• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

if you die in the DZ do you also lose your Phoenix credits that you just picked up?

You only drop the contaminated loot you are carrying. Some keys and DZ cash. You also lose DZ xp.

No one can touch the items in your personal inventory that is not contaminated, your normal funds and your pcreds.

milkham

I think the problem is that it's clear now that PvE is not a priority feature of the game. If you play PvE, you are basically told to stop after you are able to clear the now easy challenge missions.

you're forgetting all that content in the boxes of the pve world!
we can craft vectors forever

BLunted

Banned
Right now it is almost impossible for a PvE player to have a full set of 31 HE gear unless you have good RNG or are satisfied with vendor rolls.

I have a mix of crafted 31 and dropped 30 from challenge modes, all tweaked for my build. DZ blueprints would only offer incremental upgrades at this point, so DZ is not required.

Problem is that PVE players just don't have that much to do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have a mix of crafted 31 and dropped 30 from challenge modes, all tweaked for my build. DZ blueprints would only offer incremental upgrades at this point, so DZ is not required.

Problem is that PVE players just don't have that much to do.
The whole thing about a game like this is the incremental upgrades though. I mean, maybe the Challenging Incursion is going to be easy as shit and you can just go in with level 30 gear (who knows what those QC guys who took 3 days to beat it were using when they played it), but I would expect that they want you to have good 31 gear with optimal rolls on them.

That's literally contents
Contents of content in my contents.

Deku Tree

A player who never entered the dark zone would only be missing an ilvl 31 vest at this point. The ilvl 31 holster was sold in the BoO.

All other stuff could be ilvl 31 with no RNG required.

They stated on stream that you shouldn't do challenge before you have at least four pieces of set gear to take advantage of the set gear perk.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A player who never entered the dark zone would only be missing an ilvl 31 vest at this point. The ilvl 31 holster was sold in the BoO.

All other stuff could be ilvl 31 with no RNG required.

They stated on stream that you shouldn't do challenge before you have at least four pieces of set gear to take advantage of the set gear perk.

I mean, they nerfed crafting, but before the patch the DZ player who can optimize their rolls on the three missing pieces (chest/holster and... gloves I think? I can't remember) is going to have an inherent advantage. The holster had a decent roll, but someone who could have made a dozen holsters probably has a better one.

Deku Tree

I mean, they nerfed crafting, but before the patch the DZ player who can optimize their rolls on the three missing pieces (chest/holster and... gloves I think? I can't remember) is going to have an inherent advantage. The holster had a decent roll, but someone who could have made a dozen holsters probably has a better one.

Advantage in PvP? If you don't enter the DZ then who cares?

Even if that re-rolling DZ player has better rolls in PvE you can still become an OP super soldier who can blast easily through all PvE content without ever entering the DZ.

Besides they are nerfing re-crafting on Tuesday.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Going into DZ in abit.

b41cd65914e3dee1ce40b93160ba8fefd5bb9339a75250fe50be4832cd3ab229_1.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Advantage in PvP? If you don't enter the DZ then who cares?

Even if that re-rolling DZ player has better rolls in PvE you can still become an OP super soldier who can blast easily through all PvE content without ever entering the DZ.

Besides they are nerfing re-crafting on Tuesday.
I mean, unless they add more enemy variety into the level 32 PvE named enemies, you're going to have to go into the DZ eventually to find whatever drop you might be looking for. And even then, it's still inherently faster to farm in the DZ than it is in the Challenge modes, especially since they removed the Hornet exploit.

Deku Tree

I mean, unless they add more enemy variety into the level 32 PvE named enemies, you're going to have to go into the DZ eventually to find whatever drop you might be looking for. And even then, it's still inherently faster to farm in the DZ than it is in the Challenge modes, especially since they removed the Hornet exploit.

If you don't like the DZ at this point then I don't see the long term appeal of this game for people like that TBH.

Lima

If you don't like the DZ at this point then I don't see the long term appeal of this game for people like that TBH.

Even then it's not a game you should play every day or find reasons to play it every day. I know I did with Destiny and I won't make that same mistake again.

BLunted

Banned
The whole thing about a game like this is the incremental upgrades though. .

Ok, maybe incremental wasn't the best word. What I meant was that DZ gear at this point could only offer me something like a 1% upgrade to my DPS and health. Not nearly worth the hassle of dealing with the DZ and not required to be ready for challenge mode incursion.

You are correct. Unfortunately, us PVE'ers are only beginning to come to this conclusion now, after money has been spent. Live and learn and buyer beware.

PatDH

I came up with a theme song for bambi hunting. Then it shifted to people playing their own theme songs while were on the chase. We attempted to use proxy chat, but it turned out poorly. So we went back to party chat and blasted themes songs are each other.

See you over the weekend!

Haha that's awesome, bring on Sat & Sun - so keen!

Miss you Pat :-(

It's Dom, btw. Stupid GAF name is old and I need to change it but oh well.

Same here Dom! We have to do some big multi hour sessions this weekend just like last weekend.

Trigonx

did MM, got into a pretty good group and were doing Lex with no glitches in 8 min 6 seconds for our best run. averaging 9 minutes for most, but go into 8 min range for the last 5 runs.

EL CUCO

This HE drop rate buff is seriously making me consider actually leveling up my materials alt. There's really not much use for it after April 12

Arrrammis

I still just want something out in the PvE map... I love exploring and coming across named guys walking around with their posse, or randomly finding collectables (I have the map perk, but I just have the HUD turned off), but there is a limited amount of those. Massive is giving us daily missions to go do (kill 10 cleaners, etc.) but I do really want to go out into the other 80% of the map outside of the DZ that is completely empty and having more enemies, random events, generated missions ("Hey, there's a band of cleaners attacking people at [address], please help!"), or just about anything. The DZ is great, but there's so much wasted space in the PvE areas. The PvP* is ok, but sometimes I just want to relax and walk around, shooting enemies, and the DZ is too exciting now that they've made going rogue useful.

Gank squads

EL CUCO

Got home from work an hour earlier to get some extra play time. Stand in the BOO for about an hour calibrating stats/gear.

Facepalm

Geneijin

Ok, maybe incremental wasn't the best word. What I meant was that DZ gear at this point could only offer me something like a 1% upgrade to my DPS and health. Not nearly worth the hassle of dealing with the DZ and not required to be ready for challenge mode incursion.
But doesn't the Incursion challenge mode require gear score of 31? I thought it was confirmed. You need a minimum to enter.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/04/the-division-raids-incursions-april-update1-1/

Incursions (as all future raids will be known in The Division) come in Hard and Challenge modes. Gear and weapons will now have a Gear Score which replaces the Gear Level. It’s recommended that all players have a Gear Level/Gear Score of 30 to play Falcon Lost on Hard mode.

Challenge mode is different. It has a required Gear Score of 31, meaning if you haven’t got the right equipment you won’t be able to attempt it.

Bluecondor

I still just want something out in the PvE map... I love exploring and coming across named guys walking around with their posse, or randomly finding collectables (I have the map perk, but I just have the HUD turned off), but there is a limited amount of those. Massive is giving us daily missions to go do (kill 10 cleaners, etc.) but I do really want to go out into the other 80% of the map outside of the DZ that is completely empty and having more enemies, random events, generated missions ("Hey, there's a band of cleaners attacking people at [address], please help!"), or just about anything. The DZ is great, but there's so much wasted space in the PvE areas. The PvP* is ok, but sometimes I just want to relax and walk around, shooting enemies, and the DZ is too exciting now that they've made going rogue useful.

+1 on this idea.

It would be great add to the endgame if each safehouse had a radio or board that put out random events like what you described above with level 30 enemies. This way, we could revisit any of the neighborhoods at any time and fight against the respective gangs.

BLunted

Banned
But doesn't the Incursion challenge mode require gear score of 31? I thought it was confirmed. You need a minimum to enter.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/04/the-division-raids-incursions-april-update1-1/

Unless the requirement is gear that is coming out on tuesday, then I already meet it. From what was shown in the video, I already have a gear score of something like 200-205.

EDIT: the article is wrong, requirement is 131(can be verified ingame), and during the special report video, high end items listed as being item level 200+

Here is the video I was talking about

Geneijin

Unless the requirement is gear that is coming out on tuesday, then I already meet it. From what was shown in the video, I already have a gear score of something like 200-205.

EDIT: the article is wrong, requirement is 131(can be verified ingame), and during the special report video, high end items listed as being item level 200+
That's only hard mode though. CM requirements isn't viewable yet but confirmed on the stream.

Also, not all High End items are gonna be 200 plus. New patch notes refute that.

Dark Zone
The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits
Added a new Dark Zone bracket for characters with Gear Score 160+

Ranks requirements for Superior and High-End quality items at the Dark Zone Vendors have been adjusted:
Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dh6yv/the_division_update_11_incursions_patch_notes/

Those could be High End 32s. Not all High Ends are the same item level, which means not the same gear score. And it's confirmed High End 32s will be 200+

As you already know, we will be deploying update 1.1 in a few days. This is very exciting for all of us as it will be the first major content update since the release of the game! With it, we will implement new End-Game activities and a new layer of character progression with gear score 204 (equivalent level 32) items and Gear Sets items.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co...division-item-drops-and-crafting-in-update-11

BLunted

Banned
That's only hard mode though. CM requirements isn't viewable yet but confirmed on the stream.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dh6yv/the_division_update_11_incursions_patch_notes/

No, hard mode has a gear score recommendation. Challenge mode has a requirement.

Here is the video

EDIT: You're right, it's quite possible they were showing lvl 32 HE's and purples shown were rated as gearscore 131. I am pretty sure I am in the range, most likely on the higher end.

Tawpgun

Pro tip: if you have a high end drop you really want, maybe don't extract it at Bryant park while rogues are fighting other people.

Thanks for the high end chest with reckless anyway Bambi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom