vendor, but is that stuff going to refresh?

theWB27

I'm not saying you shouldn't run solo, but the people that complain they are teamed up on when they are solo and just stroll around the DZ like it's a pve zone need to rethink things.

Ah ok. Yea...I don't know why some think it's a place just for farming.

BLunted

Banned
Anyone who is gunned down will report other players. People will complain hopefully they have some way of determining if players are cheating and not going by the honor system. Just because you were hunted down and griefed in the DZ by a group when you were solo doesn't mean they were cheating.

I know...you are arguing the same point I was. Preaching to the choir buddy

Atkison04

I'm also wondering this and have asked a few times; what exactly are PC going to be used for moving forward?

Not DZ06 vendor, not recalibration. Presumably still BoO vendor, but is that stuff going to refresh?

I mean, there is still stuff I need. For example, I haven't hit 50 in the dark zone yet so I was saving my phoenix credits for when the gear blueprints hit the boo next week. I also still have mostly purple mods and attachments (minus high end extended mag). Should I go ahead and buy high end gear mods and attachments or wait? I dunno..

spyder_ur

If this was the intended plan, why not include it in the initial patch notes? That would have completely negated the past two days of the bad press and the community outrage.

This is them listening to the community disliking a change, and them working on fixing it. The initial crafting changes without these notes madee very worried about the future because it felt like they were going down Destiny's path. Massive listening to the community like this proves to me that they actually listen to us, unlike Bungie.

The future is still bright for The Division, even after the light dimmed for a couple of days.

I don't think things move that fast. I could be wrong, though.

Personally, I like to hope it was the plan all along. People can disagree, but I don't like the idea of a developer carefully planning a release and game economy for months and then completely upending all of their plans in a day due to internet outrage.

Others can disagree, but that wouldn't give me a ton of confidence.

Supply drops are so desperately needed in DZ and I am glad they are coming next week.DZ was getting pretty predictable and stale. Now, if you finally get that sick HE drop as a solo player, just leave that shit on the ground. Wait until a supply drop hits, grab it and go extract in the opposite direction of the supply drop. I love trying to be sneaky in DZ solo. I think it is the funniest thing when you get your bag on the rope a split second before the manhunt squad rolls up on your extraction and they kill you and then realize you have zero loot and you hear them cursing on the chat. I often just clap next to the rope. There is virtually zero penalty to dying as rogue and non-rogue. Once that bag is on the rope, my work is done.

Serick

Married Member
So I'm assuming that level 32 high ends and gear sets will only drop from DZ supply drops and Incursions.

Everything I've read from massive infers this is not correct. HE ilvl is tied to mob level (30 drops 30, 31 drops 31 etc.) and there are going to be multiple sources for gear sets.

theWB27

Personally, I like to hope it was the plan all along. People can disagree, but I don't like the idea of a developer carefully planning a release and game economy for months and then completely upending all of their plans in a day due to internet outrage.

All the changes weren't upended though? Also, why isn't a good thing a team is mobile enough to adapt to the things their player base doesn't like?

You can't reasonably expect all their initial plans to please people.

Deku Tree

Yeah reading the note from Massive today it really feels like this change was planned all along. They have a detailed explanation in the note about how the changes are expected to affect how people play the game. They don't come up with strategies like that overnight.

I believe that what happened this week was simply a communications problem.

Serick

Married Member
Yeah reading the note from Massive today it really feels like this change was planned all along. They have a detailed explanation in the note about how the changes are expected to affect how people play the game. They don't come up with strategies like that overnight.

I believe that what happened this week was simply a communications problem.

I could have wrote those changes and notes overnight...

Mob

The combination of the increased drop rates not being in the original patch notes and Hamish responding to complaints of the crafting nerf with "players currently have too much gear" makes me believe these changes are reactionary rather than the original plan.

If that's the case it's nice to have devs listen to the community feedback.

Either way, I like the look of 1.1 even more after today's announcement.

Deku Tree

I could have wrote those changes and notes overnight...

Really? Of course anyone "could have" written those changes into that document. But Massive can't just implement a new game economy strategy like that overnight based on Reddit outrage.

The combination of the increased drop rates not being in the original patch notes and Hamish responding to complaints of the crafting nerf with "players currently have too much gear" makes me believe these changes are reactionary rather than the original plan.

If that's the case it's nice to have devs listen to the community feedback.

Either way, I like the look of 1.1 even more after today's announcement.

Or alternatively Hamish wasn't made aware of the developers plan, and all he knew was the information that he had previously told us. And he was trying to spin doctor because that is his job. Just as likely that it was an internal communications problem at Massive.

Go through my post history I was one of the people saying that they are making it up as they go along yesterday, but this change IMO could not have been made up since yesterday.

Or alternatively Hamish wasn't made aware of the developers plan, and all he knew was the information that he had previously told us. And he was trying to spin doctor because that is his job. Just as likely that it was an internal communications problem at Massive.

I don't think it was a communication problem. It was intended and feels like it.

Dropping all the notes at the same time would still have soured a fair few who would have been upset about crafting nerf. This way, no one is even going to talk or care about the crafting nerf anymore.

They planned and played it very well. Kudos to them.

ISOM

Since no one posted the notes I grabbed these off reddit since I can't visit the ubi websites while at work.

I guess I'm back in. They should have held back on the crafting news until they could have explained the whole picture as many said that unless it did come with a loot drop increase then people were going to bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom