• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentok

Banned
I can see the DZ being a paradise for the next little while for those who are OP or using exploits. Eventually it should settle down, but who knows what changes they'll implement before that happens?

Side rant, I know these games are all about RNGs, but man can it feel like a slog. Yesterday I got an HE after a few hours, but it was a garbage mod. I guess that's why I've always liked hunting games more. It may be RNG to get an item, but I'm guaranteed with what I'm going to make with that item so I don't feel like I've wasted time. /rant

Just got my 3rd Midas lmao. A Bambi dropped it at Bryant Park.
Rub it in that I STILL don't have one......

BLunted

Banned
That's exactly what I've been saying... hence Incursion challenge mode.

I checked in game and now it says gearscore recommended for hard mode is 150, but swear it used to say required 131 before the special report livestream.

I know it sounds like I am full of crap, but I remember it specifically because I was involved in a conversation about it on the official forums, but this during/around the announcement. Trying to find a screenshot.

Geneijin

I checked in game and now it says gearscore recommended for hard mode is 150, but swear it used to say required 131 before the special report livestream.

I know it sounds like I am full of crap, but I remember it specifically because I was involved in a conversation about it on the official forums about it. Trying to find a screenshot.
Nah, I believe you. I'm pretty sure it's changed since the icon first appeared. We're just misunderstanding each other with our terms. Hard mode is just gonna have a recommended gear score, not a required gear score but Challenge mode will supposedly. I was just trying to correct you when you said "challenge mode Incursion" earlier, hence, my confusion then because I thought you were talking about the Challenge Mode requirement, not the Incursion in general.

BLunted

Banned
I thought full ilvl 31 HE gear is over gear score 163.

Yeah, it would appear I might be basing my statements on outdated info. Guess I'll just have to wait till tuesday to see. That is if I can even bring myself to even play. Not really hyped about the prospect having only one incursion to play for months, as I believe the next update after incursions is DZ related.

Nah, I believe you. I'm pretty sure it's changed since the icon first appeared. We're just misunderstanding each other with our terms. Hard mode is just gonna have a recommended gear score, not a required gear score but Challenge mode will supposedly. I was just trying to correct you when you said "challenge mode Incursion" earlier, hence, my confusion then because I thought you were talking about the Challenge Mode requirement, not the Incursion in general.

Yeah, most likely what I saw was placeholder info, and seems like I may have read too much in to it.

No the drop rate is 100%. Guaranteed HE every time you kill a named boss.

I should really read things more carefully. That is a LOT better!

The point is to get you to stop playing box simulator, not to give you the same amount of HEs you had before. Those HEs you got was basically you running from box to box. Now you can go out and shoot things and be rewarded for it! Why would you not be happy with this?

Yeeeeaaah, I get that now :)

I understand the reasoning behind it and I agree. You should get loot by playing (primarily). Just like in Diablo 3 (and well.... other loot games). I really hate division tech box farming and basically only do it now if I happen to be killing stuff in the vicinity of a box. I haven't found an HE div tech in days. But I'm mostly just screwing around at this point.... going rogue for no reason because what else is there to do?

Geneijin

I thought full ilvl 31 HE gear is over gear score 163.
Nope. They pretty much left it in the patch notes but didn't say so clearly on stream. Just 31 gear score requirement for Incursion Challenge Mode without the number.

Dark Zone

The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits
Ranks requirements for Superior and High-End quality items at the Dark Zone Vendors have been adjusted:
Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50

Added a new Dark Zone bracket for characters with Gear Score 160+

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-245851-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I should really read things more carefully. That is a LOT better!

Yeeeeaaah, I get that now :)

I understand the reasoning behind it and I agree. You should get loot by playing (primarily). Just like in Diablo 3 (and well.... other loot games). I really hate division tech box farming and basically only do it now if I happen to be killing stuff in the vicinity of a box. I haven't found an HE div tech in days. But I'm mostly just screwing around at this point.... going rogue for no reason because what else is there to do?

Now it's the way it should be, you play and if you come across the boxes, great, if not then continue hunting those named bosses. I think this change is great. It's gonna make the game a lot more fun

Sevyne

Bambis? Wtf is this? Could have sworn I went to Neogaf, but it seems I took a wrong turn and ended up on GFaqs or something.

Iceman829

Ridiculous distance on those shotguns. Got downed in one shot from like 120 meters just waiting outside the safehouse in the DZ. Keep the power but the distance has to be lowered.

You get what you deserve you barbarian. You've tainted this thread with too much tomfoolery.

Mentok

Banned
Ridiculous distance on those shotguns. Got downed in one shot from like 120 meters just waiting outside the safehouse in the DZ. Keep the power but the distance has to be lowered.

Doing dailies now. Got 4.

Cool. Yeah shotguns do need a nerf for distance.

Gator86

Bambis? Wtf is this? Could have sworn I went to Neogaf, but it seems I took a wrong turn and ended up on GFaqs or something.

Most OTs get pretty weird with inside jokes and relentless self-referential comments. The first couple pages of OT1 were mostly red panda gifs, if I recall correctly.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

DKS7Ump.gif

theWB27

Most OTs get pretty weird with inside jokes and relentless self-referential comments. The first couple pages of OT1 were mostly red panda gifs, if I recall correctly.

I think the Bambi thing is hilarious.

I'm still looking to team up with wes and crew so I can get a taste of being the hunted for once. I don't wanna rogue solo.

Good start to tonight's DZ.

Go to extraction in progress. Help kill NPCs that are rushing. 3 guys decide they can't for the extraction and want to kill me before it comes. I proceed to kill all three and take their drops. They come back. The same result.

Go to my first Division Tech spot and it hasn't been looted. Go to my second and it hasn't either, and it's got an HE DT.

There are a lot of groups out tonight, though. Don't know how long this solo gig will last.

The1Ski

I tell you what, hacking absolutely without a doubt ruins the DZ experience.

It's not rampant, in my experience. It took me several hours to come across my first hacker. But when I did... ooh man does it put a bad taste in your mouth. Fortunately I wasn't carrying anything I really wanted to extract.

But the fact that death in the DZ actually has tangible loss makes the threat of hacking an absolute nightmare. Hacker in bf4 or CoD just means you die a lot and get pissed. But death in dz means you lose exp, funds, and potentially great.

I'm sure they're aware of the importance but I just needed to throw it out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom