• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Gabe3208

Banned
I hate that. Why do people lock their Miis?

I think some people just forget. I have a total of 38 or 40 Miis I meticulously worked on to fill my apartments with, and I can say from experience that after the 8th or 9th Mii I started to forget to click on the "Other Settings" tab when filling out name information for that Mii and thus leaving certain Miis locked. I would say out of all of the ones I made I have roughly 30 of them unlocked.

MicH

Luck a loved the little red flag hat I have her, lol. She looks so goofy! I should have taken a picture...

Robin64

Has anyone found out how to access or use the treasure items you receive when you win a game?

You can see them all in the Album in Town Hall. You can't do anything with them, mind.

A Pawn Shop will also open where you can sell them if you want money. Personally I'm just selling duplicates.

MicH

Aww, Nikki is in love with Link! I told her to go for it, and nervously she asked him if he would be her girlfriend at the beach. I loved his reply "Sure." lmao. First couple! And I unlocked like three things after that

Everyone falls in love with my mom, though. First Bill Trinen, then Miyamoto. Turned both of them down >:)

Robin64

Yay, unlocked the photo booth.

zlCfzSBVN9o9Z-NIj-

So.... Yesterday, infamous patriot Spongebob asked out Beyonce. With the thoughtful gift of... a plate of spaghetti.
ks5orvs.jpg

She rejected him. Shame, it was a match made in heaven. Don't worry little guy, just come over to my place and jam out - it eases the pain.
FufP2Fa.jpg

He looks so crushed :'(

Clockwork5

I wish more people had this and this thread was more active. I'm having a blast with this.

I would have been more active yesterday but I was working. I too am having a blast.

My characters from "its always sunny in Philadelphia" are spot on! Needless to say Frank (Danny DeVito) is taking over my island....

Clockwork5

lol some of the games the mii's play with you they just straight up troll you.
The zoom game my first one was just a white box and I ended up guessing correctly with silver bracelet. I've also never been able to do the catch game at all

That catch game is the "Dark Souls" of Tomodachi Life....

Branson

I spent most of my playtime last night adding random Mii's. Claude from Gta 3, tommy vercetti, Link, Duke Nukem, a lot of my friends. I still don't know why either.

MicH

Oh no. Christina Aguilera just confessed her love for my dad and he agreed to go out with her. Now I need to break them up!

Also, I can't for the life of me get the Imageshare thing to work with Tumblr. It refuses to log me in and just fails to load the page :/

PInk Tape

Banned
I've been having a lot of fun with this game so far. I think I need to transfer more Miis to make it more interesting though.

massoluk

Banned
Oh no. Christina Aguilera just confessed her love for my dad and he agreed to go out with her. Now I need to break them up!

Also, I can't for the life of me get the Imageshare thing to work with Tumblr. It refuses to log me in and just fails to load the page :/
Yeah, something is wrong with tumblr upload for me too, so I switched to using Twitter.

McNum

How do you get those clean versions of your pictures off of the 3ds?
For this game, it's incredibly straightforward. Press X or Y to take a screenshot of the top and bottom screens respectively. It'll be saved to your SD card. Use a card reader to get it onto your PC.

hwy_61

Banned
If any of you are Giant Bomb premium members, you should check out this last Unprofessional Friday episode. Those guys have showed what's amazing about Tomodachi Life. I went from what the hell is this game, to downloading it from the eshop.

Robin64

For people who love gold pants Miis, Nintendo got the pop group S.H.E. to promote the 3DS in Taiwan. And thus, they had gold pant Miis of them made.

original.jpg

Ganondorf is wearing a pink blouse & skirt and is making bubbles in his apartment. He is also apparently the island representative and held a speech to honour my solving 100 problems. Yeah, I'm hooked.

MicH

Just invited Beyonce, Whoopi Goldberg, Jay Leno and Will Smith to my island. And then I played Mii Quest and defeated a Super Scope. I love this game

I wonder... if you export a Mii with dyed hair to a Tomodachi Life QR code, will you get the Mii with its natural color or the dyed one?

Likely natural colour, the dye washes off when they take a bath - as I found out when Sonic took a bath yesterday.

Today I had Iwata pranking people with banana skins, Powerpuff girls holding a BBQ in the park, won a NES in Tomodachi Quest, Batman shot himself into space after eating his spinach, and suggested building a secret base under the apartments. Oh and Nikki and Sonic engaged in a rap battle, which was actually some of the best rapping I've heard in ages. Nintendo showing how to do it without talking about hoes or money.

Cody_D165

Banned
should i buy this game? I know zero about other than it looks like a sillier animal crossing.

There's less direct gameplay than Animal Crossing, but I've been having a blast. This game's a really unique experience thanks to the extremely quirky humor and fact that you can include essentially anyone you want as a character.

rcl66

How does the mii thing work? Are the actual celebrity's in the game with their names or I assume people are making mii's that look similar and giving them Celebrity names?

Robin64

How does the mii thing work? Are the actual celebrity's in the game with their names or I assume people are making mii's that look similar and giving them Celebrity names?

Yep, the second one. Though Nintendo have put out a few "official" Miis, most of them are user created.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think I have to restart my island; my wife-to-be is not responding well to marriage and the other islanders always suggest another sweetheart.

McNum

Yep!

Pink hair, frilly pink dress.

Pinkie from Everfree Island, 678-96 Red Chilli Pepper Isles, Coffee Ocean
SCIENCE!

Can you edit her, by the way? I'm not entirely sure if my Miis are write-protected. I didn't intend them to be. Also, if you keep her around as is, she's going to be incredibly playful, she'll want to play all the dang time. Which... matches her inspiration quite well.

Robin64

SCIENCE!

Can you edit her, by the way? I'm not entirely sure if my Miis are write-protected. I didn't intend them to be. Also, if you keep her around as is, she's going to be incredibly playful, she'll want to play all the dang time. Which... matches her inspiration quite well.

Fully editable, aside from gender.

Meeps

When I transfer to the full game from the Move-In demo, will it carry my items over or will I lose the 2 panda suits if I don't give them to an islander?

Top Bottom