• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to form a resistance group for solo DZ players. We can use the subway as our main means of traversal and have a "secret handshake" to identify friendly resistance members. Something like two jumping jacks followed by a surrender emote, or you could whistle the Mocking jay tune.

LOL as a solo DZ player I am totally behind you on this

Hjod

Banned
We need to form a resistance group for solo DZ players. We can use the subway as our main means of traversal and have a "secret handshake" to identify friendly resistance members. Something like two jumping jacks followed by a surrender emote, or you could whistle the Mocking jay tune.

10E1oh4T3iehDW.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Think I'd join in with you. Some other players are Wes, Iceman, Gran, Arch, Dom..

We are in right guys?

winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

I am off on Tuesday so anyone want to group up to do the Incursion as soon as maintenance is done? Its usually been around 7am EST.

This is for PS4

Looking for 3 to join!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm concerned about that too. Though the DZ split should help with that...hopefully.
It won't. Once you reach level 30 HE gear, you are in the top bracket. So it's the exact same problem, just that it gives new 30s a chance to survive.

Also, of course PvE players are screwed again. Since there are only 4 CM modes (after a month, really?) you have to farm DZ05/6 to get the other named bosses.

theWB27

Right now my best weapon does about 8500 damage.

Is the military sa-58 worth the credits if I get a good roll? I need a little upgrade.

Wow, surprised at how well remote play on MAC worked. I tested remote play by running a hard mode daily on a Macbook Air via wifi and I felt the input lag was less than doing remote play via PSTV on ethernet. Will def be doing some gaming in bed on a laptop now. :)

The changes to DZ vendor brackets and 100% rate will make it much easier to get into the endgame comfort zone.

There is a pair of superior gloves for sale in the DZ that increases my DPS by 20k, with no drawbacks. I have to grind to 30 to buy it. And it is a tedious grind as a solo player.

But starting next week, a fresh 30 will be able to buy it with only a half hour grind in the Dark Zone to hit level 15.

That is a significant improvement on the progression to endgame, compared to what exists now.

Most of you are well past that point so these changes probably don't seem all that dramatic but as gamer running this on slow burn Tuesday's patch appears to fix the only issue I had with the game.

The addition of guaranteed High End drops mean the search for a particular gun with particular perks actually has a viable gameplay option (way better than farming for materials IMHO). Running the missions with a team of four 30s is a fun gameplay loop.

It appears that each named NPC will have a specific loot table so you will be able to farm for the perfect M1A and know that you actually have a chance to get it.

That is cool stuff.

I am excited about the Division's future.

Guess I shouldn't have tracked down and killed all the named bosses in PvE land. I think I still have a few left in the upper right part of the map though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Think I'd join in with you. Some other players are Wes, Iceman, Gran, Arch, Dom..

We are in right guys?

winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Oh I am so in. I would love to protect those brave solo players out there.
My favorite secret handshake is the applaud emote.

ch4fx_

So is everyone still pissed, or nah?

This most certainly was NOT directed at anyone in particular, it was my immediate response to some welcome news 8) -- my apologies if it came off the wrong way to anyone.

I was never pissed to begin with. I was waiting to see how things shook out. More loot in a loot based game is always nice.

This was my stance pretty much. Although I was really worried their decisions would kill/cripple the games player base. I'm glad they followed up today with some good news, now I only have to worry about getting all this awesome shit out of the DZ before getting killed.
wish me luck

I am still out I think. Even now with the all the supposed info, the crafting is still seems nerfed, just not as bad as it was yesterday, but that wasn't the whole reason. I was getting bored anyway, and it appears this game is going to be anemic when it comes to content for the lifespan of the game.

I am strictly PVE, so all the DZ and division tech stuff doesnt affect me. I just run challenge modes ad nauseum, and all I have to look forward to is a single incursion to replace the 2 challenge modes I have been farming. To me, that is not net benefit. Assignments sound lame from what we have heard so far.

Even if bosses drop yellows all the time, fabrics and weapon parts were never my problem. I was always short on tools and electronics, and with the changes to breaking down/converting mats, it appears that it will still be harder to craft. I will just end up with even bigger stockpiles of fabrics and weapon parts now.

Bosses having specific loot tables? Wont affect me as all I have to do is a single incursion over and over and over again.

I will still follow the news as I am sure there are more revelations to come, but haven't been able to bring myself to log in for a few days now.

This is certainly understandable & I do not blame you for walking away. When one is no longer having fun, it's time to take a break -- I feel like that's true for most things in life, definitely video games.

