• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Up until now I never got HE items from enemies. But today I got 3, sort of surprising. A good Military SCAR H was one (fierce, adept and unforgiving), but I don't like the SCAR H in general. I prefer my purple FW M1A.

milkham

can someone help me visualize 10 in-game meters? was just thinking about it while in my backyard, seems like that's pretty far considering typical firefights in this game.

Ushay

If your group kills a rogue, does that count? I don't have any kills yet, sucks running a Tech build in DZ. But love dominating Challenging mode even with a semi decent team.

Rockyrock

If your group kills a rogue, does that count? I don't have any kills yet, sucks running a Tech build in DZ. But love dominating Challenging mode even with a semi decent team.

you have to get the finishing blow on a rogue for it to count as a Rogue kill.

It'll say it in the bottom left kill feed

Tecnniqe

Banned
can someone help me visualize 10 in-game meters? was just thinking about it while in my backyard, seems like that's pretty far considering typical firefights in this game.

If you look at the minimap id say that circle got a 20-25 meter radius around your dot.

So about 45-50% of it inside that circle is 10m

Ushay

you have to get the finishing blow on a rogue for it to count as a Rogue kill.

It'll say it in the bottom left kill feed

Ah well better start trying out that Sticky Bomb build, reports as doing 250,000 damage.. should be enough for 1 shotting some at least.

Audioboxer

Going to try and roll into DZ5 for the first time solo (1st time seriously anyway). I'll see how I get on. Melting stuff in DZ4.

Rogues, rogues everywhere.

milkham

If you look at the minimap id say that circle got a 20-25 meter radius around your dot.

So about 45-50% of it inside that circle is 10m

Set a waypoint and walk away from it!

thanks, i feel stupid for not thinking of it, but man that seems way closer than i would expect. the way point is just beyond the guy's head

12985591_10153987156554927_4919085614227072074_n.jpg

13000333_10153987157454927_9210729262909616991_n.jpg

EL CUCO

Started an official 2nd toon. Just gonna take a couple hours a day clearing a section or 2 with the spotify playslist, chilling.

170hrs in, and I'm still enjoying this game quite a bit.

Deku Tree

Dont it also say in their contract they need to publish for PC as well?

I have no idea.

But High Moon Studios is now helping with Destiny, and I thought someone told me that they do a lot of PC ports. Also Bungie was hiring PC testers on their web page at one point.

Deku Tree

Yeah Destiny 2 in 2017 is gonna be a new game. Probably drop last gen support and come out on PC too. Gonna get hacked like crazy on PC IMO.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah Destiny 2 in 2017 is gonna be a new game. Probably drop last gen support and come out on PC too. Gonna get hacked like crazy on PC IMO.

If they do dumb shit and build the game client sided for a online game, yes, yes it will.

On all platforms but seeing as the consoles are still for the most part locked down and not jailbroken yet, PC being a open system will drag that ahead.

However, I think Bungie knows enough not to have impactful things client side.

goonie

thanks, i feel stupid for not thinking of it, but man that seems way closer than i would expect. the way point is just beyond the guy's head
It kinda looks like the same distance as the second farthest target in the shooting range? That'd be good for testing weapons.

RyanDG

DT is QUALITY drops, all boxes are QUALITY too. DT Drops = higher quality DT

DZ mobs
Code:
LootTable loot_table_npc_low_normal_darkzone < uid=C742C9DC5443A0D1000225826B54AA9F >
{
    myLootGroups
    {
        LootGroup "Drop 1 - Weapons, Gear"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 5.0 / 6.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=075801E256448B8D00000D11937E3114 > = loot_quality_chart_default_darkzone
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_equipment
            myBackupItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_equipment_backup
            myHasLosersLuck TRUE
        }
        LootGroup "Drop 2 - Mods"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 5.0 / 6.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=075801E256448B8D00000D122A834C8E > = loot_quality_chart_default_darkzone
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_mods
            myBackupItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_mods_backup
        }
        LootGroup "Drop 3 - Access (incl. DZ key) & Consumable & DZ Credit"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 30.0 / 35.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=C742C9DC5443A0D100022588CADC83B5 > = black
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_resources_darkzone
        }
        LootGroup "Drop 4 - Vanity"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 2.0 / 3.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=075801E255FC1F9D000006BDD7392C8D > = loot_quality_chart_vanity
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_vanity
            myBackupItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_vanity_backup

Then we got how the game calculates the drop
Code:
LootSourceDropWeight myDropWeight < tooltip="DropWeight = A * SourceLevelDiff^2 + B * SourceLevelDiff + C" >

which for reference is
Code:
LootSourceLevelChartElement "source level 0"
        {
            myDropWeight
            {
                myB -100.0
                myC 100.0
            }
        }
        LootSourceLevelChartElement "source level +1"
        {
            mySourceLevel 1
            myDropWeight
            {
                myA -100.0
                myB 200.0
                myC 0.0
            }
        }
        LootSourceLevelChartElement "source level +2"
        {
            mySourceLevel 2
            myDropWeight
            {
                myB 200.0
                myC -200.0

And here is RC drop rates
lEKY6RS.png

Is there something else going on in the background for the loot drops? Because from what I can gather from what you are posting, you seem to suggest that the rate of drops (ie, % chance for superior) is flat and is not adjusted by scavenging...

Where as,

https://twitter.com/hamishbode/status/713049375551975424

This conversation from Bode basically states that scavenging affects the 'Quality' of the drop, and then goes on to state that Quality refers to High End, Superior, etc. Additionally, in the State of the Game address, Bode also states that scavenging affects both chest drops and NPC drops in the DZ.

cackhyena

Am I nuts for attempting stuff alone? I see the option to match make at level 5 for these early missions and I just don't wanna wait. But I am barely scraping by, so I know I'd have an easier time if I paired up. Has anyone else gone solo through the entire game?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is there something else going on in the background for the loot drops? Because from what I can gather from what you are posting, you seem to suggest that the rate of drops (ie, % chance for superior) is flat and is not adjusted by scavenging...

Where as,

https://twitter.com/hamishbode/status/713049375551975424

This conversation from Bode basically states that scavenging affects the 'Quality' of the drop, and then goes on to state that Quality refers to High End, Superior, etc. Additionally, in the State of the Game address, Bode also states that scavenging affects both chest drops and NPC drops in the DZ.

There's been countless discussions on this topic, especially on Discord lately.
Scav might increase quality of drops from other sources (loot boxes, boxes, normal mobs) but named mobs have fixed drop numbers.

Its been a lot of this and that, but in the end it feels completely useless.
And from all the files that's been opened it seems like scav is a number of things named MagicFind but not taken into account on various loot tables.

I guess we'll dig more in 1.1 files but for now, that's what it seems like.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The grind of getting the second agent to 30. Need to team up with some others and take turns on missions with three 30's and the lower level.

RyanDG

There's been countless discussions on this topic, especially on Discord lately.
Scav might increase quality of drops from other sources (loot boxes, boxes, normal mobs) but named mobs have fixed drop numbers.

Its been a lot of this and that, but in the end it feels completely useless.
And from all the files that's been opened it seems like scav is a number of things named MagicFind but not taken into account on various loot tables.

I guess we'll dig more in 1.1 files but for now, that's what it seems like.

Well damn. The div tech increases I've seen makes sense then, but the fixed rates on named bosses is incredibly disappointing. That really seems like an oversight based on the Ubisoft feedback, but I guess in two days it won't matter anyway.

So, earlier you suggested that scavenging does affect the weapon/item rolls though? So those can be improved with higher scavenging?

Deku Tree

Started an official 2nd toon. Just gonna take a couple hours a day clearing a section or 2 with the spotify playslist, chilling.

170hrs in, and I'm still enjoying this game quite a bit.

The grind of getting the second agent to 30. Need to team up with some others and take turns on missions with three 30's and the lower level.

Somebody was saying that it is a lot easier if once you get to Manhattan, you immediately invite a level 30 friend to your team, then they fast travel to the last area (Midtown East?), then you fast travel to them, then do all the "side missions" in that area. Then do all the side missions in the lower down area, etc. Apparently you can go from lvl 6 to lvl 9 in one side mission from Midtown East.

Daft Punk

Banned
Got into an argument with a manager at work who thinks people complaining about the nerfs to crafting and materials are babies and need to stop whining when compared to Destiny. Some people's irrational hatred makes no sense to me.

oti

Banned
I have kind of an odd issue. The game doesn't show me damage numbers anymore and everything lags a bit. So pulling the trigger won't shoot immediately, there's a delay. Same thing for turrets. This wasn't happening a few hours ago when I played. Is this my fault or is this server side?

I have kind of an odd issue. The game doesn't show me damage numbers anymore and everything lags a bit. So pulling the trigger won't shoot immediately, there's a delay. Same thing for turrets. This wasn't happening a few hours ago when I played. Is this my fault or is this server side?

I'm getting the same. Not sure if it's my internet or the game.

Hjod

Banned
Am I nuts for attempting stuff alone? I see the option to match make at level 5 for these early missions and I just don't wanna wait. But I am barely scraping by, so I know I'd have an easier time if I paired up. Has anyone else gone solo through the entire game?

I soloed my way through the SP. Just do all the side missions in every zone before going to the next, you'll be over the recommended level and the missions will be a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom