• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Thanks for all the replies guys! Finally got it open. So is the import item for today from Nintendo supposed to match the silhouette in the OP? I turned mine on and went to the shop and got [spolier]a graduation cap[/spoiler], is that right?

Nice to see I'm not just missing something that's sitting right there!

Oh, ok. Well I guess there's some incentive to spend a good amount of time with it!

Currently importing all the sailor senshi into my island. I'm actually lacking males at this point..

Where'd you find the Sailor Scouts?

BpfkaUuCUAAmFxS.jpg

My brother and Hank Hill were hanging out at the fountain. This game is probably the weirdest thing I've played in a long time and I'm loving it.

lol some of the games the mii's play with you they just straight up troll you.
The zoom game my first one was just a white box and I ended up guessing correctly with silver bracelet. I've also never been able to do the catch game at all

Javier

Oh man, the Catch mini-game is one huge troll.

Toon Link and Nikki had a rapping session this evening.

This game is so amazing. I love it.

Miyamoto expressed interest in Nikki, so I told him to go for it.

He took her to the beach at night to ask her out...
14362674214_742e3f6511_o.jpg

Rejected.
14383744843_57a2a280a0_o.jpg

He's taking it pretty hard. I know that feel bro.
14360247051_812898be6d_o.jpg

This game.

Played it for about an hour and a half, sure lives up to that "lol wut Japan" factor.

Imported Filsamech complete with a robot-sounding voice and a "BEEP BOOP BEEP" dance. So many lulz.

Tempted to make a Graces f Richard Mii to make a joke off that infamous tomodachi scene from the Japanese version of the game.

Koppai

MUST WAIT UNTIL E3 or PRICE DROP.

If anyone here ends up getting tired of the game I will take it off your hands for a nice discount :3

RetroMG

Really enjoying this so far. My wife had a rough day today, so I showed it to her, and it seemed to cheer her up, too. Although my Mii asked her Mii out, and she shut him down hard. He's still depressed. My wife feels really bad about it.

pariah164

Very, very tempted to trade in a few games and pick this up. I enjoy games like MySims and Style Savvy, and though I know this isn't even in the same boat (or even the same ocean), I dig sim games.

Kolma

Never have I wanted it to be daytime so badly...
zlCfzSBNw1sWKVKcr8

Miku is my only resident that's awake and she's working out at the fountain

watershed

Banned
Batman and Joker are neighbors, meanwhile Jesus moved in on the second floor. Mii News reported that Shaq spends the most time on the toilet, and lastly, Hayao Miyazaki has been having nightmares. This game really delivers on the crazy.

My sister is quite the active type and I think I nailed her personality in game.
Now she's constantly hanging out with Samus Aran and they are working out together.
...I guess my sister would make a good bounty hunter? One thing I learned from the game. xD

It really does get crazy when you have a good mix of real life people you know, celebrities and fictional characters.

McNum

The game is worth it for the singing feature alone. XD
Did you notice what the button on the bottom screen to skip the song is labeled?

"Make it stop!"

I should play with the singing a bit more. Not good at lyrics, though, and yet that doesn't seem like it'd be a problem here...

Nikki is eyeing up Obi-Wan in my game. I'd ship that.

wrowa

Is there any way to import Miis with predefined personalities? For some reason having to set the personalities myself kinda takes away part of the fun for me. It's more predictable that way and the characters feel less "genuine" to me as a result.

Robin64

Is there any way to import Miis with predefined personalities? For some reason having to set the personalities myself kinda takes away part of the fun for me. It's more predictable that way and the characters feel less "genuine" to me as a result.

QR codes that people export from the game already have personalities set, but otherwise no.

Robin64

The biggest problem with a lot of Mii QR codes out there is that the person locked it, so you have to put up with a nickname like "C.Diaz", can't alter the size or their fave colour, etc. Best to make scratch if you can.

Rocky

Banned
The biggest problem with a lot of Mii QR codes out there is that the person locked it, so you have to put up with a nickname like "C.Diaz", can't alter the size or their fave colour, etc. Best to make scratch if you can.

But for Mii's like Miku, you can't make green hair, like the one pictured earlier.

McNum

I got a locked Rosalina. I imported her into Mii Maker instead of Tomodachi Life. When I hit Edit there on the locked Mii, I got told it's locked, but that it would make a copy that I could edit. So I did and removed her "eyebrow crown" that is a neat little trick to use for Miis in games that aren't about excessive accessorizing. I'm sure she'll find an actual crown eventually.

I should start thinking of the next couple of Miis to add. Ganondorf isn't doing much, but I think his island retreat is doing him some good. "I think I may be insensitive sometimes." Ya think, Ganon?

zroid

Banned

I hate that. Why do people lock their Miis?

Top Bottom