• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just by visiting this thread and people's attitude and "Bambi" flying around reminds me why I'm a pve only player.

For the most part I have only had issues 2 or 3 times in the DZ. The other times everyone was fine. Even people who I was clearly leeching off of weren't a-holes. Throwing a support station works wonders, even if they don't need it. The only real time I get nervous is when it is time for extraction.

Hjod

Banned
I would like them to implement a thing for the LMGs, it would be really nice if you could mount it on a cover you're using (if the cover is big enough) so you could spray like hell and still have some kind of accuracy. Think of the ambushes, the choke points and it would force the firefights in pvp to be more tactical.

Because people are dropping the game like a hot potato.

Probably, they really dropped the ball in the PvE area, which makes the problems with the DZ 100 times worse. Luckily they're starting to see it has issues and are trying to fix it. Hopefully it brings people back.

You will have a better time in the dark zone if you play with a group of friends. Even matchmaking with randoms is very doable. It's best to not extract from DZ01 or DZ02. The assholes like to hang out and rogue on new players.

Probably, they really dropped the ball in the PvE area, which makes the problems with the DZ 100 times worse. Luckily they're starting to see it has issues and are trying to fix it. Hopefully it brings people back.

The days of me going to the DZ are numbered, that's for sure. I think people that go rogue more often should be paired on servers with others that like to do so.

The days of me going to the DZ are numbered, that's for sure. I think people that go rogue more often should be paired on servers with others that like to do so.

I agree, but the tryhards will argue that this goes against the idea of the DZ lol.

I don't have a problem with rogues, I have a problem with the level of griefing that is easy to pull off and the lack of balance in the DZ. Hopefully them splitting the DZ eleviates the problems at least a little bit.

I'd love a hidden reputation feature that tried to pair like minded people . I've seen more and more death squads the past few days in the DZ. Completely makes me want to avoid the place all together. Doesn't help that some of them are completely untouchable even though I'm probably in the top 10% of all players in terms of dps.

That's not the point of the dz though. You can't penalize people for playing the game the way it was designed.

Why is it a penalty to group rogue players with rogue players? My theory is they like to pound on noobs because they lack skill and can't fight people on even playing fields.

Iceman829

Oh my. People keep saying this and I wonder if I'm playing a different game on consoles.

It is not that hostile in the dz. It isn't. I keep saying this...I've solo'ed to level 52 in the dark zone. The map is too big to constantly get gunned down.

There can be some bad nights, but it's very manageable to level up solo in the dz.

If you run across people who like to hunt...so what. Pump some bullets into them before you die, respawn and carry on.

This woe is me dz stuff is bizarre.

Just going to add some more if you don't mind.

If I jump on and either no one is playing or all the groups are filled. I grab the crafting mats from my BoO and travel up to DZ06 and do a loop around for all the dtech chests. There's a nice path you can travel if you want to avoid the lvl 32 enemies.

If you are playing solo, play smart. Check your map. If you see a large gathering of rogues. Run matchmaking and quit for a fresh instance. You can see where other players are if they have called for a helicopter.

There are people that will kill you for your loot and there are people that will kill for the fun of it. Use your abilities to escape them if you see them running. Learn your map and escape routes. Don't box yourself in.

A great extraction zone is to the left up in DZ05 I believe. It has several ways to escape and gives you a nice viewpoint of the area. Only purple enemies spawn here as well. You can lead enemies here to escape them as well.

That's the best I can offer.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Yup. The PvE area needs some love. I wouldn't mind if they increased the mobs and boosted their levels as well as drops.

Horohoro

I'd love a hidden reputation feature that tried to pair like minded people . I've seen more and more death squads the past few days in the DZ. Completely makes me want to avoid the place all together. Doesn't help that some of them are completely untouchable even though I'm probably in the top 10% of all players in terms of dps.

What's your dps?

J-Rzez

Just by visiting this thread and people's attitude and "Bambi" flying around reminds me why I'm a pve only player.

"It's what the DZ was intended as". I don't remember ever the goofy devs said the DZ was intended to be a KOS DM map. Because that's what it is now. Everyone knows you get better XP from rogue, and thus here we are. Then you have the tryhards who just want to grief people into submission, and then they wonder why it's a barren wasteland most of the time. You think those 1 or 2 guys are going to stay there and let your group of 4+ steamroll them, doing mocking emotes, talking shit, impeding their progression? The DZ is a joke right now.

Rogue should have meaning or value to it. Like it's a big deal to go rogue. Now people just open fire on site casually or while fighting mobs turn on you. It's a joke. Just call it MP DM and be done with it massive.

Only ways to address this is to MM players together in the zone brackets based on;
1: How many times they've gone rogue, putting like minded together and/or
2: Group size. Solo to 2 mans only face each other. 3-4 player groups are in that same DZ instance together.

theWB27

Why is it a penalty to group rogue players with rogue players?

Because you're sectioning them off from the rest of the player base as if they're doing something wrong.

You'll essentially make the dz a pve area and that's not what it is. Seriously...the zone is meant to be this way. It isn't a mistake.

It's soar l supposed to be a place where you can't trust people.

I swear...if they did do that I'd hope massive put exclusive loot for the rogue area and I don't even go Rogue.

Just so I can see how many players would complain they can't get the same gear rogue players get and it isn't fair.

k1t4j

Been spending the last few days trying to move away from a solo build into something that supports the team. Shuffled my gear around and played with talents and skills and came u with the following:

SKILLS
Support Station: Ammo Cache
Smart Cover: Trapper
Recovery Link

I take the support station with that mod for the CD reduction mainly, the smart cover trapper I take because well 50%more damage is no joke. And recovery Link because everyone uses Survivor Link and this one can pull off some clutch revives.

TALENTS
Combat Medic
Critical Save
Triage
One is None

The first two are just THAT GOOD honestly, triage is to keep the upkeep on smart cover and support station at 100%(needs to be healing at least 2 players consistently). One is none for the extra DPS boost.

I have a MP5 at 160k DPS and M1A at 150k DPS with all the perks unlocked. Also rolling with 78k HP, 53% armor and 20k Skillpower.

I feel that it's pretty well rounded off, and I think It's ready for incursions. Just reached the PC cap so now am just going to wait until the 12th. If anyone wants to brave them with me on Xbone my GT is xKitajx.

Iceman829

Mate these time zones suck haha pretty much can only play with most of you guys in the weekend. Do we each have our own theme song now or something?

I came up with a theme song for bambi hunting. Then it shifted to people playing their own theme songs while were on the chase. We attempted to use proxy chat, but it turned out poorly. So we went back to party chat and blasted themes songs are each other.

See you over the weekend!

Lima

I wish they fix the broken combat medic talent with the patch next week so I can select a different talent for it. The only reason to use it is because it is broken.

I'm in a similar boat-- I'm not a big fan of the DZ setup as it is. If I'm playing with some friends and they want to hop in, I'm game but otherwise I stick to PvE. The idea of being somebody's "Bambi" because I haven't optimized my gear as much as them and I just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is not fun to me. Throw in losing XP and loot makes it even less fun. Glad a lot of folks here are enjoying the experience but it's not for me.

Damnit forgot I was on manhunt when I got that delta error last night. Spawned in with 2 and a half minutes left on my timer lol. All good though- was in dz05 so I just went up to dz06 and hid near the Q Building. There were rogues south of me so I guess my icon wasn't noticed or just simply ignored.

Ahh finally starting to see some progress. Although slow since I can't put as much time into the game as I'd like, I just completed my first challenge mission, along with some randos. With it I got the gloves you see here and the PCs to buy myself a vector. Got a few rolls, came with one that increases the damage when 10m near to an enemy. Thing is a beast. Anyway here are my stats now:

32mjW8q.jpg

The dps shown is for my Black Market AK, the Vector does close to 110k. So happy lol. I was just 77k a few days ago.

So the drop rate from named NPCs is increasing by 100%? And that is supposed to make up the different in crafting? Because I don't think it will. I basically get no HE drops from bosses. Increasing that by 100% won't nearly cover the amount of items I normally craft.

I'm still not overly enthusiastic but... I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Iceman829

Damnit forgot I was on manhunt when I got that delta error last night. Spawned in with 2 and a half minutes left on my timer lol. All good though- was in dz05 so I just went up to dz06 and hid near the Q Building. There were rogues south of me so I guess my icon wasn't noticed or just simply ignored.

Rogues in DZ05/06 are usually ignored especially if lower geared players are in the instance. The fact other rogues were in the zone only protected you more.

Deku Tree

So the drop rate from named NPCs is increasing by 100%? And that is supposed to make up the different in crafting? Because I don't think it will. I basically get no HE drops from bosses. Increasing that by 100% won't nearly cover the amount of items I normally craft.

I'm still not overly enthusiastic but... I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

No the drop rate is 100%. Guaranteed HE every time you kill a named boss.

...Rogue should have meaning or value to it. Like it's a big deal to go rogue. Now people just open fire on site casually or while fighting mobs turn on you. It's a joke. Just call it MP DM and be done with it massive.
I always thought it would cool for rogue status to last, like for a week. Obviously, there would have to be more protection from accidentally going rogue-- maybe something like disabling safety protocols on your weapons?-- so that people only go rogue who mean to and then they get that experience as both the hunter and the hunted for an extended period.

Horohoro

not increasing the chance by 100% its a guaranteed you can't not get one from a named enemy post this update...

The point is to get you to stop playing box simulator, not to give you the same amount of HEs you had before. Those HEs you got was basically you running from box to box. Now you can go out and shoot things and be rewarded for it! Why would you not be happy with this?

Because you're sectioning them off from the rest of the player base as if they're doing something wrong.

You'll essentially make the dz a pve area and that's not what it is. Seriously...the zone is meant to be this way. It isn't a mistake.

It's soar l supposed to be a place where you can't trust people.

I swear...if they did do that I'd hope massive put exclusive loot for the rogue area and I don't even go Rogue.

Just so I can see how many players would complain they can't get the same gear rogue players get and it isn't fair.

I'm ok with that.

Paertan

Uhm I actually think 100% droprate from named bosses might be too much. Sure a lot of HE can still be crap. High End Silencers with decreased threat for example...
Sound a bit like listening to whiners a bit too much. But we'll see. DZ is gonna be a lot more fun I feel anyway.

Lima

So this is how DZ is going to work. See other player. Help him defeat the boss and wait until he picks up his drops. Then turn on him and get two high ends from defeating one boss.

Not bad.

elelunicy

I wish they fix the broken combat medic talent with the patch next week so I can select a different talent for it. The only reason to use it is because it is broken.
Yeah, my first aid heals over 80k hp w/ combat medic, and I can use it every 30 seconds. Combined with 65% armor mitigation I'm almost always the last one on the team to go down.

So this is how DZ is going to work. See other player. Help him defeat the boss and wait until he picks up his drops. Then turn on him and get two high ends from defeating one boss.

Not bad.
It's like a delicious onion. So many layers. And at the core, a whimpering Bambi.

Paertan

Yeah, my first aid heals over 80k hp w/ combat medic, and I can use it every 30 seconds. Combined with 65% armor mitigation I'm almost always the last one on the team to go down.

Pfft with Caduceus I can use it every like 5 seconds as long as I have a head to shoot. xD I don't die until I run out of ammo.

Deku Tree

Twitch player was going solo against rogues and leaving his drops on the ground so they wouldn't get stolen. Then got changed servers. Rip drops.

really thats top 10%? hmmm... depding my attachments/gun etc.. and what im going for I can do 242k dps.... I didn't think I was that high to be perfectly honest....

I don't know if it's the top 10%. I'm just pulling the number out of my ass based on all of the builds I've seen posted online. Outside of the people in the 160-180k bracket and the ridiculous 200k+ bracket, most builds I've seen posted online are in the 110-130k bracket.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Maybe they should up the punishments to rogues again because its madness now, imagine next week when we know bosses are gonna give guaranteed 4 High-Ends.

It's like an onion, but in reverse. They keep adding new layers to the thing that makes bambis cry.

raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom