• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

I really like the game. But some of the puzzles are so bad. In almost every case, I end up over-thinking them. I've probably done so on every puzzle/tomb so far, lol. Even when I go in trying not to over-think anything, some are just weird.

Ha yeah The first couple were the hardest for me because I thought for sure I was missing something. Once you realize that the obvious answer is the right one they become rather childish

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
8544631293_e49f4a632f_h.jpg

Saddler !?

YOU'RE SMALL TIME !!

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah, this game is pretty damn cool. Played up until the first bonfire, really enjoying it so far.

Minus the quicktime events, that is.

despire

*Some area related spoilers for the Mountain Village area" below*

So there are those huge rock pillars in the Mountain Village area, in the north east I think. The ones where you first jump around in the top (when trying to get to the pilot) and later on you get to explore the bottom part too when you return to the area. Problem is that I missed a few collectibles in the lower section and now I can't figure how to get back down there. I got back to the main area of the map with a rope but it's so high that I can't jump back to it. I don't think I can just go back through the "Monastery" area and I don't see any camp I can quick travel to..

Any help?

Forsythia

Finished the game this weekend, and want to play again, but found out there is no new game +. I know it would probably break the flow of the game, but come on, it would be awesome to do a new playthrough with all weapons and skills upgraded.

Epcott

Just finished the game at 88%.
final boss fight was ass but no where near as bad as Uncharted. I also hope they leave dual pistols out of Tomb Raider 2 since they're so cheesy.

I hope the next game focuses more on tactics and stealth, and less on spectacle. Sometimes the environment would fall apart or explode as if Laura had napalm tennis shoes. It became annoying in Uncharted 2, and here it gets repetitive.

Also, somebody please tell the staff QTEs are not fun. I await the day when they'll figure out a way to truly create interactive cutscenes without them.

And the tombs are hardly tombs at all, it like one unique puzzle and then a prize. But complaints aside, I love the game.

Guess I'll go back for 100% and play some multiplayer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh, no shit? I'll pass then, as I have no use for the multiplayer.

I've decided to not buy any dlc, actually I uninstalled the game shortly after I beat it,don't see myself supporting CD more after how awful the game was.

but if there is a classic TR DLC in the reboot universe, with real TR gameplay and platforming and puzzles and completely different than this game I might jump in.

Sorian

Banned
I've decided to not buy any dlc, actually I uninstalled the game shortly after I beat it,don't see myself supporting CD more after how awful the game was.

but if there is a classic TR DLC in the reboot universe, with real TR gameplay and platforming and puzzles and completely different than this game I might jump in.

Gimme some Dark Lara, I love that!

GenoZStriker

Neo Member
Eh, I hope the DLC has nothing to do with the Island though. If they are planning a sequel, I rather they build episodes towards that sequel with Lara becoming old Lara and dual pistol.

MoogPaul

Hey all, just starting playing this on my pc. I do have a geforce 660Ti, so I am grtting the crashes with tessilation on. I turned it off and everything runs soomthly for the most part, but none of the ingame movies are playing. The intro and the movie from the video camera Lara finds in the pack, it's just blank. The skip button shows up so I'm getting image to the screen. Is this a known issue with the card?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Eh, I hope the DLC has nothing to do with the Island though. If they are planning a sequel, I rather they build episodes towards that sequel with Lara becoming old Lara and dual pistol.

yeah the setting was pretty boring,it's not the only problem but it's was uninteresting and dead.

I really don't want a sequel hopefully this just a one shot thingy, but if there is a DLC they should make it completely different(like I said with classic TR game design) or at least try to not repeat the game mistakes and issues.

MattDoza

Getting 100% was a little too easy. The only things that gave me trouble was a poster I had to set on fire, and then a couple of those mines on the beach. Everything else was far too easy to locate with Survival Instinct. More combat tactics and more exploring for TR2. This was a real fun game. Story bits lost my interest, but the meat of the game kept me going. It's the first game I played this year, but I really enjoyed my time with it.

Dead

well not really...yet
Damn. The beach is huge.

Edit: Lmao just killed some crab and apparently there was an achievement tied to it!

bigace33

The game was absolutely great. The only complaint I have is I feel like it lasted about 3 or 4 hours too long. It seemed to drag near the end. Really good though. Now I want to tackle and Finish Guardians of Light finally.

Lima

meh, I hope they patch it in. you would think this would be standard by now
also what's the difference between ranked and casual?

Well ranked is just that... ranked. There is not much difference though to be honest since you can XP and level up in ranked, casual or even private matches.

You can just tell that this MP was done by a separate team that didn't really care much about it.

So I finished this last night and started going back through previous areas to scour for collectibles when I noticed some bad guys still around. Are these just bad guys I might have missed on my first run through? Or are they specifically there as part of the post-game exploration?

Dahbomb

So I finished this last night and started going back through previous areas to scour for collectibles when I noticed some bad guys still around. Are these just bad guys I might have missed on my first run through? Or are they specifically there as part of the post-game exploration?
They are part of the post game exploration. Most of them were in places that I had been in the campaign but they weren't there previously.

They are part of the post game exploration. Most of them were in places that I had been in the campaign but they weren't there previously.
I like it, as its not the scripted combat encounters from the campaign. You can hunt them, experiment, and it adds a little bit more to the fun of scouring the levels. Makes for a nice epilogue, especially if you still have plenty of journals and the like to find.

Dahbomb

Yea that is why I much prefer the post game style. You play at your own pace and you approach enemies how you want. You are still a god since you have maxed weapon upgradea and skills but it's fun anyway.

How do you get the treasure map in the geothermal caverns? It's in a room where I had to use some gas to blow a box onto the floor, and then I can use Survival Instinct to see that the map is on top of the place where the box originally was, but I can't find any way to get up there

Dead

well not really...yet
I really wish they had gone all out with the hunting. Red Dead style. Oh well.

Also while im enjoying searching through the nooks and crannies for the gps caches, a cool thing they could have done would have been unlocking one final secret tomb when youve collected them all. And actually have that tomb be one massive new level/area.

Edit: just got the commando rifle. Fully upgraded it seems OP as fuck :lol

Out of 85 total played games on multiplayer I have a total of 50 losses, lmao :( I look at some people's scores and they have like the complete opposite. I've never been good at aiming though.

Bollocks

I for one think the MP isn't too bad, but there are obvious issues which are a no go in MP like when a character is descending on a zipline, when he detaches at the bottom, he disappears for a brief moment.

But overall I like it better than the Uncharted MP because it feels less clumsy, in Uncharted you stumble across the floor the whole time here it's much more snappy but then again I haven't played a lot of 3rd person mp's because I'm not a fan of it.

I really wish they had gone all out with the hunting. Red Dead style. Oh well.

Also while im enjoying searching through the nooks and crannies for the gps caches, a cool thing they could have done would have been unlocking one final secret tomb when youve collected them all. And actually have that tomb be one massive new level/area.

Edit: just got the commando rifle. Fully upgraded it seems OP as fuck :lol

Game is so much better w/o the Assault Rifle. Turns combat into a shooting gallery

Eideka

Banned
When I got the "No stone Left Unturned" achievement I heard a familiar sound...I think it was the sound of a secret discovery in TR3.

TheOddOne

The achievement for raiding all the optional tombs popped upped for me today. Kind of surprised and disappointed, because I was expecting more of them.

Top Bottom