• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Kyzon

Not getting much better...

zlCfzSEPmcck4TdCb9

zlCfzSEm_pM7wb0gpn

zlCfzSFJ6vwHUdn39m

I like how the kid became Chris Farley

Someone else already answered 147, but 30 is apparently a Copper Coin which you can get from Small Boxes while 95 I heard is a Tissue Package, but I'm not sure how to get it. A friend and I are wondering if it could be
a prize for curing 1,000 colds due to #147
, but no idea for sure :/

I got the box of tissues from
losing a game. It seems to give either that or a roll of toilet paper

So apparently in my friend's game right now, she's already married Jesse Pinkman and had a mutant child, and I've apparently been rejected like 10 times by various contestants from RuPaul's Drag Race, and just last night was rejected when Walter White attempted to fix me up with Linda Belcher.

Apparently my best friend is Shin Chan, and I spend my days playing WiiU alone or chasing a corn dog on a string.

Markun

I've got bad luck with the hat shop I swear. It's pretty much been nothing but new colors for hats I don't even like for the past few days, and the one new hat I get is something I don't like.

Oh well, at least the clothing and interior shop treat me well.

zroid

Banned
yep my hat shop has been terrible with just a couple exceptions. I got the cloche and bowler hat which are pretty alright. The jewel barrette is good too.

Sakura Yume

Neo Member
I got the box of tissues from
losing a game. It seems to give either that or a roll of toilet paper

Yeah, that's a different item than the Tissue Package though.

Fuck, a $1000 princess outfit just appeared.

Lucky. My store seems to know I want those kinds of things and thus, never gives me them. -_-

Edit: According to a Japanese wiki, apparently the Tissue Package is actually something you can get/receive
from a Traveling kid when they write a letter back
. Bronze Coin is more or less gotten the same way apparently, just from
someone else's island

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, that's a different item than the Tissue Package though.

Lucky. My store seems to know I want those kinds of things and thus, never gives me them. -_-

Edit: According to a Japanese wiki, apparently the Tissue Package is actually something you can get/receive
from a Traveling kid when they write a letter back
. Bronze Coin is more or less gotten the same way apparently, just from
someone else's island
Fuuuuck, thanks.

This probably isn't Nintendo's style but I kind of hope the next iteration includes more robust music tools. Letting players decide the number and type notes per line or even the ability to import tracks would add immense replay value.

I've got bad luck with the hat shop I swear. It's pretty much been nothing but new colors for hats I don't even like for the past few days, and the one new hat I get is something I don't like.

Oh well, at least the clothing and interior shop treat me well.

Sombreros are the only hat you need, really.

McNum

Huh, attempted to make Ryu from Street Fighter for my island... came out of it with a fairly decent Might Guy from Naruto instead. Success? He's going to be fun to have around, I think. Also made a Zelda.

Have any of you tried to make once character, but end up with a completely different one by chance due to a WIP Mii suddenly looking like someone else?

Some Nova Island shenanigans:

bLhodLE.jpg

cRyJSCE.jpg

Life is so much easier when horrifying monsters fuck themselves up.

I5tekYL.jpg

6ay7BFm.jpg

qgA1wZb.jpg

True to his MO of fucking everything up for everyone other than himself, Ganondorf tries to set up Shanoa and Soma Cruz:

x3SzgXl.jpg

But it was not meant to be.

wRWiUf9.jpg

This is really for the best, I mean there's no way that relationship wouldn't end in homicide.

Cannibal Island is doing well. I'm still pissy about the "no gays" thing because it's actually deeper than that. The game is all about gender and forcing people into boxes. I do hope Nintendo gets a little more progressive, as they've said they will. Other than that, though, it's a perfect time-waster.

HawthorneKitty

Cannibal Island is doing well. I'm still pissy about the "no gays" thing because it's actually deeper than that. The game is all about gender and forcing people into boxes. I do hope Nintendo gets a little more progressive, as they've said they will. Other than that, though, it's a perfect time-waster.
Say that to my male character wearing a wedding dress.

darklin0

Banned
I have been off my computer because of this game and books so I finally decided to post.

Here is my Mii, hopefully he has better luck on your islands. It has been a week and he has made one friend. So antisocial.

Kitoro

So I've been playing this game for about 30 minutes a day since launch.

I've got about 30 Mii's moved in, have solved hundreds of problems, cultivated many friendships, and leveled most to level 3 and higher. However, nothing out of the norm has been happening otherwise.

What causes things like dates, marriage, children, etc.? Also, am I gimping myself by not maxing out to 100 Mii's right off the bat? Is that the best way to do it?

Thanks!

HawthorneKitty

So I've been playing this game for about 30 minutes a day since launch.

I've got about 30 Mii's moved in, have solved hundreds of problems, cultivated many friendships, and leveled most to level 3 and higher. However, nothing out of the norm has been happening otherwise.

What causes things like dates, marriage, children, etc.? Also, am I gimping myself by not maxing out to 100 Mii's right off the bat? Is that the best way to do it?

Thanks!
In order for 2 miis to be sweethearts, they must be friends (orange icon). The better the friend status, the better the chance to ask to be sweethearts in order to initiate an asking out moment (pink icon). In some instances, another tenant may propose the idea that so-and-so needs a sweetheart and they will set a preliminary date to become sweethearts (orange icon). Sometimes it works, but from my experience it does not. Not all is lost if they don't hit it off though as the individuals will question why the cupid set them up together and they will become more interested in becoming sweethearts. After they are sweethearts, just let time pass and they will ask for your validation of their compatibility (orange) and finally a proposal (pink) event will happen; clear the mini-game and they will marry. Children just take time, around a week or so and dates happen after marriage.

All in all, it's just about interacting more and that means playing more.

Having 100 is a lot to manage; add people who are meaningful; I only got 35-ish.

FaintDeftone

So my Miis are not getting into relationships very often and I still haven't gotten any of the ones that are in romantic relationships (only two, mind you) to attempt to tie the knot or have children. Is this process totally random or is there any way on my end to help speed up the process?

Just wondering. I put a ton of time into this game so far and a lot of my days are starting to feel pretty uneventful excluding all of the new clothing/food I get. Also, I still have not gotten a street pass on this so that one building has yet to be unlocked and it kind of bothers me.

So my Miis are not getting into relationships very often and I still haven't gotten any of the ones that are (only two, mind you) to attempt to tie the knot. Is this process totally random or is there any way on my end to help speed up the process?

Just wondering. I put a ton of time into this game so far and a lot of my days are starting to feel pretty uneventful excluding all of the new clothing/food I get. Also, I still have not gotten a street pass on this so that one building has yet to be unlocked and it kind of bothers me.

That unlocked for me once a baby grew up and I decided to send him away instead of moving him into an apartment. Drove me crazy too.

Spent a couple of hours in town with a friend today. He got 4 Tomodachi passes, I got none. I know I keep banging on about this but something is definitely up!
I even redownloaded the game and update last night. Streetpass still doesn't work.
Annoying.

On the plus side my shop had the fabled Panda Suit in stock this morning. It's pretty cute :)

Spent a couple of hours in town with a friend today. He got 4 Tomodachi passes, I got none. I know I keep banging on about this but something is definitely up!
I even redownloaded the game and update last night. Streetpass still doesn't work.
Annoying.

On the plus side my shop had the fabled Panda Suit in stock this morning. It's pretty cute :)
I tried hitting a relay last night and my traveling kid was still on the docks hanging out and I SpotPassed someone who had Tomodachi but I didn't receive any hits - even though I had tagged for Animal Crossing, MiiPlaza, and Pokémon. The only place I had gotten StreetPasses so far was E3. Nothing since and I know I've reset the system and turned off and turned back on the feature in the game. :/

K-A-Deman

Just got the Wizard's costume from someone sewing it. Please tell me this comes in light blue so I can give it to Rosalina.

Some highlights from Inanity Island.

Charm topper Sweethearts Maya Fey and Bill Trinen got married and spent thier honeymoon in Hawaii. they have since proceeded to spend damn near every waking moment together and are now anticipating a child.

Reggie and Zelda engaged in a rap battle that lasted nearly FIVE minutes before Reggie erked out victory over the princess. they then went on a quest together the next day and defeated the insidious Lump of Coal alongside Weiss Schnee and Phoenix Wright.

Local man-band group 'The Achieve Men' have started practicing both rock and roll and operas at the concert hall after thier success in the pop catagory (and by success I mean that they finished a routine without me Making it Stop.).

Ganondorf has been evicted from his apartment on the sixth floor after being caught stalking Maya Fey and Ruby Rose at the cafe. He is now located on the third floor between Nikki and Brock Samson.

Neil Degrasse Tyson has formed a study group with BFFs Shaquile O'neil and Brock Samson. Luigi occasionally joins in along with RIngabel, who continues to wear his Hamster Costume for three days now.

...I love this game.

HawthorneKitty

Just got the Wizard's costume from someone sewing it. Please tell me this comes in light blue so I can give it to Rosalina.
I actually got extra colors on it today; so far Dark Blue/Purple/Brown/Black/White; 3 colors left to unlock.

Do we know if you have to buy all the colors to unlock more?

zroid

Banned
I got a witch's outfit from the afternoon market today, gonna import an Ashley Mii just so I can give it to her, lol

K-A-Deman

I actually got extra colors on it today; so far Dark Blue/Purple/Brown/Black/White; 3 colors left to unlock.

Do we know if you have to buy all the colors to unlock more?

I don't think so. I got extra colors for the soccer uniform before I bought it, but I don't know if it's different for costumes. But Dark Blue might work, If not I'll just keep her in the Versailles court dress for the time being.

Kouriozan

I gave my Mii some cheese, and he melted!
That thing reduced to 0 his Happiness gauge, he was nearly level 21, at least it was funny to watch x)

Ah, I have it. If you're supposed to quell a baby sitting on the floor and none of rubbing its head/rubbing its stomach/playing peekaboo work, just poke it. I just started poking her face and that amused her, haha.

I have every colour of the wizard costume. There is no light blue.

K-A-Deman

Ah, I have it. If you're supposed to quell a baby sitting on the floor and none of rubbing its head/rubbing its stomach/playing peekaboo work, just poke it. I just started poking her face and that amused her, haha.

I have every colour of the wizard costume. There is no light blue.

Darn, To much to hope for I suppose :(

Top Bottom