• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

Decided to clear the map of all the collectibles and was SUPER PUMPED to discover that there are 11 that don't appear on the map and can't be collected. So happy to have spent that time only to find it bugged...

At least I got the Achievement for collecting all the echoes even though one still appears on the map, but can't be collected.

What collectibles are you missing? The only bugged ones I encountered were echoes but I joined other players' games to collect them. You say you have all echos though which is strange.

Also, I had a couple echos that showed on the map even though they were collected.

Horohoro

What collectibles are you missing? The only bugged ones I encountered were echoes but I joined other players' games to collect them. You say you have all echos though which is strange.

Also, I had a couple echos that showed on the map even though they were collected.

Yeah there are more echos in the game than there is to collect I think. Those are the ones that don't go away but yeah my map is completely clear...

Orca

Survivor Diary - 8

Phones - JTF 8, Week One 2

Incident Report - LMB 10

Drone - 4

Don't have the others written down.

Mentok

Banned
Just noticed the crafting changes. Should I convert as much mats into gold before the patch?

I did. So they're going to fix the "reckless" talent, did they mention anything about the "rehab" talent as well? Because that too needs fixing.

Survivor Diary - 8

Incident Report - LMB 10

Drone - 4

It might not be a bug. I had a few missing in the end too, turns out I had to really zoom in to the map to see them. It's stupid, but that's what I had to do.

Horohoro

PSN: TechMemphis
52DZ 169kdps mp5 150k m1a
Does anybody need a 4th/ want to join me?

Idc if we go rogue or hunt bosses I'm good either way.

Hello DivisionGaf! I've been interested in this game and was wondering, how playable is this solo? I'm not much of a multiplayer guy in general and between work and school I wouldn't have much time anyway. I was burned by Destiny due to the fact that there was jack shit to do for guys like me.

TheBear

Hello DivisionGaf! I've been interested in this game and was wondering, how playable is this solo? I'm not much of a multiplayer guy in general and between work and school I wouldn't have much time anyway. I was burned by Destiny due to the fact that there was jack shit to do for guys like me.

You'll need help in DZ but matchmaking (without mics if you prefer) works fine. SP scales and can be played solo fine also

GazzaGSi

Well, answering my own question from earlier in the thread for anyone interested in Remote Play with The Division and how it plays.

Ubi have done an excellent job with regards to the config for the control scheme.
L & R shoulders buttons are as you'd expect - aim and shoot with the left and right side of the rear touch pad being for your skills.

Down on the D-Pad is sprint which works well with the left stick being so close to it. The D-Pad button can be pressed with ease while your thumb is on the left stick to initiate the sprint.

The front touch screen has the following commands:
Bottom left = The gestures like wave/surrender/call for help
Bottom right = Zoom on scopes with holding the shoulder button or melee attack
Centre = Bringing up the map

As for play-ability, I did afew missions on Hard and got through them fine albeit slower than I would on the TV with the DS4. I'm a little slower at aiming/precision and did have to turn the sensitivity down a little as I found my cross hair moving past enemies too quickly probably due to the smaller screen.

PVP however I did struggle. As I said I'm slower at accurate aiming with the Vita so when I was chasing a rogue down I just couldn't get the killer shots off on target or quick enough. When I had a Rogue going after me, I was down within seconds as I just couldn't react quick enough or even actually see him until I'd lost most of my health.

So IMO, remote play works and plays very well for PVE but I'll be avoiding PVP as I just couldn't get the accuracy and quickness required to return fire adequately.

This is after just acouple of hours on it so I'm sure I could get better at it as I adapt to the control scheme and smaller screen. It's also handy going around the BoO to the vendors and crafting etc if you don't have access to your TV but want to get afew things out the way before starting a mission etc.

2 quick off screen pics:

For anyone unsure about it, I'd definitely give it ago.

Good couple hours in the DZ. Only one dickhead. Was able to level a couple times and have a good time. Hell, I think I might have been the only person on the server for the last 45 minutes or so.

I was all ready to play some Division on my friday night. Had a friend online, popped into the dark zone, was getting ready to clear the refueling station and score some loot.

boom, dropped in an instant. camera turns to focus on a player floating around. he drops my friend. micspams some song and floats away.

cool game, very cool game, very enjoyable.

chogidogs

My alt has 2 million credits from my main offloading gear for materials. I started the process of buying, storing, retrieving and deconstructing recently and I'm glad I did.

Because it will probably take me until the patch hits to finish this tedious process.

Fix this!

Survivor Diary - 8

Incident Report - LMB 10

Drone - 4

Go to your map and switch view to Intel. RB on xbox one, nut sure which button on PS4, R1? Basic map doesn't show every piece of Intel, if you switch, you'll be able to see the ones you missing.

BLunted

Banned

Honestly, this game sucks for solo players. I wouldn't bother unless you are willing to group up, and like PVP(masochism in most cases).

Honestly, this game sucks for solo players. I wouldn't bother unless you are willing to group up, and like PVP(masochism in most cases).

DZ 56 and at minimum I have been solo 75% of the time. That said, while the game is solo friendly to a certain extent you will want to group up eventually if character building and loot is important to you (and that's a big part of what this game is). Challenging missions and Excursions require grouping, obviously.

BLunted

Banned
DZ 56 and at minimum I have been solo 75% of the time. That said, while the game is solo friendly to a certain extent you will want to group up eventually if character building and loot is important to you (and that's a big part of what this game is). Challenging missions and Excursions require grouping, obviously.

Solo'ing up till now, will not be the same as solo'ing as of tuesday. I pity the fools who try to solo after 1.1 and you are right, it is solo friendly up to a certain point, but that certain point is not very high.

Not trying to intentionally hate on the game, but it is shaping up to be a group PVP game, as the PVE aspect of this game(both solo and group) is minimal.

Clockwork5

I have been away from this game for a bit. I'm seeing a lot of cheater issues is this on a specific platform or across all of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom