• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostburn

I've put both down and then bashem to death, I even win an achievement for one

The game has been really laggy lately. Like hit registration for both yourself and enemies not displaying in real time correctly then all of a sudden catching up all at once. Same with the Dark Zone. My guess is it has to do with that.

Oh. OHHHH. And if I craft Firearms Mod I will get higher each time? How does it work? lol
Thanks for this, didn't know that. Will be sure to through on all my firearms mods on my gear before crafting a weapon next time.

I think there is some confusion here. If you have more firearms, your weapons will do more damage in general. This is NOT set in stone when you craft your weapon. So it doesn't matter how much you have WHEN you craft it.

If I removed 500 firearms, my AK would not have 12K damage anymore.

So,

I'm just looking for some small advice.

I'm level 30, DZ Rank 26.

I do the dailies, all three, each day to earn the rewards from them.

What am I ultimately looking to do right now?

Just rank up in the DZ and continue to take on named enemies?

Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not doing now in regard to the end-game?

GazzaGSi

I think there is some confusion here. If you have more firearms, your weapons will do more damage in general. This is NOT set in stone when you craft your weapon. So it doesn't matter how much you have WHEN you craft it.

If I removed 500 firearms, my AK would not have 12K damage anymore.

Yep my bad, I get it now thanks.

JohnCYQ

Base weapon damage scales up with your firearms stat.

Oh. OHHHH. And if I craft Firearms Mod I will get higher each time? How does it work? lol

100.gif

Now everything have sense.

Indeed. Glad I saw that post

Thanks for this, didn't know that. Will be sure to through on all my firearms mods on my gear before crafting a weapon next time.
As pointed out here:

It's not about the crafting.

Look at your guns DMG right now.

then switch something out to lower or raise your firearms skill and look at your guns DMG again.

The dmg on your guns go up as when you get more firearms, it does NOT mean that you should stack firearm before crafting, period.

GazzaGSi

As pointed out here:

The dmg on your guns go up as when you get more firearms, it does NOT mean that you should stack firearm before crafting, period.

Yeah I miss read it thinking that if I had higher firearms I'd get higher base damage on the RNG when crafting which would remain the same when the mods would be removed. Clearly I fucked up thinking that as you could just remove and add the same mod to bump the damage up more which would be ridiculous.

So,

I'm just looking for some small advice.

I'm level 30, DZ Rank 26.

I do the dailies, all three, each day to earn the rewards from them.

What am I ultimately looking to do right now?

Just rank up in the DZ and continue to take on named enemies?

Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not doing now in regard to the end-game?

You can run any of the 4 Challenge Mode missions at any time. They don't need to be the daily for you to run them, and you can do them back to back. This is a good way to get Phoenix Credits and guaranteed High End items.

Come Tuesday, you'll be able to target named guys for HE items and the DZ will be a great place to accumulate Phoenix Credits.

But either way, it's a loot game. So replacing your gear wit better gear is the goal. And killing people in the DZ for the fun of it.

You can run any of the 4 Challenge Mode missions at any time. They don't need to be the daily for you to run them, and you can do them back to back. This is a good way to get Phoenix Credits and guaranteed High End items.

Come Tuesday, you'll be able to target named guys for HE items and the DZ will be a great place to accumulate Phoenix Credits.

But either way, it's a loot game. So replacing your gear wit better gear is the goal. And killing people in the DZ for the fun of it.

Ah, thank you.
Just wondering what the best way to get the HE Loot is though.
Is it through the DZ or is it through Pheonix Credits, or a general mixture of both as I play?

Horohoro

You have to be the one to down them, and then they have to die. You don't necessarily have to be the one that kills them.

The killfeed will show you getting credit if you do it right.

In my experience you have to get the last bullet I've downed alot more than I've been the one to kill them none of them counted.

Wow, these changes sound great. Tuesday is going to be too damn awesome. Dark Souls 3, Destiny, The Division. Especially looking forward to The Division because I haven't played it for the last week after dropping 72 hours into it initially.

Are they going to fix the sound bug where the sound cuts out when you change Mods? I had no sound on my marksman after changing a Mod on it.

Damn so that's what keeps happening to me. Son of a b! Been playing since launch and didn't realize it was the mod swap that caused it.

Hard quit or log out works to reset it on X1, but who wants to do that when in a mission or fighting in Dark Zone.

As for b-word-that-shall-not-be-uttered-ever hunting, rare occurrence like VE3TRO noted. So much more fun and suspenseful to standoff with a group or two than chasing solos which is boring as hell.

Still, it's a co-op game with easy matchmaking options so players running solo in DZ risk running into groups. Just how it is. If you can enjoy and survive solo, God bless and have fun. But don't complain if you see a group that takes advantage of your lack of back-up.

Ah, thank you.
Just wondering what the best way to get the HE Loot is though.
Is it through the DZ or is it through Pheonix Credits, or a general mixture of both as I play?

Right now, if you're fairly fresh to level 30, I say go for Challenging Lincoln Tunnel. Then start mixing in Challenging Lexington, which becomes the fastest one to run back to back, but can be hard at first since the rushing shot gunners can insta-down.

On Tuesday, it will probably be best to find a small circuit that you can run safely in the Dark Zone.

Once the community can nail down who drops what, targeting your upgrades will be easier.

Rolled a HE AUG with increased crit and headshot dmg, that thing hits like a truck. 100k crit headshots and you can easily keep it on the head, stable as fuck

Right now, if you're fairly fresh to level 30, I say go for Challenging Lincoln Tunnel. Then start mixing in Challenging Lexington, which becomes the fastest one to run back to back, but can be hard at first since the rushing shot gunners can insta-down.

On Tuesday, it will probably be best to find a small circuit that you can run safely in the Dark Zone.

Once the community can nail down who drops what, targeting your upgrades will be easier.

That makes sense, thanks!

Deku Tree

Scav don't influence drop rate, it influences the quality of the drop, as in rolled stats.

Does Scav influence rolled stats on crafted items or re-rolling?

Might be useful to save some superior or HE gear with high scavenging just for the purpose of putting it on while your crafting, or re-rolling...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does Scav influence rolled stats on crafted items or re-rolling?

Might be useful to save some superior or HE gear with high scavenging just for the purpose of putting it on while your crafting, or re-rolling...

As far as I know its only on the drop right there and then, as with 16% scav I've had max rolled stats from crafting and rerolling

Special C

Have they mentioned if they were going to fill out the remaining CM missions on the next patch? I'd like to play a CM against cleaners.

RyanDG

HE drop rate is fixed 3%

Scav don't influence drop rate, it influences the quality of the drop, as in rolled stats.

I was under the impression that scavenging did improve your chances at getting a higher quality drop (ie, gold vs purple, gold div tech vs blue div tech). Are you sure that scavenging only affects the rolled stats?

spyder_ur

I was under the impression that scavenging did improve your chances at getting a higher quality drop (ie, gold vs purple, gold div tech vs blue div tech). Are you sure that scavenging only affects the rolled stats?

We won't know for sure until if/when they clarify, but after farming a ton of DZ I can say with pretty high confidence that I see more HE with my scavenging gear on (above 180) and I definitely get way more yellow DT both from boxes and enemy drops.

spyder_ur

Is there anything worth buying from the darkzone now that doesn't require PC?

I think both the AUG and ACR blueprints are bought with regular DZ cash and those are top-tier guns, but you might still want to wait until Tuesday to see what refreshes. Plus, on Tuesday you won't nee DivTech to craft them.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We won't know for sure until if/when they clarify, but after farming a ton of DZ I can say with pretty high confidence that I see more HE with my scavenging gear on (above 180) and I definitely get way more yellow DT both from boxes and enemy drops.
DT is QUALITY drops, all boxes are QUALITY too. DT Drops = higher quality DT

DZ mobs
Code:
LootTable loot_table_npc_low_normal_darkzone < uid=C742C9DC5443A0D1000225826B54AA9F >
{
    myLootGroups
    {
        LootGroup "Drop 1 - Weapons, Gear"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 5.0 / 6.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=075801E256448B8D00000D11937E3114 > = loot_quality_chart_default_darkzone
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_equipment
            myBackupItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_equipment_backup
            myHasLosersLuck TRUE
        }
        LootGroup "Drop 2 - Mods"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 5.0 / 6.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=075801E256448B8D00000D122A834C8E > = loot_quality_chart_default_darkzone
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_mods
            myBackupItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_mods_backup
        }
        LootGroup "Drop 3 - Access (incl. DZ key) & Consumable & DZ Credit"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 30.0 / 35.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=C742C9DC5443A0D100022588CADC83B5 > = black
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_resources_darkzone
        }
        LootGroup "Drop 4 - Vanity"
        {
            myDropChancePercentage 2.0 / 3.0 _veteran_darkzone
            myQualityChart < uid=075801E255FC1F9D000006BDD7392C8D > = loot_quality_chart_vanity
            myLootItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_vanity
            myBackupItemList = rejuice_lootitemlist_vanity_backup

Then we got how the game calculates the drop
Code:
LootSourceDropWeight myDropWeight < tooltip="DropWeight = A * SourceLevelDiff^2 + B * SourceLevelDiff + C" >

which for reference is
Code:
LootSourceLevelChartElement "source level 0"
        {
            myDropWeight
            {
                myB -100.0
                myC 100.0
            }
        }
        LootSourceLevelChartElement "source level +1"
        {