• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They need better protections against having huge teams on the same server. Even though allowing you to leave your group was part of the original game design. I know it's fun to dominate but it's also pretty cheap to have 8v1 or even 8v4 going on. Also it's cheap to have one group go rogue on you and then have their friends step in front to force you to go rogue.

What I've noticed lately is that a group member goes MH, they get friends that's not rogue status to join in, and then block LOF to make you rogue, or MH hides on top of a ladder and their non-rogues wait downstairs and open fire as everyone climbs the ladder, which means you now got players both up and down attacking while on a ladder.

There's so much cheese when it comes to Rogues, but also a few spots that really force you into bad spots, like the famous Beta roof.

Had a group camp as rogues on the beta roof, waited patiently for them to come down, and when they all went on the ladder after timer went out, I rogued them :D

How that spot still exist is beyond me tho. Versus a good group its impossible to get up there.
We've commandeered that spot from rogues and manhunts by timing it right. Team (we've done it with 2 people, 3 and also 4) gets ready to hit the ladder, one person pops survivor link, and then everyone goes up at once. As soon as you get up there toss shock turrets and AOE nades and light them up. Done.

We've also gone rogue on the people trying to get the rogues up there. That's always an option too. Turn the tables. >:]

They need better protections against having huge teams on the same server. Even though allowing you to leave your group was part of the original game design. I know it's fun to dominate but it's also pretty cheap to have 8v1 or even 8v4 going on. Also it's cheap to have one group go rogue on you and then have their friends step in front to force you to go rogue.
But large groups are such a blast to be in. Seriously a heck of a lot of fun.

Klyka

Banned
Is the "beta roof" the little side alley roof directly next to a checkpoint?

You can just throw seeker mines up there,preferably the fire and gas ones. have people ready on the ladder, throw the mines and then up you go

Is the "beta roof" the little side alley roof directly next to a checkpoint?

You can just throw seeker mines up there,preferably the fire and gas ones. have people ready on the ladder, throw the mines and then up you go

Not sure why people don't just pop survivor link, explosive bullets, and M44 them to death. I've found that explosive bullets are the great equalizer in the DZ. I can typically down the cockiest of rogues with 1 shot to the body.

EL CUCO

What I've noticed lately is that a group member goes MH, they get friends that's not rogue status to join in, and then block LOF to make you rogue, or MH hides on top of a ladder and their non-rogues wait downstairs and open fire as everyone climbs the ladder, which means you now got players both up and down attacking while on a ladder.

There's so much cheese when it comes to Rogues, but also a few spots that really force you into bad spots, like the famous Beta roof.
We ran into these types of groups last night, so we just went Rogue and murdered them all too :D

And yeah they need to redesign some of those areas with one entrance. I think that's why most of the activity is in between DZ1-DZ3. Right now the only way to bring a good group down from there, is with a good group of your own or actually camp in that spot and wait for them there.

Convert now, but don't be like me and blow half your crafting materials on gear that will be useless in a few days...

I don't know. With the crafting nerf still incoming, there's merit to crafting now.

Especially since they designed the set gear to force you to trade HE's stats.

As for 32 stuff, who knows if it will be all pieces or just some. Personally, I'm still rocking a good amount of 30 pieces because they have my ideal setup: armor, mod slot and either pulse damage or self heal. If I can't get a piece that has them all, it's not worth the marginal upgrade level 31 brings.

Even if it means my gear score will look worse for it.

Hjod

Banned
Should I convert my green and blue DT or should I wait? Scared that they change it so you can convert them into yellow DT.

Walked into the dz. Someone was just standing there in their menu. Mowed them down. Went to go hide in the subway to run out my timer. Came back upstairs and saw another Bambi fighting NPCs. A friend joined my group and the server transfer notification came up so I melted him just as the server timer ran out and he went down just as I vanished from his game world lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We've commandeered that spot from rogues and manhunts by timing it right. Team (we've done it with 2 people, 3 and also 4) gets ready to hit the ladder, one person pops survivor link, and then everyone goes up at once. As soon as you get up there toss shock turrets and AOE nades and light them up. Done.

We've also gone rogue on the people trying to get the rogues up there. That's always an option too. Turn the tables. >:]

I've taken that roof a good chunk of times with a team, but right then I was solo.

Its not an option solo.

Base weapon damage scales up with your firearms stat.

100.gif

Now everything have sense.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Also good to get the SMG, Assualt, Marksman damage bonus on gear. That can push up stuff a few thousand.

I've taken that roof a good chunk of times with a team, but right then I was solo.

Its not an option solo.
True but attackers and defenders both have their advantages and disadvantages. I just won't go after a group of rogues if I'm by myself, generally.

There's 3 places I can immediately think of where it's setup as a good hold out point for rogues, and they are spread out, too. One is in dz02, one in dz03 and the other in dz04. There may be more, but there isn't a lot. I'm glad there are places that only have one entrance, where a bottleneck defense is key. It's not impenetrable, but it does give rogues a chance... If they can make it to one and don't fuckin wall glitch out of it <-- that definitely needs fixed asap.

TimFL

I am at a point where I can't go up any further without sacrificing some talents by getting rid of my tech/electronic stats.

Oh and I can't recalibrate said gear items anyways cause you can only recalibrate one stat... I guess 160k dps has to be enough for now until I get a better gun.

Jarrod38

Are they going to fix the sound bug where the sound cuts out when you change Mods? I had no sound on my marksman after changing a Mod on it.

j-wood

So dailies won't be fixed till Tuesday right?

How come last night my friend and I were able to run Lexington challenge, and get daily rewards over and over? Is it bugged?

How come last night my friend and I were able to run Lexington challenge, and get daily rewards over and over? Is it bugged?
You can always rerun the challenge modes for 30 PCs. You won't get the bonus 20 PCs after the first time.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I've been locked out for about two weeks now, hoping this fix in the patch allows me to play again.
They said they fixed the backpack issue in 1.1 so I assume so

Daily reward is 20PC, CM mode gives 30PC (Daily+CM=50PC), no matter if daily or not for unlimited runs.
Its a constant reward.

Hjod

Banned

Did you get 50 PC or just 30? The Daily CMs gives you an extra 20 PC so you'll get 50 instead of 30.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's like some of you guys think we constanstly go for solo players while in 8 man groups. I personally haven't even ran many nights in an 8 man group. If we come across a lone player then yeah we might kill them but we've also ignored many and let them go. Also had plenty of large group battles where it might be 3 groups of 4 against each other. Regardless of the size thats the risk you take in the DZ.

Klyka

Banned
Thanks for this, didn't know that. Will be sure to through on all my firearms mods on my gear before crafting a weapon next time.

It's not about the crafting.

Look at your guns DMG right now.

then switch something out to lower or raise your firearms skill and look at your guns DMG again.

Audioboxer

It does, but you can still obviously get higher initial base damage drops or crafts. My 2nd Cad was higher than my first, and my latest Vector higher than the others. (with same firearms level)

Trying to grind DZ level up to 40. Just ducked into the subway and killed for a bit. Red rogue icons constantly on the map but no one came down into the subway in DS3 for 25 mins there.

theWB27

Some guys were rogue on that roof with the ladder by the exit/entrance.

Me and some other guys are shooting away playing cat and mouse.

One of their timers go out, he comes down and I go Rogue killing him. I kill two more of his buddies.

But the guy who was helping shoot them on the roof. Nah...he didn't turn and shoot me while I was rogue. He understood the greater goal and I salute him for that.

GazzaGSi

It's not about the crafting.

Look at your guns DMG right now.

then switch something out to lower or raise your firearms skill and look at your guns DMG again.

OK thanks. Pretty new to all this looting/crafting and checking stats etc as it's my first game of its kind. Normally a FPS Battlefield/CoD guy so still learning. Cheers

Tugatrix

You have to be the one to down them, and then they have to die. You don't necessarily have to be the one that kills them.

The killfeed will show you getting credit if you do it right.

I've put both down and then bashem to death, I even win an achievement for one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom