• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLunted

Banned
Maybe they should up the punishments to rogues again because its madness now, imagine next week when we know bosses are gonna give guaranteed 4 High-Ends.

I imagine it is going to be one high end and the rest purples. That is what happens now in challenge modes if the boss happens to drop a yellow. Insane if its all yellows.

Think I'd join in with you. Some other players are Wes, Iceman, Gran, Arch, Dom..

We are in right guys?

winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Late to reply here, but oh yea I'm all in. Solo fo sho.....

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I imagine it is going to be one high end and the rest purples. That is what happens now in challenge modes if the boss happens to drop a yellow. Insane if its all yellows.

Na I mean if a group of 4 each person gets a H-E.

Cob32

I'm not too worried about extracting my HE post update. Just activate defence special and attach your shit.

You'll miss the Bambi's when they leave and you'll have to test your skills out on some with a load out matching yours.
Such a strange counter. I've been roadkilled by hungrier sharks than I many, many times. This is the nature of the dz! Destroy some, get destroyed by others. Gear up. Grind harder. Clutch your Bambi spots a little tighter.

I received a pop up alert last night about being a season pass owner and told me to get something from the dude behind the stairs. I went and didn't see that anything was added.

theWB27

Such a strange counter. I've been roadkilled by hungrier sharks than I many, many times. This is the nature of the dz! Destroy some, get destroyed by others. Gear up. Grind harder. Clutch your Bambi spots a little tighter.

The argument against the dz is all strange.

fr0st

Banned
Maybe they should up the punishments to rogues again because its madness now, imagine next week when we know bosses are gonna give guaranteed 4 High-Ends.
Supply drops are gonna make it a mess too. And imagine having 9 HE but supply drops are coming so you don't want to extract and then you die.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am still out I think. Even now with the all the supposed info, the crafting is still seems nerfed, just not as bad as it was yesterday, but that wasn't the whole reason. I was getting bored anyway, and it appears this game is going to be anemic when it comes to content for the lifespan of the game.

I am strictly PVE, so all the DZ and division tech stuff doesnt affect me. I just run challenge modes ad nauseum, and all I have to look forward to is a single incursion to replace the 2 challenge modes I have been farming. To me, that is not net benefit. Assignments sound lame from what we have heard so far.

Even if bosses drop yellows all the time, fabrics and weapon parts were never my problem. I was always short on tools and electronics, and with the changes to breaking down/converting mats, it appears that it will still be harder to craft. I will just end up with even bigger stockpiles of fabrics and weapon parts now.

Bosses having specific loot tables? Wont affect me as all I have to do is a single incursion over and over and over again.

I will still follow the news as I am sure there are more revelations to come, but haven't been able to bring myself to log in for a few days now.
This is what I thought before the Incursion stream and it's really gotten worse now. I really wish they just made the entire game a dark zone to begin with, so I wouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

I still can't believe that there are only 4 challenge mode missions. Or that they aren't doing anything interesting with the PvE spaces that make up more than half the entire playable area of the game. They might as well not have a map because everyone just ports to a safe house or a mission start area and ignores the map completely.

At least Diablo's new season starts at the end of the month.

Those clutching for no change seems strange to some of us as well. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Massive fixing the DZ.
I'm all for evolution. I'm just really enjoying what we currently have, and when they bring the next patch/update/whatever, I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy that too. 👍

theWB27

Those clutching for no change seems strange to some of us as well. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Massive fixing the DZ.

That's the thing though. Your fix is completely changing what the dz is. To take out rogues is essentially making it the same as the outside area.

Why not ask for better drops outside the dz? Or to level up past 30? Why not ask for those changes?

I just don't get why people want to make one area the same as another when you could just ask to make the other better.

Iceman829

Oh yea last night sorry we kicked you believe. Our party leader at the time didn't recognize your GT and kicked you to avoid a phase transition. Just a friendly reminder to jump in the party if you are looking to group up. Nobody will bite your head off or anything. Just stop by and see what's up

That's the thing though. Your fix is completely changing what the dz is. To take out rogues is essentially making it the same as the outside area.

Why not ask for better drops outside the dz? Or to level up past 30? Why not ask for those changes?

I just don't get why people want to make one area the same as another when you could just ask to make the other better.

Why not do both? What the DZ was at launch and is now is likely not going to be what the DZ is at the end of Year One. Just looking for a change that benefits only me.

Oh yea last night sorry we kicked you believe. Our party leader at the time didn't recognize your GT and kicked you to avoid a phase transition. Just a friendly reminder to jump in the party if you are looking to group up. Nobody will bite your head off or anything. Just stop by and see what's up
I'll own up to it. I kicked you lol. I didn't know who you were and was worried some random from the dz instance we were in was trying to grief us. My mistake!

My experience with most of these leet bambi hunting bad ass strike force teams is they steam roll through most of the server full of solos in DZ02, everyone lost their loot and starts to target the manhunt squad, and then the rogues wall glitch or go hide up ladders and ropes with dead ends they can back against. Hiding in corners waiting out the danger. Which ones are bambi's again? Manhunt shouldn't have a timer. You should have to extract yourself to survive a manhunt. That way you can't just hide and abuse wall glitches.

Edit: STABO extractions are bad ass and would be a much cooler way for manhunt squads to get out. https://youtu.be/Ek7A_hjs4xw?t=55

37 DZ, 3 more to get those level 50 BPs on Tuesday.

I also find Warrengate Power Plant more difficult on Challenging than RC. Probably because of the timers.

Iceman829

My initial idea still allows for the Wild West motif. Just group all the Billy the Kids together and let them have fun killing each other.

And you think you should have the same 100% HE loot drops and increased rewards in such a zone? It would destroy the DZ worse than when rogues were punished by losing about 4hrs of progress if they died.

theWB27

I don't know. I'd have even more fun though, if that helps.

Which brings me back to my point. Why not ask for the pve area to be better. Why does the dz have to suffer if there's an area already there for you to enjoy?

You can't make that make sense.

@iceman
Basically. The argument really doesn't calculate.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Which brings me back to my point. Why not ask for the pve area to be better. Why does the dz have to suffer if there's an area already there for you to enjoy?

You can't make that make sense.
I think the problem is that it's clear now that PvE is not a priority feature of the game. If you play PvE, you are basically told to stop after you are able to clear the now easy challenge missions.

And you think you should have the same 100% HE loot drops and increased rewards in such a zone? It would destroy the DZ worse than when rogues were punished by losing about 4hrs of progress if they died.

Yup. Or something close. Just offering my opinion. Personally, I wish there was an option to turn off rogues and make the DZ more difficult in other ways. Maybe drop the HE rate to 25% on named enemies and bigger mobs. More options.

I'm sure in time, Massive will sway things in my favor in the DZ. until then, I'll continue to enjoy the PvE area more and play the DZ in spurts.

theWB27

I think the problem is that it's clear now that PvE is not a priority feature of the game. If you play PvE, you are basically told to stop after you are able to clear the now easy challenge missions.

So why create another pve area if the first one is neglected?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup. Or something close. Just offering my opinion. Personally, I wish there was an option to turn off rogues and make the DZ more difficult in other ways. Maybe drop the HE rate to 25% on named enemies and bigger mobs. More options.
There's no reason they can't add level 32 or even level 33 (whatever that might mean) enemy patrols in the PvE areas. But it's clear they want the DZ to be the true end game.

Hell, adding Challenge mode to every mission in the game would at least be a good band-aid in lieu of actually adding new content so that PvE players at least have a chance to farm different boss types if they so choose (even if it's still not as efficient as DZ).

So why create another pve area if the first one is neglected?
To be fair, I don't want them to touch DZ. I've said before that I'm happy people like that mode.

I just want to be able to play the game without ever entering a DZ at all, which just isn't going to be possible. It just feels like my 60 dollars is worth less than the DZ player's 60 dollars.

Archpath1

It's bad really
if your pve focused you can't get any of the DZ blueprints with out actually spending time in there

they should of just had the Dz rank become Agent rank have it across pve and Dz
So you can rank up by completing missions

Atleast with the incursion that's something that will consolidate both player types to play in

firehawk12

Subete no aware
if you die in the DZ do you also lose your Phoenix credits that you just picked up?
No, just DZ credits.

It's bad really
if your pve focused you can't get any of the DZ blueprints with out actually spending time in there

they should of just had the Dz rank become Agent rank have it across pve and Dz
So you can rank up by completing missions

Atleast with the incursion that's something that will consolidate both player types to play in
The problem is that DZ players are going to have an inherent advantage in Incursion because they can gear up exponentially faster than PvE players. Right now it is almost impossible for a PvE player to have a full set of 31 HE gear unless you have good RNG or are satisfied with vendor rolls.

All that means is that DZ players will have gear sets much faster than PvE players, and PvE players will fall even further behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom