• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

The amount of glitchers tonight. Had a group of 5 up north out of bounds glitching and boosting their levels.

Looked up how to glitch outside on youtube and wiped all of them bitches. Aw yiss.

Kalamari

The amount of glitchers tonight. Had a group of 5 up north out of bounds glitching and boosting their levels.

Looked up how to glitch outside on youtube and wiped all of them bitches. Aw yiss.

Haha, will have to check this out myself.

Sorry if this has been discussed, haven't followed the thread much this last week...but I was thinking that HE drops being more frequent kinda drastically increases the chances of people going rogue, doesn't it?

I mean, before, purples weren't really worth it themselves for going rogue...but if you are around other players who are taking out a boss, you KNOW they each got an HE, so you could double or triple the amount of HEs you get if you kill them all (and RNG is good and they drop from their packs).

Even moreso if you notice that they didn't have anything to extract prior to killing a boss, since that is a better chance of them dropping from their pack.

DZ might get a lot more interesting...

darkwing

Sorry if this has been discussed, haven't followed the thread much this last week...but I was thinking that HE drops being more frequent kinda drastically increases the chances of people going rogue, doesn't it?

I mean, before, purples weren't really worth it themselves for going rogue...but if you are around other players who are taking out a boss, you KNOW they each got an HE, so you could double or triple the amount of HEs you get if you kill them all (and RNG is good and they drop from their packs).

Even moreso if you notice that they didn't have anything to extract prior to killing a boss, since that is a better chance of them dropping from their pack.

yup, our group is already planning to camp extraction sites and set up ambush points

Iceman829

I'm in the camp where I believe there will be more rogues especially if the DZ is crowded. If you zone in with your squad and can't find a named boss and see an extraction you don't have anything to lose besides some xp. Also added in are supply drops that squads will flock to to try and lock down before other teams. As you said it will be interesting especially these next few days as people sort out drop rates and other things on all the new loot.

vivftp

I've spent the past 3 days straight farming the DZ to get my rank up to 50 so I could buy the MP5 and out of the 100 or so named enemies I killed I got exactly 1 HE drop - a performance mod. My friend logs on tonight and in the span of 1 hour in the DZ he gets 3 HE drops, including a Midas with a great roll. Another friend gets 2 HE's tonight within the span of 10 minutes from a named enemy and a crate.

Even in Challenge Mode my HE drop rate is abysmal compared to my friends. I've probably run about 50-60 challenges over the past week with only 2 HE drops.

... yeah, guaranteed HE drops can't come soon enough!

I know crafting won't be as important, but I also did a fair amount of grinding to get as much HE materials as I could. Bring on the update!

crafting.png

Iceman829

I've spent the past 3 days straight farming the DZ to get my rank up to 50 so I could buy the MP5 and out of the 100 or so named enemies I killed I got exactly 1 HE drop - a performance mod. My friend logs on tonight and in the span of 1 hour in the DZ he gets 3 HE drops, including a Midas with a great roll. Another friend gets 2 HE's tonight within the span of 10 minutes from a named enemy and a crate.

Even in Challenge Mode my HE drop rate is abysmal compared to my friends. I've probably run about 50-60 challenges over the past week with only 2 HE drops.

... yeah, guaranteed HE drops can't come soon enough!

I know the feeling. I only had 1 HE drop in the DZ for me this past week. I got 1 or 2 lucky drops in CM before the dailies bugged out. I'll see if I get anything worthwhile tomorrow.

vivftp

I know the feeling. I only had 1 HE drop in the DZ for me this past week. I got 1 or 2 lucky drops in CM before the dailies bugged out. I'll see if I get anything worthwhile tomorrow.

Yeah I don't even care much if all my drops are only mods, I just want to see gold drops!

Kinda wish I had more time to farm materials. Also just spent a bunch of Phoenix Credits at the DZ6 vendor which dropped me all the way down to 500 credits. Grinding Lincoln Tunnel until the update drops to get as high as I can.

deadduck

Yeah, I think they just have no answer. Too hard to pin down. They can take care of the problem with high geared tryhards one shotting lower gear players by separating them now but how would you even combat this? Seems impossible, but it is a problem.

Theres a few things they could do to make it harder:

- limit friends on a server, cross referenced by those in a group/party

- Transfer groups that have had people leave one group and join another.

Nothing they can do about rogues forming soft alliances organically. Rogues have advantages at the moment, but I don't think xp punishment is the answer. Although they could scale xp loss/gain and respawn time based on max group size during rogue duration.

They could allow an option of friendly fire being set to off if you get a shot in a rogue, linked to the rogue pause timer.

Allowing a rogue agent to extract makes no sense in the game context. Although they would just hide and it's better to be in the open.

Kadin

Well I wish everyone a great time when it goes live! I'll be on in around 10 hours and I'm gonna go in blind so I won't be in here until I've had a taste of what the incursion has to offer.

ChrisW

I'm betting by the time I get home from work the incursion will have been completed, there will be several game breaking glitches and nearly everyone will have the special gear from it due to a glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom