• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's XDefiant (Yes, that's what it's called) - Worldwide Premiere

Trogdor1123

Well, I like being the game play and the classes stuff looks fun but the rest... No. How can you put "realistic gun mechanics" in to a game and then immediately show a floating person in green mist. It's the new giant enemy crab.

Kuranghi

ubisoft are dead. they now pump out the most generic trash year after year. they used to make some genuinely good games in the past.

Its really fucking crap mate, they used to announce a new game and it would be genuinely exciting for the whole industry, I remember Kojima once said he was depressed that he didnt come up with the Assassin's Creed concept himself, regardless of what you think of MGS you can't say he didnt have forward thinking ideas/gameplay so him saying that is mad to me.

Bartski

Gold Member
Judge Judy Do Not Want GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Combat looks fun and snappy. I still dont know what this game is supposed to be. Is it PvP? PvE? Is it battle royale?

Why is it F2P?

lol at the youtube dislike ratio 1.7k vs 1.7k.

packy34

Would this be more okay if they had made a Splinter Cell game first? I think most of the negative reaction is spurring from the perception that Ubisoft isn't listening to what people want. I bet if they announced Splinter Cell at E3, people would be a little more open to this. I do think the aesthetic is... uh... questionable for this IP, but I don't think it's the worst thing I've ever seen like a lot of other people are saying.

Its really fucking crap mate, they used to announce a new game and it would be genuinely exciting for the whole industry, I remember Kojima once said he was depressed that he didnt come up with the Assassin's Creed concept himself, regardless of what you think of MGS you can't say he didnt have forward thinking ideas/gameplay so him saying that is mad to me.

tell me about it. price of persia, rayman, splinter cell, the first few far cry games and assassins creed games. they had so much good games and valuable ip. games that were fun to play. its sad that so many of the big western publishers are an absolue joke now. they put no soul into their games anymore. its more about how can we make the most money with the least amount of effort?

Last edited:
i think i made it 15 secs into the video before i had to exit out.
please tell me it was actually a parody of corporate pandering...and the video actually was like SIKE. And became normal?

"hey guys we here at Ubisoft have decided we like MONEY."

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

Seriously at this point just give the Splinter Cell IP to Hideo Kojima hes great with tact espionage game

Last edited:
It literally makes me sick how they ruined the Tom Clancy license , I swear this is like all things combine of things I don't like .
I will literally not waste my unlimited bandwith on downloading this

bender

What time is it?
Lol, you remember like a year and a half ago when Ghost Recon Breakpoint came out and Ubisoft was like "yeah, we're going to rethink our approach?"

Just think - THIS is what they came back with.

The weird thing to me is that they spend so much time chasing trends and then merging all of the game mechanics across all of their franchises, it seems like they've left an open space in the market that Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six used to fill. Not quite a hardcore simulation but not super arcadey either.

Cyberpunkd

Thread will consist of men in their 30s being pissed that game makers are targeting the teen demographic.
As teens do not have disposable income (or such income is limited) is the leeching money for F2P crap from their parents also included in design documents for this game?

Also, why TF use the name 'Tom Clancy' if it's destined for teens?

RyRy93

Tom Clancy doesn't have the same draw as it once did in video games yet Ubisoft insist on inserting his name into every garbage looter shooter they make and now this, these games are played largely by younger gamers that don't know who the fuck he is.

If you're gonna use that name, give us an entralling and focused single player game with a refined version of Siege's MP on the side.

Last edited:

packy34

Valorant is one of only 3 high-lethality competitive shooters on the market. CSGO is aging and doesn't get much support anymore. Siege has an extremely toxic community that's uninviting for new players as well as a pretty bad cheating epidemic. Riot is quietly capitalizing on its position.

Bombolone

Gold Member
lol called it. Lit, neon, unicorn, edgy schlock under the Tom Clancy name. Hot shit right there.
Just don't use the Tom Clancy name. Wonder if it will do better than hyperscape.

Combat looks fun and snappy. I still dont know what this game is supposed to be. Is it PvP? PvE? Is it battle royale?

Why is it F2P?

lol at the youtube dislike ratio 1.7k vs 1.7k.
That's telling isn't it.
I can't recall seeing that many dislikes for a new game premier.
The comments are brutal. How did Ubisoft think a game like this was a good idea.

I'd have developed a first person Splinter Cell or Division but this mish-mash of current FPS games just looks awful.
I get strong Brink vibes from it and we all know what happened to that game.

Top Bottom