• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I guess there really is no point going into the DZ undergeared, especially when people are going around in huge groups and one-shotting me.

Soi-Fong

I guess there really is no point going into the DZ undergeared, especially when people are going around in huge groups and one-shotting me.

Definitely know this feeling. If you're on your own, you're basically saying I'm target practice.

Add me guys on PSN: Asane

milkham

i geared up as much as i could and stayed up north for most of my dz time to avoid the death squads, they're moving up though and I'm assuming after the patch everyone who's not farming low level players will be farming high end drops in dz06. Not sure if it'll be easier or harder for new guys.

oti

Banned
I have kind of an odd issue. The game doesn't show me damage numbers anymore and everything lags a bit. So pulling the trigger won't shoot immediately, there's a delay. Same thing for turrets. This wasn't happening a few hours ago when I played. Is this my fault or is this server side?

Also took ages to get a Street Fighter V match with a horrible connection. I guess it's my internet.

deadduck

Fuck 8 man DZ groups.

Keep getting people down and they've got nothing but numbers. Quitting before I lose too many levels, it's late anyway.

milkham

Also took ages to get a Street Fighter V match with a horrible connection. I guess it's my internet.

i know there's a setting to turn off damage numbers, that's PROBABLY not it but you could check to see if it got flipped somehow. I've experienced the same no damage numbers then suddenly all the damage numbers, and also the not firing thing happens to me often.

oti

Banned
i know there's a setting to turn off damage numbers, that's PROBABLY not it but you could check to see if it got flipped somehow. I've experienced the same no damage numbers then suddenly all the damage numbers, and also the not firing thing happens to me often.

nope, was the first thing I checked, thanks though

Again, there's a delay to everything. I kill a rioter, he dies a few moments later. I pull the trigger, the gun shoots a few moments later and so on. It's unplayable like this. I have also experienced some weird things with my PC since I installed it though. First the game didn't launch properly and the CPU was at 99%. Then, after exiting, the mouse wouldn't really work anymore. I don't know what is happening. I'll reboot my router and see if that helps.

squidyj

Looking for a 4th player to run Lexington over and over and over, need to get my PC up before the patch, anyone up for that right now on PC?

Lender

Finally made it to lvl 50. Did 90% of it solo, so it's perfectly possible. Now the next step is to get my stats higher up. Main DPS is just at 115k, which is too low when I'm in combat with other people most of the time.

Jarrod38

The guy stuck in midair.
Screenshot-Original.png

16BitNova

I love going solo in the DZ. I play that shit like Metal Gear. Cover to cover. Staying out of sight. It's so much fun and the sense of accomplishment when you extract some good loot is so rewarding.

.... NOPE

kpzdy11.jpg

I love going solo in the DZ. I play that shit like Metal Gear. Cover to cover. Staying out of sight. It's so much fun and the sense of accomplishment when you extract some good loot is so rewarding.

That exists in the DZ? I think the best thing I ever extracted was a high-end scope. And maybe the Midas.... but I've found at least 5 of those so far and they're really not that great.

The only time the DZ was ever exciting loot-wise was when I was a fresh level 30 using a mix of purples and blues acquired through single player content.

Wolfe

I don't know. With the crafting nerf still incoming, there's merit to crafting now.

Yeah I've still been crafting but as a somewhat fresh 30 I can use the gear regardless. Definitely convert all materials before patch though as it would be rather silly not to.

I think there is some confusion here. If you have more firearms, your weapons will do more damage in general. This is NOT set in stone when you craft your weapon. So it doesn't matter how much you have WHEN you craft it.

If I removed 500 firearms, my AK would not have 12K damage anymore.

So on that note is the number you're seeing on the crafting recipe (the damage range) also affected by this? I'm assuming yes but was just curious. Saw your pic of 12k BM-AK and was confused considering my blueprints damage range tops out at just over 9k and my last roll was just below that max so I assumed it was a decent damage roll.

Datto says so many incorrect known to be false things in this video about incursions even just in the first few minutes:

http://youtu.be/zJWFO496yAU

I had to stop watching.

That's actually the exact reason I stopped watching the angry joe review (false information), I don't normally watch youtube reviews but after looking at some division videos it popped up in the sidebar and I decided to check it out.

Only a few minutes into the video he's complaining how none of the gear you find can be seen on your character, I turned the video off immediately. I know the guys schtick is being "angry" and complaining about stuff but as someone that had barely played the game up to that point I was a bit caught off guard by a blatantly false statement.

I mean, every piece of gear you wear/put on can be seen on your character, equipment or clothing.

I just figured lying about or being ignorant of something so easy to see (even if minor) left a bad precedent for the rest of the video given that he made such a big deal about it lol.

That's actually the exact reason I stopped watching the angry joe review (false information), I don't normally watch youtube reviews but after looking at some division videos it popped up in the sidebar and I decided to check it out.
The angry joe review for this game is ultimate level of cringe. I couldn't finish it either.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looks like OT3 could be up for launch of 1.1 or around tomorrow night. Any other title suggestions?

At the moment going with The Division |OT 3| Crafted from 150 OT 2’s

Ammogeddon

Looks like OT3 could be up for launch of 1.1 or around tomorrow night. Any other title suggestions?

How about "when the going gets tough the tough get grinding"? a little play on words from the guy in the BoO

Nice. Man hunt is the best part of the DZ.

Brother from another console. Get em, son. 👊🏼

You need to start recording these shenanigans and put it up on youtube. We lesser geared players need to live vicariously.

Wish there was cross-platform DZ so we could roll together.

This one was crazy, we defended a spot and mowed down one group of players at least 6 times, they were super determined to try and kill us and we kept on destroying them. They were well geared too...

And in another instance we killed a group that was on manhunt, stole their HE's. They came back and tried to make us go rogue, we killed them over and over and went on our own manhunt...

Mentok

Banned

tumblr_li9l29h4u31qh48umo1_400.gif~c200

I don't know why I bought the blueprints for the AK. Even with good talents, I just don't like ARs. Gotta get a nice LMG (and HE m1a, but those are unicorms).

soultron

Banned
OT3 | Alex Looted A HE M1A Then They Shot Him

Finally got the BoO Vendor BP for the BM AK47 and I'm not sure if it was a good spend. I still get more DPS from my vector because of gear-based passive SMG DMG buffs. What I'm getting at is that I should keep crafting vectors and hope for a godtier roll. :(

Why do I keep playing this game?

This one was crazy, we defended a spot and mowed down one group of players at least 6 times, they were super determined to try and kill us and we kept on destroying them. They were well geared too...

And in another instance we killed a group that was on manhunt, stole their HE's. They came back and tried to make us go rogue, we killed them over and over and went on our own manhunt...

Yeah man, that was a great little manhunt we had going.

"Okay, this is it. They're not coming back. They've lost too many levels."

And then they came back. And back. And back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom