• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

BooJoh

I have over 70 residents and sell everything to the pawn shop and take care of people's problems whenever I can and right now I've got nearly $8,000 saved up. It really hits your savings hard when a rare item shows up in the shops though.

How are you making so much money?
I'm constantly broke over here -_-

I'm perennially broke too. I think you might need to have a large number of island inhabitants and spend a lot of time feeding them etc. to get decent amounts of money. Right now I'm managing 15 people and $1000 is about as much as I get to before I have to buy food or clothes.

I think you get more money by feeding Miis their preferred foods, so that's one way of making money. Of course to take advantage of this you'll need a somewhat large catalog of food. I can't confirm this right now but I don't think it's possible to feed Miis the same food multiple times in a row.

BooJoh

I think you get more money by feeding Miis their preferred foods, so that's one way of making money. Of course to take advantage of this you'll need a somewhat large catalog of food. I can't confirm this right now but I don't think it's possible to feed Miis the same food multiple times in a row.

They'll refuse food if it's what's in their stomach, but if their stomach becomes empty you can give it to them again.

I've actually only got two Miis right now that I'm feeding when they didn't request it, and that's because I'm trying to get them to have a baby.

More islanders = more problems and more games = more money. That's really what it comes down to I think. Although if you pick a couple of Miis to spoil then once they hit level 20 they'll give you an item worth $100-$200 every time they level up.

Kouriozan

Phew, finally.
Rosalina proposed to Luigi and he said yes, I got what I wanted :)

BrTVGJuCcAAboRs.jpg

BrTVS3GCIAAxQpB.jpg

Oh, by the way, Reggie married Mia Fey x)
I have 3 houses, I want babies now!

zroid

Banned
Welp, it took a long time, and multiple rejections, but Lightning is finally off the market.

She's Hideki Kamiya's sweetheart now. They were fixed up by a mutual friend. :p

zroid

Banned
Also does anyone else find it really weird how you have an actual voice and hands in this game. It kind of creeps me out, lol.

Makes it seem less like you're a "god" and more like some creepy guy who is stalking an entire island ful of Miis.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Also does anyone else find it really weird how you have an actual voice and hands in this game. It kind of creeps me out, lol.

Makes it seem less like you're a "god" and more like some creepy guy who is stalking an entire island ful of Miis.

It's like a cult! Now I wish I have "Orange Juice" unlocked.

These are the holiday locations I have so far and the treasure souvenirs you get:

Africa - desert sand
America - home run baseball
Cambodia - krama headscarf
China - panda toy
France - fancy soap
Hawaii - keyring
Japan - folding fan
Peru - pan pipes
Switzerland - cowbell
Tahiti - shell necklace

Anybody know the ones I'm missing?

massoluk

Banned
Wow, one of my kid just sent me a postcard from Austin, Texas. He started in New York. I can't wait to see how far this Mii will Streetpass travel to.

L~A

Yup, VG Chartz is trash and shouldn't be used at all (though it's ok here, you didn't make a thread).

There isn't any sale data for Tomodachi Life in Germany, but there's no doubt it's successful!

Phil S.

Banned
After failing the engagement mini-game three straight times with three different couples, this morning I got two engagements one after the other! Mii Oprah Winfrey gets around, by the way... >_>

L~A

Hmm... does the Aquarium room exist (the one you see in the news?). I think it was on sale once, but it just disappeared. If it's a daily room, it's not showing up very often. Really need one for Kasumi (Misty for you English dub heretics :p).

BooJoh

I hit some relay points again today, still didn't get any travelers or import items, but I did get my first letter from one of my own travelers (the first child of Nikki and Leonard Hofstadter.) Apparently the game is built with relay points in mind.

Brgm2e0CcAEqD54.jpg

Also this is a thing that happened:

BrgnwjZCAAErRPi.jpg

Just bought a refurbished 3DS and downloaded the game.

Immediately put in 20 of my closest friends. Everyone either falls under "Outgoing Charmer" or "Easygoing Buddy".

Sound about right, my friends are either sarcastic hams or stoners.

jengo

I hit some relay points again today, still didn't get any travelers or import items, but I did get my first letter from one of my own travelers (the first child of Nikki and Leonard Hofstadter.) Apparently the game is built with relay points in mind.

Brgm2e0CcAEqD54.jpg

That's weird, I've gone through Sbux relays a few times and seen nothing. Only got 2 tags thus far, just items from people...

I got 5 tags for this game today but none were travelers.

Related: If you are ever going to disneyland, take your 3DS with you. Lots of streetpassing there.

Firehead

Alright. Ended up giving this game a shot. And... My mind... Jeeze, this game is something. I'm enjoying it, to say the least.

Got around to importing some Miis from QR codes here; imported Ganon and this is the starting apartment they have him in:
iYgLFcTlXI2X9.JPG

Well done, game. Well done.

And this was my first dream:
ibgzxA2TjCcbLH.JPG

This game is amazing.

kubus

Quick question, has anyone seen this scene in their game yet? It can only occur in a married Miis house:

tumblr_mm0slw6Nu61s4bj5vo3_400.jpg

I've put more than 50 hours in Tomodachi Life already but I still haven't seen this particular scenario (screenshot is from the Japanese version, where I got this scene quite regularly). Maybe I have just been playing at the wrong times or something. Not curious because I'm a perv, just wondering if it had maybe been cut from the localization :p.

Yeah same with me, just showers only.
I bet they cut it!

I haven't heard from my son for over a week now since he went to some island in Spain. I think he's been kidnapped :(

Top Bottom