I have the same issue with the mats that you do & as you said, unfortunately this change will not fix the fact that we have 2-3 times more fabric/parts than we do tools/electronics. I'm hoping these guaranteed drops will provide decent enough gear that any player can be geared to complete any activity in the game (maybe aside from the CM incursion.. but that's a whole different debate that depends on its difficulty) & be able to "survive" in the DZ. If anyone wants a perfect/maximized set, that could be obtained via RNG at the crafting table. IMO, this would satisfy the "casuals" because they would be getting good gear & wouldn't be handicapped -- it would also give the "hardcore" something to shoot for. Admittedly, it doesn't give the hardcore much to shoot for, but it's something.. kinda.

By chance, was your PVP experience solo? My first few were & I absolutely hated it. I finally started grouping up with people and found it to be a completely different experience. If you were with a group, sorry for the questions. If you weren't, I'd definitely give it some thought if you return to NY.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
For the solo players out there: if you are farming away and hear the Flight of the Valkyries approaching you know that help is on its way. Hang tight, and the calvary will arrive soon.

ISOM

Just by visiting this thread and people's attitude and "Bambi" flying around reminds me why I'm a pve only player.

It is obnoxious but you shouldn't avoid the DZ just because of it. Group up via randoms is ok. Had a great manhunt with some randoms the other week.

Just by visiting this thread and people's attitude and "Bambi" flying around reminds me why I'm a pve only player.
Makes me glad to be playing with other open minded folks in the dz rather than people who just want to be Debbie Downer over agents acting out what the dz was designed for. *shrugs*

Couldn't have said it better. I want to go into the DZ but too many times have I walked through a checkpoint to be immediately killed.

Or been killed by people I have no hope of scratching because they spent more time grinding BK in one session than I spent on the entire game in a week.

All in all it means that if I do DZ it is not fun, while I massively enjoyed it as a sub 30. I just can't compete with the 1% and my time gaming can be better spent doing other things than being intentionally trolled by people who have ran out of things to do in the game

I consider myself a PVE first guy, but my god the Dark Zone is the best PVP mode I have played in years. Dont know what the fuss is all about. :p

I just bitch that I can't get enough Division Tech, but that'll change Tuesday.

Tawpgun

If you get a rogue madness instance just Reroll.

We've been in completey barren dz's too

Besides you can easily play dz like pve. Just avoid players or risk being along side of them. Won't work all the time but I've done dz without any pvp all the time

BLunted

Banned
By chance, was your PVP experience solo? My first few were & I absolutely hated it. I finally started grouping up with people and found it to be a completely different experience. If you were with a group, sorry for the questions. If you weren't, I'd definitely give it some thought if you return to NY.

I have only gone in the DZ a few times, but it was mixed between solo and with groups. Survivability is not the issue. I despise pvp in all games, all forms.

The only reason I went in, was to try and rank up so I could buy the blueprints that weren't offered in the base of operations. Once I learned that even if I ranked up, bought the blueprints, that I would still have to scour the DZ for division tech in order to craft. At that point, I said fuck it, the DZ is simply not for me and resigned myself to challenge modes, but that shit has become mind numbingly boring, and looks to be more of the same with incursions.

Don't let the obnoxious few here sway you. Tryhards are actually not THAT common in the DZ. Most people leave you be. Also, there seems to be more and more solo players lately imho.

Iceman829

Maybe once I get my gears in check to at least handle challenge mode better.

What type of gear are you after? The final missions provides a shot at killing 3 bosses that drop purples. It's a nice way I would tell friends to gear up when they dinged 30. If you are on xbox I can help get you through some of the CMs for pcreds and some ilvl 30 HE gear.

There are others on the board here that I sure would team up if you need help with CMs or other activities. I usually help my friends once our shenanigans in the DZ die down.

theWB27

Couldn't have said it better. I want to go into the DZ but too many times have I walked through a checkpoint to be immediately killed.

Or been killed by people I have no hope of scratching because they spent more time grinding BK in one session than I spent on the entire game in a week.

All in all it means that if I do DZ it is not fun, while I massively enjoyed it as a sub 30. I just can't compete with the 1% and my time gaming can be better spent doing other things than being intentionally trolled by people who have ran out of things to do in the game

Oh my. People keep saying this and I wonder if I'm playing a different game on consoles.

It is not that hostile in the dz. It isn't. I keep saying this...I've solo'ed to level 52 in the dark zone. The map is too big to constantly get gunned down.

There can be some bad nights, but it's very manageable to level up solo in the dz.

If you run across people who like to hunt...so what. Pump some bullets into them before you die, respawn and carry on.

This woe is me dz stuff is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom