• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

oSoLucky

Guess it's time to farm some DZ xp while most of the sharks are still asleep. Gotta wait til friends get on to go shark hunting. I wonder how much of a war zone DZ06 is going to be on Tuesday. It's getting hard to stay motivated to grind knowing I'll be able to gear up in there quickly after the patch.

I guess if the DZ is a shit show, I could always farm Lexington.

Wolfe

Managed to get an HE socom M1A off of Scarecrow, the stats/talents are "eh" but ok for PVE I guess. Still a cool find while rocking a purple sniper.

Good times with GAF

XQTfWO3.jpg

Fistwell

So how about that dark zone then eh?

I see some complaining, but I actually do think it's pretty brilliant, as a soft-core, more focused, mini-DayZ lite, compressed in tighter space. Could certainly be better balanced, I have put down (or spared) dudes that could barely do any damage to me, and conversely been put down by guys severly outgearing me. But with a loot-based progression system it was always going to be difficult to balance pvp (while keeping stats meaningful). I think they still did a fairly solid job. I've also had a fair share of even-handed encounters. What's more, the unbalance is part of the fun. You never really know what's coming.

Well... sometimes you do know, sorta. The meta game of reading situations, looking at players behavior, etc. The baiting, the mis-direction, the "oh did I get in the way of your bullets there? Oups you got some rouge on you let me get that off for you *evil-cackle* ", the rogue-racing meta-game, the "ama just gonna hop out for a bit, back in 90s lol." It's a fairly rich, layered game of its own. The shooting is ok I guess. I like destiny's better but this is serviceable. But it's really the player interactions that do it for me. I actually wish people would go rogue a tad more, that's when the magic happens. I do actually sometimes go rogue for no other reason than to stir up shit, get players riled up and get some life in the server.

At some point I was agreeing with the guys wanting to matchmake DZ players based on propention to go rogue. Not to avoid rogues, but to get more of them instead. I think that'd be a mistake though. Obviously would depend on the details of how they would implement it, but... All rogues all the time would probably become just as boring as no rogues ever. It's the balance between the two that creates the uncertainty and makes things interesting. It's a fairly tenuous balance as well. They've tipped the scales back and forth already. I wish they'd move the needle just a tad more towards roguing (and they may have with guaranteed HE drops), but I'm fairly happy with the current state of things.

Now I'm just looking forward to more crap to do in there. Giving us reasons to go after lvl32 named is a good start, hopefully drops will be cool, and hopefully they don't stop there and throw some more stuff in.

Deku Tree

DZ rank 55 now.

Hope they release some gear that gives you increased DZ exp gains in 1.1. Otherwise it's gonna be a real slog to 70 and then 90 RIP.

What DZ rank are U?

bati

80 here. I was 76 not even two days ago but then I came across some pvp heavy instances and things escalated quickly.

EL CUCO

DZ rank 55 now.

Hope they release some gear that gives you increased DZ exp gains in 1.1. Otherwise it's gonna be a real slog to 70 and then 90 RIP.

What DZ rank are U?
I hit 55 last night too. And 2 Rogue kills away from the trophy (no boosting). I had like 8 Rogue kills before last night lol

Natiko

Banned
Is the next patch fixing the ability to glitch more people into your squad? Such a frustrating thing to encounter, running into that in the DZ is still an instant turn off. Really ruins the experience for anyone that isn't looking to cheat their way to the top.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is the next patch fixing the ability to glitch more people into your squad? Such a frustrating thing to encounter, running into that in the DZ is still an instant turn off. Really ruins the experience for anyone that isn't looking to cheat their way to the top.

It's not a glitch. It's just multiple squads working together.

deadduck

Its not a glitch, but does complelty ruin the DZ, just like glitching more than 4 people into an instance ruined CM.

It also removes the risk of going rogue.

Big squads act like they own the place killing all solos (well done, so tough) but as soon as you get them down to 3 they panic, run, can't handle it and have to regroup to hide behind their numbers.

It's fun as a group of 4 going manhunt and having the whole server go against you. It's not fun with a group of 8 picking on everyone, especially when this becomes the norm for LFG boosting to 90.

Massive should force server move squads that have a player leave one and join another group. Or if you have more than 3 friends in your instance move the extras.

moojito

DZ rank 49 and three quarters. Trying to sneak my way up solo to 50 to get those vendor blueprints before Tuesday. Tricky as everyone is being a glitchy asshole in there just now. Not looting anything, just kill and run.
Trust no one!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
DZ rank 49 and three quarters. Trying to sneak my way up solo to 50 to get those vendor blueprints before Tuesday. Tricky as everyone is being a glitchy asshole in there just now. Not looting anything, just kill and run.
Trust no one!

Think those blueprint requirements are being dropped to level 40.

Edit:

• The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits
  • Ranks requirements for Superior and High-End quality items at the Dark Zone Vendors have been adjusted:
  • - Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
  • - High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
  • - High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50
  • Added a new Dark Zone bracket for characters with Gear Score 160+

deadduck

Hmmmmmm, seeing as Crafting is gonna be getting more expensive, maybe I should continue Vector crafting.

Vector Crafting Anonymous addition is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom